stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By stumpy49er

Capitol Wasteland- Paradise Falls

Dr. Finger stood on the balcony of Eulogy Jones pad, which had once been a theatre. He looked out at the little slaver settlement of Paradise Falls that he called home. Slavers herding their captives towards the slave pens, while others just mill about the town.

Carolina Red, a particularly evil slaver, saunters up to the makeshift bar and grill, slaps the simple minded slaver, Jotun on the butt. Jotun's father, Ymir, laughs at this. "That's my boy. Real lady killer like his dad." Ymir yells as he walks over to Carolina Red and puts an arm on her side.

Carolina pulls her knife out and points it between Ymir's eyes. "Touch me again and you'll regret it. I'd gladly give your boy some action, not you old man."

Ymir laughs and backs away. "All in good fun." Turning to the slave bartender, Frank, he yells, "Hey little bartender. Pour the woman a glass, on me."

"Yes, sir." Frank replies as he grabs a glass and pours some beer. Frank is wearing a slave collar, like all the slaves of Paradise Falls. If he were to tamper with it or try to run away from the town, it would explode.

Ymir stares at Frank as he pours the beer. "Don't you dare spill any of that, little bartender. I better not see any extra foam either." Ymir grabs his specially designed super sledge off his back and waves it in Frank's face. "You hear me little bartender? I've crushed men's heads in just for looking at me wrong."

Frank kept his eyes down and handed Ymir the glass of beer. "Here you are, sir."

Ymir grabbed the glass from Frank, then turned to find Carolina Red, who was busy torturing some slave herself. Ymir shrugged and drank the beer himself.

Just a typical day in Paradise Falls, Dr. Finger thought.

Dr. Finger looked up towards the Paradise Falls entrance. Forty and his gang came bustling in with some new captures. There was one prisoner in particular who caught his interest. A man wearing a Vault 101 jumpsuit.

Forty brought the vault dweller into Eulogy Jones pad and locked him into a private room.

Eulogy Jones walked up to Dr. Finger. "We're going to need your expertise. This new prisoner Forty brought in had a lot of caps and weapons on him. He might have some good info. Looks like he came from a Vault too. Vault dwellers always make for good crops."

Dr. Finger smiled as he finished drinking his morning whiskey. "It's about time you gave me something fun to do."

The vault dweller sat tied to a chair in the dark room. There was one window showing the gigantic Ice Cream Boy statue. The door opened up. Dr. Finger walked in.

He had blonde hair, wore glasses and a field medics outfit. He carried a bag with him and a holo-disk player.

He put the holo-disk on a table, laid out his bag, full of blunt instruments, knives and various other torture devices.

"Hello, vault dweller. My name is Dr. Finger," he said as he picked up a wrench. "I'm the Paradise Falls chief interrogator. I'll be asking you some questions. If you do not answer me, I will hurt you. If you answer me and I think you are lying I will hurt you. If you answer me correctly.. well, I'm going to be honest with you. No matter what you do, I will hurt you. The extent of how badly I hurt you, depends on how honest I believe you to be. Before we start, I like to get to know my patients. What is your name?"

The vault dweller looked up and smiled. "You can call me the Lone Wanderer."

Dr. Finger laughed. "Lone Wanderer? Well, that's not your name. That's your first lie."

He turned on the holo-disk player, held up the wrench with his left hand and started snapping his fingers with his right. "It's finger poppin' time!"

'Hey now, hey now, hey now, hey now'

Dr. Finger grabbed the Lone Wanderer's right hand, placed the wrench on his pinky finger and twisted upwards. The Lone Wanderer screamed in pain.

'It's finger pop, poppin' time'

Dr. Finger laughed with glee, as he placed the wrench on the Lone Wanderer's ring finger.

'Finger Poppin', poppin' time'

Another scream.

'I feel so good'

As Dr. Finger places the wrench on the middle finger, he doesn't notice the Lone Wanderer's other hand sliding a combat knife, dubbed Occam's Razor, from his sleeve. He begins cutting the ties binding his hand.

'And that's a real good sign'

"You ready to start talking, Lone Wanderer?" Dr. Finger yelled in his face. "Where is Vault 101?"

The Lone Wanderer freed his left hand and punched Dr. Finger in the face. The interrogator fell to the ground.

'Here comes May and here comes Sue,

Here comes Johnny and Bobby too'

The Lone Wanderer took the wrench off his middle finger and untied himself. He stood up and walked over to the table. There were some stimpacks on the table. He grabbed one and injected himself with it. His fingers were fixed up immediately.

"Stimpacks are a wonderful thing." he looked down at Dr. Finger as he started to get up. "You must use these to revive your victims, then torture them some more."

He grabbed Dr. Finger and sat him down on the chair.

"What.. what do you want?" Dr. Finger asked.

The Lone Wanderer smiled.

'It's finger pop, poppin' time'

"Wait. Don't hurt me. I can get you out of here," Dr. Finger pleaded. "I can get you anything you want. Caps, girls. Did you see those slave girls, Crimson and Clover. I can get Eulogy to give you Clover. Whatever you want."

"Sonora Cruz told me about you." The Lone Wanderer said. "You really are an evil bastard."

Dr. Finger recognized the name from other men he had tortured. "Sonora Cruz? The leader of the Regulators? You're one of them?"

"Not an official member. I suppose you can call me a Lawbringer." explained the Lone Wanderer as he held up Occam's Razor.

"Hey now, stop." Dr. Finger pleaded some more. "I'm telling you, whatever you want, I can get it for you. Hey now.."

"There's only one thing I want from you Dr. Finger." the Lone Wanderer said as he sliced Dr. Finger's throat.

'I feel so good'

The Lone Wanderer grabbed Dr. Finger's right hand and cut off his fingers.

'And that's a real good sign'

Regulator HQ

"You're requested bounty." the Lone Wanderer said, as he threw a sack on Sonora Cruz's desk.

Sonora Cruz looked in the bag and poured it on the desk. "Dr. Finger's fingers. That must have been difficult." She reached into her desk and placed fifty bottle caps before the Lone Wanderer.

"You know, I believe I have Very Good karma." The Lone Wanderer said.

Sonora Cruz sighed. "Yeah, you're right. You've been doing some good stuff out there in the Wasteland."

She reached back in her desk and pulled out fifty more caps. "Here. Hundred caps. Keep up the good work."

"Got anything else for me?" he asked.

She pulled out a bounty notice. "I've got a good one here. Junders Plunkett. Wanted for theft and murder in Canterbury Commons. There's a special reward for this raider scum. One of my benefactor's is willing to pay big for this. I'll give you a thousand caps for his finger. Last known location is Arlington. Tough place to get to."

The Lone Wanderer took his caps and the bounty notice. He walked out of the Regulator's HQ and started his journey towards Arlington.

He snapped his fingers as he walked.

'Hey now, hey now, hey now, hey now..'

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Originally written 4 months ago for Stories Based on Songs #8: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/fan-fic-8/stories-based-on-songs-8-voting-thread-1841876/#13

Here's the song:

Loading Video...

Side note: I had the idea for this story before I started Stories Based on Songs contest and had wanted to write this for some time. For some reason these contests are my biggest motivator for writing. Anyway, I really enjoyed this story, as well the other Fallout story I did. Might have to get back to writing Fallout fan-fic.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

1st paragraph: Slavers herding their captors... Should be captives.

I enjoyed re-reading this.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stumpy49er: Shorter comment above due to "typing" on my phone- ugh, IhateitIhateitIhateiiiiiit. Anyway, again with the seeming larger world than what is in the story. I think I see what it is. You mention characters and groups that just pass through without any real impact on the story, and leaves the reader wondering what they're about. What's their story? What do they do? Will there be more to this? Aghhh! That's a very good thing. I do that somewhat with my stories, but I don't think it works as well for me.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Thanks for the catch. Wouldn't have noticed that.

You may be right as to how I achieve a seemingly larger world in my fiction.

In this case, many of the side characters are actual characters from the game. For instance, in the game, Jotun and Ymir are slaver father and son and they both hang out at the bar and grill where Carolina Red also hangs out. The dialogue is unique, though it's true to their characters. I do my research! ;)

Thanks for the comments.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stumpy49er: Cool. Research is good. I had a lot of fun with the Fallout contest, even though I was completely unfamiliar with it at the start.

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So you're writing your own story from fallout 3? Not sure what is going on

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cbishop

So you're writing your own story from fallout 3? Not sure what is going on

It's Fallout fan-fic. It's based in the world of Fallout, but has original characters that Stumpy' invented for his story.

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: oh crap that's awesome I'll tune in for this fallout 3 is probably the greatest game I've played next to 4 and skyrim.