Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PyroFN

Epic X-Men #30: Destiny of Death

*A year since her father's death*

No Caption Provided

"Hello, class, welcome to our first day in class. I will be your teacher for this home period. I am Emma Grace Frost, but you will refer to me as Miss Frost in class. Since this our first day, we shall be merely wait 'til your next period, but the next time you all come in, I fully expect you all to either work or approach me on topics you have questions about. As you wait now, though, you may ask me questions about myself or talk amongst yourselves", Emma said as she perched herself on her desk.

She felt good. A new place. A new group of students. A new start. A new Emma. A student raises her hand.

"Yes, Jamie? What is your question?"

"Uh, you know my name? How?", Jamie asked his teacher.

"I learned it the same way I know that that isn't your original question. I am a very powerful telepath. Through these abilities I can read and communicate to each and every one of you individually and at the exact same time....and more~", Emma said telepathically to the entire class. "Because of this, I know exactly who you all are. But you needn't worry about what thoughts you think and the emotions you feel. Although I will know as you learn about yourself, I also will respect your privacy by not acknowledging them or divulging info. So long as you are respectful, we will all get along swimmingly."

"So, what is your question originally, Jamie?", Emma asked again after making her explanation.

"Uh, right, um....you look rather....young to be a teacher. I know not all teachers are old or even mid-age, but.....you barely look any older than the rest of us", Jamie explains bashfully.

Emma chuckled bemusedly before answering. "Thank you for that compliment, dear. And though I have no need to divulge that information to anybody, I will reveal anyways that I worked rather harder than most people in college. The one thing I wanted to do more than anything is pass on my wisdom and knowledge to the future generations of our kind. So, I did what I can to take in as much knowledge that the bastards required while running my company and eventually, I got the necessary certifications, blah, blah, blah. Here I am!", Emma explains.

"Aw! I wanted to hear more about your experiences in college though", a different male voice said from the classroom door. Emma turned ready to sternly scold her student, only to find her long time friend, leaning on the doorpost with a smirk on his face.

"Warren Worthington the Third, what are you doing here?!", Emma asked happily while walking to give him a hug. "Class, you may talk among yourselves. It would seem I have an unexpected visitor that I must spend time with the duration of this period."

The two walk to the hallway for more privacy.

"Interesting look. Wish I had you as our teacher at the school when I went", Warren said as he leaned on some metal lockers.

"Oh, shut up, you absolute cretin! I must apologize for not giving you any calls about me in such a long while. As you can tell though, I have been quite busy the time since I left the school, which you should take as your cue to leave", Emma said nervously.

"Yeah, I will, but I gotta ask: How are ya by the way, after the whole ordeal with your father and then retrieving your brother?", Warren asked with concern. Emma merely chuckled at the sudden change in mood.

"I should have known you would revert to worrying about me like before? Seriously, though, you should be-", Emma laughed.

"Oh, I am never gonna stop worrying about ya. But it would seem we both still have time", Warren interrupts her with a smile.

"Well, to mollify your incessantly noisy anxiety over my personal life, I am better. It should come as no shock that after taking over everything, I would be.....better. Does that satisfy?", Emma asked impatiently.

"Yes, it does considering your father was a dick and this new you is incredibly heartwarming to see. No more bitterness seen over someone who frankly wasn't worth any ounce of your time. You look like you are in peace", Warren said.

"We can thank my brother for that. With Cordelia living her life and Adrienne still locked away, I needed someone who understood me. He has been doing well learning what it is to be an adult nowadays, as he runs the company in my stead. It's a pity you have been avoiding him in your meetings", Emma said fondly.

"I swear it's all pure coincidence. I just hate meetings, so I gotta just let my right-hand guy to handle it", Warren defended with no ire.

"Well, I guess I have to get back to my class. Thanks for the visit, darlin'. I missed this, truly", Emma said as she began to open the door.

"Ditto! Don't be a stranger. Ya know I am always a call away, by phone or thought", Warren said with a smile.

Emma smiled his way and turned to the class. She was about to begin her closing farewell for the day to her class when she heard a boom. For most people, it would all end with a flash, but for a telepath, things are processed at speeds no human could ever relate to. The closes one would come would be moments that they describe as moments going in slow-motion, which we shall look from Emma's perspective. She looks to her left and finds a cloud of fire and destruction heading her way.

No Caption Provided

At first, panic ensues her mind as it instinctively reverts her to diamond before they could hit. She looks up as everything is destroyed around her. There is a sense of deja vu about this. But she had never been in this situation before. Never! So, why was it that the only strange thing about this scenario to her was not that someone would mercilessly want to kill millions of innocents. She had always felt this was coming on some level. Yet, what she sees in the air is her dear best friend trying to out-speed the destruction with his giant wings. Why was that image the only strange piece of the puzzle in her head......

No Caption Provided

What was it about this that was so familiar? She blamed the dull feeling inside on her diamond form, but.....she knew extreme emotion at this point could manifest inside her if she felt strong enough, usually anger being that emotion. Yet, the dead bodies weren't what would kill her inside. She felt this coming somehow. It was inevitable with man's hatred and persistence. They couldn't touch her as far as she was concerned.

No Caption Provided

But...the one person in her life who was there when her family wasn't.....watching the flames encompass every beautiful part of his being.....she couldn't run from it. That is why when the dust settled......her cry this time would be for her best friend.........

*Minutes Earlier; Xavier Institute*

No Caption Provided

"GAH! WARREN!"

"Charles! Charles, what happened!", Moira ran in to the study.

"I-it was an attack. O-on Genosha. I can feel it. Thousands crying out in fear psychically as they do vocally. Warren was among them, calling through our rapport before......", Xavier trailed off in tired despair.

"Before what, Charles?! Please tell me that Warren is alright!", Moira begged Charles.

"NO!", a female voice shouted from outside the study.

"Oh no. Jean", Charles said worriedly before wheeling over hurriedly to the living room.

The sight they were treated to in the living room area were Artie and Leech in the corner scared with Jean hovering up in the air as her powers raged uncontrollably. Household objects and furniture flying across the room in her anguish as the tears streamed down her face.

No Caption Provided

"Jean! Tell me, what happened!", Scott shouted to Jean as her telekinetic storm raged on her surroundings.

Not long after, Hank, Bobby, Lorna, Alex, and Orroro ran in to figure out what was going on.

"Professor, what's up with Jean?", Bobby was the first to ask. Xavier didn't answer him directly, but rather kept focus on Jean.

"Jean, you have to calm yourself! Remember what I taught you about controlling your powers! You must focus-"

"They killed him! They killed all of them, Uncle Charlie!", Jean cried out as her anger began to take shape over her grief. "You had to have felt it! All of them!"

"Jean, I understand, I felt it too, but you need to calm yourself!", Professor said firmly.

"No more, Jeannie! Leech wants Jeannie to stop!", Leech said aloud before unleashing his powers on the surrounding room. It partially succeeds, but only slightly at first. Some of the heavier objects had fallen, as did some of Jean's telepathic range, but the room still had objects swept into the storm of psychic power. Yet, with the disconnect from the source of her despair, Jean begins to see things clearer. It takes no more than a couple minutes before Jean manages to regain her senses and allow Leeches powers overtake her, instead of fighting them.

"Jean! Jean talked to me, baby. What happened?", Scott asked worriedly as Jean settles on her knees with her head down.

"They killed him, Scott. They killed all of them", Jean cried quietly.

"Killed who, Jean?", Scott asked softly.

"Warren. Warren is dead! And it was humanity that caused it!", Jean said angrily.

"No, Jean. Just a very dangerous minor piece that let their fear overtake them, Xavier corrected gently. The correction wouldn't be let slide.

"Minor? Minor?! This minor group are more than dangerous! They represent everything that is wrong with this god-forsaken planet! Everything Magneto had foretold had come to pass! How much longer until we are eradicated! And the rest.....they will just stand by and watch, letting it all happen", Jean breaks into a heavy sob.

"Sshh, calm down, honey", Scott comforted as he rubbed her soldier.

"I hate to say it, but Jean has a point. Magneto did warn everyone that if mutants didn't act, humanity would take advantage and kill us all, no matter what we did to assure them that we are no threat", Alex said.

"But we are a threat, Alex, just by being us. What we are", Lorna says.

"What are you taking about?", Alex asks confusedly.

"Well, Mister Summers, we may be superheroes, but not all mutants have the same convictions as either Xavier or Magneto. Some wish to live a normal everyday life. Others care not for the well-being of another individual, seeking their own desires, whether it be for money.....or bloodshed. No different from your average everyday human in the modern century", Hank explains.

"So, where the humans go unaccounted, we have to suffer?", Alex rebuttals.

"No. They won't. Not this time. X-Men, suit up and ready the Blackbird for travel to Genosha. We will assist wherever it is necessary or is allowed. I will be traveling with you all to speak to Magneto. I will meet you at the Blackbird, but first I must make some calls", Xavier says as he turns his chair to the hall.

*Genosha Ruins*

No Caption Provided

The Blackbird touches down in an empty enough area in the middle of the ruined city. Destruction as far as the eye could see. There was an eeriness that would from then on would stick with the X-Men for the rest of their lives. A sight that would serve as a reminder of the lengths man would take to stay as the top of the genetic food chain.

"Wow", Bobby said as he looked everywhere.

"It's gone. Everything! Destroyed", Alex said with a cracking voice at the sight of what was once a bright, living society. Sensing his distress in his voice, Lorna hugs him from behind as she beheld the sight before her.

"Such heartlessness. We saved their lives too many times and this is how they repay us?", Orroro said in quiet anger, yet the booming Storm clouds that formed above were a giveaway to her anger.

"Remember, my children. This is not the work of man, but the effect fear can drive others. We as humans have the survival instinct to do whatever we can to preserve our lives and ways of living. Yet, when we become desperate, we act irrationally. That is why we should endeavor to be above such behavior. We must be teachers and leaders of the coming generations and put a stop to those who choose to hide their heads in the dirt, rather than listening to reasoning", Charles lectured them in effort to get them to see things from a more reasonable perspective instead of one that is more emotionally held.

"That is assuming there is anyone left to listen, Charles", the voice of Magneto says as he lowers himself and a group of mutants on a metal platform, as others fly behind him.

"Erik", Charles greets.

"I would say I am pleased to see you in this time of distress, but considering you are responsible for this tragedy to begin with, I am afraid I won't be giving any warm welcomes to you traitors to our kind", Magneto said as he sets down the platform.

"Erik, whatever grudge you harbor is not important. What is more important at this very point in time is the rebuilding of the homes of your people. That is what my visit is for. My students are hear to help while you and I discuss further on how to move forward in preventing anything like this from happening again", Charles answered.

"We don't need help from the likes of you, human sympathizer!", Toad said.

"Shut up, Toad! Does it look like we have the capabilities of handling this crap on our own?! I can name three members on their team who would get more done than you would within the hour we give you", Logan said aggressively.

"So, what? We all of a sudden be all buddy-buddy with these X-Twerps?!", Blob asks aloud.

"We don't like it as much as you do, Blob! Still, this isn't about you, its about what we can do to help everyone else", Bobby interjects.

"And how do we know you can be trusted to help us in this tough time?", Exodus asks, suspicious of them.

"Because we do care for mutants. We want a society of peace between both humans and mutants. We do not take sides, but we will be there to stop injustices wherever they may lie", Orroro tells him.

"No matter our differences, we are here to help. That is our offer. Ball is in your court now, Magneto", Scott chimes in firmly.

"Forget 'em, boss. We don't need 'em! We haven't needed 'em then, and we don't 'em now", Toad says.

"Enough, Toad! Very well, X-Men. We accept your generous offer. Just note that any moment of hostility you make against me or my Brotherhood will be met with intense judgement from me. I will not allow disharmony to reign in my nation at so critical a time", Magneto warns. Though they knew he very well meant the warning, none of them reacted, which amused the Master of Magnetism and amazed the Brotherhood members, though they wouldn't admit it aloud to the X-Men.

"We understand, Erik. I would expect no less, just the same as I will expect my students to be on their absolute best behavior while we are visiting", Xavier said sternly to his students.

"Very good. Then you all shall follow me and you will see where my nation will be taking residence for the duration that the city is under reconstruction", Magneto says before lifting the metal platform after everyone steps onto it.

No Caption Provided

The building was vast, filled with bustling volunteers and moaning injured survivors of the attack. A safe haven away from the destruction. Powerful enough to withstand a bomb. Magneto ensured that after what took place.

"Father, we have more confirmed deaths", Wanda said as she walked up to her father.

"Has Pietro gotten back from searching the supplies sent from other countries?", Magneto asked.

"No, father, but there is no confirmation that anything was wrong yet. Kwannon is there with him to alert us first thing if anything does happen. Unus, Sabertooth, and Colossus have joined them in the search", Wanda says.

"Very good. The X-Men will be there to assist with whatever you may need, Wanda. And thank you for your help in all this, dear", Magneto says to his daughter.

"Of course, father. And thank you all for your help, in spite of our differences. As it stands, I may already of jobs for each and every one of you to help", Wanda says kindly.

"If you need me, I will be in my quarters, discussing private matters with Charles. Oh, and call Destiny for me", Magneto says as he and Charles begin walking through the metal warehouse.

"Yes, father", Wanda confirms before turning her attention back to the group of mutants.

"Erik, there is another reason for my coming here", Xavier says somberly before Magneto could put a hand on the doorknob to his quarters.

"Would have to do with your student that we found among the rubble?", Magneto asks without turning around.

".......Is he.....", Xavier trailer off. He couldn't bear to ask. And thankfully, Magneto immediately understood.

"I am sorry, Charles. You and your students may take the chance to visit him. We have already buried many of our brethren, but I left the young man's body for you and your students to do with. Emma is also there, sitting with him. Tak eas long as you need. My door is open to you when you are ready", Magneto explains.

"Thank you, Erik", Charles said before turning around and contacting his students. He wheels over to a small empty room where Emma sat on a chair beside Warren's lifeless body. She seemed to have stayed in her diamond form since the destruction, not willing to exit it and feel the full brunt of her pain.

"So, you all finally came", Emma said in a toneless voice, not looking to Xavier.

"Salutations, Emma.....how are you child?", he asked her, not entirely sure how to approach her like this. She had always been pretty good at holding in her emotions, being one to look at things in a brutally accurate perspective, not one to beat around the bush or deny things that happen. Here though, she looked less inn control and more closed off, which contrary to what she may think, was far from in-control as one can be.

".........Have you told Warren's parents, yet?", she asked, ignoring the previous question.

"....Yes. They are understandably mortified. We plan on taking Warren's body back to the states and give him to his parents. We also plan our own memorial, in honor of his memory. Perhaps, after all this is taken cared of, you will attend?", Xavier offered uncertainly. She didn't answer, or even react to display that she was even listening.

"Warren......", a voice came from behind . It turned out to be from Jean who had a look of horror at the sight of Warren's burned and broken body. Wings wrecked, hair practically gone, skin singed on places and openly wounded in others. Scott took a crying Jean in his arms and turned her away from the sight, as he couldn't hold back his own tears.

"Oh god, Warren", Bobby said as his voice broke with his tears rolling down his face. Instinctively, Hank put his arm around Bobby as they watched the sight before them. Lorna couldn't even bear to look after seeing the initial sight, choosing to instead walk out of the room and fly out an open window. Worried for her safety, Alex followed her out on foot.

"Lorna!", Alex called out. She stopped and hovered down lower for him to catch up, though not turning to him. "You can't enter the city limits. There are reports of major radiation and and chemicals flowing in the air......Are you alright, Lorna?"

"No, I'm not. I should be fine.....but I'm not", Lorna said without turning.

"Why do you say that? He was your friend, wasn't he?", Alex asked curiously.

".....I guess..... We hadn't exactly spent a lot of time together for me to form an opinion, aside from a couple of passes he made on me. There is literally no reason for me to care this much", Loran said with her voice starting to tremble.

"Why does that have to be a bad thing?", Alex says.

"It's ridiculous!", Lorna argues back.

"It means you either felt some sort of connection with him, or you are empathetic", Alex said simply, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Can't be the latter. I haven't really bothered to care much for anyone since my family", Lorna chuckled bitterly.

"Then you simply underestimated the connection you formed with your friends. Yeah, maybe you hadn't exactly interacted with him much, but not everyone makes connections the same way. Some people spend their days not really talking to anybody, but they still are aware of the kind of people they hang around, judging from a distance and forming that attachment in the background as they watch.....that sounded a little creepier than it was supposed to come off, but-"

"I get what you mean, Alex.....What little I did remember of Warren, he was a very active individual. He would always be flying outside, going out of his way to say hi to us in class and start conversations with Bobby about different stupid stuff. Even teasing Bobby like a little brother, flirting with Jean, Orroro, and I. He respectfully would back off when we would say no or smile that cocky smile when we laughed at his attempts with a stupid cheesy line.....That.....that lifeless thing over there wasn't the Warren I recognized. It's creepy to behold...and just plain unfair", Lorna broke down. Alex hugged her as she began to crumble.

Back at the Emergency Bunkers, the team have remained rather silent as they surrounded Warren's body, though the silence would not last. It was then that Xavier broke the silence, bringing attention to all his students, even Emma, though she kept her eye on Warren.

"X-Men, I realize you all are saddened, distressed even, by the sight of our beloved friend, but we are still needed. We will have more time to mourn Warren when we get back home. So, I would ask you to take the time, however you need to do so, to gather yourselves together and follow what the Scarlet Witch has need of each and every one of you. Soon, Magneto and I will call everyone back to alert you of the next course of action to make sure this kind of thing does not happen to anyone else", Xavier says gently to all of his students. No one comments, so Xavier takes it as confirmation of their understanding. He then turns to Emma. "Emma, I understand that you no longer have any obligation to the X-Men's goals, but I would very much like work with you one last time. We may have need of you for ensuring this never happens again."

".......For Warren, I will", Emma answers simply.

Xavier nods and heads towards Magneto's quarters to begin planning.

"I will alert Lorna and Alex of the Professor's instructions", Jean says as she begins to walk out.

"Jean!", Scott calls out suddenly before she can leave the room. "I just wanted to ask.....You okay, now?"

"Better than before.....", she trails off as she turns to him, though she doesn't look at him directly in the face.

"Are you sure, Jean?", he asks again, putting a hand on her arm in comfort.

"I'm more embarrassed for my outburst back at the school. Other than that, I am as well as I could be considering the circumstances. Rightfully sad, but no more so than anyone else over Warren", she says to mollify his worries.

He didn't feel convinced completely, but he lets go of the subject for the time being, opting to talk to the other girl who was interested in him. At least, before he went accusing her of murdering her own father. He felt like a complete idiot and owed it to her to apologize, so he waited for Orroro, Hank, and Bobby to file out before speaking to her.

"Emma?"

"I am only doing this for Warren, Scott. I am not planning to come back, no matter how noble you think your cause is. Because at the end of the day, what happened to Warren and everyone that died that day is what will happen to all of us if we go on living as if they will suddenly accept us", Emma said as she shifted back to human form. Tears started to stream down as the force of her feelings came in, though she managed to keep most of her composure now that she let the fact of the information simmer and the shock and injustice of it all die down.

No Caption Provided

"I know. I don't expect you to....in a way, I agree with you, actually. Yet, someone has to be there to stop everyone from murdering each other, so....I choose to stay to show them all a better way, but that's not what I came to talk to you about. I wanted to apologize for what I did to you all those months ago. I should have put more trust in you after all we had been through together, after all I learned about you. It's stupid that I reverted back to a place of uncertainty about you, when you had not given me any reason to doubt you before. So.....", Scott trailed off.

"Scott, I have been over that for a long time. Honestly, I don't think it would have taken long for me to kill him myself. I am more grateful to my sister for doing what I couldn't do to ultimately free myself from. With that in mind, I chose a better path, one that would assure that in this unkind world that hates me that I would be nigh-untouchable against the miscreants. So, you can consider your apology accepted, as far as it goes with me. Going back to what we used to be.....I think not after the kiss, but I won't exactly be unkind to you", Emma tells him without looking at him.

He supposed that was the best outcome he could hope for after all that had happened between them, so he obliged with a nod and turned to the door. Before walking out, Scott turned back to make one last comment.

"Em', if you do ever need anything from me.....don't hesitate to call me. Know that I mean it......Hell, read my thoughts to confirm for yourself. I.....I give you that permission", he says hoping to get through to her and maybe rebuilding a little more of a connection with his old friend.

"I believe you, Scott, and I will keep that in mind in the near future", Emma says with a smile towards him before turning back to Warren, cuing him to leave and help Scarlet Witch as Professor ordered earlier.

*Magneto's Quarters*

No Caption Provided

After gathering her composure completely, Emma heads to Magneto's Quarters as the two men are in a middle of a conversation, with the two mutant woman, known as Mystique and Destiny, standing side-by-side, ever inseparable as they always have been.

"Miss Frost, is there a specific reason that you have decided to intrude upon my dwelling space?", Magneto asked with a raised eye-brow.

"If you think I am gonna be left on the side-lines like the rest of these mutants who have implicit trust int he two of you, you have another thing coming. You two have opposing ideologies, while entertaining to behold, blind you to more impartial perspective of things. I am here to ensure nothing goes down without my input. Otherwise, Charles, you will have to continue without my help", Emma said firmly with her arms crossed.

"Charles, we have plenty of help. Is it truly necessary that we require her assistance?", Magneto asks his temporary ally.

"If I am not mistaken, you found great use for her in your secret planning when it came to the attack on Genosha by the Sentinels, no?", Xavier asked.

".......So, it would seem you knew of all the news being a facade then?", Magneto asks.

"Of course. It was rather genius you used a mutant to multiply himself as best he could as a decoy for the Sentinels. What was the lad's name?", Xavier asked.

"Jamie Madrox, aka the Multiple Man. Erik's goal was to have the Multiple Man be the target in place of his people, where the real deal be safe with everyone else. We reported to the masses that six million were killed, but the reality was, only one died over and over. I had to expend all my energy on shielding the poor boy's mind from the extreme stress it would have on his mind. Exodus and Kwannon unfortunately were unavailable, being necessary to coordinating the people and the Brotherhood. The casualties came in the aftermath, where everyone started succumbing to illness from the radiation that came from the damage of the city and......", Emma trailed off, working to retain her composure.

"Mister Worthington, yes. I understand his visit was an impromptu, being taken at an inopportune time. Did he not notice all the Madrox dupes though when he came to visit Emma?", Xavier asked.

"He probably would have if he had if taken more than a single look at all the 'students'. Erik was paranoid about Destiny's prophecy including modern camera feed installed into the Sentinel's targeting system's, so we dressed the dupes in different clothing to fool the human bigots as best we could under the circumstances. Some we even painted to mimic the mutants with less human aesthetics", Mystique answered.

"I got him to the hallway and gave him a telepathic warning to get to safety. The idiot took it nonchalantly, believing he could make it before the destruction could hit......and I believed him. Goddammit! I don't know why I did, but I believed him and.....it felt good to finally talk to him after so long. The stupid cockiness and worry over my personal life is what killed him in the end. Perhaps a telepathic nudge should have-"

"Emma, you had no idea when the attack would occur", Xavier interrupted her ramble. "It will be your hard lesson to learn, but you can't dwell further on this. And we can't forget that Warren is as much to blame for not heeding your warning the first time, despite all I taught the young man. I myself have regrets about how it led to this, but we must move forward. Can you show me what the Madrox boy saw when the attack took place?"

".........Here is what the Madrox boy saw", Emma said, after a moment of taking in what he lectured her about, as she projected to Charles the images she remembered from the boys mind.

No Caption Provided

"And the Sentinel's just up and left afterwards?", Xavier asked thoughtfully.

"They tried to. Erik, surmises it was a test run. A warning for what is to come. But he made sure that they wouldn't attack without costing them the Sentinels they sent. We still believe more will come later on", Mystique explains.

"Then we will have to do what we can to transport everyone to a safer location. I don't think the next wave will be as lenient as before. My X-Men shall be prepare to assist however possible against this threat, Erik", Xavier promises his old friend.

"Mentally as well as physically, Charles? From what I overheard from Jean, she had an outburst earlier", Emma asked curiously.

"......She had caught the thoughts of the many dying Madrox dupes when the Sentinels attack. I could as well, but her empathic abilities amped the volume of their emotions, something our telepathy can feel, but not so sensitively the way it does for someone who specifically senses the emotions of other people in all their intricacies unless we were to listen closely. And I surmised from what I read from these minds that the minds of these dupes, while based closely around the original, have vastly different enough personalities react differently to the disaster. It gave the illusion to Jean that real people were in danger. I had talked her down and assured her no one was harmed after she calmed enough, though I plan to work with her further on reigning in her empathic sensitivity before all this starts", Xavier explains tiredly as he recalled what happened earlier.

"She heard the death of all those dupes here from Westchester?......If her telekinesis is as powerful as her telepathy Charles, then I urge you to make that one of your top priorities. We will need firepower like hers in the inevitable confrontation, especially when the dampener signals come on", Magneto said thoughtfully.

"So there were dampeners present?", Xavier asked.

"Indeed. More powerful than ones I had encountered previously, Charles. Though foolish these humans can be, they have measured the threat of even me enough to vastly limit my capabilities. It took more energy than I have and then destroy the machines emanating the dampening fields before destroying the Sentinels afterward", Magneto explained as the event from before replayed in his head.

No Caption Provided

"You are right in that case....but it then renders myself and my other non-Omega students useless in this fight here", Xavier says thoughtfully.

"Omega?", Mystique asks questioningly.

"A term Xavier created to describe mutants as powerful as Magneto, through a ranking system of the threat and power of a mutant and what their abilities are based around", Emma explains briefly.

"So, I inspired you to design a ranking system of the most dangerous mutants on the planet, Charles?", Magneto says with a smirk.

"You well know just how much of threat you are, Erik. Yet, Emma and I had discovered together as we spent time on Cerebro that there are others about as, if not more, powerful as you are", Charles admits.

"This Jean Grey being one of them?", Magneto asks.

"....Yes, as well three other students of mine at this very moment. Cerebro is the one that measures their potential based around their current power levels comparatively to their peers. You quite a few Omega's under your tutelage yourself, Erik", Xavier explains.

"The it would benefit us for you to compile a list of every Omega we have among our mutant army, to determine who holds this front line while the rest get to safety. If what you say is true about the power of these individuals, they may very well be the only ones like me who can push past the limits of the dampeners to fight this fight", Magneto says.

"Agreed. I also plan on going on television with other government officials in the U.N. to alert the nations of the danger of this war between our kinds. I know how you feel about this Erik, but I have to at least try. I, of course plan on bringing some protectors in case they get any ideas on attacking me there", Xavier implores the mutant leader.

".......Unless Destiny has any objections, I will not stop you, Charles. You are still a fool thinking they will listen, but you are doing your best to assist, lending your most powerful students to fight with us in an important battle that could mean millions", Magneto decides after contemplating the conundrum.

"I do not, Erik. The future remains the same as you continue this path", Destiny confirms.

"Very well. I shall send some of my other Brotherhood if you wish to use some of their abilities to watch over you. Under the assumption your bid works out, you may be as important of an asset in stopping this as we are in destroying these abominations", Magneto says passionately.

"Then we are in agreeme-"

Before Charles could finish his thought, his phone rings in his pocket.

"Pardon, Erik. This might actually be important", Xavier says apologetically before answering his phone. "Yes, Moira?.........Thank you. I will alert Erik, immediately."

"What did the woman have to say, Charles?", Magneto asked.

"My connection had panned out. Nicholas Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D had contacted me to alert me of the location of the Sentinel Factories hidden location. The man plans to arrest the government officials that hid this info and were funding it further, but it will be up to us to dismantle the factory. He can't spare to alert the other superheroes, since he has no idea if there are any spies leaking info to the governors. Only a select few in fact are involved and will be investigating further on the spies that could be watching. That in turn though leaves it to us to deal with this", Xavier explains.

"Then that is where we shall send more of your students and some of my Brotherhood, who cannot fight in this fight with the Omega's. Most of course will be safeguarding the Genoshan nation, but we would be fools to not take this fight to them as soon as possible", Magneto tells the other people.

"Emma, can I trust you and Scott to lead in this mission? I want to ensure that no human's are killed unless absolutely necessary. And you know what I mean by a situation that requires such force", Xavier asks his old student.

"You can count on the two of us Charles. I will be sure to watch over them all and keep them from doing anything that would look bad on our precious image anymore than it already is", Emma says in somewhat of a patronizing tone. Charles rolled his eyes, but opted to take her word for it.

"I will also send Mystique as a third co-leader. She has expertise in espionage and is known to lead operations such as these multiple times among the Brotherhood. I trust she will keep them in line if they choose to disobey Miss Frost or your other student. What was his name again?", Magneto asked.

"Scott Summers, known as Cyclops in the field and my chosen leader for the team", Xavier explains briefly.

"Ah, yes. The boy with force blast energy coming from his eyes, yes? He is quite impressive as a leader. It should not take long for the mutants to fall in line with him, but the more stubborn individuals will be who Mystique will be there for", Magneto assures.

"Then it is agreed. Three teams. The Omega's here, a select team to invade the Sentinel Factory, and a small one to guard me. Any objections?", Charles asks the room.

"I have none", Emma confirms.

"Neither do I", Mystique says before looking to Destiny.

"As of this point, the future remains on a positive path. So long as the teams hold together as one, we are ensured a victory over this conflict", Destiny says.

"In which you have my full support as well, Charles", Magneto agrees lastly.

"Alright, then let's gather our people for perhaps our most important battle to-date", Charles ends the discussion finally.

No Caption Provided

End of Chapter