User Lists: 13

No Caption Provided

Previous are...

__

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/fan-fic-8/fortress-3-2000334/

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/fan-fic-8/fortress-4-2011735/

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/fan-fic-8/fortress-5-2014115/

Ryker’s Island, 2018

Fortress looked at the thin, hallowed man in his early sixties that ninety-six percent of the planet was terrified of! His piercing black eyes were off putting like they’d seen too much. It matched his sheer bald head where hair was almost afraid to grow.

“Are you deaf as well as stupid?” Keeper snapped as he glared across the table.

Fortress looked at the image on his phone. It was identical to the woman standing behind him. She was Kard, and Kard was here to kill Keeper. He’d been hired to protect Keeper, well consult and now seemingly railroaded into. This was about to get ugly quickly! Fortress slammed an elbow backwards catching her completely off guard as he’d hit her in a place that people shouldn’t hit ladies. As she collapsed like a punctured balloon, he leapt over the table and tackled Keeper to the ground. The prison alarms sounded, and the room hissed as chemicals fell from the roof.

“Do what I say, when I say, and you’ll stay alive!” Fortress told the villain. “Do you understand me?”

“You’re on my sternum!” Keeper huffed. “Ten, one and two by the way.”

Fortress glanced up to see three guards descending upon them while the guard in power armour charged up some sort of electro-net. With a grit of his teeth and a grunt Fortress lashed out with a telekinetic barrage that knocked them flying.

“UP!” Fortress yelled as he yanked Keeper to his feet.

“If you...”

Fortress grabbed the collar of Keeper’s uniform in a tight fist and drew him eye to eye. “What? I’m here to keep you alive, old man. Now DOWN!”

Fortress threw Keeper back to the floor as Kard stood up, clad in a humming purple battle suit and ready to fight.

Keeper sniffed the air. “Ah they’re still stupidly using C8H10

“What?” Fortress asked as he erected a shield as both Kard, and the guards opened fire on him. The bullets hit the shield and wobbled as if caught in jelly.

“The aromatic hydrocarbon C8H10 is also known as Xylene,” Keeper said smugly. “Now by my estimation, your powers are telekinetic meaning you can stop physical objects and the like.”

“I should just let her kill you,” Fortress muttered as he scanned the room.

“She is about to switch weapons in seven seconds, probably to that napalm cannon. Xylene is highly flammable…”

“WHAT?” Fortress looked at Keeper, then Kard, then the guards, then back at Keeper. “Hold on!”

Fortress shoved Kard backwards and then bolted INTO the prison through the doors Keeper had come through. The guards fired on them but the tk shield absorbed them. Fortress used his powers to rip a bar off a cell and bolt the door behind them.

“This SO isn’t worth the money!” Fortress groaned as he looked around the long corridor.

“I can’t believe anyone is paying you,” Keeper replied sarcastically.

Keeper looked back at his would-be saviour and smiled. “Lead on, MacDuff.”

“The names Fortress!”

Keeper rolled his eyes. “You’re another child playing dress ups.”

Fortress was about to unleash a verbal tirade when the doors behind them exploded open. Fire rushed along the roof as Kard flew into the corridor. The room behind her looked like a level of hell. “GET BACK HERE YOU BASTARD!”

“I think she’s talking to you,” Keeper deadpanned.

Fortress grabbed Keeper like a toddler, scooping him under his arm and running down the hallway. “Who is she?”

“I have NO idea.” Keeper replied as he went with the flow. “I thought that was your job.”

“My job was to come here, scope out if the job was worth my time, and leave. If I ever find Flail, I’m going to…”

“Flail set this up?” Keeper asked. “That weaselly little sod!”

“You’d rather die?” Fortress asked.

“I’d actually hire someone ABLE to the job,” Keeper retorted. “I’d duck if I were you.”

Fortress took the advice as a column of superhot flame roared over them. Instinctively he went for his sidearm but wasn’t packing due to being in a prison. Kard charged after them, cursing all the way.

“Why don’t you use your powers or something?” Fortress asked as he scrambled away. “You’re supposed to be the meanest, baddest bastard on the planet!”

“And violate my chances of parole?” Keeper replied drolly. “I think not.”

“KEEPER!” Kard screamed as she caught up to the fleeing pair. Fortress threw up a tk bubble to protect them both. Kard glared at the tall black mercenary.

“I can’t believe you’re protecting him!” she spat. “You’re just as bad as he is!”

“I’m just doing my job, Kard, just like you are. You walk away, I can walk away.”

“This isn’t a contract, this is personal!” Kard popped an energy blade out of the wrist of her right gauntlet.

“Oh, how utterly original,” Keeper mocked.

To be continued...

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 1092

@batkevin74: Yay! More Fortress! I really need to go back and read the other chapters again, but I liked this one as it was. Hope there's more soon. :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@cbishop: 2020 is the year of tying up old stories and keeping some going that really need to keep going

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Interesting plot setup! I like the interaction between Fortress and Keeper.

Might start writing Keeper again once my Uni work calms down.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: 2020 is the year of tying up old stories and keeping some going that really need to keep going

I thought that was 2016? ;)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: 2016, 2020, 2024, it’s an Olympic cycle:)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Edging up to the keyboard in one of his trademark Hawaiian shirts, we now have reigning Incomplete Story Finisher, Batkevin74. A fan favorite for this Olympic competition, famous for his dangling plot threads, Batkevin' is known for revisiting stories years later, often ending them suddenly, but not without drama and reader satisfaction. It's part of the reason that he's an ISF champion- that and no one else actually finishes their stories. Interlocking his fingers in the classic backhanded pre-writing stretch, he takes a sip of his favorite frosty beverage, rubs his hands together in a final warm up, annnd he's off! This is going to be good!"

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop said:
@batkevin74 said:

"Edging up to the keyboard in one of his trademark Hawaiian shirts, we now have reigning Incomplete Story Finisher, Batkevin74. A fan favorite for this Olympic competition, famous for his dangling plot threads, Batkevin' is known for revisiting stories years later, often ending them suddenly, but not without drama and reader satisfaction. It's part of the reason that he's an ISF champion- that and no one else actually finishes their stories. Interlocking his fingers in the classic backhanded pre-writing stretch, he takes a sip of his favorite frosty beverage, rubs his hands together in a final warm up, annnd he's off! This is going to be good!"

That's amazing and accurate!

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Jexsu

Pretty decent story so far, and I'm anticipating the next chapter. But, I raised a brow at one sentence that sort of threw me off a bit, and was wondering if you could elaborate on it?

"Fortress looked at the thin, hallowed man in his early sixties that ninety-six percent of the planet was terrified of!"

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by this?

@batkevin74

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jexsu: In this universe, Keeper is THE villain. He’s a combination of Dr Doom, Lex Luthor, Magneto and Ted Bundy. He’s terrified the planet for decades; everyone has heard of him and none of its good.

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@batkevin74: Ah, okay. Was strange sentence to me. Lol.