Drizzt's untold story

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Andferne

Drizzt was moving fast he couldn’t let the trail get cold. He had to find the last troll from the advanced scouting group before it got back to the main army to warn Proffit. Up ahead he saw his prey. Suddenly piercing arrows shot through the woods striking the troll in its side. Innovindil had found him first it seemed. He saw her slender form drop from the trees not far from the troll sword drawn and ready to attack. The troll jumped at the opportunity to slay this last elf before returning to his master. Its strong arms reached out to grab a hold of her to rend her flesh from her body, but she quickly sidestepped bringing her blade down upon the trolls arms severing its hands. It started to scream in anguish, but Innovindil spun around slashing her blade across the trolls neck severing its head from its body leaving only a faint gurgling sound. She approached Drizzt with a grand smile saying to him “That puts me one up on you”. Drizzt only grinned then headed towards the troll army’s location. “We’re to only kill Proffit for without him the trolls will scatter and leave Nesme alone” Drizzt remarked. Innovindil replied “Yes and in doing this they will then be easy pickings for the elves of the Moonwood, so how do we get him alone”. Drizzt only pointed in a direction and Innovindil didn’t need to look to hear the Gutbusters crashing into the troll camp. The Gutbusters were fighting with what was left of the Riders of Nesme to rid the area surrounding Nesme of the trolls. It didn’t take long for the dwarves to get the upper hand for they were cleaving through the trolls like a woodsman does redwoods.

Drizzt and Innovindil watched as the trolls started to scatter running from the furious dwarves. They kept their eye’s watching for one particular troll and sure enough they found him trying to escape out the back of the camp. This troll was huge compared to his kin and was surely Proffit for he was the only troll sporting two heads. Drizzt nodded to Innovindil and they darted from their perch to intercept the troll. In a matter of moments they were upon their prey weapons drawn and ready for battle. Drizzt came in first scimitar’s blazing beside him cutting at Proffit as he ran by him ducking under the trolls enormous arms. Drizzt having drawn the trolls attention made it easy for Innovindil to move in behind him flanking the troll, or so they thought. The troll seemed to be a worthy adversary, its two heads working coherently with each other allowing it to watch both combatants. The troll clawed at each of them trying to rake mounds of flesh off of them, but only finding them side-stepping his attacks of their armor negating his blows. Furious he turned his full attention to the female elf grabbing her and lifting her high into the air. The first head bite deep into her shoulder tearing away flesh and spilling blood across the white snow. She screamed making the troll enjoy his meal ever so more. Drizzt moved in fast for he had to or his new friend would be troll food. He swept Iceingdeath high cutting into the trolls bicep. The blade’s power would almost freeze the wound had it not been for the gushing blood of the sliced veins. Screaming in pain the troll throws the female elf into a far away tree, turning on Drizzt. Innovindil struck the tree hard blood now wept from the back of her head where it hit the tree. “We shall take great pleasure in killing you like we have done your elf friend drow” gnarled the troll. Drizzt then leveled Twinkle and in a swift movement darted into the air spinning up and around the trolls head. Drizzt landed on the other side of troll who laughed at him “Ha you missed us you dark skinned elf” when Proffit moved to advance on Drizzt blood rolled down his neck and one of the head slid away. The troll enraged charged at Drizzt who’s back was still turned on him. Just over twenty feet away from reaching Drizzt the dark elf turns, and instead of scimitars in his hands he has a crossbow. Drizzt’s gaze was of pure hatred when he let loose the bolt. The crossbow bolt landed squarely between Priffit’s only remaining head’s eyes and upon impact exploded with such force it took the troll off his feet. Proffits’ body was just twitching as Drizzt approached it scimitars held high. There wasn’t much left of Proffits face when he brought his blades to rest on its shoulders forming an X. Drizzt simply looked over at Innovindil’s limp body then turned back to face Priffit slashing his blades across leaving the troll chieftain headless and dead.

Drizzt hurried to the side of Innovindil. Blood was everywhere the white snow was stained with it. Tears were coming down Drizzt’s face as he silently cried for her, his hands upon her frail body holding her gashing wound, until he heard a faint whisper of a voice “are those tears for me Drizzt Do’Urden how sweat of you” Drizzt startled opened his eyes to see Innovindil’s fair face staring at him eyes barely open with a small smile upon her face, and her wound, her wound had partially closed. Drizzt wiped the blood from her face “I won’t lose you, I can’t”. She smiled slightly more letting Drizzt know that she would be ok. Drizzt got lost in her eyes just then thinking to him self how beautiful she is, even when covered in her own blood her beauty outshines all of those around her. But no he couldn’t have such thoughts about her not while he and Cattibrie……..Then he heard the Gutbusters. They were on their way to them and Drizzt knew she would get the help she needed. But then he noticed it, a shadow not too far in the forest moving fast and quietly. Pwent got to Drizzt first and started to speak when he was cut off “get her to Cadderly now she needs his help” then Drizzt took off into the shadows in the direction he saw the movement.

Drizzt followed the shadowed figure for some time until they came upon a cliff. He was trapped no where else to run. But wait Drizzt thought I didn’t chase him here he lead me here. Scimitars drawn and ever watchful Drizzt approached the cloaked figure. As soon as Drizzt got clear of the trees the figure turned and lowered the cowl on his cloak. He was a drow, and a well built one towering over Drizzt. In his hand was a sword twice the size of Iceingdeath or Twinkle, and on his hip he had a short sword. The drow had short cropped hair and was wearing a dwarven breastplate. Flashes of his past returned to Drizzt. Memories of Melee Magthere. Memories of one of his teachers there. Ryld Argith Weapon’s Master of Melee Magthere.

Ryld Stood several yards away from his opponent, looking for signs of weakness. He knew well the renegade drow from House Do’Urden, for Ryld had been his teacher briefly at Melee Magthere. He remembered well his amazing skill and the dizzying speed of his attacks. Drizzt had graduated his tops honors at the school of fighters, and he’d expect no less from the son of the legendary Zaknafien. Drizzt stood before him now, twin scimitars spinning in almost hypnotic patterns. One move flowing into the next. Fluid, graceful and in perfect balance Drizzt circled Rlyd who had his own weapon out and in a defensive position in front of him. In contrast to his opponent, he stood stone still, much like a snake ready to strike. With no warning Drizzt darted forward towards his opponent. In a blink of an eye he had closed the distance between himself and Ryld. Surprisingly his scimitars hit only air. For with the same supernatural speed that Drizzt used to cover the distance Ryld had quickstepped back the same distance. Still poised in his defensive stance, Rlyd held his great sword before him. Drizzt’s strange lavender eye’s seemed gleam with his approval. Ryld simply nodded showing the mutual respect these two warriors had for each other.

Then the warriors closed in on each other. Drizzt’s scimitar’s whipped out and around the stout warrior as if they had a mind of their own, in perfect unison with the renegade drow. The came in with blinding speed one after the other and from all angels. Ryld drew on his training as a weapon’s master and went completely on the defensive. He frantically brought his sword into a flurry of parries, but some of the thrusts won through. Fortunately for Ryld most the strikes that hit him were deflected by his Dwarven breastplate and his magical ring that seemed to harden his skin. A few of the cuts did make it passed his armor, but none were too serious. Seconds seemed to dragon on for minutes, and then minutes into an hour. Neither warrior showed signs of tiring. Still Ryld waited patiently defending against the flurry of blows that Drizzt rained upon him, waiting for that one opening or for his opponent to tire. His body was already reacting before his eyes registered the opening. He brought his great sword out in a wide sweep in front of him. Drizzt slid to his knees, ducking underneath the blade. Using the momentum from his attack Ryld continued his spin and brought his sword in at a diagonal downward slash. This time Drizzt had jumped over the blade. The weapon’s master had expected the maneuver, and strained his powerful shoulders, halting his enormous sword’s momentum and reversing the angle of his slash. Drizzt still air born could not bring both scimitars to block the attack, nor having much leverage to parry it. Ryld battered one of Drizzt’s scimitars aside cutting deep into Drizzt’s side. Had it not been for his new armor that blow would of cut him in half. Battered and bruised Drizzt’s breathing came in short gasps as he tried to catch his breath from that mighty blow. Ryld seeing his opponent in a weakened state moved in to finish him, striking hard with all his might. Drizzt brought his blades in front of himself deflecting what blows he could from the powerful weapon’s master. The warriors locked blades in a epic clash their eyes piercing one another. Rlyd stepped back and pulled down against Drizzt’s swords yanking one of Drizzt’s swords from his hands.

Drizzt then went into a backward roll. He ended in a low crouch with his remaining scimitar held out defensively in front of him. Ryld could see that his opponent was wounded his blow much of cracked a few ribs for Drizzt was breathing in ragged gasps. Without emotion Ryld slowly and methodically advanced on Drizzt. He never noticed the grey mist gathering behind him. His first warning was a throaty growl. He managed to turn just in time to catch the great panther straight in the chest. Ryld slammed to the ground hard, his great sword flying away from his hands. The great ca’ts claws scratched his armor and raked his arms. Ryld was just able to get his arm up in time to block the panther’s jaws from tearing his throat out. The viscous fangs clamped down on his forearm. Ignoring the pain he used this opportunity to draw his short sword with his free hand, and plunged it deep into the panther’s side. The cat roared and released his shredded arm. Ryld quickly used this opportunity to roll to his feet. Warily watching the now recovered drow and his great cat Ryld slowly tried to maneuver his way to his great sword. He knew that the panther was a magically summoned creature and maybe the power in his sword could dispel it. The panther however, kept itself between Ryld and the great sword. Drizzt moved in as to close the distance between them when suddenly both warriors smelled a faint odor in the air, something that smells of sulfur. Just as the two warriors went to continue their epic battle a blast of fire erupted between them. Out of this fire stepped a towering humanoid with huge bat wings. Lurid flames danced around its skin. In one of his massive claw’s the creature held a sword that looked sharp enough to cut adamantine and was crackling with electricity. In its other hand there was a massive whip engulfed in flames. In a demonic voice he screamed “You FOOLS I’ve come for your SOULS”.

Quietly both Drizzt and Rlyd whispered out loud more to themselves than to each other “He’s returned for me”. They then exchanged curious glances and nodded in unison. Guen jumped at the fiend raking with all her might across Errtu’s chest. Ryld seeing his great sword free to grab dashed for it sheathing his short sword back on his hip. Drizzt to darted for his missing blade, Iceingdeath pulseing wanting to strike at the demon. Errtu out muscling Guen tosses her off him and down the cliff. Upon seeing this Drizzt brought his blades in front of him advancing towards Errtu, ready to show the foul demon the pain he has caused not only him, but the pain he has caused Guen as well. Slipping under Errut’s fiery whip The Hunter closed in more spinning and slashing the balor’s abdomen with both blades. Much to Drizzt’s surprise he then saw Ryld slip in behind Errtu bringing his great sword fast and hard against the balor. Errtu sensing Ryld behind him moved causing his strike to only catch his wing, but the strike was fierce enough to sever his right wing. Infuriated Errtu turned on Ryld. They hear him cursing them in some demonic tongue and the sky starts to pour down with flames. Both Drizzt and Ryld ducked and dodged away rolling away from the balor and his fiery hell. Ryld’s cloak absorbed some of the fire from the blast, and Iceingdeath did the same for Drizzt. But both still felt the flames, and could smell their burnt flesh. Drizzt moved back in bringing Twinkle in low cutting at Errtu’s thighs, while he brought Iceingdeath straight across his stomach ripping at the balor spilling blood across the snow. Drizzt followed through with his movement going to Errtu’s side and slapping Iceingdeath across his whip extinguishing its flames. Just as Drizzt moved from Errtu’s front Ryld charged in driving Splitter down with all his might into the demons shoulder. Then following that through with a great pull, freeing it from the balor’s collar bone. Errtu then struck at Ryld with his own sword crackling with electricity. When the blade connected with Ryld’s breastplate the electricity from the sword dissipated not harming Ryld, but the force of the sword did making Ryld stagger backward almost losing his footing. Errtu then used the whip to strike at Drizzt, but Drizzt was the quicker and side stepped each sweep of the whip.

Just as Drizzt and Ryld were about to close in on Errtu again they heard a voice from behind them, a voice Ryld knew all too well. “He’s after us again, Ryld I thought you took care of him last time”. Ryld turned to his companion gasping for air and said “What took you Pharaun, I’ve been waiting all night”. Errtu then yells “You, Lolth wants you head wizard and I get your soul” Pharaun quirks back “Well I am awfully busy so maybe you can ask her to wait while I finish up what I’m doing here” He then starts the incantation of a powerful banishment spell and with a wink sends Errtu back to hell. Drizzt quickly turns to the two drow swords out in front of him in a defensive stance. He starts to talk but is cut short by Pharaun, “Kimmural has found her Ryld, so we know where to go now, and you can stop playing with old students” Pharaun casts another spell and a portal opens “ready to go” Ryld nods and walks toward the portal, just before he enters he looks back at Drizzt and says “Your father would be proud” and then he stepped through disappearing from Drizzt’s sight. Pharaun steps to the portal “Jarlaxle sends his regards Drizzt Do’Urden, and you can thank him for us saving your butt tonight”. With not another word he steps through the portal it closing right behind him, leaving Drizzt to wonder in his thoughts alone.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Andferne

Not a single comment. I feel so unloved.

Ralox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ralox

I like it, it could use some correcting though. Your style of writing is odd as well.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Andferne

Ralox says:

"I like it, it could use some correcting though. Your style of writing is odd as well."

At least its something :)

Could you exspand on the oddniss? I'm curious so I know what it is thats sticking out for future referances.

Drizzt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Drizzt

lol, I had forgotten about this until today. I think I might rewrite this and expand upon it.