UnbanPleaseTY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By UnbanPleaseTY
No Caption Provided

The Forgotten Chapters (A work in progress...)

Chapter 1

A deep overcast passed over the ancient city of Sidara, the metropolitan heart of the new planet Plant; which was conquered by the Tuffles and renamed in remembrance to the war between the Tuffles and the Saiyans on their homeworld. Some said that it was also inhabited by other Saiyans who had grown tired of Freeza's reign, but nobody believed in such rumors, especially not the father of Goku.

"We only have one day to take control of this city and to destroy its inhabitants," instructed Bardock as he looked over his attack pod, towards the flickering lights in the distance. He saw a large city full of moving vehicles, pedestrians and other life forms; such as Namekians and several Saiyans. He wondered what they were doing there, but it mattered little. "We will begin the assault at dawn, and take full control of the cities inhabitants by early morning. I hope that Freeza will be happy with this planet," he finished as he looked toward his companions, who were busying themselves with lighting a fire.

The Saiyans were powerful fighters, but not very bright. Even the smartest of them could barely read. Those that could had been sought after by Freeza's empire or promoted by King Vegeta.

"That's not very long. The Tuffles are fairly numerous in that town. Are you sure we can pull this off?" Asked Diakon doubtfully. He wore Saiyan armor and his hair resembled that of Vegeta's, but it stood more on edge, and a bang fell over his left eye. He was a gifted warrior and nearly as powerful as Bardock himself. After trying relentlessly to light a fire with a stick and stone, he got fed up with it and instead used his ki to light the fire, before shoving his other companions away. "We do not have the benefits of the full moon tonight; surely it will be a difficult battle—"

"—perhaps it's not even one that we can win," interjected Gine as she bit into raw ham. She brought it with her after Bardock's squad left planet Vegeta. She was always hungry. “Perhaps”—she took another large, juicy bite—“It would be best if we didn't fight. I don't like fighting.”

Everybody around the campfire laughed hysterically; even Bardock found what she said to be humorous. But Gine didn't understand this, she looked around, confused.

"You're a Saiyan. It's in your blood," said Bardock. "You love to fight."

"No, not really," she replied.

Bardock looked away. "Our orders are not subject to questioning, and neither is the rule of Freeza. If we do not do as he has instructed us to do, he may send Zarbon and Dodoria to do battle with us; or worse, the Ginyu Force."

Diakon took a seat on a large boulder, next to the campfire, and thought about what he said. "Some of those warriors are even more powerful than Prince Vegeta," he acknowledged as a shiver coursed down his spine. "Bardock's right. And if you don't feel like participating Gine, you're welcome to wait over here. After all, you're no warrior. You know, that," he explained as he looked toward Bardock. "I know that."

Gine almost laughed. "I never said I was. Honestly, I'd rather be at home working a full-time job. I'm just not cut out for fighting."

"It doesn't matter!" Bardock roared. "Freeza will not wait any longer than tomorrow morning, and we must have control of that village by then," he said orderly. He joined his companions by the fire and took a deep breath, feeling disheartened by how he reacted toward her. "Gine and Cara will begin the assault, and this will cause a diversion; allowing us to flank them from behind.

Cara was one of the younger warriors in Bardock's squad, but nearly as gifted of a fighter as Diakon was himself. She had proved herself during a battle on planet Sadala, against the Tuffles, and this was one of the reasons why Bardock brought her on this mission. She had experience against the Tuffles and a high battle power; surpassing five thousand. Her blue eyes were often red underneath, from the many sleepless nights they had before and after the battle. She also wore Saiyan armor, but hers only had one shoulder strap. "Despite being more powerful than they are, this will not be an easy battle. Back on Sadala, it took the entire Saiyan race to bring the Tuffles to their knees. But it seems that this brigade has managed to survive that horrible war—"

"—which is why Freeza wants this planet conquered. It seems that he also wishes to further the technological advances of his empire," acknowledged Diakon, who continued to eat.

Meanwhile, Gine sat down beside Bardock and whispered, "What if they surrender? Can we not just leave the planet and tell Freeza that they were defeated?"

Bardock considered what she said, but it was then that he shook his head. "He will want to overlook the damage done to the planet itself—"

"—but you said that we would leave and start a new life somewhere. With our child—"

"—and so I did," interjected Bardock. "But not now. We cannot abandon our duties to Freeza. It will not only result in the death of my squad, but you are well—"

"—and Kakarot," she added as she grabbed his hand and ran it over her stomach. She was pregnant, they all knew that, but a Saiyan had their duties.

Bardock pulled his hand back. "Gine, I'm your squad leader. You should know better than to address with me with such condescending mannerisms," said Bardock, angrily. He stood up and turned around. "Keep your hands off me," he added before walking toward his attack pod.

The others watched as he took his leave, Gine most of all. Her eyes welled with tears before she looked toward the fire, uncertain of what to do next.

Meanwhile, Bardock took his scouter off as the door slammed shut. He needed to be alone, to think about what to do with his beloved Gine. As much as he enjoyed being around her, she was more of a burden during missions; incapable of defending herself against even the weakest of adversaries. I've been trying to turn you into the fighter that we need you to be, he thought with a heavy sigh. The space pod wasn't very spacious or comfortable, but it allowed him to be alone. I've taught you everything I know, everything.

Later that night, Kohric and Amarath returned. They were among Bardock's most trusted companions; warriors who were on par with elite Saiyan such as Nappa. There was a time when even Freeza considered taking them as his underlings to be trained by even greater warriors.

Kohric was a younger warrior, even younger than Gine, but he was a much more gifted fighter. He had long dark hair that fell over his face and red Saiyan armor. He chose this look because he insisted that it struck fear into his enemies. "We've returned from our count, but it seems that their numbers far surpass our previous estimates," he explained as he approached the edge of the campfire. By now, Gine, Diakon, and Cara had fallen asleep, but Bardock was still awake; troubled by his conversation with Gine. "Perhaps, it would be best if we took our leave and returned one day."

Bardock swept a hand across the campfire to see if it was getting hotter. When he realized that it wasn't, he threw some branches in from a nearby tree and watched as the fire blazed brightly in the night. "Gine said the same thing," he began as bit into some leftover ham. It was raw and beginning to rot, but to a Saiyan warrior, nothing was left to waste. "But I told her what I'm about to tell you, we cannot abandon our duties to Freeza. I would never let anything happen to my squad, you know that, but if we do not carry out our duties, I fear the worst."

Kohric looked to where Gine was sleeping. "She's pregnant, isn't she?"

Bardock moved to the side to let Kohric sit down. The log was rotten where they sat, but it was comfortable nonetheless. "She is," he answered before continuing, "but that's not the only reason I insist on conquering this planet."

"What other reason is there?"

"Our reputation as Saiyans. We have never broken a contact before, I see no reason why we should start now. Besides, Gine will be in our backlines while we do all the hard work. If she gets injured, or any ill becomes of her, I want you to knock her out and take her out of there as quickly as possible."

Kohric pulled out a flask and took a tasteful sip before handing it over to Bardock. He stood up and walked a few steps forward as the campfire sizzled and popped. "You know," he began, as he turned around, "we all know that you love her. You should consider giving up this way of life, and then start a new one somewhere."

That suggestion brought a smile to Bardock's face. He wanted nothing but to free of the tribulations of being a Saiyan Warrior. "Let us hope that one day that can happen," he replied as he thought about his unborn child.

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Freaking awesome

UnbanPleaseTY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Chapter 1 is complete. I will begin working on Chapter 2.