DCRC Underworld Unleashed: Doom Patrol #2

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By johnny_blaze

The streets of Midway City became a war zone in a matter of hours. Smoke covered the air, dead bodies and destroyed cars filled the streets,people were running scared. They have never experienced anything like this and it was all thanks to teenage evil genius, Ira Quimby also known as IQ. His primary mission was to destroy Midway High School,but even that wasn't enough. In order to become a true supervillain, IQ knew he had to fight a superhero. After an intense battle with The Chief in his Red X suit, it cost him his life. Now IQ was wreaking havoc in order to draw out the Doom Patrol. Cliff Steele aka Robotman was nearby trying to get citizens to safety before he went after IQ. He felt someone pull his arm, Robotman looked down beside him to see a child crying. The girl looked no older than six. Robotman got down on one knee and began to wipe the little girl's tears.

"What's the matter, kid?" Robotman asked.

"I can't find my mom." The little girl replied.

"What's your name?" Robotman asked while putting his arm on her shoulder for comfort.

"Rachael." She says as her voice cracks.

"And I'm Cliff. I promise you that we will find your mommy." Robotman said with a smile. Shortly after, a blue energized whip wraps around Robotman's neck and pulls him back. Robotman effortlessly gets up and turns around to see IQ with a devious grin on his face.

"Aw. I was hoping that the whole gang of freaks would show up, instead I just get the robot. No mummy man? No stretch girl?" IQ asked.

"Sorry to disappoint." Robotman retorted.

"I should be able to handle you quickly. Machines are kinda my thing." IQ chuckled. "I'll make you my bi**h."

"Oh. So tough." Robotman said sarcastically as he began to crack his knuckles. IQ takes out his energized whip and hits Robotman again, sending him flying into a nearby limousine.

"Oh and by the way. Don't make the little snot nosed any promises that you can't keep. She's as good as dead." IQ slowly walks towards the frightened little girl."

"RUN RACHEL.RUN!" Robotman shouts as the little girl. "You get somewhere safe sweetheart. I promise I will find your mom." The little girl nods and quickly runs away.

"Dammit. You just had to ruin it for me huh? Such a buzzkill." IQ laughed. "Just for that I'm going to make you suffer, just like I did with your paraplegic friend. Killing that old man was a pleasure."

"You killed an extraordinary man. You won't get away with that. That's a promise I can keep." Robotman stood up as he gritted his teeth. "I'm ready when you are."

No Caption Provided

Meanwhile...

“Since the power is out. What the hell are going to do now? Cliff is downtown. Rita is somewhere in California getting a tan. I'm sure she has no idea what's going on in Midway right now.” Negative Man said as he paced back and forth nervously. “I'm telling you Steve, this is no concidence. Doctor Polaris attacking Ivy, now this IQ dude is raising hell over here. God only know what's happening in other places.

“Trainor. Look I know you're scared but we have to be strong. We have to be strong for our teamates, our city.” Mento explained as he comforted his friend. “Our main focus is getting to Cliff.”

“What about Chief?”

“He's probably back at the manor, figuring out a strategy on how to take down IQ. We're gonna be fine.”

Downtown…

IQ charged at Robotman with two energy whips, he swung at him but Robotman quickly dodged to his right. The whip sliced the limousine in half. This slightly angered the boy genius.

“You’re fast.” IQ said.

“You ain’t my first tango kid.” Robotman said with a smirk.

Robotman fired red laser beams from his eyes at IQ. The metallic bracelet on IQ’s wrist formed into a shield, blocking the beams from hitting him. Robotman takes a swing at the villain, he intercepted the punch with his shield, IQ hesitantly retaliated with a punch to Robotman’s face. “AHHHH!!” IQ shouted.

“You have a bag full of fancy toys, yet you decide to punch me.” Robotman laughed.

“What the hell are you made out of?” IQ asked, trying to put his hand back into place. “I punched you as hard as I could and I didn’t even leave a dent. Must be promethium. Ooooo now this is going to get interesting.”

Who exactly is this kid? There’s only three people in this world who know about promethium is. Me, Dr. Magnus and Chief.” Robotman thought. “You know your stuff. I’ll give you that.” Robotman cracked his knuckles. “But why are you doing this? What’s your deal?”

“Hmm. I made a deal with the devil.” IQ said followed by a sinister laugh.

“What?”

“That’s all you need to know, my robotic friend.” IQ takes out a croissant shaped weapon and points it at Robotman.

“What’s that suppose to do huh?”

“It’s suppose to cool you off.” IQ responded. IQ pulls the trigger, a blue beam hits Robotman, encasing his whole body except for his head into a block of ice. “I bet you didn’t know that promethium isn’t resistant to low temperatures. I can shatter your whole body with a thought…….that’s exactly what I’ll do.” Robotman begins to shut down due to the cold temperature around him. IQ takes out his rod and hits the ice making it shatter everywhere. Robotman’s head collapses to the ground. “Good lord. This was way too easy. I killed the old man and now I destroyed the robot. Two down, three more to go.”

To Be Continued Duh….

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm really enjoying this tie in. I don't know much about the Doom Patrol however I've always liked them. Kinda weird. Nice seeing Robotman getting the focus in this issue and it's cool seeing him and IQ trading retorts. My only real problem is that some of the lines I read:

Robotman said with a smile. Shortly after, a blue energized whip wraps around Robotman's neck and pulls him back.

Sounded weird to my brain.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By waezi2

Nice.

"I should be able to handle you quickly. Machines are kinda my thing." IQ chuckled. "I'll make you my bi**h." That's the kind of thing I would make IQ say XD

@justthatkid: @joygirl:

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@johnny_blaze: There are not enough pastry item weapons these days :)

This a co-write with @waezi2 yes?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers