Avatar image for deactivated-57b9eaaf41cf6
deactivated-57b9eaaf41cf6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Author's Note

Since I now have a ton of free time off, expect a new chapter from me every single day. Also expect less mistakes.

Website: http://kcsshd.weebly.com/ (P.S. New design and fresh update) (Check Back for Author Updates)

Fic-O-Pedia

Chapter 1 of Echo Praelior

Chapter 2: The Falcon Agreement

Chapter 2: The Falcon Agreement

What is this place?’ Duratos, a bearded, muscular, virile, blue-eyed, pale man walked through a forest encapsulated in in a brutal blizzard. He could barely see in front of him and as he walked, the bitter chill increased its power.

These conditions didn’t disturb Duratos. He was accustomed to the cold and anything that was above 10 C in temperature was too hot for him. He is the Cryomancer after all and he also had his warrior outfit on in this dream. It was a light blue with carbon black accents and had armor nearly everywhere.

‘How long will I continue walking until I finally escape? There’s nothing in this dream of mine and I want to awaken.’

“It’s not like you have a choice in that matter.” Criya, Duratos’s sister, appeared next to him. Her beautiful white long hair accentuated her flowing, white dress and perfect purple eyes.

He jerked and nearly lost his balance, “What in the hell, Criya?”

“Was that a little frightening?”

“It is when your sister hasn’t visited you in 9,000 years! Why are you here? I told you to leave and never return!” Duratos screamed in his characteristically heavy voice.

“I’m sorry,” she motioned for Duratos to follow, “but it’s important.”

Duratos trailed behind Criya as they moved through the frozen trees. He was being quite cautious due to Criya’s unpredictable personality. Before she became a specter, Duratos’s sister was a very stable, sometimes passionless, person. She never felt anger nor happiness and her state of mind was always neutral.

That changed as soon as she committed suicide due to her brothers’ disappearance. By the time Duratos came back, the ceremonies had been held and she had become a specter without his approval. For years, specters have been known to be the unstable guardians of family members. Even Criya’s natural emotional balance was broken.

“Look you are going to hate me and possibly awaken if I tell you this.” Criya stopped him.

“What is it?”

Criya turned and looked off into the distance. There was a small modern house made of metal in the direction she was looking. The lights were on; the house was occupied.

“You see that gray house with the lights turned on in the distance?”

“Spit out what you are going to say. I am getting tired of your melodramatic actions.” Duratos said with a sharp tone. He never approved of his sister’s actions.

“I am not choosing to be melodramatic,” Criya turned away from the house and stared angrily into her brother’s eyes, “How dare you say that about me? I became a specter to protect you and I may not be as emotionally sane as before but I am still your sister. You treat me with the respect that I deserve!” She yelled the last line as tears almost flooded her eyes.

Duratos realized that he had pulled a trigger that he shouldn’t had even touched. He hated seeing his sister in pain; especially since his sister sacrificed more than everything she possessed. She gave her life in order to help him escape his kidnappers.

He hugged his sister, “I’m sorry. It’s just that I am not used to… this.”

She pushed him away and he fell on his back, “You aren’t used to it? After 19,886 years you still don’t see what I did for you? We were born without knowing our parents! Most if not all specters are relatives older than us. You should have been the one who protected me for the rest of eternity not me!”

“Criya, when you are immortal, you of all people know this, 20,000 years is nothing.” He noticed the forest was beginning to expand.

“You should have been the one who made the sacrifice! Instead I with all the pressure of being your successor was the one who decided to waste life.”

“Criya!” The forest was flooded by awful, ghastly noises.

“I was the one who made the sacrifice because you f*cking left me! You left me!”

Duratos was further away from Criya due to the forest floors continuous expansion. Criya’s powers were affecting the literal dimensions of his dream and he had to stop it. He had died once before in his mind and it was not a pleasant experience.

He stood up with difficulty as the ground cracked right beneath him. He dodged a tree that fell right where he was moments ago. The blizzard was stronger than ever and he couldn’t see past his nose.

“Criya! You have to stop.” He yelled in the distance.

There was no response. He pushed against the gusts toward his sisters last known location. The wind was colder than what Duratos would have liked it to be.

Criya twitched with the feeling of his hand on her shoulder. She quickly turned, tears were streaming down her face.

“Stop this Criya.”

“No.”

“Why not?”

“Because you wouldn’t accept my actions.”

“I am an open-minded man. Just calm down and let’s talk. The person can wait.”

Criya waved her hand and the frozen forest returned to normal. The house returned to view, the wind slowed to a halt, and the trees returned to their normal packed and dense clusters.

“Now tell me, what could you have done that warranted so much guarding?”

“He’s in the house and I’ve been seeing him for quite some time.”

“Is that all you were hiding? A boyfriend? What you think I’m going to scare him away?” Duratos said jokingly.

“Well come on then,” Criya turned and proceeded toward the house, ‘This is not going to end well.’

“What is she doing?” Cannibal, a blue-haired, tall, handsome, muscular, gray-eyed, white man asked as he admired Duratos’s armor which was located behind a glass box on the wall. Duratos was lying in the bed behind him and Tengah was intensely focused inside her mind.

“I suspect she will deliver the message after she takes him to see the new boyfriend.” Tengah a purple-haired, tall, beautiful, strong, grey-eyed, brown woman responded. Her eyes were closed as she conjured images of Criya and her brother walking toward the house.

The bedroom was vast and wide with enough hiding places that were made to escape intruders. The living area, at the other end of the bedroom, was immense and it featured three medium-sized, four-person couches with a television set. The bathroom was located on the opposite side of where Cannibal was standing. The room was decorated with priceless art and a modern bookcase was located on one of the walls.

Cannibal walked around the empty space between the bed and the living area, “Is it just me or do the Frost Dragons have a lot of funding?”

Tengah flipped her long purple hair and looked up and down at her brother like he was an idiot, “No dumbass. The décor was free,” she shut her eyes for quite a while before opening them back up again.

“That’s as much as I could gather before she would notice something was not right.” Tengah said as she crossed her arms and looked around.

“By the way, I could tell that you were annoyed with my question.”

“Of course I was annoyed. That was an idiotic comment.”

“Well, these clans have been known to steal. I don’t think that everything we have seen so far from the Frost Dragons is exactly built, developed, or bought.” Cannibal replied.

“That’s true.”

“Besides, even if they did steal all the technology in the universe, it wouldn’t be enough to match ours back home.”

“We are not at home unless you are implying that the tech they have developed is primitive.” Tengah said.

“Very primitive,” Cannibal looked down at his white battlesuit and looked at Tengah’s white battlesuit, “These battlesuits that we are wearing are much more advanced.”

“We are much more advanced without the suits than these people with them.” Tengah walked and patted her brother on the back who was still standing around for no reason.

She sat on one of the couches, “We can’t ignore that these people are still not a threat. Even if we are more powerful than them, it won’t make a difference in battle.”

‘Oh how right you are bitch,’ Tera thought, ‘How right you are.’

Tera was right sitting on the couch right in front of Tengah. Tera wore a black shirt and blue jeans. She was concealed under Hades’s magic which she used to conceal her true form. She used the same magic to conceal herself from the sight of both the battlesuits and her targets. She wasn’t necessarily invisible but she just made Tengah and Cannibal oblivious to her presence in sight and sound.

“Tera, what’s your status on the subjects.” Nebula requested over the earpiece coms. He was standing outside on a mountain peak that was in the distance with Raxes. They both had the standard Frost Dragons stealth outfit which was to be worn during missions. The clothes were sharply designed and they were lightly armored unlike the warrior outfit. They had to put on a dark helmet which covered their faces. They had just come back from one mission and were about to head inside the mountain to escape the bitter cold before Tera called in a state of emergency.

“Don’t ask her a question or else her hideous demon form will come and get you.” Raxes joked.

Tera was a hideous demon but, with the help of powers unknown from Hades, she was currently a beautiful dark woman with jet black hair and gold colored eyes that could seduce any man into falling in love with her. She didn’t care for Raxes’s comment and chose not to respond.

“Don’t you dare bust down that door Nebula and don’t even think about getting close,” Tera spoke sternly, “Your gay love for Duratos has to wait because I am gathering information.”

“I’m not in love with him bitch.”

Cannibal touched his left forearm and a holographic screen popped up, “Frosty, status report.”

“The staircase leading up to the room is clear. The balcony is also clear and everyone, from the looks of it, is still unaware of your presence. By the way, why would you set the windows for maximum tint? The building that you are in has its back toward the main base and no one can see you in this weather.” A mysterious person with a thick voiceover responded.

“Better to be safe than sorry.” Cannibal replied.

“Did you guys hear that? There’s no way anyone could have gotten inside this place without help. Who could it be?”

“I passed by Thea in the hangar as soon as you said we had intruders.” Nebula reported.

“And I passed by Torek just as he was going into an elevator.” Raxes reported.

“Well then who else has access to this part of the mountain?” Thea asked joining in on the conversation.

“Thea, that was random for you to just pop in on this frequency.” Tera commented.

“Yeah well I’m bored. Me and Torek wanted to mess with you guys. What are you doing by the way? Right now we were about to go on a stealth mission but we decided not to because that stealth outfit is uncomfortable. So we just decided to hold it off till tomorrow because we are rocking this white camo outfit right now. Who knew that a white t-shirt, white pants, and this cool mask would look…”

“Oh my god. Shut up. No one cares. Do you know of anyone named Frosty?” Tera asked.

“No why?” Torek joined the conversation.

“We have a goddamn mole inside the clan.”

What no one knew at the time was that Criya could be in two places at once. Either she could be in someone’s mind or fighting alongside her original copy in the real world. Right now, she was currently watching from a high peak with a sniper rifle.

“I have a person for that you need to talk with before seeing my new partner.” Criya said as she entered the house.

Duratos followed and was surprised to see something so small from the outside become so giant and luxurious as soon as you stepped in. It was something quite impressive. Everything was well spaced from the dining room to the living room in an open floor plan.

“I had always dreamed of having a home with a small exterior and a large interior,” Criya said as she proceeded upstairs, “Wait here. I will bring the negotiator.”

“So wait, this isn’t part of my dream. It’s part of yours.” Duratos said.

“Yeah. Pretty much. I mean, dreams don’t hurt do they?”

Duratos thought back to when he almost died in a dream, “Yeah, they never hurt.”

He explored the lower floor for the 8 minutes that Criya was gone. The living room had a large television set with surround sound speakers and a fireplace. Behind the living room was an indoor pool which was sealed off with glass. Proceed further into the home and you will find the kitchen with a huge dining area.

“I hope you two can reach an agreement.” Criya was upstairs in the hall speaking with the Golden Tiger. The Golden Tiger was a Shokan, or four-armed humanoid. He had a white battlesuit, similar to the ones Cannibal and Tengah were wearing.

“We will. You forgot that I am a creation of Corvus. I am supposed to be perfect in more ways than one.”

“And you forgot the fact that my brother is easily angered. You know what he will do as soon as he finds out that I am sleeping with a Minotaur?” She proceeded down the stairs with the Golden Tiger.

“Which is why I asked to speak to him before you angered him.”

‘This dream is not going to end well. It is most definitely not going to end well.’ Criya thought.

“You are Cryomancer I presume.” The Golden Tiger put out one of his four hands to shake.

Duratos was flustered at the name Cryomancer, “Yes… sorry just that.”

“I called you a name you have yet to hear in a long while. I get it. Come on, let’s sit at the dining table. Your sister and her partner prepared an extravagant meal.”

They entered the dining room which had a large table that could sit over 22 people. The gray walls were clean and they didn’t have any sort of decoration. Criya, Duratos, and the Golden Tiger all sat together in a row.

“So as you may have heard the story,” the Golden Tiger spoke as he cut pieces of turkey for himself, “Corvus, otherwise known as the Raven, is in fact from elsewhere in the known universe.”

“It’s a rumor.” Duratos commented.

“A rumor that is true. Your people have not been able to explore the rest of the universe but, the species that exist in this area are a lot more capable of wielding profound powers.”

Duratos and Criya looked at each other before looking back at the Golden Tiger, who was sitting in the middle. They both had an idea of where this negotiation was going to go next.

“One of the most prominent and unorthodox, let’s call them mutants, are the Titans. They are the most powerful beings in the universe. Not as powerful as Falcon or Corvus, but powerful.”

“Now listen,” Duratos interrupted, “What do you want us to do? I don’t like where this is going.”

“Let me finish and you will see. When we originally arrived here, it was due to a malfunction in our ship. There were humans and others in this section of the universe but they weren’t advanced enough to fix our ship. So we decided to go under stasis and wait a couple billion years. Now, the technology does exist so that we may return. But we need the technology of the Siloteri.”

“Why don’t you just go ask them?” Criya lost her appetite.

“We did ask them. They refused. We were involved in a long war with them.”

“If it’s just a simple attack and steal then it’s fine with me.” Duratos admitted.

Criya looked at her brother and looked back at the table, ‘He just loves war and fighting. It’s his favorite thing.’

“Good. But there are some extra conditions we have to meet.” The Golden Tiger smiled at Duratos.

“Are we ready?” Tera asked over the earpiece coms.

“Ready.” Torek, Thea, Nebula, and Raxes said in unison.

Tera dashed and grabbed Tengah in a choke hold just as she was walking back toward Duratos. Nebula fired a non-lethal electric arrow into the back of Cannibal’s skull, disabling him.

“Hey, what the f*ck!” Cannibal screamed on the floor unable to move.

Torek stomped on his head, “Shut up!”

“Why are you here?” Thea had her Heavenly Kris primed and ready to gut Tengah.

“That is not your business… yet.” In a flash, Tengah rocketed herself into the wall, crushing Tera’s chest in the process. She removed the electric arrow and both Cannibal and Tengah went invisible.

“Where are they?” Raxes asked, “Does anyone have eyes on them?”

“No they are invisible you—” Tera was kicked in the back of the head. She swung wildly at the air before Cannibal swept her feet and bashed her skull.

Nebula tried to fire an arrow but missed as Tengah kicked the bow in the air. She caught it and shot an arrow through his leg before knocking him out with the bow. They both were invisible again.

“You can see them when they are fighting.” Raxes stated.

Thea, Torek, and Raxes remained back to back spinning slowly in order to try and catch their opponents. They were frightened of their enemy. Cannibal and Tengah were quick, agile, and extremely strong.

Torek felt a sudden blow to the crotch and he kicked Cannibal onto his back. He tried to kick Cannibal on the ground, but Torek missed as his opponent quickly dodged and went back to invisibility.

Tengah dashed and quickly disarmed Thea of her kris before stabbing her. Tengah quickly punctured and sliced her opponent to the point where Thea couldn’t move anymore. Blood spilled and poured out of Thea’s body as she fell.

Tengah dodged a punch from Torek slicing his arm in the process. Cannibal quickly kicked and punched Raxes before flipping him into the wall.

“Are we done?” Tengah asked Tera, who was still on the ground.

“No,” Tera stood back up as if almost no damage was done, “We are not done.”

Cannibal and Tengah appeared horrified as they watched the people they just nearly beat to death stand up as if nothing happened. They didn’t do enough damage.

‘How could they possibly have a healing factor?’ Tengah thought.

‘We also have a healing factor. So it’s even.’ Cannibal answered.

“Wait what? How dare you become partners with a… monster!” Duratos screamed at his sister as she stepped into the dining room with Kentavros, a minotaur.

“Well he’s…”

“Enough! How dare you forsake the Frost Dragons with these ideas!”

“Calm down Duratos,” The Golden Tiger spoke sternly, “We have more pressing matters to deal with.”

“What pressing matters?” Just as soon as Duratos asked, he woke up in his room to two intruders and five defenders.

He jumped out of his bed and sprinted toward Tengah. She saw this coming, went invisible, and dodged the near tackle.

Cannibal went for a kick but his opponent was too quick. Duratos grabbed Cannibal’s neck in his hand.

“Come out and show your face,” Duratos looked at Cannibal, “Or your friend here gets his neck snapped.”

Tengah appeared in front of Duratos, “It takes more than a neck snap to kill us.”

“Defiant till the bitter—” In an instant, Duratos was kicked down by Falcon who had appeared out of nothing.

Tera ran to hit Falcon but was immediately knocked down by Criya. Thea and Raxes were sledgehammered in the face by Kentavros. Corvus handled the remaining persons.

“How dare you attack the son of Corvus!” Falcon screamed at Duratos.

“I swear I did not know anything! Please have mercy.” Duratos cried.

“Falcon enough.” Corvus said.

“Fine. Tell them the agreement you reached with Golden Tiger. He isn’t here right now as he has other pressing matters to deal with but Corvus and Duratos can speak for him.” Falcon stated.

“What did you do?!” Torek screamed.

“We are going to help the Falcon Family, or this part of it, attack the Siloteri.” Duratos stated.

“Or…” Falcon waited for him to finish the sentence.

“Or we are tortured for 50 years until they finally put us in the ground.” Duratos finished that sentence with a bitter tone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Made a lot of mistakes and fixed the one's I could see. Sorry if that impacted the reading experience.

Also, added a little more detail to some of the character descriptions.