DC Re-Imagined - The Spectre: Introduction

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AweSam

I wrote a short introduction for my upcoming Spectre story. The introduction's a bit weird to me, but it will get better in the first chapter. Tell me what you think.

Spectre: Introduction

“You have done wrong. What do you have to say for yourself?”

“I've made a mistake, but I am not at fault! Release me.” The Spectre pleaded.

The shackles were pressed against his white skin. His long green cape resisted the rattling chains which restrained him.

“You have abused the power given to you. You have doubted and betrayed our creator. For your sin, you shall face death.”

“Hold on, just one second. Don’t you think you’re going a little hard on him?” A blond suited man said, slowly walking into the divine ray of light which shined upon the Spectre.

“Lucifer. How dare you show your face here? Do you wish to die as well?” Michael said, emerging from the light.

“Please, you wouldn’t fight me here. I come with a proposal, brother.”

“A proposal? You truly have gone mad.” Said Michael.

“Little Spectre made a small mistake. I ask that you hear me out.”

“Small?” Michael asked. “He ignored his duties and decided to exploit his powers for his own pleasures.”

“Sure, but you forget, he’s bound by human emotion. You know how fragile and weak those creatures are.” Lucifer said.

“That may be so, but he must be punished.”

“That’s where my proposal comes in. You’ve asked me and even attempted to force me to come in and go on trial. In exchange for Spectre’s freedom, I offer myself as your prisoner.”

“What? Do you take me for a fool? You would nev...”

“I wasn’t finished.” Lucifer interrupts. “Spectre will be given six months to redeem himself. If he goes down the wrong path again, then I’m all yours. But... if he doesn’t, then you have to guarantee his freedom.”

“Why would you care about his freedom?”

“That’s not important.” Lucifer said.

“And how do I know you will play by the rules?” Michael asked.

“We’ll make a contract on HIS name.”

“So be it, but I just have a few conditions condition. Spectre must not be aware of this agreement. For this to be true, I will rid him of his memories. He will also be bound to a mortal vessel. He must discover who he is and what his duties are, in the form of a human. You may guide him, Lucifer, but you may not carry out this task for him.” Michael declares.

“Very well.”

“Wait, you can’t do this to me!” The Spectre yelled.

“Spectre. From this day forward, you shall live the life of a human. Your memories will be taken from you. You must find the path that was chosen for you. If you do not, you shall cease to exist. Although you will have no memories of your powers either, you will still retain most of them.”

“Don’t disappoint me.” Said Lucifer as he vanished into the shadows.

“Wait, Michael, don’t do this!”

“Silence! It has been decided. Be gone!” Michael said, raising his hand creating an intense blinding light.

-Later on-

A man remained lying still on the hard sidewalk. His eyes began to open as he realized where he was. He rose and glanced around the area.

“Where am I?” He said, looking at him hands. “Who am I?”

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#2  Edited By TheCannon

Nice work. I have to get a move on with Batman.

Not sure if you saw this yet.

GR2Blackout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 63

#3  Edited By GR2Blackout

Nice.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#4  Edited By TheCannon

Bump.

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By CapFanboy

@AweSam: Nice!

Avatar image for darth_brendroid
darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By darth_brendroid

I really like this. It's very dialogue-heavy, but I like how you managed each character's dialogue. I'm particularly interested in where this could go.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By AweSam

@darth_brendroid said:

I really like this. It's very dialogue-heavy, but I like how you managed each character's dialogue. I'm particularly interested in where this could go.

Thanks. Yeah, the introduction was meant to be mostly dialogue. I'll probably release the first chapter today.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By batkevin74

@AweSam: When the Devil and God place dice with your life...poor old Spectre being made a pawn and my guess is at the end, Lucifer comes out smelling like a rose. Good story, great dialog