Earthbound: Gaiya #2

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

From: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/earthbound-gaiya-1-1675820/

“Hello brother,” I say to the giant rainbow serpent. Its coils shimmer and glisten in every colour conceivable as it moved into a tight ball and brought its monstrous head down to my level.

“IT HAS BEEN TOO LONG GAIYA”

“Where am I?”

“DREAM TIME.” It said “BUT YOU CAN’T STAY.”

I go to speak but my body and brain are filled with strange yet familiar sounds. I remember being killed, speared to death by the Butcher Bird Brothers. I remember my first bike. I remember them taking my bones to form the dingo. I remember my parents arguing over money. I remember killing Elgin who sent me after the Brothers. I feel sick as it all washes over me like I’m caught in a snowstorm of thoughts and emotions.

“YOU CHOSE TO GO BACK TO EARTH.”

“What are you talking about?” I scream trying to hold my head together.

“WHEN THE OTHERS ROUNDED UP THE GODS THEY GAVE THEM A CHOICE,” hissed the serpent at a volume like a jet taking off. “YOU EITHER FADE AWAY OR YOU CAN RETURN AS AN AVATAR. WE ALL HAD THE CHOICE.”

“Didn’t you create the universe?” I yell. “You vomited up Arnhem Land. You bring the rains! The floods!”

The giant reptile smiles “I AM ALL THINGS, KNOWN BY MANY NAMES. I AM OLDER THAN THE STONES. MY SCALES MADE THE STARS.”

“I don’t understand!” I scream pounding, clawing at the red sand beneath my feet.

“YOU RETURNED TO THE LANDS OF YOUR BIRTH,” the serpent said “YOU HAVE AWAKENED YOUR GODSELF.”

My dad kisses my forehead as the medicine man takes my kidneys. My mother burns pictures to keep us warm as the tribe hacks me to pieces. Two sets of memories merging, smashing into one. I don’t what is real. The rainbow serpent, my brother…I don’t have a brother…he is…can’t think straight…it watches with its cold unblinking eyes.

“TIME TO WAKE GAIYA. A NEW JOURNEY BEGINS” My brother the rainbow serpent explodes in a burst of colours across the sky leaving me coughing, crying, wheezing in the dirt. I look up to see the rainbow before it faded into the black starry sky.

“WHAT IS GOING ON?!" I scream as I bolt upright in bed. The monitors go crazy as they beep and squeal. I try to free and untangle myself when a woman in white rushes into the room.

“It’s okay,” she eases as she grabs my shoulders, forcibly laying me back down. “You’re in the hospital. You’re safe. CAN I GET SOME HELP IN HERE!”

To be continued...

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#2  Edited By cbishop

@batkevin74: Hmmmmmmm...I LIKE IT! You've set up two important things here, and I'm wondering if they are supposed to stand for the whole group? So @joshmightbe also:

1. The serpent still claims a role in creation: "I AM ALL THINGS, KNOWN BY MANY NAMES. I AM OLDER THAN THE STONES. MY SCALES MADE THE STARS.” Does this mean the creation-gods can claim to be aspects of the overall Creator that has set the rules for this universe? and...
  2. The serpent also says: “YOU RETURNED TO THE LANDS OF YOUR BIRTH,” the serpent said “YOU HAVE AWAKENED YOUR GODSELF.” So is this how it has to happen for any other gods playing in this 'verse? Returning to their homelands is what awakens them in the present? Or is this just one possible way? Just trying to figure if this is a rule or a story point.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@cbishop: I intended to just say that all the figures who were seen as primary creators are all different names for the same guy.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: @cbishop: Point 1 you mention is noted in the Earthbound premise (4. You can use whatever type of mythology you like but no supreme beings/creator gods such as Yahweh, Jehovah, Allah just assume those types are all different names for the same guy embodied here by the Creator who has no need of an Avatar form.) So the Rainbow Serpent is one of the many many aspects of this "creator" as stated by josh above ^^

Point 2 is simply how I wanted my character to regain her powers. As opposed to hitting puberty like a mutant or getting hit by a car to trigger the change; the idea of going home which reignites her powers was a better idea in my head

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@batkevin74: @joshmightbe: Gotcha. I had forgotten it being said that way in the original premise. :}

To the story point of remembering when he got back to Australia, it's not a bad idea. As usual, you've made one of the things I've been stuck on for this click into place. I think I know how I can make my characters work here now. Is there a PM? If so, can I be added to it?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@batkevin74: You're notion of a character viewing this as going home has inspired a subplot for my story. Its not the same situation but the line got me thinking of something. Just as a hint it has to do with the part in the premise where I mentioned fallen angels not needing Avatars.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

@batkevin74: I'm really looking forward to joining in with you guys on this. :) Enjoyed reading the chapter by the way.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers