Grammar Notes & Help

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

Not an expert on grammar but I know a thing or too. So here's a pic that's floating the interweb that may help you writers out there

No Caption Provided

Mainly coz I hate when people write "There were 2 guys.." It's not maths, its writing so it's two!

Hpoe tihs hleps seomone...and you're brian is letitng you raed this becuase you raelly only need the fsirt and lsat ltteers of a word and yuor brian works out the rest, but that is no excuse at all for bad spelling...ever! You type on a computer...use the $%!ing spellcheck

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: Brian, Coz? Looks like somebody needs to check your grammar and spelling.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@batkevin74: Brian, Coz? Looks like somebody needs to check your grammar and spelling.

Hpoe tihs hleps seomone...and you're brian is letitng you raed this becuase you raelly only need the fsirt and lsat ltteers of a word and yuor brian works out the rest,

Read it again...you got a complete sentence and your eyes read brain, didn't they? It is completely deliberate :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: I can still see the glaring mistakes. Damm you Aspergers Brain...or is it brian?

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Naamah_Obyzouth

The English language both spoken and written is a complete cluster f*ck. The language contradicts itself all the time, so it's not a huge surprise that people will make grammar or spelling errors. (Chaos, Knife, Couch) based on the basic rules of how our alphabet works, none of these words and literally a ton more make absolutely no sense. And it is because English is a bastardized language that was colmenated from every other langue on planet earth, even dead languages. So is it really hard to believe people may have trouble remembering all of our asinine rules?

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Not to mention... Many technical manuels are written with nearly perfect anal retentive grammar and impeccable spelling, and are boring. Sometimes when you focus completely on proper writing principles, the creativity takes a hit and the writing comes off dull. I would rather read an interesting story that has grammical errors and misspelled words, than I would a book written perfectly but lacking imagination.