Dc Zombies: Born on a Monday

Comiccrazeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Comiccrazeraze

Grundy only wanted peace for the night. His mind was muddled and the screaming wouldn't stop. Grundy knew that people were hurt everyday in Gotham, the occasional scream was a testament to the constant violence. Grundy could handle the screams that echoed to his swamp... but the constant screaming was almost unbearable. Grundy could deal with unbearable, Grundy could even deal with annoying. His rotted and deadened mind could not handle the two.

Grundy shuffled out Slaughter Swamp... his swamp, all the rot and creatures respected his sovereign rule. He could see red dancing figures in the distance. He was reluctant to take another step forward, red dancing figures hurt Grundy and whatever Grundy didn't like he smashed or avoided. The flaming figures only latched onto Grundy and hurt more.

Grundy was in the middle of the city in no time, he would've never come this close to the red dancing figures but the screaming would not stop and Grundy needed it to. Grundy was not one who was new to destruction on a city wide scale, black bat and his little red boy always forced Grundy to flip a few cars and make a number of craters. Though the corpses were new, most of them were open... Grundy noticed finger and bite marks. One corpse had a smashed in cranium, Grundy paused staring at the deformed head, it brought back memories, of a blood stained voice and a chilled voice.

"Cyrus Gold does not accept failures, when you manage to pull a come back and pick up your grey matter. Make sure you never fail me again." Grundy shook his head,

"Man in suit go.... way." Grundy grumbled. Shuffling towards the closest screams Grundy could see other signs of life, to his surprise the men, women and even children, in their tattered clothes said nothing. They didn't even do the typical human thing and look twice at Grundy, they all seemed to just ignore him and continue on.

Another scream, though this time much closer, Grundy could now see the source of the screaming. A blonde woman, clutching a small bundle of something in her arms?

"Food?" Grundy shook his head "Baby... Mother", another memory arose,

"I'll be right back baby." A woman promised a young boy as she kissed him on the forehead. Disappearing, leaving the boy to suffer alone.

Many of the men and women whom ignored Grundy turned their attention to the woman and child, shuffling/running towards the pair. The woman screamed louder, attracting more. Grundy stood their watching floods of the tattered and bloody women surround the woman and child, a loud moan coming from the masses. The woman's eyes feel on Grundy and she screamed,

"HELP ME!! PLEASE HELP ME!" Something in her voice made Grundy move, his mind could not comprehend what but he did. Clenching his muscles, he loosed a deafening roar at the masses. Everything seemed to stop, the masses quite literally. Grundy charged forward as he grabbed handfuls of the men and women and chucked them to the side. They landed with numerous Snaps! and Crunches! Grundy got to the Woman as she was being dragged down by two men Grundy swatted one away and punched through another. Grundy scooped the woman up with one hand and stared at the still flailing, supposed to be dead man on his arm. Grundy flicked him off, though his brain could not comprehend why the same man still stood, a Grundy fist sized hole in his chest.

The masses were still trying to get at the woman as Grundy, propelled himself, the woman and her child outside of Gotham.

"Th..Thank you." The woman stammered as Grundy put her on wobbly legs. He grunted and started off. "WAIT!!" She screamed at him. Grundy stopped, "Please don't go. Please may we come with you?" Grundy looked over his shoulder, his yellow piercing eyes examining the frail woman and her now crying baby. He had no reason to bring them... the babies crying.... the woman's dependency.

"Company for Grundy?" The woman nodded her head. "Come.... with... Solomon Grundy."

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHRISTENED ON A TUESDAY

Comiccrazeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Comiccrazeraze

I figured its kinda short but let me know what you guys think!

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

So at times like these people learn what they really are like! Who knew Grundy had a conscience? Scratch that Grundy's always been like that. Interesting story, Grundy looking after two normal people should be interesting.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@comiccrazeraze: Not bad. I could go for a good scary story. Let me know when there's more :)

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#5  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

@comiccrazeraze Please @me when the next issue is out. This was really, really good. Possibly the most original DCZ story yet. Can't wait for more.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comiccrazeraze: Good work, something tells me you're setting us up for a tragic ending