Fic-O-Pedia: Groups

Posted by FicOPedia (2203 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
.This Month..Authors..Annuals..Groups..Hunts..Sports..FAQ..#.
Introduction:
Fic-O-Pedia: Groups is covering the full history of groups on the Fan-Fic forum, active and inactive, complete with links to everything to do with those groups. If you're looking for a list of the current groups on Comic Vine with brief overviews, please check out the Current Fan Fic Groups ll thread (hosted by Wildvine) which keeps us aware of the active groups. -cb

If you're unfamiliar with fan-fic, you might be asking, "What's a group?" The answer is: it's several writers getting together and writing fan-fic (and sometimes original content) around a central idea. It might be "making terrible ideas work" (A.A.R.S.S.), "If Superman ruled Earth" (Corrupted), or "an event that creates superpowers on Earth for the first time" (5th Column Comics). The central idea might be a company like DC (DC Mayhem, DC Re-Created), Marvel (Marvel Mayhem, Marvel Genesis), or Amalgam (New Amalgam Universe). Or maybe the central idea is just a genre (Horror Inc., Wild Western).

Keeping up can be a pain. The Fan-Fic forum is multiple groups with multiple writers with multiple titles with multiple chapters, mixed with individual projects throughout, and bumped until it can be hard to catch the latest chapter, or even know if you missed anything. Which is why many groups (especially larger ones) eventually create a library- so you have one central place to look for all of the chapters associated with that group. The problems are: not every group creates a library, often the groups that have a library don't keep it current, and not every chapter posted has a link to the library.

This is the main reason I wanted to do a Fic-O-Pedia to begin with: so I could have a complete reference for various groups and start reading! Of course, that turned into, "May as well index everything while I'm here" (because I'm a freak like that, I suppose).

There's just one small problem with this idea: the fact that many groups do have libraries makes any group listings I do for Fic-O-Pedia redundant on the forum- doubly so since the main FOP listings already have these links too. "Redundant" is not good- it's something we really try to avoid around here.

Still, "Groups" is an essential category to Fic-O-Pedia.

So the solution that I came up with is to only attach one page to the forum- this one. The page you are reading now will be connected to the forum, and will have links to the other FOP Groups pages as I create them. The other FOP Groups pages will remain unattached to the forum, only found in the Fic-O-Pedia blog (because I can put anything in the blog, redundant or not).

Linked to this page, you'll find all of the groups on the Fan-Fic forum, each with its own page, and each of those pages should have links to give you choices to navigate back here, back to the pinned Fic-O-Pedia thread, or just back to the Fan-Fic forum intself.

So by all means, explore the groups, and do some reading!

Enjoy,

cbishop/ FicOPedia

The Groups:

Thanks for using the Fic-O-Pedia! :^D

#1 Edited by FicOPedia (2203 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Edited by FicOPedia (2203 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by wildvine (14886 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by cbishop (15725 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine: I think they're all connected, but we can sort it out in a PM. I'll shoot one out momentarily.

#5 Posted by wildvine (14886 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by cbishop (15725 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine: PM sent- we should know soon enough. I'm honestly not certain. :)

#7 Posted by FicOPedia (2203 posts) - - Show Bio

Formatting change bump.