Grey Area a Star Wars Story: Chapter 5, One With the Force

That_Vs_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Krieger's Master was landing on the surface of Ryloth in search of Kranq. She plugged the data chip into a holo projector, it displayed information involving when the next shipment of slaves would be taken to the inner core. She looked and found a good location just far enough from the slave camp as not to be discovered. She was looking at a map of the surrounding area when, the hologram switched over to an image of Yoda.

"Going well, your search is?" Yoda's voice became distorted in hologram form.

"Yes, master I'm outside the slaver camp now. I'm going to head in and take down Kranq." She made the final preparations to leave the ship.

"Dangerous, this mission is. Caution, you must have." Yoda pointed his cane at her through the hologram.

"I know master, Ill be careful I promise." she got up and exited the ship.

"See when you get back I will, master Kara." The hologram shut off and Kara made her way to the camp.

She snuck through the forest surrounding the camp and came out near the slave cells. The slaves inside were asleep, but a guard turned a corner and spotted Kara.

"Hey Yo-" the guard barely spoke before Kara reached out with force pulled him towards her and kicked the guard in the head knocking him out. The commotion woke the enslaved twi'leks in the cells.

"Who are you? why are you here?" a younger slave boy grabbing the bars of his cell looked dirtied and beaten.

"Don't worry I'm with the jedi, and I here to help." Kara ignited her emerald blade and cut through the lock. "Go now quickly, ill free the others."

She snuck and dodged through the slave quarters she had opened three more large cells, but when she went to open the fourth one two more guards appeared. They saw Kara and this time managed to open fire, she deflected the blaster fire into the cell lock and opened the door. She continued to deflect the blaster fire as the slaves escaped. After the last slave got out of the way Kara deflected a blaster bolt back at one of the guards. She quickly advanced on the last guard, and slashed through his chest. Kara made her way to the center of the camp, which was now on high alert. Blaster fire rang out from everywhere, Kara deflected every bolt back into the guards that delivered them.

"Release the Bluurgs!!" A guard called out, and with that another one opened a large cage next to the slaver's ship. A large roar was heard as the creatures killed the same guard that released them before charging the jedi. Kara ran at the Bluurgs and jumped of one of their heads, she used the force to knock some of them down. When she landed, one of the creatures snapped at her. Kara lifted it up and threw it at a few other creatures, she lept on top of a cage and ran across the tops of the structures. She made her way towards the slave ship, but was stopped by a few guard blasting at her. Kara front flipped towards them, ending them both with one slash. The slave ship began taking off, as four more gaurds opened fire. Kara again effortlessly deflected each blast, but spared one. She pulled the survivor towards her.

"Is Kanq on that ship?" Kara was still holding the guard in the air.

"Yes ma 'me." the guard no sooner hit the ground, as Kara began to run up a near by canyon. She was barely keeping up with the ship, but she jumped and landed on top of the ship.

Kara made her way to one of the air locks and forced it open. She swung inside the ship, and quickly sidestepped an incoming vibroblade. The wielder over stepped and fell out of the air lock to the planet below.

Kara began making her way through the ship, she found herself in a sort of cargo hold. However, this cargo was made up of twi'lek and human slave that were broken and beaten into submission by a cruel hand. She cut the locks off the cells, and ushered the inmate to follow. Her and the slaves hurried through the halls trying to find the escape pods. Soon she heard something hit the ground behind her, she turned to look and saw a young girl on the ground to weak to go further. Kara went back and picked up the girl, but soon blaster bolts rang out and she barely blocked them. Kara force pushed the guards into the wall behind them. Then she ran back with the slaves, the halls twisting and turning. Kara was loosing hope when finally she reached a large room with multiple doors along the side.

"Escape pods, go get back to Ryloth." she handed the little girl to one of the other slaves.

"Not so fast jedi scum." a deep voice came from behind Kara, she turned to se a large and well built zygarian slaver. "You have no right stealing my property."

"They are not your property, they are people with a right to freedom." she used the force and launched the escape pods, the slaves were safe for now.

"You'll pay jedi." The zygarian unclipped something from his belt, and it extended out into a long crackling electro-whip.

"I'd assume you are Zanq?" Kara had repositioned herself for a fight.

"I am, but what's it to you?" Zanq drew a blaster with his other hand.

"I'm here to take you down, lowlife scum." Kara and Zanq began to circle each other.

"You can try." in the blink of an eye, Zanq snapped his whip at Kara, who dodged it. He then followed up with a series of blaster shots. Kara deflected each one but Zanq was fast for have such a large physic and dodged the redirected bolt. He cracked his whip again, but Kara blocked and ran in close. She cut Zanq's blaster before he could fire again and delivered a knee to his chest. Zanq back peddled, unleashed a series of attack with his whip. Kara found it increasingly difficult to block the attacks of this weapon. Finally the whip wrapped around Kara's saber hilt and it was yanked from her grip. She returned the favor by using the force to pull the whip from Zanq's hand. Unarmed they charged each other, Kara managed to deliver a few swift strike to her target's abdomen. She then followed with a sharp upward kick to Zanq's face, he manage to recover in time to grab another incoming kick and throw Zara into a nearby wall. Zanq charged and Zara couldn't recover in time before receiving a powerful right hook, followed by a upper cut and a knee to the stomach. Kara dropped to her knees, the hit knocked the air form her lungs. Zanq took his chance and grabbed Zara, lifting her with both arms above his head and throwing her violently into a nearby wall. Again Zanq charged but this time Zara reached out and grabbed him with the force and slammed him first into the ceiling and then into the floor, then threw him back hard. Zara then retrieved her saber, ignited it and as Zanq got up, many guards filled the room. One of them gave their boss a blaster pistol, then they all aimed at Zara.

"You put up a decent fight little lady, but this is were this ends." Zanq raised his blaster. "Kill the jedi, don't let up till she's fried." and with that the room lit up as at least two dozen blasters opened fire on the jedi.

Zara did her best to defend against the onslaught, but she was to worn out from her fight with Zanq. eventually blaster found its mark in Zara's shoulder, then her leg, then her opposite arm. The next three hit her chest and stomach. She dropped her saber, and fell to her knees.

"Hold your fire!" Zanq began walking up to his jedi victim. He pushed her head back so she could look at him. "This was your mistake jedi, thinking you could win against me."

"Killing me... only solidifies... your own... death." Kara could barely breath, but she looked into her killer's eyes.

"I doubt that." Zanq lifted his blaster and leveled it inches from Zaras face, and with that her body collapsed. The smoke from a plasma wound raised off her head.

Author's note: thank you reading Chapter 5, I hope you enjoyed. the action is going to dye down a bit in the next few chapters that's why I packed a lot into these last few.