RichGenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RichGenX
Author's Intro

Author’s lead in: As I stated in the first two stories, this is a reimagining of my entries into the fic group, Marvel Mayhem on ComicVine. This is a rewrite of an entry called On The Run: Story 1: The Chase Begins. Since the time that story was typed up, I had added certain details that allowed to make this rewrite more detailed. I also changed certain things, since this is an alternate version of Marvel Mayhem. Again, this will be an alternate timeline to the original Marvel Mayhem, as well as Marvel, but acknowledge the existence of universes that follow the other fan fictions out there. Also, if you enjoy this, please comment, or send me a message on ComicVine or my own private e-mail: richardbsampsonjr@yahoo.com

I would also like to apologize in the long time since posting this and the prior story. I have many things I work on, as well as my family to take care of.

Generation X/Marvel Mayhem Disclaimer
No Caption Provided

Attention: Generation X and their villains, as well as any other mutant mentioned in this work, is property of Marvel Comics. The character Richard Cale is one of my own development. There will be changes to some of the characters background, as this work is an alternate of the Marvel Mayhem series on ComicVine.com.

No Caption Provided

====================================================

Previous Entries

Previous EntryA Chance Encounter(Original)

No Caption Provided

Story 3: Fleeing From Danger (Rewrite of On The Run: Story 1: The Chase Begins)

On the outskirts of Dover, there is a small little community that enjoyed a sense of quiet. For the most part, it enjoyed the peaceful calm that came with communities on the outskirts of a major hub. It was this sense of calm that drew it to the attention of one of England’s wealthy families, the Cales. They had purchased the large manor home on the outskirts of town, and used it when they needed to get away.

When the Cale’s were in town, however, it usually also brought in a few paparazzi as well. These people would always try to catch the Cale’s in some embarrassing moments. On the whole, it proved a boon to some places in town, especially the clothing shop in town. The young man who was currently working never seemed to mind them. They would buy clothes, most likely to hide who they were, and try to catch pictures. He never thought much about them until the one day he met the Cale’s son, Richard.

That chance encounter had changed his view a bit on the paparazzi. While some of them were decent, he learned some were purposefully trying to instigate scenes. It was for that reason that whenever he recognized some of them in town, he would notify Richard right away. It was rare when they would be in town and the Cale’s weren’t. Right now, he knew the Cale’s weren’t in town, since the only paparazzi he had seen in days was one of the nicest ones.

He was brought out of his musings, however, when the door to the shop opened. He noticed a cab was outside, but he couldn’t see who was paying for it. That was because his eyes got drawn to the figure entering the shop. She was a redhead, probably close to his age, but how she was dressed is what caught his eye. She wore a black jacket, that was zipped up to a point, but it didn’t hide enough of the outfit under it. Of that, he could tell it must be one of those get-ups they wear in those alternative lifestyle clubs. Why she would be in one of those, he couldn’t fathom, nor why she would be in the shop right now.

As she passed him, he noticed a few more things about her. First off, the outfit under the jacket really did look like it was something from one of those clubs. It looked so out of place on her, and really shouldn't be worn in public. Of what he did see, he also figured it was tight on her. He then noticed her face, and while it looked on the plain side, her eyes made him realize that she wasn't. They were completely blue. That meant she had to be a mutant. That, when combined with her looks, would definitely make her the target of most of the old-fashioned crowd’s ire.

He was almost locked on that thought when she stopped and looked at him. The action was accompanied by her trying to hold the jacket shut. The look on her face seemed to hint that she had an idea that she should be ashamed of her attire. She did her best to hold it shut, and not draw his attention to her outfit. He was then surprised by the tone in her voice, as if she had been embarrassed, and not used to the words she was saying. "Excuse me, but do you have anything for girls?" It was all he could do to point to the proper section. She nodded, and headed over there, saying "Thank you" as she went over.

James was thankful the place was empty at this time. He could imagine the fuss this girl would be causing. She was so young, but wore something so inappropriate. He did, however, think the jacket she had on looked familiar. In fact, he had been the one to sell a jacket just like it to Richard Cale the last time the Cale’s were at the manor. Still, he felt he needed to keep an eye on her. He couldn’t figure how she would pay for the stuff.

He never noticed that the door had opened again while all that transpired, and he was so worried about what people would think, he was shocked when a figure behind him spoke. “Evening, Jimmy.” He spun around to find himself facing the last person he’d expect to enter the store now, Richard Cale. This surprised him because Richard would usually call before arriving in town, to check for paparazzi.

Richard remained calm as he saw the look of surprise on the stork clerk’s face. He had come to consider Jimmy as a friend, and would always call if the family was coming to the Manor. This time, however, was different. This time, it was only him, and he didn’t want it getting around that he had come to the town. He also announced his presences to Jimmy for a second reason. He didn’t want Yvette getting too much attention right now. He knew people would jump to many wrong conclusions about her. Luckily, Jimmy’s shock made him jump to the usual questions, before trying to return his gaze to watching Yvette. “Holy! Richard Cale. What are you doing here? Is your family in town?”

Richard just smiled, and managed to bring Jimmy’s attention back to him instead of Yvette. At least he could use a half truth to help deflect Jimmy’s mind as he answered the questions. “Just passing through. I came across the young lady there, and she looked in need of help. Judging by the looks of her attire, I really don’t want to think about what she’s been through, do you?” For a moment, he saw Jimmy blink, before nodding in agreement. He had a feeling Jimmy had come to a different conclusion about her.

While the store clerk went back to watching Yvette, Richard took that moment to mentally talk to her. “Just pick something you think will fit. We can try and find other things at the house.” He saw her nod, and watched as her eyes seemed to focus on some blue outfits. He could understand that, since while they had been in the cab, he found himself staring at those blue eyes. They were captivating. He would also admit that it was the safest place to stare, given her current attire. He figured she had been thankful for his jacket.

As Yvette picked out some clothing, he heard Jimmy say, "I'll be honest, I thought she might have been part of one of those alternative lifestyles instead of something bad. That attire wouldn't fly well around here if it was one of those." He then saw Jimmy turn to face him again, a look of slight adoration on his face. "Nice of you to help her out. At least, I'm figuring you're paying for the clothes." Richard nodded in response, and saw Jimmy pull out a small pad and paper, like he was trying to keep tract of the items Yvette was picking out. As he tallied everything up, the clerk remarked to him, "She must not know how much you have, since she's going for all the low cost items. Are you going to be taking her up to the manor?"

For a moment, Richard lost focus as his mind ran through the risks of the plan he had been thinking up. He wanted to give Yvette a few moments of peace, as well as a chance to properly clean up for once. The only way to do that, undetected, was to take her to the manor. The real trick would be to make sure no one knew they were there. If people knew they were there, then Emplate would find out as well. Once in the manor, they had an easy way out of the country. Finally, he shook his head. If people heard he was in town, then Emplate would find out as well. His plan required them to have a few hours to rest, get supplies, and for Yvette to get cleaned up. He knew she had been in that cell for a while, and had to be in good need of a bath. While he hated lying to James in that way, he knew it was for everyone's benefit.

It was at that point that Yvette walked over with a few items of clothing. Richard had pulled out a few bills and placed them on the counter. "That should handle the cost. Just keep the rest, just in case any paparazzi ask." He then leaned in close, and said, "Can you imagine the field day they would have if they got a picture of me with her, dressed as she is now?"

Jimmy looked at the money on the counter, and almost gasped. It was a thousand pounds. The clothes the girl had picked out, all blue, and all not any of the real fancy stuff they occasionally get in for special orders, would have been covered by at least two of the hundred pound notes. He started to wonder, giving the girl another curious glance, if there was another reason Richard was helping her. He then put that one out of his mind. He had never pegged Richard Cale as a flirt. Hell, he never openly encouraged the local girls who tried to woo him when he was in town. Of course, given the girl's red hair, he could understand why.

When he finally took his eyes off the money, it was in time to see Richard and the redhead leave the store. While Richard had said he was only passing through, Jimmy knew enough to watch which way they went. The manor where the Cale's stayed when they were in town was off to the left as one left the store. If Richard was lying about just passing through town, he would head that way. It turned out, to Jimmy, that Richard had been telling the truth. The two headed off to the right. He figured that Richard had told the cabbie to wait for them just out of sight of the door, and store window. Satisfied, Jimmy went back to work, taking care of his usual duties.

The pair, however, had done that as a ploy to further convince the shop worker that they were only passing through town. While that was the truth to an extent, they needed to stop at the manor, which was on the outskirts of the community. With the attention his father had been getting lately, Richard had made it a point to familiarize himself with extra routes to any residence they had. It also helped in avoiding any prying eyes.

It was no surprise, at least to Richard, that no one saw them enter a tree covered path that lead to a back door to the manor. The door, which was mainly used by the caretaker, and the Cale's when they wanted privacy, was only locked by a key, which was hidden in a fake rock. While it was rather low class, it wasn't something people would consider for someone as wealthy as the Cale's. Added to it that the path to this door was covered in trees, that meant no one would see them as they entered the manor.

As Richard started unlocking the door, Yvette was getting very nervous. Here she was, preparing to enter a home of the guy who rescued her. While she had not detected anything but sincere thoughts about her, she recalled some stories she heard from other girls back in her homeland. Stories where the girls went with a boy to either’s home, and since they had been the only ones there, they made out, sometimes when the girls didn't want to. This would have been one of those circumstances, under normal circumstances. Of course, a part of her secretly hoped that would happen but didn't pursue it right now. It did, however, prompt her to ask, "Are you sure this will be alright?"

She felt a little at ease when he opened the door, and said, "It will be. My parents are still at home, back where we had initially come from. This is the safest place to be, if Emplate managed to follow us. Just one more second, and I'll have the security alarm disabled." She nodded, and then watched as he did something to an object just inside. Once he was done, she saw him motion for her to enter. "Alright. It's safe to enter. Once you are in, I'll close and lock the door."

She quickly did so, and turned as Richard did as he said. The second she heard the click, a small part of her felt some apprehension. While Richard had not only rescued her, but now got her clothing to wear, words her mother had said came back to her. "Be careful of the quiet ones, Yvette. While they act like gentlemen, they show their real colors when they don't think anyone is watching." She wondered, for a moment, if Richard might have something sneaky up his sleeve. She then hoped he might have something up his sleeve, since she had always thought her powers would prevent her from even having casual contact with another person.

Those thoughts, however, went away when she finally started seeing how nice the building was. It was beautiful, especially as the last traces of sunlight cast a lovely glow in the windows. She even let out a gasp as one of the beams of light hit a chandelier. “This place is beautiful. The way the light hits the chandelier.”

As they reached some stairs, she heard Richard respond to her statement. “It does have its nice points. Unfortunately, we can’t really enjoy them. We need to get upstairs, and over to the main bathroom. It will keep us out of view of the front of the house. That’s usually where paparazzi try to camp out. It will also make people think the place is still empty for the time being.” She understood what he meant. If they wanted to remain undetected, they would need to remain hidden from people for as much as possible.

She followed him up the stairs, resisting the urge to take his hand. She didn’t know if it would seem weird or not. She wanted to, and she had a feeling he might want her to, but she resisted the urge. Once they were at the top of the steps, she followed him as he headed down one of the halls at the top of the steps. He stopped long enough to open a closet, and pull out some candles and a box of matches. She watched as he turned to look at her.

Richard saw a puzzled look on Yvette’s face, and figured he had to explain. “I don’t want to run the risk of someone discovering we are here, so no electric lights. We’ll be fine with the candles, since their light won’t reach the windows.” It was a smart move. He had no doubt that even if Emplate might come to the town, the lack of lights might be enough to make the fiend think they weren’t there.

He then saw a look of understanding cross her face. “I think I get it. If we go without turning anything electric on, anyone who does look at the place will think its empty, and that the security system is on.” He then saw a concerned look on her face, as if something was wrong about the situation. The next words she spoke, however, told him he hadn’t thought of one thing. “Does that mean there won’t be any hot water as well?”

He had forgotten that one of the reasons they came here was so she could make herself more presentable, and that meant getting cleaned up. Now, he was telling her that there would be no hot water. He felt like a complete lowlife, making Yvette suffer with cleaning with cold water, especially with all the suffering she had already endured.

To his relief, she gave him a smile. "It’s alright. At least I can get out of these horrible restraints, and cleaned up." He nodded, relieved that she was alright with the inconvenience. He then led her to the main bathroom. Since it wasn't night time yet, there was some light coming into the room. He then started to fill the tub with water.

Yvette started to work at undoing the restraints around her body. Under normal circumstances, she would have wanted privacy to get undressed, but she needed help getting them of. Before she could even ask, she felt his hand at her back. She was grateful for the help, and a small part of her was excited by it. She did, however, keep her mind from thinking about it. She didn't want him to pick up on those thoughts at the moment.

The second the last one was undone, she let out a sigh of relief. For the first time in such a long time, she could fully relax her powers, and be a normal girl again. She had almost changed back when she heard a gasp. She looked behind her, and remembered that Richard was still in the room. The look on his face was similar to one she was sure she had when she saw images of the great works of art. She felt happy with that look on him.

She then saw him notice her looking at him, and saw him turn red with embarrassment. She almost giggled when he turned and said, "Sorry. I'll just see what I can find in undergarments for you. When you are done, just follow the candles to my room." She then saw him duck out of the room. Once he left, she got in the cold tub.

While Yvette was taking a cold bath, Richard kept busy preparing things. The first thing he did was gather the straps that had been on Yvette. While they wouldn't need all of them, he figured they would need some of them. He then went to his parent's room, knowing there was some clothing in there. He got a pair of panties that would hopefully fit Yvette. Before he left the room, he checked on one important thing for the morning.

After that, he quickly moved to the pantry and grabbed a few non-perishables. Once he had them, he headed up to his room, lighting the candles on the way. They would be set up safely, so they wouldn't start a fire. He even set up a candle or two in the room as he got some clothes and a travel bag from the closet. He appreciated his father's advice about keeping some things in the manor, even though he balked at it before.

As he packed it up, he found himself thinking about Yvette. She had looked good, and he thought he could even see her in his life. He found himself thinking about what he just saw. She had looked good to him, and probably would look good to others. Was it possible that outside their situation, they would have a chance together? True, she was from another country, so the odds of them meeting was astronomical, but was it possible?

He was brought out of the thoughts when he heard Yvette say, "Wow. Your room is nice." He looked over to the door, and saw her standing there, wrapped in a towel. She looked good even in the towel, which was a lot better than the outfit she had been in. Again, he had those thoughts running through his head. He then recalled that he forgot to get her something for tonight.

Yvette watched as Richard left the bag he was packing up, and jumped to the closet. As he did that, she noticed that he started to turn red again. She would admit that it make him cute. As he reached in the closet, she heard him say, "I am so sorry, Yvette. I got you some undergarments, but not a nightshirt. I may have one in here."

She fully entered the room, and part of her wanted to tell him that she was alright with it. She glanced at the bed, and she had a feeling that they would be sharing it. She actually liked that idea. She wanted him by her side. Sure it was unlikely that outside their unique situation, they wouldn't have met, but she hoped that they wouldn't part. She decided to be a little bold, and said, "It is alright if you don't have one for me." She stifled a giggle when he almost fumbled with something in the closet.

Finally, he pulled out a long shirt, and his face was almost the same color as hers when her power was active. He then handed it to her. "Well, I know how cold it can get." She then saw him look at the bed. "Uh. I know we only had one bed here, but you can have it. I can..."

She cut him off right there. "If you don't mind, I'd rather you stay next to me. I mean..." She didn't want to say it, because she didn't want to say the wrong thing. She didn't want to be alone on this first time free of Emplate. She also wanted him next to her because she didn't want him to have been a dream.

He nodded, as if he understood. At least she hoped that as he said, "I understand. I can lie under the comforter, while you sleep in the bed proper." She nodded, and she saw a smile cross Richard's face. He must have had similar thoughts at the time. He then turned as she dropped the towel. She put the clothes on, and then place a hand on his shoulder. He turned back, and smiled. "I know this will sound forward, but we should get to bed. We need to get up early."

She nodded, and partially wanted to talk more. She walked over to the bed, and pulled the covers back. In that moment, she had a brain storm. No doubt, Richard would have her power. While it would not be something she’d wish on anyone, she did realize it gave them a bond, and a way to communicate at all times. “Why would we need to get up so early?”

She looked at him as she got under the covers. While he quickly got into a pair of pajamas, and while he didn’t get fully undressed, she admired what she saw as he changed. Eventually, he responded to her unspoken question. “Simple. We get up early, and we can get out of the building before anyone might be watching the place. If we can’t get out the door, I have a back up plan as well.” She blinked then, surprised that he had a plan already in mind, and noticed that he headed to the opposite side of the bed, as well as .

As he did as he said he would do, she waited until he was lying down before speaking again. “I’m glad you have an idea. Do you think we can lose Emplate for good, or at least stay ahead of him long enough to find help?” Part of her feared that she would never be free of the threat that Emplate was, but she felt she could bare that burden with someone at her side.

Something about his next words told Yvette that Richard must have had the same feelings, and it made her snuggle up to him as they settled in to get some rest. “I think we can do it, no matter how long it takes. I’m not about to leave your side while he’s after either of us.” That was enough to comfort her, and she hoped that he would even remain by her side in their dreams that night. She even hoped that the monster would only get here after they had left. It was a thought that make her sleep the first good night in a long time.

No Caption Provided

While the two physically slept, their mental selves spoke, and they learned more about each other. Yvette learned about Richard's life and the events that led to him finding her. Richard earned about Yvette's past and concerns with her powers. They also both learned that they had started developing mutual feelings for each other. It was to be the only good thing for them that night.

During the hours they slept, the night was active. A cabbie had disappeared, and the individuals who abducted him learned where he took his last fare. No one ever saw the cabbie again, which made his family wonder what happened to him.

At some point during the evening, the police in many parts of England were notified of the abduction of the adopted daughter of a wealthy individual from Algeria. According to what they were told, the girl was a redheaded teenager who might be mentally unbalanced. They were informed that she was claiming to be abducted, and was wearing some sort of strange garments. It was a second missing person the police would start looking into.

Another call had then gone out along the secret network of the paparazzi. They had been given a tip that the Cale family was at their residence in a small British town. Word even slipped that the teenage son might even have a lady friend. This had the effect of causing several of the paparazzi to camp out on the awn of the manor, effectively blocking any escape from the front of the manor. None of them knew of the side entrance Richard and Yvette had used.

Finally, there was the appearance of a lighthouse in the small town. It would remain unnoticed because to the rational mind, there was no way it could have instantaneously appeared in town. It had to have been there for a long time, and people just never noticed it.

Inside the lighthouse, however, Emplate was addressing his minion, D.O.A. "I want you to make sure we know how they got into the building. It took us a good deal of time to find them, and to make sure they could not escape. I don't want to lose both of them because we can't get in." He felt reassured when his minion nodded. He was not going to let those two get away now.

No Caption Provided

As sunlight started to come in the window of Richard's room, Yvette was woken by the sound of movement in the room, and the radio. She sat up, noticing the clothes Richard had gotten her last night was on the bed. She saw Richard was putting a few last things in the duffel bag. The radio was playing, albeit softy, but she heard a voice say, "Also, there are some reports that one of the Cale's are in the small town of..." It was at that moment that Richard shut the radio off.

She started to get out of the bed, and get dressed as Richard said, "That answers why I saw a full yard using the mirror I set up outside the window. They got a tip that someone was here." She the saw him look at her, and she could sense he was aware of some thing else. "That is the least of our problems, since I heard some movement downstairs. "

It took all her willpower not to activate her powers. In that time, she was dressed, and they were out of the room, moving quietly through the upstairs. Just as she would have asked how he knew, she heard an all-to-familiar voice come from downstairs, right after the sound of something falling and breaking. "Be careful, D. We don't need them awake before we find them. While I know we will be able to subdue them, the quieter this goes, the better." Fear started to go through her, and she felt her powers starting to activate.

Richard sensed the fear building in her, and squeezed her hand to reassure her. He also said in the mental link they shared when he had her powers, “Follow my lead, and we can get over to my parents’ room before they get up here.” He glanced at her, and was reassured that she hadn’t panicked yet. He hoped she would stay calm, however, since he didn’t think her new clothes would handle a sudden activation of her powers.

He then led her across the hall to a door not far from his room. One of the pluses of the manor house was the number of interior rooms on the second floor. Literally one could go from one side of the house to the other without passing the main stairs. The only down side was that past people who own the house purposefully made the floors to have squeaky spots in them. He learned all the spots, but he was certain if they stepped on any of them, Emplate would know where they were in a second.

They safely made it through the first of three rooms between his room and their destination, when he paused. He knew how tricky the second room would be, and he wanted to be certain that they would make it safely to the other side. He also wanted to get an idea of where Emplate was. He also took a moment to say to Yvette, “Careful in this room. There are a few squeaky spots in here that one misstep will trigger. I think they kept them in these houses so no one could sneak up on anyone else.” He then started to head through the room, keeping a hold of Yvette’s hand.

Yvette didn’t respond, since she realized she had to concentrate on where to step. She saw every spot Richard gingerly put his foot down on. It was a tense time, and part of her wanted to bolt, but she understood that might cause a problem. She tried to will herself to remain quiet, and did so. They were about to open the door to the next room when disaster struck. She heard the floorboard by the door creak.

They both froze, and Yvette did her best not to give in to the panic. It took all her willpower, but she kept herself from transforming. She also listened, waiting to hear the sound of their pursuers running up the steps. Luckily, no one came rushing, which told her they put the sound down to something natural.

They finally entered the last of the three rooms, which was thankfully devoid of obstacles. They quickly crossed the room, and reached the other door. Yvette then saw Richard open the door a crack, and he raised a hand to signaled for them to remain quiet. She understood why after a moment. She heard the voice of Emplate's small minion. "Looks like the downstairs is clear, sir, but I did notice something."

Richard sensed Yvette almost gasp when he heard the raspy voice of Emplate. "I take it you are referring to the fact that the one room on that side of the building seemed smaller." Richard started to worry, but relaxed when Emplate continued speaking. "Remember that the house merges with the ground around it. No doubt that it couldn't cut into the ground at that point." The voices hadn't gotten any closer, which meant they were at the base of the steps. That meant they had to act quickly.

He opened the door and motioned Yvette to cross the hall. She did so, and he followed, closing the door as he went. He then opened the door to his parents' room. They both ducked inside just as Richard heard Emplate start coming up the steps. Luckily, he was able to close the door in time. He even locked it quietly. He then waited a moment, to see if their actions were noticed. Fortunately, he heard then head in the opposite direction. Of course, that meant they wouldn't have much time.

Richard turned to Yvette, and pointed to the closet. "Quickly. Get to the closet, and grab one my mother's pairs of shoes. I hope they will fit.". He saw her nod, and they both entered the closet. As they did so, he went to the back of the closet, and pushed on the back wall. As he did that, the door he knew was there opened, and Richard pulled Yvette into the room after she grabbed a pair of shoes.

Once they were in the room, the door closed and locked. Monitors started coming to life, and lights in the room turned on. He heard Yvette gasp at the sight, especially when one of the monitors showed his room, and that Emplate and D.O.A. entered it. He walked over to another blank wall as he explained. “This is our panic room. It is kept separate from the rest of the house, just in case of situations like this. It also holds our way out.”

Yvette stared at the image of Richard’s bedroom, and saw Emplate and his minion were examining the room. She knew it wouldn’t be long before they came to this side of the house. She then looked at Richard, while taking a quick moment to slip on the shoes. Luckily, she did pick well. “So how are we to get out of here?” In response, she saw him open the back wall, revealing a dimly lit tunnel. That was the way out he mentioned. She blinked, and then asked, “Where does it go?”

She followed as Richard started heading down the tunnel. He even explained as they went. “This was a new addition when the Chunnel was completed. It was a way to avoid all those paparazzi when we would return via the new way. I figured this would be our best way to get away from Emplate, and get to a place where we can recoup better for a few days.” She nodded, realizing it was the perfect escape. It was unlikely Emplate would find the Panic Room, and even more unlikely he’d find this tunnel. They would indeed be safe.

What the two didn’t know as they headed down that tunnel was that a second feature was installed in the door to the tunnel. It triggered a special alarm at the police station. That told them something really bad was happening at the manor, and in minutes, every police car was at the grounds. The paparazzi that were camping out on the grounds fled, but not before some were arrested. The arrival of the police also forced Emplate and D.O.A. to shift out of synch with reality, and forced them to also remain in certain areas while the police checked the place out, giving Richard and Yvette an added head start.

As that search neared completion, the head officer made his way in, and up to the second floor, his second in command giving him a rundown on what they thought had happened. “Sir. We don’t know why the alarm was tripped. There were no intruders, but it does appear that young Cale’s room was disturbed, like someone spent the night there. There were also some strange straps on the floor in the bathroom.” While this information told the officer in charge a little, it told the eavesdropping Emplate tons of information.

The officer in charge shook his head at that, and then led the way to the Master Bedroom. Obviously, he had a theory all ready. “I think I have an idea of what happened, and it combines that odd call we got, and other things. You see, I think that someone the caretaker’s son knew decided to do something here last night. Running on the idea that young Cale is apparently missing at the moment, this other person found our so called confused girl. They decided to try something here, knowing the location would allow them to deflect blame.” He then pointed to the closet, and finished, “He just didn’t know everything about the Panic Room., especially the alarm in it.”

The Panic Room was something Emplate didn’t know about. Of course, it must have also had a second exit to it, and now he wouldn’t be able to do anything until the police left this place. It would put a snag in his plans, since the longer things took, the bigger lead his quarry would get. Eventually, he would have to call in help to find them again, and he had just the helper in mind.

It was another hour until the police left. This was because of all the paparazzi they had to arrest and question. None of them could tell what happened inside the manor, since they didn’t see any movement, nor heard any sounds. It was a drawback for Emplate, but a boon to Richard and Yvette, who, when Emplate finally got out of the manor, were half way to France, and the next location for them to hide at.

No Caption Provided

Next EntryEyes in the Field
Future Entries

Entry 5Goodbye Paris(Original)
Entry 6??????
Library PageRichGenX's Library - Marvel Mayhem (Original and Alternate)
RichGenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RichGenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers