From Their Eyes - Chapter 10 (Shadow Of The Colossus)

RichGenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RichGenX

Authors Intro

February 20th brings the tenth chapter of From Their Eyes. As I said with the last chapter's posting, the sixteenth chapter is in the works. As I stated in the previous chapter's postings, this particular work probably stands along being written by a fan of a game who has never played the game. I've heard the music, watched playthroughs, but I have no direct experience with it myself, making my fic very unique. As with the previous chapters, I hope you enjoy this one. Now, you know I have been only posting one fic chapter a day, and I do this so not everyone gets pushed out due to multiple posts in a day. However, if you want to bump up my whole story, I understand. I will try to do the same, if you wish that.

Shadow Of The Colossus Disclaimer

Attention: Shadow of the Colossus is property of Sony. This should not be considered canon, but is based off the game. Please forgive any mistakes made, as of my information is from wikias and watching play-throughs on YouTube.com

No Caption Provided

====================================================

From Their Eyes

Prior Chapters

Previous ChapterRevenging Reptile

Chapter 10: Terror In The Mist

Basaran rested in the cave he now called home. It was the only place that any of his kind would have found comfortable in the land he now called home. Of course, countless years ago, there were many of his kind that called the area home. The constant geysers caused clouds that made the area constantly dark. Even the few trees in the area were now petrified, due to the darkness. It was an area that was almost uninhabitable, perfect for a Colossi like Basaran.

It reminded Basaran of the cloud shrouded lands he and his fellow Colossi had occupied in the old world. All of his kind lived in the dark lands of the home world. At that time, his kind enjoyed seclusion, and enjoying the darkness. They never saw any of the shadow creatures that the occasional traveler would speak off. Of course, in a barren wasteland, a lack of life meant a lack of the parasites that preyed on life. It was an ideal situation.

That all changed the day the Colossi known as Dormin came to the dark lands. Several of Basaran's brethren were taken in by Dormin's claims about the shadow beings. Dormin had even convinced them that the elders had felt it was best to get rid of the dark lands. Basaran even believed the lie, since their kind relished the dark. The elders always respected the homes of the various Colossi and other life forms native to their world. It was only the shadow beings that had not been native to the home land.

That day had sealed the fate of Basaran's kind. He remembered joining Dormin and many other Colossi in fighting the elders, and trying to destroy the castle prison of the Queen of the Shadows. When the war, that almost brought the population of all the life in the homeland to levels where life would die off, ended, the elders exiled all of them. It would be impossible for any of them to return, since the way back would not allow any Colossi through. So, Basaran's kind left Dormin, and scoured the lands they were now confined to. Eventually, after several of them died off due to wounds, and the lack of a dark place to live, they found the geyser filled lands Basaran now called home.

For a moment, Basaran's recollections were interrupted when he heard Malus speak in his mind. "Basaran, you must be careful. Dormin has convinced one of the little people to help him. The little man has slain half of our numbers. He is making his way to you next." Basaran took that information in. He had no reason to doubt Malus, since Malus had always been able to see through Dormin's lies, but the claim did not sit well with him.

This had been due to the fact that Basaran knew the little people never liked to enter the geyser field. When they had entered the lands the Colossi called home, they never stayed. The land was devoid of all the things that the little people would need to survive. This meant the little people would stay away, and the Colossi would have their peace and quiet.

That remained the way it was, until Dormin again approached their kind. The conniving Colossi had told them that the little people were starting to plot against the Colossi, and had taken to setting up hiding spots in the geyser field. Dormin had told them that the dark area would be the perfect area for the little people to hide in. If the claims had been true, it would have meant the little people were planning to invade and kill them. That lie led to a massive disaster.

After hearing that, Basaran's kind began attacking the little people who dared enter, and started approaching the edges of the geyser field. The little people had, in turn, started attacking Basaran's kind. At first, it had been one sided, until the people managed to kill one of his kind. Soon, it became an extermination, and all but Basaran were killed.

At that point in time, Basaran had called Malus for help. It was then he had learned of Dormin's plans to keep the little people under his thumb, and how Dormin had to be stopped again. Once the true problem had been determined, Basaran left the geyser field to help finally destroy Dormin, and give them all freedom. The little people left the lands, and he and fifteen other Colossi held the bulk of Dormin's powers in themselves. The evil Colossi had been rendered powerless.

Basaran's mind was snapped back to the present when he heard an odd sound. It sounded like one of the small animals the little people used to travel. His eyes were used to the darkness of the area, and he looked around. He didn't feel threatened yet, since there was no way that any little person could find the cave in the gloom.

After a few moments, he noticed a figure approaching the cave. It had to be the little man, riding one of their steeds. He also noticed the sword the man was holding. He remembered it from when Dormin had been defeated, and he knew it could be used on him, if the little man could reach the sigil.

Basaran was determined not to give the little man that chance. The second he was sure the little man was in range, he launched a few blasts at them. While the little man would have a hard time seeing in this gloom, it meant the blasts would most likely kill the little man, and their steed.

He went over to investigate where the man had been spotted, but noticed nothing there. There did not seem to be any sign of the little man there, nor the steed. He knew his blasts wouldn‘t totally destroy the little man, so where had the man gone if they weren't killed.

He was momentarily distracted when a geyser when off underneath him. The force of the water had him stuck on two legs, as the others were helplessly in the air. He received his answer about the little man when pain struck two of his feet. What ever had hit him made those two legs buckle, allowing his massive form to lower on that side. He tried to get up again, but what ever had hit his feet was too painful to recover from right away. He tried to look around for his attacker, but with how he was positioned, he couldn’t see anything.

After a moment, Basaran could have sworn he felt something climbing up his legs. He tried to get up again, and this time succeeded, but it had been too late. The figure was on top of him, running towards his head. He knew what was going to happen, and started to shake his body, tossing back his own head. He needed to shake the little man off, especially if the little man had that sword.

For several tense moments, Basaran wondered if he was safe. Had he thrown off the little man, or were they still there? He waited a few more moments, resisting every slight motion as a reason to attack. Had the little man who had been killing the Colossi been flung to their death?

A blinding pain in the middle of his head answered the question. The little man had managed to get up to his head, right where the sigil was. He violently shook his head, hoping the action would send his attacker flying. For a few moments, the pain almost went away, and he felt he had succeeded.

Then the pain happened again, and it was more intense. It was also brief, and Basaran knew why. He was dieing. The little man had killed him, and had released more of Dormin‘s essence. That foul Colossi would be able to reform, unless one of the others stopped this little man. The last thoughts that crossed his mind was that one of the Colossi left might be able to stop the man.

No Caption Provided

Dormin watched in delight as the part of his essence that had been trapped in Basaran left the Colossi‘s body, and flew into the little man‘s body. More of the man‘s soul would be gone, but that was fine for Dormin. He‘d still keep his word about reviving the dead woman. It was part of his back-up plan.

He watched as more of the shadow beings appeared around the little man, bringing the body into the shadow realm that was their home. It would only be momentarily, but it would be long enough to make sure the man was brought back to the temple. The more that gathered meant that his power was growing, and they could feel it. They knew their time was soon to return.

With the shadow beings arrival, Dormin returned his attention to the next Colossi that the little person would have to encounter. It was Dirge, and Dormin remembered the mental thoughts of that type of Colossi. They were some of the most bestial of the Colossi. He might have to give the little man some luck in dealing with the Colossi. He would have to fine tune the little man‘s aim, knowing how valuable eyes were to Colossi like Dirge. That would solve that problem. Things were getting too close for failure to happen now. It would all be a matter of time now.

Next ChapterHunger of the Sands
Following Chapters
Chapter 12Fire Will Not Kill Me
Chapter 13I Do Have Eyes
Chapter 14Care Free No More
Chapter 15Chase In The Overgrown Ruins
Chapter 16On The Old Palace Grounds
Chapter 17The Final Hero Falls
Chapter 18(Untitled Dormin & Mono Chapter)
Chapter 19(Untitled Ico/Shadow Queen Chapter)
Last Chapter(Untitled Last Guardian/Master of the Valley Chapter)
Library PageRichGenX's Library - From Their Eyes