RichGenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RichGenX
Author's Intro

Author’s lead in: As I stated in the first three stories, this is a reimagining of my entries into the fic group, Marvel Mayhem on ComicVine. This story is an original to the series, and helps add to the background of the original series. Again, this will be an alternate timeline to the original Marvel Mayhem, as well as Marvel, but acknowledge the existence of universes that follow the other fan fictions out there. Also, if you enjoy this, please comment, or send me a message on ComicVine or my own private e-mail: richardbsampsonjr@yahoo.com

I don’t make that last request lightly. I have been working on various true fan fictions since 1997, but have been writing stuff since 1995, and have received little in the way of feedback. You would not believe how much even a short ‘thank you for writing this’ goes to one’s morale.

Generation X/Marvel Mayhem Disclaimer
No Caption Provided

Attention: Generation X and their villains, as well as any other mutant mentioned in this work, is property of Marvel Comics. The character Richard Cale is one of my own development. There will be changes to some of the characters background, as this work is an alternate of the Marvel Mayhem series on ComicVine.com.

No Caption Provided

====================================================

Previous Entries

Previous EntryFleeing From Danger(Original)

No Caption Provided

Story 4: Eyes in the Field

The wooded areas of Cumberland County, Kentucky are some of the most tranquil settings in the world. That is a thought shared by most people there. It makes it a troubling thought that a horrible crime could happen in those woods. At least, to most people it would be a troubling thought. Paige Guthrie wasn’t like most people.

First off, Paige was a very smart girl. She placed high in her classes, which made people wonder all the time what she was thinking. She was also beautiful, although she always tried to downplay her looks. She wanted to be known more for her brains than her beauty. Still, it was the later that led to why she knew better about things.

She was also a mutant, one of the individuals in the world who got blessed with abilities no mortal man should have. She had only recently learned of her mutation, and to be honest, it wasn’t in a way she had hoped to discover it, but she was glad for it at that moment. It led to one other reason why she knew better about the woods.

In some ways, it was why, when she walked in the woods like she did now, she felt like the woods didn’t want her around anymore. She didn’t even dare go back to the location, since she never knew when the police might be looking for more clues to what had happened. They wouldn’t find any, but she was always certain that if they did, it wouldn’t tell the right story.

The time her power manifested, she had been walking in the woods, but she wasn’t alone. One of her school’s most popular students, James, had been walking with her. Most girls at school had seemed to be unable to speak around him, and he seemed to have taken an interest in her. She had felt flattered at first, but as they walked further in the woods, she started to feel a bit concerned. She actually didn‘t think he would do anything wrong, but she found out she was wrong.

On that day, he grabbed her arm, and Paige had seen a predatory look on his face, and she could tell he had done this before. Paige tried to pull her arm away at the time, but it made him grin in delight. She still remembered him saying “Now Paige, why are you fighting this? Every girl at school wants this, even though they act like they didn‘t want it at the time.”

To be honest, she didn‘t want to give up anything to him at that time, even though it had crossed her mind briefly before that incident. She pulled harder to get her arm free. As she did, she had said what she figured out by that point. “You mean I‘m just going to be another girl you raped?” She wasn‘t going to let that happen, and she pulled harder to get her arm free.

It had been at that exact moment that her arm finally came free of his grip. It had done so with a horrible ripping sound, and she could have sworn that something was coming off her arm. At first, she would have sworn it was the sleeve of her outfit, but then she heard a sound of shock come from James, and she took a good look at her arm. It was now metal in appearance. It even felt heavier, but not so heavy that she couldn't swing it.

At that moment, she saw him looking at the skin from her arm in disgust, and then a look of evil triumph crossed it. James started to advance on her again. As he did, he said, "So you are one of those mutie freaks. Well, you better be a good little freak, or I will tell everyone what you are. Now prepare to put out."

It had been the last straw. Paige had figured out the truth when it came to James. He was rich, and figured he could get away with everything. Paige raised her now metallic arm up, and then repeatedly struck him with it. She wasn't going to be bullied. She wasn't going to be raped. She wasn't going to made a victim, or called a liar for accusing him of something he tried to do to her.

She had struck him so many times that his face was unrecognizable. When he let out a sound of pain, she hit him one last time. She killed her would be attacker that day, and realized that if anyone had found out, she would be in a lot of trouble.

Thoughts of that day still stayed with her to this day. The fact that the police were still looking for his body, as well as whomever must have abducted him. It was all part of the story she had concocted to keep people from thinking she killed him. Since his family was rich, and she was a mutant, she had no doubt that if his body was found, they would make her out to be some evil mutant who hates humans. They would have hidden the fact that he had raped most of the girls in school.

She still wasn’t sure if she had luck on her side when the figure had arrived, and helped her dispose of the body. While she figured that individual had initially had a nasty fate planned for her, she realized he had plans in motion that he could use her help with. He had been a mysterious savior for her, and she didn’t mind it. Still, his sudden appearances bothered her a little bit.

This time, however, she wasn’t surprised, since it was part of the reason for her walk today. She had received a phone call telling her he needed her help. She was waiting at the location she was told to wait at when he appeared out of thin air. This time, however, he looked a little worse for wear, as if something had clawed at his arms. She looked him over for a moment before asking, “What happened to you?”

Part of her had a feeling he wanted to lash out at her for asking that, but he held his tongue. She knew he needed her, and that Emplate, as he had first introduced himself to her, wasn’t one to act out rashly. He then looked out at the scene in front of them, and answered. “I am starting to pay the price for losing my one prize. It just so happened that it coincided with missing out on another prize.”

Paige worried for a moment. Had Emplate decided that she would replace this missing prize? While she knew nothing of the one he called his prize, she figured he called that one his prize for a reason linked to the mouths she had seen on his hands. While she did not want to be one of his food sources, she had found the idea of helping him acceptable. She looked at him, and asked, "And how do you want me to assist you in this?"

Emplate looked at Paige, and smiled. He knew this mutant girl had potential. He knew that when he saw her pummel the boy to death. She would make a great ally, as well as a perfect spy. He even felt she would embrace being a thrall. Willing ones were rare, no matter who was their master. He pulled out the device D.O.A. had put together, and handed it to her. "This device is a very special matter transporter. It should take you to within a mile of their location, and allow you to hide your identity as well."

He watched as she took the device, and studied it for a moment. After a few moments, he saw her tap the one button on the device. It was the button designed to hide her identity, and after a brief glow engulfed her body, he saw Paige Guthrie turn into a copy of his sister. Had he not known better, he would have sworn it was her. The disguise was identifiable by a bracelet he knew his sister would never wear.

He waited as Paige took a moment to check her reflection. As he expected, she gasped in shock, and as she turned to address him, the anger she expressed made the illusion seem more real. "What the hell is this?" He was relieved that she didn't use any negative words, since it would destroy the illusion.

He calmly answered the heated question, knowing that if she was as smart as he figured, Paige would understand entirely. "I am aware that your spying might be discovered, so I had as precaution taken. If they spot you, they will think you are my sister, and then, should your paths cross again, you will be in the clear. Plus, should they run across my sister, they will not trust her." As he figured, Paige had calmed down, and a calculating look crossed the face that looked like his sister's.

Paige had thought about what she just heard, and it did make sense. If she were to be discovered, they would assume her to be someone else, and since the person already existed, they wouldn't suspect her if she had to approach them out of disguise. She finally nodded, and said to Emplate, "I understand entirely. Now who am I looking for?"

She watch as Emplate pulled out a small envelope, and handed it to her. She opened it and pulled out two photos. The first was of a redheaded girl she didn't recognize. She then looked at the next picture, and she saw a face she remembered seeing somewhere else. It was possible that the boy in the picture was of someone that was in the public eye, but that just helped fuel her determination to find these two for him. She nodded, and then said, "Alright, I shall do my first check." She then went to activate the transporter.

As she did, Emplate made a final statement. "Get me their location as close as possible to minimize their chances of escape. If they are where I think they might be, I would not be surprised if they have an escape plan ready." She nodded, and pushed the button to transport to the location.

No Caption Provided

Around the same time, in one of the smaller towns in England, a young lavender skinned girl sat at a table in a room. It had been her room since her powers manifested, and thankfully she didn't have to deal with the hatred and scorn from people here. They were all in the same boat, so hatred made no sense. Hell, the matrons had been a lot nicer than her real parents had been.

There had been some nice things about her time at the orphanage, including the time one of the country's richest families, The Cales, came there. She had become enamored by the sight of their son, especially when his skin had started taking on a similar colour as her own. It turned out he was a mutant, and he could take on her look, and powers. In her mind, she could see them as a couple, and that thought usually put a smile on her face.

This day, however, led to a visit from one person she didn't expect to see. She had been surprised when the matron knocked on her door, and said, "Clarice, you have a visitor." Before she could say to let them in, she was surprised to see one of England's wealthiest humanitarian, Lord Cale, enter the room. She started to get to her feet to show respect, but the matron said, "You don't have to worry about that, dear."

To her relief, Lord Cale just smiled and said, “If anything, I should be the one showing you respect. I recall the impression you made on my son. He had told me you had a very powerful talent, if you learned to control it better.” She nodded with that, knowing that her power had great potential, if used in the right way. She had actually used it in the wrong way once, in a bit of self-defense.

That day brought a chill to her spine, since it had been when she came under attack from her own father. She had know for a long time that her father didn't like her because she was a mutant. That day, things came to head when he came after her with a knife. She had been lucky to see him coming after her, and tried to teleport him like she had herself. What happened instead was the opposite. Her powers seemed to have shattered reality, and in an instant, her father was in pieces. After that, she was careful never to use that power again.

That, however, got weighed against the fact that Lord Cale wanted to talk to her regarding her mutant power. She tried not to look him in the eyes, since she worried that what ever he wanted, her fear might make him not ask, especially if his son told him she had great power. “Yes, sir. My ability might have the potential to be powerful. I use it from time to time to get around the building quickly. Why would you need use of my powers?” Deep down, she hoped that whatever the need, it wasn’t something she found distasteful.

She was taken by surprise, however, when what he wanted was something she didn’t expect. “I would like your help finding my son.” She hadn’t heard anything about Richard Cale going missing. Since some of the others wouldn’t interact with her, she would spend some afternoons watching the news with the matrons. She hadn’t heard anything about this kind of thing.

Before she could ask, he seemed to read her mind. He didn’t smile, but he looked sad as he explained. “A little over a day and a half ago, my son had left our home to go on a walk. I’m afraid my wife had suggested something even I found uncomfortable involving another person we know. I know my son and I don’t get along, but I think he would have made the choice I agreed with regarding it. I don’t think he would have run away.”

She had never known about the tension between the two, but she had sensed something was coming between them. She wasn’t going to ask about that, though. What she was going to ask was why he was certain his son hadn’t run away. “Why don’t you think that, Sir? I know that if I were your child, I wouldn’t leave such a life behind.” Clarice was certain that she would be happier being a part of the Cale family, but not as a child of theirs. She found Richard Cale to be a very cute boy, especially when she saw him taking on her skin color.

She actually saw Lord Cale smile at that, and he let out a chuckle. “No, I don’t think you would. Richard wouldn’t do so unless he was forced to, or something else. I think that something else did happen. You see, overnight, someone had snuck into our one country home, and spent the night. We only know it happened because when they left, they triggered an alarm. This also coincided with a report of a missing young lady whom it was said suffered from her own delusions.”

That had gotten Clarice’s attention. She almost leaped out of her chair, wanting to find this madwoman. That was until she noticed that something on Lord Cale’s face seemed to hint that he seemed to deduce something about this young lady already. She kept control of her urge to rush off, and said, “What makes you say that, Sir?”

She watched as he appeared to think about something for a moment, and then responded. “When the police arrived at the building, they found evidence that my son’s bed had been slept in, and that his closet had been accessed. Also, near the one bathroom, a pile of odd straps had been on the floor. There was also signs that candles were used to light the hallways. Finally, the way the alarm was triggered was by using the exit from the house’s panic room.” With that last sentence, she saw him look at her, a look of certainty on his face. “I have a feeling the line about the young lady being delusional was a lie. I have a feeling my son is trying to protect the young lady, and for some reason, has decided to keep his parents out of the loop.”

Immediately, Clarice knew what she was being asked to do. She closed her eyes, and tried to focus on Richard Cale. She was going to have to try and teleport to where he was, and bring him back. She supposed she would have to figure a way to get the girl to her home, where ever that might be. She opened her eyes, and then said, “It may be tricky at first, sir. Since I don’t know where he might be, I’m going to have to try and focus on his appearance. You may have to narrow it down for me.”

She watched as he fished into his pockets, trying to find something. Since Lord Cale was like most parents, he had a photo of his son in his wallet. The downside, however, was that it was an old picture. She saw him look at it, and then put it back in his pocket. “Sadly, I don’t have a current photo. What I do know, however, is that the passage to the panic room leads to a special part of the Chunnel entrance. If I were to wager a guess, he might have gone to Paris. My company buildings have some apartments for visiting employees to use, but that can’t be certain, since he had some cash on hand.”

Clarice frowned, not liking the uncertainty. She had never used her powers for such a long distance, and with such a vague destination, she had a bad feeling she wouldn’t be able to find him on the first shot. Most likely, she was going to end up far away from Richard Cale, and no doubt out in the open. She would most likely collapse as well, since the more distance she covered, the more it sapped her stamina.

She sighed, knowing honesty would be the best policy here. “I can do my best, Sir. Just know this, I might not be able to let you know right away, and I may collapse after this first jump. If you want me to do this, give me about a day to return, and maybe another to recover from my return.”

To her surprise, he calmly nodded with a stoic look on his face. He then made a statement that really surprised her. “I understand. If that is the case, and you return safely, I will have the paperwork filled out to be a guardian for you.” While living in the Cale household would be good, she didn’t want to be adopted by them. If them being her guardians would mean that, she didn’t want it, at least not if there was a chance she could end up in a relationship with Richard. She could cross that bridge, however, when she came to it.

She nodded, and then closed her eyes again. She focused on everything she had learned about where Richard might be, as well as what he might look like. If she knew what the young lady might look like, it might help her more. Regardless, she had only a very general location in mind. She took a deep breath, and created a glowing purple portal. Once it was open, she opened her eyes, took a deep breath, and jumped through it.

When the portal disappeared from the orphanage, Lord Cale blinked, and then got up to leave. He knew he would have to wait until Clarice returned, but he could be patient about that. He would, however, get the paperwork underway. It was the least he could do to replay the lavender skinned girl to repay her.

No Caption Provided

In Paris, France, two people arrived as if out of nowhere. Neither had been observed, both for different reasons, but both had the same goal. They were both there to find Richard Cale and the girl he had rescued, Yvette. Fortune, thankfully, played a part in the drama, but not in a way that benefited everyone.

When Clarice arrived in Paris, she had lucked out in arriving at one of Paris’s many churches. A safe haven like that was perfect for her, since the people at that particular church did not view mutants in a negative way. It also wasn’t too far from the people she sought. It did, however, allow her to safely collapse and sleep to regain the energy to get back home.

Paige, on the other hand, appeared in a side alley near where the couple were located. It opened onto a busy street, full of shops, but it wasn’t too far from where her quarry was. She didn’t have much time to check, however, since she was certain she would be missed soon at home. What she did do, however, was start to look around, hoping to see either by chance.

That didn’t happen, since the two had managed to bring enough food with them to keep them in the little apartments for a few days. They were planning a trip out soon, however, since they would need costumes to hide their identities. They both knew that Emplate would eventually come looking for them in Paris. They both hoped that when it did happen, they would be on their way elsewhere.

Next EntryGoodbye Paris(Original)
Future Entries

Entry 6??????
Library PageRichGenX's Library - Marvel Mayhem (Original and Alternate)
RichGenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RichGenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers