DC Superman Year 1 Interview

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Durakken

>.> I was bored and decided to write this. I might write more within my own DC fan universe... I'd call it DCfU obviously :D but anyways I hope you enjoy this... or tell me what's wrong with it. It's supposed to be the Article that Clark Kent turns in to the Daily Planet to get his job.

A Word with the Superman

If you have looked up in the sky in the past few weeks you have seen a streak, a blur of blue and red, go by over head followed by a brisk wind traveling in the same direction. If you have turned on the TV, or read a newspaper, or spent any time with your head out of the clouds you will have heard accounts of a mysterious flying man. Some are calling him an angel, some, a god. Still others call him a superman, a word that the last time this world uttered it seriously we were faced with a war that ravaged the world. With such a name, and powers that are god-like, how can we not have some trepidation as to this supposed hero's purpose? Even still, if the man's goal is to be hero how can we not be alarmed by his mere presence? Any problem which requires the might of a god to fix must be catastrophic at the minimum. It seems with all his flash and the titles he has been given that his goals may be to make us afraid, to make us worry, to terrorize us, perhaps to the point of giving him the Earth and all her people to do with as he likes.

One can raise these questions and let them burn deep in their brain till it becomes unfathomable to imagine that this man is here for anything less. And while his flamboyant appearance does make him stand out and bring awareness to the tragedies that are happening around us and you could say that breed fear, after all, that is our natural instinct, it can also be said that those very same qualities are done to bring hope and awareness of danger so that we can protect ourselves. Surely this Superman has, what some call, god-like powers and they can be used to handle catastrophes we have all heard and seen Superman lending his abilities to even small children trying to save cats from trees. Because of this we cannot ascertain what his goals and purposes are without speaking directly with him.

The man has been, shall we say, unreachable since his first appearance according to every form of reporting known to man, however. Agencies of all sorts have been looking for some way to contact him and none have been successful... till now. During one of his many amazing feats of heroism, if you can call it that, I happened across I managed to ask him for an interview before he flew away, obviously off to some other person in need of aid. I didn't receive an answer immediately, but a few days later the man found me and agreed to sit down with me for an interview...

Clark Kent: Hello, Superman. Actually, what is your name? What is it you prefer I, we, call you?

Superman: I've heard people calling me that. I'm OK with calling me that. My name is Kal-El though.

CK: Kal-El? That's an odd name if you don't mind me saying. I've heard worse though.

SM: <he chuckled> I'm not from around here you might say... well, I am, but I'm not. It's hard to explain. I'm Kryptonian. Kryptonians use gestation pods... artificial wombs... when they have children. I was sent here while still in my pod and according to US law that makes me an American citizen and hopefully an Earthling.

CK: Are you saying you are like Goku from Dragon Ball Z?

SM: I guess you could say something like that. I wasn't hit in the head deactivating my mission to conquer the world, nor was that ever my goal, but Krypton was destroyed just as I was being sent to Earth according to what I have found out.

CK: Your home was destroyed? How long ago was this? Do you know where it was?

SM: I wouldn't exactly call it my home. Earth is my home. I know roughly where Krypton was, but it's not on any star chart in the astronomical charts. The ship didn't have a FTL drive, but it got close to the speed of light and so even though I only recently landed on Earth I left Krypton thousands of years ago.

CK: Why Eath? There must be hundreds, if not millions of other stars out there that contain life. Why not go somewhere closer to Krypton?

SM: The truth is I don't know. I only recently started finding out about who I am. Yes, I have a Kryptonian database and some technology, but I haven't begun to scratch the surface of what I need to learn to be more informed about those type things. I asked these types of questions myself when I began finding this out, but I couldn't find an answer in any place that said, “Kal-El this why we picked Earth.” Even if that file did exist it's in a database that... Imagine if you took a baby and you sent them to a deserted island with the entire internet as a database, leaving a computer and the power to run the computer for them to discover. Years later when the child learns of the computer and starts to explore this database, how much of it do you think they'd be able to read in their life time? And how much of that might be pertinent to who they are or why they were sent to that particular desert island?

CK: Your scientific knowledge is limited to what we on Earth know then? You don't know how you do what you do?

SM: Not exactly. Going back to that child on a deserted island with the internet database, they obviously have access to knowledge about the atom and a world map where as if there were to be a native tribe there they might not even know there was more to the world. The database is there and I have access to it, but I'm limited by how much I can learn, and my base point is whatever I have been able to learn here on Earth. As to how I do what I do... I know the cause, but not how it works... like how many people view modern technology. They press a button, the cause, and something happens. They don't know how it exactly happened, but they know them pressing a button was the cause.

CK: Would you be willing to allow scientists to look at the Kryptonian database or to study you?

SM: That is a double edged sword Clark. I would love for the world to have access to all that knowledge and find out exactly how I do what I do as you put it, but I think there are significant risks in exposing a culture to advanced knowledge and technology it is not ready for as shown by history. There is also the personal danger to me. There is every chance that people would rather see me dead if they couldn't copy my abilities and could find a weakness. Allowing myself to be studied would open that door and endanger not only me, but also those who I try to protect.

CK: I see. Superman, I want to thank you for your time and I don't want to keep you to long so I have one more question that I think everyone has on their mind. Why are you dressed liked that?

SM: As we've already discussed I'm a man, from Earth, but I also have a my Kryptonian heritage. I know enough about who my family was that I think that I would want to do them proud. This is the sort of garb that was popular on Krypton and the shield in front, I know it looks like an S, is my family's crest. I have also learned Kryptonian and this symbol means “hope.” So like my family to the people of Krypton I want to shine a beacon of hope to all the people of Earth.

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By thespideyguy

Cool

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By minigunman123

I read the entire thing, and it was pretty good! The DBZ reference was a bit odd, it kind of through me out of the moment, though.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Durakken

@minigunman123: Clark and Superman is a global guy and if he grew up in the modern age he'd know DBZ ^.^

poze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By poze

@Durakken: I like it but DB is inspired by Superman

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Durakken

@poze said:

@Durakken: I like it but DB is inspired by Superman

maybe, but supposedly I am presupposing that DB exists in this universe and thus couldn't be inspired by Superman ^.^

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2