Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

Continued from:

#1 http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/dc-sensational-ravan-1-1559009/

#2 http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/dc-sensational-ravan-2-1562268/#14

Chen Psychiatry, Bergen Square, Philadelphia

Ravan opened the door to Dr Chen’s and was bathed in a golden light that made him squint. He raised an arm readying for an attack the other gripping his kirpan, but nothing came. His eyes adjusted and he was standing in a field of long grass waving in the light breeze.

“What in Kali’s name?” he whispered as he looked around him. He seemed to be outside which was impossible as he was inside…wasn’t he? He rubbed his eyes for good measure but he was still in the field. Ravan grabbed a handful of grass and tasted it before spitting the earthen glob onto the ground. He noticed the only feature as far as the eye could see was a tree on a slight rise and a figure picking at it. Ravan drew his kirpan and headed towards them.

No Caption Provided

Gotham City

Merlyn scanned the skyline out of the window of the apartment he’d rented as he returned to looking over a table full of notes and photos. He hated Gotham with a passion. Mainly due to a cowled bat inspired vigilante but also as it was an ugly, angry, cold, cancerous city. Also a few days ago an apartment building blew up!* Merlyn looked at his phone; a timer was running ticking over to one hundred and sixty five hours.

“Cutting it close Fay,” he said as he studied the photos again.

Ravan crouched and looked at the figure picking fruit. He gripped his knife and stalked forward.

“I bid you welcome,” it said as the massive pig-bear like creature made itself known; its toned muscular body rippling in the sunshine. “Greetings Ravan.”

No Caption Provided

Ravan’s eyes widened as he dropped to his knees “O Kali”

Kali smiled and placed a hand upon his head “I charge you with a holy mission servant of mine.”

“Anything O Kali.” Ravan spoke to the ground attempting to become one with it.

“An epoch arises,” he grunted “During this cycle a woman of worth has been born. Her soul will delay the coming of the Kali Yuga by ten thousand years and begin to issue in the Golden Age that will stop the snake. You are to sacrifice this woman to me.”

“Yes Kali.” muttered Ravan.

Kali smiled “Rise.”

Ravan slowly crawled to his knees, his gaze firmly planted at the ground. “Yes Kali”

No Caption Provided

“See the image of the key to the Golden Age!” Kali waved his hand and a before them appeared an image of Kitrina Falcone. “Sacrifice her to me; prevent the snake from taking her.”

“Yes Kali.”

“If you fail…” Kali reached out, his hand enveloping Ravan’s head gripping tight.

Ravan bowed his head as he inhaled the dank scent of his god’s hand “I will not fail you O Kali!”

“Are you okay?”

Ravan looked around to see receptionist looking over him. Ravan sprung up to his feet and grabbed her by the throat, slamming her into the wall. “What did you do to me?”

Her eyes bulged as he lifted her up off the floor. She gasped and clawed at his arm.

“RAVAN!” yelled Dr Chen as he grabbed the young man’s arm “What are you doing?”

Ravan looked at his doctor and back at her, his forehead covered in sweat, eyes on the verge of exploding in tears. “I…I don’t know.” He released her and shuffled back looking at his hands. He was in Dr Chen’s office…he didn’t know what had happened.

“I’m going to have to ask you to leave Ravan,” said Dr Chin firmly but calmly as he helped her to her feet. “I have a no violence policy which you’ve violated by attacking my staff.”

Ravan looked at the girl with the pink hair as she gasped for breath. “I…I…I am truly sorry.” He bowed deeply. “I am sorry for my behaviour.”

“Just get out!” she seethed like an emphysema patient looking the assassin in the eye. Ravan tired to speak but it was in vain so he simply turned and left.

No Caption Provided

Merlyn looked at his phone; a picture of Spellbinder looking shocked came up with the name Fay Moffit under it. He smiled as he answered “Ah hello?”

“It’s done.”

“What did you say?”

“I said it’s done!”

“You sound like you’ve got a cold Fay,” mocked Merlyn.

“He nearly killed me!” she hissed.

-Would’ve saved the trouble- Merlyn thought as he held up the picture of Ravan “So he’s in Gotham?”

“He’s on his way.”

“Now you did follow my instructions?”

“I did everything like you said.”

“Speak up.”

“I DID EVERYTHING LIKE YOU SAID!” came the dull roar.

“You better have Fay, otherwise…” Merlyn paused and then hung up. He promptly dropped the phone into an ice bucket. Merlyn opened up a laptop and clicked through to a page labelled Rozakis & Grell Shipping. After a few more clicks, codes, and passwords a screen opened up with a video feed.

“Hello Arthur,” said the Calculator “Placing a bet this week?”

“Tell your Gotham client the target will be dead within the week,” said Merlyn as he grabbed up the newspaper.

“I shall.”

“Now what are your odd for the Thunder and the Bullets?”

Calculator smiled as he tapped away at the keyboard, “Star City Thunder versus Fawcett City Bullets at the Thunderdome, well…”

Philadelphia International Airport, Departure terminal

Ravan picked up the payphone and dialled a number, punched in some numbers and patiently waited.

No Caption Provided

“Sorry to keep you Ravan, what can I do for my favourite passive aggressive Brit?”

Ravan paused and thought deeply before responding “I am need of assistance.”

“You were flat broke when we last spoke and…after a quick check you’ve got about forty seven dollars to your name.”

“Kali give me strength…” Ravan tapped the receiver to his forehead before returning to the call “I…please.”

Calculator ran his tongue over his teeth and rolled his eyes as he sat at his bank of computers “I’m not a charity you know. I did you a solid back on the Zesti mission…”**

“And I paid that in full with interest!”

“I get that, I do but…”

“Kali has charge me with a holy mission.”

Calculator pressed the mute button as he guffawed. He exhaled regaining his composure. “What has that got to do with me?”

“If you do not hel…”

“Let me stop you there. If you’re going to threaten me, I’ll cut ties and send you adrift, hell I’ll make your life a nightmare worse than you can ever imagine.”

Ravan smiled “I believe you Calculator. I was going to say if you do not help me, I understand and I will make my own arrangements. I have burdened you with enough of my problems.”

Calculator gritted his teeth as he pondered the situation he’d created from his keyboard; selling Ravan’s information to Merlyn who was on the other line waiting to put on some sports bets.

“What do you need?” sighed Calculator.

“A plane ticket to Gotham as quick as you can along with a way to travel carrying a knife.”

To be continued….

* http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/dc-sensational-gotham-city-sirens-1-1559088/#9

** http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/dc-mayhem-the-saga-of-ravan-chapter-3-713686/

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By dngn4774
No Caption Provided

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#3  Edited By cbishop

Excellent. Small items:

1. I thought Kali was female. Is it one of those either/or deities?
  2. I would have thought it would be the Fawcett City Thunder vs the Star City Arrows. :)
  3. I like Merlyn's view of Gotham
  4. Added to my FF Long Box - Groups. :)
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: 1) The Kali Yuga is a cycle and involves the demongod Kali who is different to the multi-armed goddess of destruction Kali. They are similar but different

2) The Thunder and the Bullets are existing DC basketball teams, along with the Monarchs and the Gators mentioned in previous chapters http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_sports_teams

3) Merlyn calls it like he sees it and honestly Gotham is a pretty bleak place.

4) Cool! :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cbishop

@batkevin74: 1-2) I see. 3) I just liked Merlyn's take, because it paints him as a practical hitman. i.e. Don't go to Gotham because Batman is there. :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By batkevin74

@cbishop: Robbing banks in Metropolis, crime in general in Gotham, robbing museums in Hawkman's home town or throwing trash in the ocean ALL things that will get a superhero to punch you in the face!

And yes Merlyn is very practical :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: ...and...whatever it is that pisses Wonder Woman off.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: She use to be based in Boston but I don't know where WW hangs out anymore

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: She's kind of been all over. During the Diana Prince years, I think she was in New York and Washington D.C. A couple of series ago, she had her own city in Gate City. Now I don't really know. I haven't paid attention to whether they've named the city her apartment is in, in the New 52 series. The creative team is changing in a couple of months though, so it could change altogether.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By batkevin74

@cbishop: I've only flicked through the new 52 stuff of hers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers