Goblin-Leatherface: Transformation Time

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Leatherface is the iconic chainsaw-wielding cannibal from the popular Texas Chainsaw Massacre horror film franchise.

Green Goblin is the glider-soaring, pumpkin-bomb throwing ghoulish mad scientist nemesis of the American comic book superhero Spider-Man (Marvel Comics).

These two super-freaks from the world of American art represent a modernized rendition of the Occult, inviting fans to consider how new age pedestrianism (i.e., Facebook) makes for more creative Halloween-esque storytelling (i.e., The Terminator).

In many ways, Leatherface and Green Goblin are similar. They are both ghoulish, disfigured wielders of terror and eeriness. So I thought it would interesting to write up a transformation story.

====

"Norman Osborn was hard at work late at night in his Oscorp laboratory. He realized that his interaction with the strange new chemical he was experimenting with was transforming him into a muscular and maniacal monster which he called the Green Goblin. Norman decided to consult his notes about monsters.

'It says in this Thomas Harris film and this Tobe Hooper film that a monster (or serial killer) who seeks to present himself as disfigured is in some way obsessed with chaos and panic,' Norman said to himself. 'Maybe this Green Goblin is like Leatherface, the chainsaw-wielding monster from the Tobe Hooper film,' he wondered. Norman began considering how to use Leatherface imagery to soothe his Green Goblin beast.

Norman stood in front of the mirror in the den of his mansion that same night as he was transforming into the Green Goblin. He held up his print-out picture of Leatherface in front of the mirror and said, 'I, Norman Osborn, am not like the Green Goblin, because I am not like Leatherface, and the two monsters are very similar!' Just then, a voice inside his head, the voice of the Green Goblin spoke to Norman: 'Shut up, you weakling! You are indeed the Green Goblin, because the Green Goblin is indeed like Leatherface, and Leatherface is the demon you refuse to confront.' Norman was horrified and passed out.

When Norman woke, he wondered if the voice the previous night was of the Green Goblin or of Leatherface. Norman said to himself, 'Well, both the Green Goblin and Leatherface signify a fear of the ugly side of life and a rebellious defiance against the normal side of life. Both are goons or ghouls, and both seem to evoke pure terror. If I understand Leatherface, then, perhaps I can avoid the force and energy of the Green Goblin.' Norman was happy. He was sure his plan would work.

Norman decided to allow himself to fully transform into the Green Goblin. Suited up, Norman (Green Goblin) jumped on his glider, grabbed his pumpkin bombs and headed to the city park. Norman (Green Goblin) began throwing pumpkin bombs into the city pond late at night and screamed, 'I am not Leatherface! I will become Norman Osborn again!' Just then Spider-Man swooped in and said, 'Why the heck are you throwing pumpkin bombs into the city park pond at this hour, Goblin?' to which Norman (Green Goblin) replied, 'Can't you see, Spider-Man, that I am trying to heal my soul?' Spider-Man frowned and yelled, 'It doesn't seem at all that it matters whether you are Green Goblin or Leatherface!' and then wrestled him to the ground and hauled him away to a rehabilitation center.

On the way to the rehab center, Norman thought to himself, 'Even if I am not Leatherface, people may assume the worst about me, since I am behaving like the Green Goblin.' Norman resolved to continue meditating on how he was neither Leatherface nor Green Goblin. Meanwhile, a young man named Eddie Brock read news reports in the Daily Bugle of Norman Osborn apparently throwing pumpkin bombs into the city park pond late at night screaming 'I am not Leatherface!' Eddie quietly and eerily thought to himself, 'Maybe I should tell people that I am Leatherface!' Eddie had seen the Tobe Hooper film and had earlier decided to start wearing masks made out of the skin of recently deceased and buried corpses and creating panic and mayhem on Halloween Eve --- as Leatherface. The ultimate showdown between Eddie and Norman was all set."

====

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided