Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TommytheHitman

Rated M

Faster Then Lightning Part 2

By the way if you haven't read issue 0 then you probably won't know what's going on here. So here's the link! http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/dc-re-imagined-the-flash-0/755429/#4

Jay Garrick opened his eyes, and thought for a moment. He couldn't remember anything, not even his name. He found himself floating in mid air and as he looked at his hands he saw that they weren't... all there.

"I thought we'd never meet" said a strange emotionless voice, Jay looked around and found himself facing a glowing, omnipotent being. Jay struggled to remember, he could vaguely remember how to speak and seemed to stammer it "I..." he started before he raised his head in pain, he remembered everything. His life, his powers everything even his death at the hands of a man wearing a costume just like his, except sleeker and smoother. The being raised him upwards with some weird form of Telekinesis,

"Why am I here?", the being stared deep into Jay's soul and boomed

"I am called the Speed Force, you created me when you were first struck by that bolt of lightning 7 years ago. Think of this place as a Valhalla for speedsters. Now in a minute you're going to make a choice." Jay frowned "What choice?"

The Speed Force appeared to smile "You actually have multiple choices, you get to choose your new apprentice and you can choose between taking responsibility for training them or go straight to Valhalla." Jay lowered his head to think for a few seconds. The Speed Force remained silent for all that time as a silent witness, Jay eventually raised his head and simply said "I'll take the responsibility for the apprentice, but I just want to know... do I still get to go the Valhalla?" Jay got no answer as the strange colorless world and the Speed Force evaporated into nothingness.

-----

Barry Allen was late. Again, he held his phone away from his ear as he heard his girlfriend Iris West screaming from the other side, it didn't help much.

"LATE?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE?!" Iris screamed from the phone, Barry was getting weird looks from passersby and he suddenly began to question the relationship he was currently in.

"Look I'm sorry Iris, something big came up. I'm... I'm going through a tunnel!" Barry mumbled.

"Don't lie to me Allen! I know you don't have a car!" Barry turned off the phone and turned into the apartment building that used to count Jay Garrick AKA The Flash as one of it's residents. Barry walked into a KCPD officer guarding the stairs,

"What's the problem?" asked Barry.

"An old woman called it in a few hours ago, claims she heard the screams and phoned for noise obstruction. We sent an officer round after the 5th time of her phoning up. He walks in and BAM there's Garrick lying on the floor dead." Barry said nothing and walked up the stairs, after a few hefty trips of walking up the stairs searching for the right room he saw another officer stood outside the door as several investigators walked out clearly done for the day.

"Hey!" shouted Barry, "Where the hell are you guys going?!" One of the investigators stopped and smile acting as if everything was normal "We're done for the day. Was probably a junkie or something, doesn't matter anyway he's a vigilante. Probably one of his rogues or whatever they're called." Barry shoved past him and started to search the area for clues, the investigator stood at the door "Hey what are you doing? Did you not just listen to what I said?"

Barry crouched over the lifeless Jay's body "He may be a vigilante but he's still a hero. He's saved hundreds of lives since he first appeared and I'm not going to run off half cocked because he's not a cop!" Barry turned his head to continue searching the body as the investigators and officers walked away.

-----

Jay Garrick watched in some strange spectral form as the officers left the building, he tried to roll his eyes but found that such movements were currently beyond him. He suddenly missed rolling his eyes, being a dead man sucked. (See what I did there?) He floated through multiple floors back to his apartment and was surprised to find a strange blond haired investigator prodding his body.

"Hmm." Jay muttered aloud since apparently nobody could hear him "he could be the one..."

Jay shouted the sky "Okay! I've made my decision! It's this guy!" Jay stared into the sky waiting for something to happen, nothing did. Jay muttered under his breath "well screw you i'll figure it out myself." Jay floated around the blond guy for a minute or two trying to do something, anything. After a further 5 minutes of constant cursing Jay found himself being visited by the Speed Force.

"I was hoping you'd be able to figure it out yourself. Tell me why did you choose a lightning bolt as your symbol?"

Jay shrugged and bluntly said "I guess I thought it looked cool." The Speed Force started to laugh

"Well, I guess that's as good a reason as any. I'll do all the work for you then. Hope you're not afraid of heights." Jay looked puzzled for a few seconds as the Speed Force vanished back to where ever it came from. Any questions he might have asked were answered a few seconds later. He felt a sudden jerk as his body was pulled up through the ceiling and into the lower atmosphere. He then felt a powerful jerk downwards as he started to plummet back to the city below.

----

Barry raised his head, he'd never been a fan of loud noises but the strange thing was it sounded like thunder outside even though it was still sunny out. He moved towards the window and looked out as he saw a lightning bolt heading straight for him. He instantly jumped away from the window and headed for the door, of course he was trying to out run lightning so that wasn't going to end well. Out of the corner of his eye he saw a bright light dash straight through the window and braced himself for a lot of pain. He felt the bolt run straight through his back and screamed in pain, through the agony he couldn't help but think

"This doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would" he fell to the floor and threw up, he felt like he was being hit over and over again with static shocks, he heard a humming in his head and then a strange voice which murmured

"Wow, your life's more messed up then mine was." Barry leaped in shock and wasn't sure if the bolt had given him brain damage or something like that. However that was the least of his surprise as he found himself wearing a bright red and yellow costume...

To be continued...

Okay so I hope you enjoyed this issue I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Okay I hope there were a few shockers in there for you like Jay not being dead, sort of and please don't threaten me over how I wrote Iris, she didn't even fully appear so... yeah.

Be sure to try out the rest of DC Re-Imagined and feel free to try out my standalone Deathstroke book I wrote!

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/dc-re-imagined-revived-library/752564/#21

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/deathstrokes-pied-1/755755/#7

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TommytheHitman

Be sure to tell me what you think!

ekrolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ekrolo

Please seperate dialogue from everything else. The whole issue feels like a jumbled mess and its kinda hard to read it.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TommytheHitman

@ekrolo: Okay I've tried my best, to make it better.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By dngn4774

I'm not sure what happened with Jay in that issue. I know he's technically isn't dead but did he somehow use the speed force to fuse with Barry?

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers