batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

(An idea/series that may take flight)

Billy Daggett looked over his cards at the woman sitting across from him who was rocking gently in her chair. She was quite beautiful, either Mexican or at least mixed but definitely not white, nor a lady despite her blue dress and well groomed hair. It was just these two left in the game that had been going for some time which had drawn a crowd of locals in the main bar of

"What'd you say your name was again?" Billy threw two rocks onto the pile in the middle of the table.

"Eureka Chisum," she replied looking curiously at the addition. "And how much is that suppose to be?"

"That's about a hundred worth of gold, I reckon," Billy replied proudly.

"More like three dollars worth of brazzle!" Eureka scoffed. "Hey Ephraim! Stop gawking and examine his wager."

The dealer snapped back from his daydreaming and examined the rocks, pulling out a loupe to verify. "Fraid she's right, Billy. This is iron pyrite. Looks like gold but it ain't."

"Also known as fools gold," Eureka added. "Best you wager something else."

Billy was flabbergasted as he placed his cards on the table and rummaged through his pockets before placing his gun belt on the pile. "How's that?"

"Why would I want your rusty old gun for?" Eureka asked. "I came to gamble, not to sort through your trinkets."

The gathering crowd chuckled at her jibe. Billy scowled. "My horse."

Eureka nodded, Billy's tanned saddlebreed was a horse far about his station. "You heard him, one horse. Ephraim?"

Ephraim produced a quill and a ledger. "Make your mark Billy."

As Billy scribbled in the ledger, Eureka peeked at her cards again. "You raised, my turn." She slid over two gold coins.

"Two coins! My horse is worth more than that!" Billy snapped.

"True but these are gold French Francs," Ephraim whistled as he examined them, even biting it to test it further. "Forty francs a piece, I'd say it covers your bet and then some."

"This is horse$#!t!" Billy yelled thumping the table. "All right dagnabbit! I'm in! All in! My horse. My gun. Clothes off my back. Every god damned thing!"

"Might I advise y..."

"Shut your hole, Ephraim!" Billy snapped shoving a finger in his face. He slowly turned to Eureka. "And also when I win, you're coming upstairs to be pleasured by me!"

"Betting my virginity," Eureka laughed. "You're a bit late for that."

The crowed laughed along.

"But if you want to go for a ride, I'll indulge you." Eureka winked and Ephraim slid the ledger over.

"Let's be clear of the stak..."

"Sorry Ephraim, one more thing," Eureka interrupted. "Jacob Daggett."

The room went quiet and all eyes turned to Billy. His younger brother was a wanted man with a growing bounty on his head due to Jacob's quick temper and even quicker trigger finger.

"What about him?" Billy nervously tapped the table.

"You tell me where he is," Eureka said calmly. "No lies, no horse$#!t, no half truths."

"Lady, I'm gonna break your jaw with my pecker when we get upstairs!" Billy crowed as he flipped his cards onto the table, four jacks and a lonely seven. The room erupted, Eureka Chisum's jaw dropped.

"Billy has four jacks!" Ephraim shouted over the noise. "You bluffin?"

Eureka nodded and slowly slid her cards towards him but as Ephraim reached out she flipped them and sat back in her chair. "Maybe."

Ephraim looked at the cards. A 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 of spades sat there. Billy reached for the pile only to have Ephraim grab his wrist firmly.

"You lost," Ephraim said directly. The crowd murmured as the all saw the straight flush. "The pot is hers."

"She's got a 2! I got four jacks!" Billy yelled.

"Straight flush beats four of a kind," Ephraim reminded him pushing him firmly back into his seat. "The lady wins!"

The roof of the saloon nearly burst off at the sound of delight and excitement of Eureka Chisum's victory as Billy Daggett sat there dumbfounded.

"You can keep your socks," Eureka jeered. "But best you be removing MY clothes that your wearing."

Billy grabbed his gun as he upended the table. "Filthy cheating whore!"

Patrons scattered except for Eureka Chisum, who calmly sat in her chair looking down the barrel.

"Been called worse," she replied. "So you gonna shoot me?"

"You ain't getting my stuff!" Billy fumed clicking back the hammer.

"Don't you mean MY stuff?" Eureka smiled. "Nobody likes a sore loser, Billy."

"Shut your whore mouth, you whore!"

Eureka tutted as she adjusted her dress. "Before you shoot little ole me, can a tell you a story? Do you know who my daddy is?"

"Woman! I don't care..."

"J. Howell Chisum out of Texas," Eureka interjected and waited for the name to sink in. "Cattle runner from Montana to Santa Fe. Now if he were here, seeing you cuss out his daughter whilst pointing a weapon at her, he'd pull your spine out and whip you to within an inch of your life. But he ain't, so I'll just have to rely on the education he begrudgingly gave me and my sister Artesia."

"You done flapping your gums?" Billy levelled the gun at her forehead.

"Nearly," Eureka smiled. "When I was six, we was shipped off to France because heaven forbid if people found out if he'd father some half-black babies in the barnyard. The shame of it! Better to hide his late night dalliances far across the sea away from prying eyes and wagging tongues.

"Living in Paris taught me several things; reading, arithmetic, writing, manners, etiquette, horse riding, but most of all a little thing called savate or boxe française."

"Box what?"

Eureka rolled her eyes at Billy's pronunciation and suddenly her hand whipped out knocking the gun down as she followed up with a high kick that collected him squarely on the chin whilst revealing to the crowd a flash of something naughty. Billy Daggett collapsed like a felled tree onto the floor. The crowd roared in approval.

"Gather my winnings please Ephraim," Eureka said accepting a drink from a stranger on her marvellous display. "And get someone to drag Billy into the barn, he and I are going to have a little chat."

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 1095

@batkevin74: Needs a couple small (very minor) edits, but yeah, you should keep up with this one for a bit. Any chance of an appearance by Red Fog?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@cbishop: Can you point them out for me; too close so I don't see them. As for Morgan Fogg appearing...

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Billy Daggett looked over his cards at the woman sitting across from him who was rocking gently in her chair. She was quite beautiful; either Mexican or at least mixed, but definitely not white, nor a lady despite her blue dress and well groomed hair. It was just these two left in the game that had been going for some time which had drawn a crowd of locals in the main bar of _______?

Eureka nodded, Billy's tanned saddlebreed was a horse far above his station. "You heard him, one horse. Ephraim?"

"Billy has four jacks!" Ephraim shouted over the noise. "You bluffin'?"

Eureka nodded and slowly slid her cards towards him, but as Ephraim reached out she flipped them, and sat back in her chair. "Maybe."

"You can keep your socks," Eureka jeered. "But best you be removing MY clothes that you're wearing."

"You ain't getting my stuff!" Billy fumed, clicking back the hammer.

Eureka tutted as she adjusted her dress. "Before you shoot little ole me, can a (either "ah" or "I") tell you a story? Do you know who my daddy is?"

"J. Howell Chisum out of Texas," Eureka interjected, and waited for the name to sink in. "Cattle runner from Montana to Santa Fe. Now if he were

"Nearly," Eureka smiled. "When I was six, we was shipped off to France, because heaven forbid if people found out if he'd father some half-black babies in the barnyard. The shame of it! Better to hide his late night dalliances far across the sea, away from prying eyes and wagging tongues.

Eureka rolled her eyes at Billy's pronunciation, and suddenly her hand whipped out knocking the gun down as she followed up with a high kick that

"Gather my winnings please Ephraim," Eureka said accepting a drink from a stranger on her marvellous display. "And get someone to drag Billy into the barn; he and I are going to have a little chat."

Mostly punctuation, with a couple of wrong words. Nothing big.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: best edit this, thanks for this btw

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: I don't even remember doing this. lol You're welcome.