Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By waezi2

City National Bank, Los Angeles...

"2 minutes and 34.12 seconds too slow."

"We got the money. That's all that maters."

"Wrong. Look!"

Clock King an Devil Ray had just left the bank, as Blue Devil and Black Lightning could be seen at the en of the street, coming after them.

"Damn! How long do we have?"

"9 minute and 41.57 seconds." Clock King replied. "Shoot the fire hydrant on my signal... NOW!"

Devil Ray fired off one of his low-level explosive bullets at the hydrant, which resulted in Black Lighting getting soaked as he was charging up electricity. The shock made him drop to the ground, which confused his blue-skinned partner long enough to give Clock King and Devil Ray a head-start. After Devil Ray had thrown a few smoke grenades to create chaos on the street, they ran to, oddly enough; a instrument shop. As they got there, Blue Devil had finally caught up to them.

"Man, you actually thought you could get away?" He said, as he cracked his knuckles.

"Yes." Devil Ray simply replied.

KROOOOM!

A flashing light blinded Blue Devil for a second, and the villains were gone.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Welcome back." A HIVE drone stood ready at the Zeta-Beam station, greeting Clock King and Devil Ray. "Money, please."

Devil Ray handed the drone the bag full of money from the bank heist.

"Thank you, gentlemen. You will later today receive the 65 percent that is yours."

"Wait a... 65? I thought we only had to pay 20% of the loot?" Devil Ray said.

"Yes, but the use of zeta-beam coast additionally 15%"

"Why, you..." Devil Ray were close at loading his special-designed gun, until Clock King reminded him, that doing so would not only get them thrown out, it would also most likely get them killed. Also, 65%, and not having to fight Blue Devil was still an all in all good deal.

Meanwhile...

"... And at the moment, we have 21 meta-criminals paying us for their stay here. 17 of them are using our zeta-beam station, where they pay us additionally 15%" Dahrk gave Queen Bee the folder with the Legions progress. "In other words; business is going well."

"Good. Any trouble?"

"Well, Condiment King started a fight with some of the drones, but... well, we made an example out of him, if you get my drift."

"Good..."

"Also... Um..."

"Yezzzz?"

"Well, Kobra had no interest in joining up."

"... WHAT?"

"Roulette and Merlyn had tried to recruit him, but he declined. Rather rudely, I've been told."

"Get him on the telezzzcreen!"

"Already have him, your highness." Darhk pressed a button on the desk, as Kobra's face appeared on the wall.

"Hello, Zazzala." He said, rather uninterested.

"Are you aware of what you are zzzaying no to, Burr?"

"Yes, Roulette explained your new little club for me. It's cute." Kobra made a cocky smile.

"I'm a merzzziful woman" Darhk knew that this was a lie "ZZZo I will give you the chance to beg for forgivenezzz, and I will let you in!"

"Oh, you didn't understand that I have no interest in workin with you. Well, let me try another way: take our offer, and show it up in your pompous..."

Darhk turned the screen off. His employer looked furious. He knew too well that she did not like it when someone questioned her authority.

"... Call in the inner zzzircle!"

Later...

"Is it really a problem?" Merlyn asked, as he was more interested in studying an arrow.

"We can't have every single crook in the country right away." Polaris pointed out. "It's too early. It's actually surprising how fast we are growing."

"It'zzz a direct challenge to my authority!" Queen Bee said furiously, slamming her fist on the table. "He izzzzn't a 'crook', Polarizzz. He izz a potential rival!"

"Don't worry!" IQ said. "I will take care of him! I already have an idea for a gigantic flame-throwing..."

"Please, STOP right there IQ." Roulette said. "Whatever idea you have, it's not going to be one we use."

"But..." IQ made a sad frown.

"No buts, IQ. This is business, something you just dont get. Queen Bee, I agree with you. Kobra could be bad business for us. He is the first big guy to decline us, so we have to take care of it. But killing him is not the answer. We need to utterly destroy him!" Roulette smiled. "And I know just what to do."

To be continued...

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Good issue. Looking forward to seeing the Legion deal with Kobra.

It's Kobra with a K by the way. No idea why they spell it like that in the comics but whatever.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@waezi2: Hmm interesting. It's just a pity that I'm Marvel focused because then I could get in on this action. Nice piece BTW

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Damn, I missed one. Well, it's fixed now. And I actually never fought about why it was with K, since that's how you spell it in my country.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@waezi2: You spelt thought wrong :-)

iconrocket123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Boss!! I love how Zazzala is getting treated. She really is a queen in her own right....perfect issue

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By redleader1

Good issue. Looking forward to seeing kobra since I have a very limited knowledge of them.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

It's going to suck to be Kobra.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: You spelt thought wrong :-)

I'm Danish, so my grammar sucks;)

@waezi2: Hmm interesting. It's just a pity that I'm Marvel focused because then I could get in on this action. Nice piece BTW

Thanks. Are you saying I shouldn't tag you?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Not saying that at all just saying that I do my best writing about villains but the fact that I don't know DC very well prevents me taking part

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good issue. Looking forward to seeing the Legion deal with Kobra.

It's Kobra with a K by the way. No idea why they spell it like that in the comics but whatever.

Maybe Kobra is from Denmark? :P