Fan Fic: Cassandra Cain Reimagined

JamieWolfe7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JamieWolfe7

Ok, I'm a huge Black Bat fan. I totally understand if this thread comes off as heresy to the dedicated crowd, but bear with me. I've a work in progress that I'd like to toss out there for review, and possibly follow through.

The basic gist is a what if scenario at the outset, and a little twist to the character. What if she never got help with her communication issue, and has been muscling through all along trying to get better on her own with more mundane help from her friends?

This alterverse begins back before she's tracked down her mother Lady Shiva and in the midst of the storyline of the murder investigation on Bruce Wayne over the homicide of his dear friend Vesper Fairchild. Cassandra comes home to Gotham after hearing of it and gets in touch with a few friends to get reestablished in her beloved city, deciding to pursue a personal path in the process. What will come of it, and how will this story play out?

I'm enjoying it, I hope some of you out there appreciate it too.

JamieWolfe7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JamieWolfe7
No Caption Provided

January 2016, GCN news broadcast

Bruce Wayne arrested for murder, the least likely news story of the evening. Bruce hauled away in cuffs from his estate in the custody of his long time friend Gordon and the blue suits of the Gotham PD. Apparently he was supposed to have murdered in cold blood his girlfriend the artist Vesper Fairchild right there on his front steps.

Cassandra Cain, otherwise known as the Black Bat in the nighttime scene of Gotham, isn't a fan of the news so it would be almost a week until she learned of this. She lives out of a studio in Low Town these days. She'd only been back in town a month and hadn't told a soul, but when word reaches her about Bruce being apprehended she is quick to make herself known to her compatriots in the so called 'Bat Family'.

The first she reaches out to is Barbara Gordon, her former mentor alongside Bruce. She is only somewhat younger than the dirty blonde Batgirl, and slightly shorter. That's where the obvious disadvantages end, with closer inspection. Cassandra Cain is a slender mass of corded muscle, her forearms worthy of a sailor and her legs rippling with restrained potential. A close observer might liken her movements to a stalking panther, but her gaze to an autistic. Her face is vacant of emotion, her eyes unblinking as she surveys the world around her not missing a detail. Those who know her understand this isn't her fault, and she really does try, but an upbringing such as hers doesn't do any public favors.

She meets Barbara at the Lighthouse Cafe, an exclusive coffee club that she apparently favors lately. She dresses for this occasion with simple jeans and a hooded grey Dickie's brand jacket over a black tank top. Adorning her feet are army jungle boots that quietly carry her into the cafe, she had sent word via messenger and was rewarded with the sight of her old friend at the bar with a latte'.

"One of these days we really need to do something about your wardrobe," she quips, herself wearing a black dress that shows off her shoulders with matching knee highs.

Cass just shrugs, rubbing the back of her head with an expression that seems to say 'whatever.' Barbara could never stop noticing her hands. Closely clipped nails with thick callouses on each finger and knuckles so heavily marred she could pass for a boxer. Her own hands had evidence of wear, but noone other than Bruce had hands quite like hers that she knew. To be so young with hands like that, she liked Cass but was scared of her at the same time for reasons like that.

"So...I guess you heard about Bruce. And...you'll stay in town this time?" Babs inquires with knitted brows as Cass orders a simple coffee. She remembered that she couldn't read, so she held up a hand at that,"No no no...you need to try this..." And orders her a chai latte' instead. "You'll thank me, I promise. Ours is the best you'll find."

No Caption Provided

"Heh...ok. And yes." She nods modestly at this. She knows Barbara well enough to take her word on things like this. She pockets those battle worn hands of hers, noting the lingering gaze. Not many people notice things like that, but when you are part of their family you learn to. Then you never stop noticing them.

"Good, glad to hear it. We should catch up sometime...if you're ok that is." She eyes the smaller brunette, never having quite learned to tell what was on her mind. She didn't know that she really wanted in there behind her thousand mile stare, but sometimes she wondered nonetheless.

"Ok. I...have a wonder." She looks down, not sure if those were the right words.

"Oh? About what?" Barbara asks, confirming that they might be the right words or at least close enough.

"Can I...work? People work...and collect people. I've never had a work...or done a work...eh..." She fumbles, feeling those weren't the right words by Barbara's expression, her eyes search about as she tries to figure her way through it until Barbara chuckles gently, holding up a hand before extending that same to the arriving latte' for Cass to pass it to her.

"Relax, of course you can. I think you mean, people work and meet friends, you've never had a job..." She translates in soft tones for the awkward assassin turned crime fighter,"Why do you want a job? I thought you had plenty of your own money to get by if you wanted."

"To meet people, find friends." Cassandra answers in careful tones, feeling as if this might be a test of some sort.

"Well...I'm not sure if a job would be right for you but...why not open a dojo? You're really good at martial arts. Maybe you should teach it if you want to meet people?" Barbara inclines her head slightly as she offers this.

Cassandra wilts a little at being told she wouldn't be right for a job, but then does consider the suggestion about teaching. She counters this,"But...I don't just know one martial art. Some, I'm not sure of name, like..." She strikes a pose, hands slipping from her pockets to ball up into fists as she raises her right knee up even with her chest, her foreward elbow resting on the knee as Barbara observes,"Muay Thai?" To which Cass nods then lowers her leg and shifts her posture with her hands bared like talons,"Tiger?" Cass nods again then wrinkles her brow as she admits,"Not sure which...."

Barbara shrugs easily at that, suggesting,"Make up your own style and curriculum." Cass is immediately confused at that, annunciating,"Kyurric..." Barbara laughs gently then says,"Curriculum, lesson plan. Like...two days a week you teach kick boxing, gymnastics two days a week, advanced lessons once a week, something else, and maybe take one day a week off. Something like that. Maybe do a couple of things a day, I don't know..."

Cass rubs the back of her head as she considers this, asking then,"How I find dojo?"

Barbara shrugs, thinking about that herself before offering again,"I could help with that. Where are you staying?"

"Low Town. Have studio."

Barbara bites her lip at that, Cassandra finally taking a sip from her latte'. She blinks a little, studying what she's just drank.

"What do you think?"

"Hot...but good."

"It's supposed to be hot...have you ever had coffee?" Cass shakes her head in admission, earning another laugh that causes her to lower her head somewhat. Barbara rests a hand on her shoulder,"I'm sorry...I know I shouldn't laugh. I'll help you get set up...but seriously, Bruce needs your help. All of our help. I never really met this Vesper person but, I know he cared a lot for her and they are blaming him for this. That also means the Batman has been taken out, that's a big void in the streets that a lot of criminals are going to notice fast."

Cassandra nods her understanding. She isn't sure how to apologize for it, but she knows she was being selfish about all of this so she just says,"I'll help. I take care of Low Town, will be my home. Help others yes, though...Low Town will be home mine." She nods more firmly at that, Barbara's expression approving as she replies,"Good...drink up. It's not as good cold." She adds a smile to that as Cass takes another sip.

Later...

Cassandra's studio in Low Town is a spartan affair, much like its owner. She had a simple weight gym, a banana style kickboxing bag, a speed bag, and pull up bars. These were the closest artifacts to decorations that she had. She was proud of her smoothie machine on what passed for a bar, and she felt that her fold out couch-bed was fairly clever but beyond that she claimed very little. Her double sided wardrobe contained the clothes she lived with on one side, and her bat gear on the other meticulously organized.

Cassandra begins every day sharply at eight. She makes herself breakfast with her smoothie machine, tossing in whatever she feels like and sets into her daily workout routine that begins with fifteen minutes of stretches, fifteen minutes of fast paced aerobics, thirty minutes of power workout, then an hour of mixed gymnastics and shadow boxing. She'll then wrap that up with a yoga routine to cool down before finishing her breakfast and going on with her day.

She was expecting Barbara at any time, in point of fact she wasn't going to be disappointed. A knock on her door heralds company as she winds down with her martial workout. "Come in!" She hollers as she hammers a straight leg kick into the banana bag. In walks Babs a moment later, her hair done up in a pony tail and a simple jean jacket over a black shirt and jean skirt. She'd dressed down a bit for her location, apparently.

Barbara watches her workout for a few minutes, not interrupting as Cass hammers the bag with a series of straight punches and crocodile kicks. Her hands are wrapped in ace bandage as are her feet and her conditioning shows with the relentlessness that she punishes her target. Barbara works out daily too, but not at this level. In a few minutes she winds down and takes a breath,"Almost complete."

Settling down into a split before the bag, she bristles a little as Barbara corrects her,"Finished, Cass. Almost 'finished'." Cass replies quietly,"Sorry."

Smiling, Barbara offers,"It's ok...a few years ago you weren't talking at all. You've come a long way, I thinkthis'll be the best thing ever for you." Cassandra smiles at that as she leans to the right, arching her back sideways to grab her foot in that direction.

"So, has Selina paid you a house call yet?" Barbara asks, earning a confused look from Cass. She elaborates,"You know, Catwoman. She lives not far from here herself. I take it she hasn't, don't worry though. She will get around to it eventually. She doesn't miss new faces. Go easy on her, you know how she is." Cass responds to that with a wry twisting of her lips in an awkward version of a grin as she rightens herself briefly before arching to grab her other foot.

"Have you thought about a curriculum? I think a school would be good around here, keep some of the kids out of gangs if they had a positive influence and knew how to defend themselves. Noone's better at it than you, after all." Barbara chuckles at that, though Cass intones,"Bruce?"

Barbara lowers her gaze as she admits,"No, I don't think he's quite there with you either." Cass rightens herself then to twist to one side slowly as she stretches her back more fully while staying in her split,"No...how is Bruce?"

Babs mentally kicks herself at that, then replies,"When I checked on him the other day he was fine. He's only concerned about keeping a presence while we figure out who killed Vesper."

Cass twists the other way as she acknowledges the answer,"I see. Bruce had new gun, automated. Maybe look into Penguin?" Barbara nods at that,"Good thinking, I think Robin and Nightwing are already but they could always use a hand."

Flexing the muscles of her inner thighs, Cassandra rises vertically to her feet, sliding her heels together as she draws a breath before exhaling as she leans forward to touch her palms to the floor. "I will help this."

"I'll let them know." Babs then walks over to the speed bag, knocking it around for a few rounds,"I was never very good with this..."

"Takes practice,"Cassandra admits as she rights herself, then takes a final breath, letting it out as she raises her hands over her head and leans back, popping her chest and holding it there for a moment. She then settles back to normal posture and nods to Barbara,"Ready."

No Caption Provided

The two ladies step out the front door, Cass locking it behind them. She doesn't just lock it, she does so three times to make sure it's locked. Babs just raises her brow at her OCD and doesn't say a word. She knows she doesn't have to anyway, Cass doesn't miss a thing as they start down the sidewalk towards Gotham's equivelant of Hell's Kitchen.

Why she moved down here, Babs can only imagine as they walk past stoners and drunks in the middle of the day. She observes,"It's true, they do come out by day to keep from getting thrashed." She chuckles a little at that."So you want to park your school on one of the worst pieces of real estate in Gotham, hmm?"

"Why called real estate...is there a fake?" Cass' expression is sincere as she asks this, and Babs knows her well enough to understand that she lacks a sense of humor but she still can't restrain her laughter,"I've never thought about it, but I don't know!"

Soon enough, they come up on an abandoned brick building. She stops in her tracks looking into it, seeing the derelict artifacts of a boxing gym within."This place good," She says. Babs looks uncertain on the other hand, she herself noting the artifacts of ne'erdowells within and without. Graffiti, beer cans, and assorted related odds and ends telling the tale that this place hasn't actually been abandoned.

A greasy sort walks up to them from around the corner, latin features accompanied by the cliche' fedora and leather jacket rounding out his image as he drags on a clove cigarrete. "Yo, chicas. You lookin' for somethin'?" He smiles down his nose at them, exhaling out his nostrils as he takes a step forward. He reaches out to place a hand on Cass' shoulder as he teases,"Tough lookin' chica, lookin' for a place to tussle?"

No sooner does he ask than Cass springs into instinctive action, a hand striking out like a rattlesnake to snatch the offending hand and twist it around as a foot swings up to strike him across the face. The rounding action concludes with her straddling his arm and pulled off balance as she sits down on it and pulls up, snapping it at the elbow. He screams and curses, as much out of surprise as pain, his cheek already swelling where she kicked him. "Now you've gone and done it..." Says Barbara, the man crying at their feet as a few ruffians begin to gather around."What?" asks Cass, her brows raised to indicate that she knows exactly what she did.

"Bitches...you lost? We don't want you down here in our hood. How he supposed to work with that arm? You got to pay." Cass just looks up at the lead while he talks, but instead of answering him, she opens with a stomp to the inside of one of his knees to propel her upwards a little as she grabs him by the opposite shoulder, her other foot bracing on his hip as she literally scrambles up his body to drop him via grabbing him by the hair atop his head and bringing her knee up from his to collide with the side of his head. All of this happens in the space of a moment before the rest can respond as she lets her own weight carry him backwards and driving the wind from him when they land, leaving her atop her second victim of the day.

"Next?" She asks casually as the rest of them step back from her. Babs casually moves forward to one who seems to be reaching in his pocket for something, his attention occupied with the apparently sociopathic brunette so that he never notices the blonde until she grabs him by his fumbling arm and hip tosses him face first to the ground before stomping him in the back of the head. Leaning forward, she removes his hand from that pocket, revealing a derringer style pistol that she proceeds to deftly disassemble, starting with the removal of the magazine and ejecting of the chambered bullet.

"I'd get out of here if I were you guys, this is about to be our new school and we don't need guys like you hanging around anymore." Barbara upnods them as Cassandra steps back to her side, her typically autistic features studious as she warily eyes them for any sign of reaching for a weapon as they help their downed friends to their feet and clear out.

Cassandra looks up at her with raised brows and asks,"Our school?" Barbara folds her arms and nods,"Oliver Queen is a friend of ours, you know him. I'm sure he won't mind helping out with this if I twist his arm just right. Dad might even like it if we end up cleaning this place up a bit in the process." Cassandra actually smiles at that.

"So once more, have you thought about your curriculum?" Babs smirks a little as she eyes the smiling Cassandra,"Yes. Kickboxing twice a week, gymnastics twice a week, basic martial arts on monday, advanced on saturday." Barbara 'ohs' at that,"What martial arts?" "Muay thai kickboxing, aikido and muay boran martial arts." Barbara nods a little to that answer and interrogates her about it as the walk back to their home. She'd be calling on Green Arrow later that day, and a certain Selina Kyle who watched with amusement from the opposite corner would be calling on Cass that evening.

Loading Video...

I figured this was a good themesong for Cassie at this point of her story.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1068

JamieWolfe7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JamieWolfe7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JamieWolfe7

@cbishop Gonna go ahead and post the next chapter since I've got it ready.

No Caption Provided

Ch. 2 Cassandra Cain Reimagined

Cassandra's evenings are much like her mornings. She works out, albeit less intensely, then she takes a nap before getting ready for patrol as the Black Bat. Her nap is rudely interrupted this evening, however. There aren't many who can sneak in on her, but she meets one as a woman in feline garb smiles at her from her open window.

"I saw what you did today, I just had to meet the girl who can handle herself like that,"says the Catwoman. Cass responds by pulling a throwing knife from beneath her pillow as the Cat hops down into her studio. She lands just in time to be able to spring to the side narrowly avoiding the blade aimed at her shoulder. The smile vanishes from her face as she realizes this girl really, really values her privacy.

"What the..." she dodges an incoming punch as she realizes this fighter hadn't counted on her blade finding its target and instead had taken the exceptional choice and followed it to its target. Her follow through saw her going low and hammering her fist into Catwoman's hip. She nearly collapses under the blow as her leg goes numb from the skillfully placed and executed maneuver, electing to roll away from the woman with the emotionless features and masterful technique. She'd fought League assassins herself, had even held her own against Azrael and Batman but two seconds in and she's injured and on the run against this strange girl.

"Catwoman," says Cassandra.

"Who are you...noone fights like that," replies Catwoman. Instead of answering, Cassandra closes the gap once more. Catwoman braces herself as she's pressed. She lashes out with her claws but can't find purchase as she takes one punch and then another as the girl attacks her arms to knock them aside then follows through once and then twice with blows to her midsection driving her wind out.

Whoever she is, she's faster than Batman, she realizes immediately. And her shots hurt. She wheels to the side, trying to put some distance between them as she knows she's outclassed in this match,"Alright alright! I get it, I shouldn't have barged in on you!"

Catwoman was slow thanks to the hip shot. No sooner does she try to dance away than her leg cramps under her and Cassandra takes the added split second to hammer home an uppercut right into her stomach that sees her doubled on the floor. Only then does Cass step back from her, looking down with arms folded.

"Talk," says Cass in her simple way. "Guh...who are you. Noone has...hit me like that, in a long time..." replies Catwoman.

"I said talk. No chit chat." Says Cass in an emphatic tone,"Tch...I was talking. I just...wanted to find out who you are. I don't want trouble in Low Town, y'know? This is my home." She rightened herself with that. "You fight like some people I've seen before, but none at your level." She shakes her head at that.

Cass doesn't respond, just staring holes at her in the meantime. Catwoman grins at that,"Y'know, I like a girl who knows when to keep her mouth shut. I've got my eye on you, you better play nice around here..." She then flips back away from her and gracefully bounds up into the open window seal to depart with a parting,"Bye now!"

No Caption Provided

Cassandra rubs the back of her head and exhales in mild annoyance. Of course, she knew who Catwoman is. She'd seen her before, but never tangled with her. She'd noted the way she tried to toy with her, she wouldn't have it and didn't appreciate it. She steps to the window and closes it before moving to her wardrobe. She had a special lock on the side of it with her gear, a swiss lock that required a special multisided key. Opening it up, she proceeds then to stripping down and getting dressed for the evening patrol.

Her outfit had changed a little over the couple years that she has been the Black Bat. She'd done away with her cape, her shoulder protection as well. She like the maneuverability of not having bulky plates there and honestly didn't care for the cape. A while back she had had Bruce design her a special helmet similar to Azrael's, total head protection. It provided her with the outline of a Bat as appropriate, but also the utility of nightvision and enhanced hearing as well as filtering the air she breathed to protect against the occasion of tear gas and whatnot. With a gesture she could proof herself against flashbangs as well.

Her primary protection lay in her breastplate with its emblazoned yellow outline of a bat symbol across the center of her chest. A segmented neck piece connected her helmet to it to protect her neck against shrapnel and blades without restricting movement while her breastplate gave her a degree of protection against gunfire. Her forearms and shins were the defenses she relied on chiefly, and they were appropriately designed for her fighting style. The forearm guards featured blades patterned after the Batman's for defense against melee and close quarters combat, while her shins, elbows, and knees were guarded with solid kevlar plates. Her upper arms were bound in subdued metal straps for the added protection in a common target area as well. Her lower body was generally garbed in solid black leggings, loose enough not to restrict her mobility. She had a utility belt to round it all out, with her sword sheathed to her back as her personal trademark distinguishing her from the rest of the Bat brethren along with an old drab scarf that she wore for luck. It had been with her keeping her warm since she ran away from her father and she was loathe to part with it.

Having little doubt that the Cat was watching her home, she had an alternative route out of her home and took it. Reason number two she disliked capes, they whisper and her movements were quieter without it. Departing by the utility room exit, she makes her way via par kuar to the rooftops. She wondered idley about monthly free running with her new dojo if it takes off. She could scarcely think of a better coordination excersise. Standing on a nearby rooftop, a voice greets that is not only feminine, but frustratingly familiar.

"Well well, welcome to the neighborhood," says Catwoman from the other side of the roof,"You're the new tenant, aren't you? Don't be shy, two plus two equals four even here in the projects."

Cass turns to eye her, replying,"Selina." Catwoman hmphs at that.

"Not fair. Put on a bat suit, and everyone knows me." She shrugs then, folding her arms across her midriff as she raises her chin at Black Bat and declares,"Stay out of my way and I'll stay out of yours, deal?"

Black Bat stared at her silently for a long moment, noting the telltale twitching of the woman's brow. A sign of nervousness, she knows she can't take her. Finally she says,"Deal." She knew that Catwoman could cause trouble for her, having figured out so easily who she was and it was better this way. She knew from Barbara and Bruce her reputation for keeping order among the Low Town gangs, and she could use that down the line. This was going to be a fun night, she thinks as she turns from her with her grappler in hand to start her patrol. Diving from the rooftop, she snaps it out to swing on her way into the night.

No Caption Provided

The next morning...

Barbara's meeting with Oliver Queen in Low Town wasn't the best sort. They both knew each other's identity, and Cassandra's, and Oliver really didn't like being tied to Cassandra. Sure it would be administered by Barbara, with Cass being illiterate and all, but he knew Cass well enough to be nervous about the lawsuit of her injuring a student. In his eyes, she was only barely reformed as an assassin. He knew well her previous two attempts at a fling, they were both dead. It didn't matter to him that they weren't her fault, death had a way of following her.

Cass just stood there in her quiet way as they worked out the details. More like, Barbara trying to convince him to give her a chance.

"You know how it is with her. I like her, but you need to think about this. Does she even know how to pull a punch? How can someone like that teach one of these kids off the street?" Oliver asks. He was only partly playing the roll of rich investor. He believes his own words and it shows.

"Give her a chance, she isn't the same girl she was when we met her. I saw her handle herself a couple days ago. Yes it was a little excessive, but everyone walked away!" Barbara pleads. Oliver shakes his head a little, a hand on his forehead as he exhales. Oliver didn't think this a good idea at all. He remembers well how brutal a fighter she was, he'd also done a little digging on her background and felt he might know things she didn't but those were neither here nor there.

Barbara is getting flustered. She knows where he's coming from, but as she stands there thinking of a counter with her hands on her hips, Cass steps over to the window of the old boxing club to peer inside, her hands cupped on either side of her face to block out the sun's glare and study everything within. Oliver and Barbara look to her briefly, both now considering.

"I'll not have you naming it s girl omething lame like "Queen's Burial Boxing" or "Queen's Arrow Martial Arts Studio". Got it? And one incident. Just one. I'll shut it down, no questions asked." Oliver wags a finger at Barbara as he maintains a tone serious as a heart attack, even as he rattles off the no no names. Barbara raises a brow sky high at them, then replies,"How about Queen Ollie's Kickboxing?" "No. I'll fax you the paperwork first thing in the morning, send it to my secretary when it's filled and I'll have you set up. Meantime, go ahead and start clearing the place out and I want to know from her what she plans on teaching here. You know, I want to be sure she isn't going to share dim mak or anything illegal. She probably needs to get her hands registered too, for insurance."

Barbara smiles at that, but quickly looks down when she realizes she hadn't considered the bit about registering her hands. As soon as word got around about Cass being a world class striker, it would become an issue. She had seen her shatter bricks with her knuckles, she should have thought about that.

Oliver folds his arms and studies ther girl staring in the window, eventually admitting,"This will be either very good or very bad. I just hope you understand that and what you're getting us into." Barbara nods agreeably at him, replying,"I do. I'll be keeping an eye on her, I'll be the manager after all. Head coach too, and don't forget my dad will be wanting to keep an eye on me from time to time." Oliver chuckles at that. "How could I forget about James. Your name in there will probably get you some advertising, I'm sure. Maybe you should consider discounts for the GPD, might drum you up a little fast business. Having them around might be a fringe benefit." Oliver shrugs a bit at the notion, and Barbara finds herself glad to have him around outside of his mask. A business mind like his never misses a beat.

Barbara nods several times, finally saying as Oliver rattles off about the success rate of fitness industry startups,"There's not a martial arts studio for several blocks in this area, and she wants to teach Muay Thai, gymnastics, and Kendo. She'll have really big outreach with that spread, so stop worrying. Besides, I think parents around here would rather see their kids here after school and on weekends than...doing whatever it is they're doing now." She'd had a long talk earlier about limitting what she taught, she knew well that the girl would find out what it is to be burnt out otherwise.

Oliver sniffs a bit, considering this before saying,"Well, broken bones and torn rotator cuffs are better than the alternatives, I suppose. I have to ask...do you know anything about Muay Thai? I thought your A-Game was kenpo and tae kwon do or some such." He furrows his brow a little, and Barbara gets a 'busted' look on her face,"Well, I've watched a couple videos and it doesn't look complicated..." Oliver raises a hand to pinch the bridge of his nose at that."It isn't, but that isn't the point...I can believe she knows, she's a walking bundle of pain after all, but how can you play manager to a curriculum you don't know anything about?" Barbara gets flustered again at that, replying,"God...she is not a walking bundle of pain, and I don't need to know it to 'play manager'! Muay Thai is a sport boxing style, I only need to know the rules!"

Oliver grins at her frustration, nodding agreeably as he relaxes his posture. After a moment he says,"True enough. Just needed to see that you knew that. You will also need to learn ISKA rules, because those are what most mainstream kickboxers here go by outside of the cage matches in our hemisphere. There's also Rings, Shoot Boxing..." Barbara just nods, raising her palm toward him as she says,"I get it, I get it, I'll have some reading to do." Oliver retains his grin as he adds,"Good. Make sure she knows it too. Don't need to learn the rules of every system, just make sure you two can train in the most common because I'll be checking by after you've a clientelle." Oliver says that last part in a meaningful tone, Cass wasn't the only one he'd have his eye on. Barbara knows him well enough that she realizes she can't sweet talk her way around one of his inspections. His eye for detail was perhaps second only to Alfred's.

Cassandra would spend that whole evening in the gym. Barbara spent part of it with her, an ipad in her hand taking pictures of the place as Cass poured over how she wanted the place to look. Oliver hadn't been interested in going over it with them, but he did turn a blind eye to their picking the lock. It wasn't the first time it'd been jimmied.

Loading Video...

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1068

#6  Edited By cbishop

@jamiewolfe7: Oh, wow! You must have posted while I was typing my note earlier, because I did not see that chapter there. You might want to make each new chapter a separate post on the forum- folks tend to miss them when you post to the same thread. I will read this during the weekend. :)

Edit: Aghhh! I did not read this during the weekend! Sorry. I was...um... distractedbybingewatchingDaredevilonNetflixreallysorryIwillreadthissoon. :}