DC Re-Created: Green Arrow #9

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TommytheHitman

Ivy City, 1 day before Green Arrow's encounter with the Atom.

Greta Hayes shivered as she silently closed the cupboard door partially. The cold bright light from her apartment's hallway peeked beneath her bedroom door and lit up her otherwise dark room.

"Greta? Where are you?"

Greta held her breath as she heard footsteps outside the door to her room and listened carefully for the sound of her brother entering. Sure enough after a few seconds the door creaked open.

"She's not here." Another voice said calmly. This one was female and Greta didn't recognize it.

"She's here..." Billy Hayes growled as he stepped into the room. "Somewhere..." Greta heard a crash as Billy kicked a chair over. "I can smell her..." He said as he checked beneath Greta's bed.

"Well take your time." The woman replied with a slight giggle. "We have ALL night!" She replied sarcastically.

Billy glanced towards the cupboard and smiled. "We don't need all night." He muttered as he pulled the door open.

"Billy... please don't hurt me." Greta said quietly as she backed against the wall staring into her brother's eyes. She screamed as Billy grabbed her by the wrist and dragged her out. "BILLY! NO!!" Greta yelled as she fell to the floor kicking and screaming. Her nails dug into the floorboard as Billy grabbed her leg and tried to pull her into the hallway. Billy sighed and effortlessly picked Greta up and tossed her over his shoulder.

"You're certain this will work?" Billy asked as he stepped into the hallway. Greta was still struggling on his shoulder..

"Positive." The woman replied. She was wearing a red outfit with a thirsty look in her eyes. For a moment Greta thought she saw a flash of red. "You have the mirror ready?" She asked with a slight smile. Greta struggled once more only for the woman to stare deeply into her eyes causing her to go limp. Billy glanced at his sister for a second.

"Of course. It's in the Bathroom."

"Then please... take us there." The woman said with a mock smile. Billy nodded and lead them down the hallway. "Sit her down." The woman said as Billy kicked the door in. Greta felt herself being placed on the side of the bathtub staring directly into the bathroom mirror. Her eyes twitched to look away however she couldn't take her eyes completely off the mirror. "What time is it?" The woman asked with a playful sigh. Billy glanced at his watch.

"2:57."

"3 minutes left..." She groaned. "Tell me... what makes you so willing to sacrifice your sister?"

Billy was quiet for a moment. "I have been... watching the TV recently. Mostly the News... and I've seen all these Superhumans appearing. People like The Atom and The Flash... and I've also seen the people that they fight. Dwarfstar and Captain Cold. I want to be like the latter. I want to be the Greatest Super Villain on the planet."

"So that's why you came to me." The woman said with a smile. Billy nodded. "Perfect."

Beep!

Billy glanced down as his watch beeped. It was time.

"You're certain you want this?" The woman asked.

"Yes."

"Good. Otherwise you would've wasted my time." She turned to Greta. "Say the words."

Greta felt her mouth moving as she stared into the mirror.

"Blood... bloody Mary." Greta said quietly. The room filled with light as Greta collapsed to the ground. Mary smiled slightly as the light bombarded into Billy's chest, he started to laugh.

"My work's done." Mary said as she stepped out of the room. Billy's laughter still filled her ears.

2 Days Later, Still Ivy City, I had to pay Atom Kill back somehow and this is it.... by writing stuff in his city. Shut up.

"HUD. Scan for nearby crimes."

The goggles turned bright orange as they scanned the Police Frequency. A few seconds later text appeared on screen.

"Closest Crime in Progress. Car Chase. Suspect known as Maxwell Jones AKA The Green Vulture. Has stolen over a million from the Ivy City Bank. Current Destination... directly below you."

Green Arrow smiled as he saw a Bright Green Car fly through the streets below, a police car was right on its tail.

"It's like he's trying to hide or something." Mia Dearden muttered as Green Arrow noticed the giant black V on the hood of the car. Green Arrow chuckled as he leaped across on an alleyway and prepared his bow for firing.

"Everyone thinks they're part of the Big Leagues now." Green Arrow said as he aimed his bow at the Green Car. He took a deep breath as his finger pulled back on the string.

FWIP!

"Holy Crap Ollie." Mia muttered as she watched the car tumble through the air before landing on it's side in the middle of a fountain. "You've got to tell me what happened on that Island someday."

"Not likely." Green Arrow said with a smile as he fired a grapple arrow to the street below. He zipped down next to the crashed car. "Everyone please stay back!" Arrow yelled to the nearby crowd. "I'll deal with this!"

"Oh thank god, it's Hawkeye!" A voice from the crowd yelled. Green Arrow sighed as he ignored him. He walked to the car door cautiously with his bow extended. He slowly reached his hand forward towards the driver door before jumping back as it clanked to the ground.

"Where the hell is he?!" Mia said in surprise as she noticed the driver seat was empty.

KLICK!

"Oh." Mia muttered as Green Arrow turned around to see a man wearing a bird mask holding a pistol to the side of a Bank Teller's head. "The HUD didn't say anything about a hostage..." Mia sighed. "Gonna have to work out that kink." She groaned.

"At least it's not a COMPLETE failure." Arrow whispered as he calmly placed his bow to the floor. The Green Vulture stared at him in surprise.

"You can't stop the Green Vulture!" He said loudly. "I am the Ultimate Criminal!"

"I bet you are." Green Arrow said with a slight smile. "And the Ultimate Criminal would know it's better to not kill innocent civilians right?"

"Wrong!" Vulture yelled angrily. His hand tightened around the pistol. "Let me go or I'll kill the teller!" He snarled. Green Arrow had to try not to laugh at the beak.

"Look..." Arrow said calmly. "If you kill him you'll just get in more trouble then you're already in... so why don't you-"

"Nobody tells me what to do!" The Green Vulture yelled angrily. "Nobody!" Green Arrow watched as the Vulture's trigger finger tensed up and quickly grabbed his crossbow from his quiver.

TIK!

The Green Vulture screamed in pain as the Crossbow Bolt stabbed into his finger cutting through it. Before he could react Green Arrow had already shoved the hostage aside and smashed his fist into the Vulture's face knocking him to the floor and cracking his mask.

"Never was a fan of Poaching..." Green Arrow muttered as he offered his hand to the Bank Teller. "Are you okay?" He asked as he helped him up.

"Yeah... yes..." The Teller gasped. "Thank you for saving me.." He said.

"No problem." Green Arrow said with a smile. "Can someone call a Ambulance for Bird Boy over here?" He asked as he picked his bow up off the floor.

"Who are you?" The Teller asked as Green Arrow fired a grapple arrow to a nearby rooftop.

"You can call me... the Green Lantern."

No Caption Provided

"New suit, new armaments... you're more public now. Ollie you're going to have to tell me why you spent Two Thousand Dollars on your new Equipment."

Oliver smiled as he sat down on the edge of the rooftop. The city below beamed up at him and he couldn't help but enjoy the view. Ivy City was no Star City... yet it was still a decent place to be. Ollie placed a bag of Sandwiches to his side and pulled one out.

"I don't know if you'd noticed recently Mia... but I've encountered some heavy players recently. People like Deathstroke who can kick my ass with one hand tied behind their back... and yesterday someone like that Lobo freak that can kill me with their pinkie."

"So?"

"So I figured I'd better get with the game. What use is Kevlar when your enemy can crush Concrete with their bare hands? What use is an Arrow when someone like Cyborg is bulletproof?"

"I think I get what you mean."

"So I traded the Heavy Kevlar for light armor that allows me greater mobility... and the reason I came to Ivy in the first place is to try out some of those... Gadgets that STAR Labs have been creating recently."

"Which is why you called the Board Meeting?"

"Exactly. I'm hoping to have Queen and STAR start to work together more... maybe get some of those other Companies in on the deal as well... try to make the World a better place instead of-"

"You put a lot of thought into this conversation didn't you?" Mia asked through the Com.

"Sure did. Anyway... I guess what I'm trying to say is... Merlyn was wrong when he said 'A simple arrow can solve all problems'..."

"Who's Merlyn?"

"Someone I used to know."

Somewhere Else...

POOF!

"Where... where am I?" Greta said slowly as she stood up. The ground beneath her was rocky and she could hear a hum in her ear. Slowly she looked around at the pitch blackness around her. "What happened?" She asked.

"What happened?" A deep voice responded. "Injustice happened... Greta Hayes for what has transpired to you in the Mortal Realm I am sorry."

"Who are you?" Greta asked as she stared into the blackness. Slowly a figure appeared in the blackness before eventually a blue figure appeared on the rock in front of Greta.

"My name... is Rama Kushna. I am the Ruler over the scale of Balance... and Karma if you believe in that sort of thing."

No Caption Provided

"Not really..."

"Hmm. Everyone to their own I suppose. Now... I'm here to make you an offer." Rama said with a slight smile.

"What sort of offer?" Greta asked with a flicker of curiosity.

"How would you like to get revenge on the people that killed you?"

Greta smiled.

No Caption Provided

"Let's talk." She said as she sat down on the rock.

To be continued...

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

AWESOME!
Thanks for the references, too, lol.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TommytheHitman
Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Great read, and not surprised that it is.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I'm loving Green Arrow.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By waezi2
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Don't wanna mess with him now!

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Great read. Can't wait for the next issue.