Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TommytheHitman

DC Re-Created: Deathstroke #3

Heartless Part Two

Edits made by: @dngn4774

Star City...

BRAKABRAKABRAKABRAKABRAKA!!!!!!!!

"Crud." Green Arrow muttered as he dived behind a car for cover. The gunfire sprayed where he'd been standing as the several terrorists opened fire with their assault rifles. "Mia. I could use some help here!" He yelled as the bullets sprayed into the side of the car. There was no reply. "MIA?!" Ollie yelled. He glanced around to see his ear piece lying on the floor a few meters away. "Goddamn it..." Ollie muttered as he readied his bow.

KLICK!

Ollie straightened up as he felt the cold metal of a rifle push up against the back of his neck.

"If you move, you die!" One of the Vlatvian Terrorists yelled in their poorly constructed English. Ollie raised his hands over his head in a sign of surrender. "Stand up! Move!" Ollie slowly raised himself up off the floor and glanced around. The other terrorists were keeping their weapons trained on his body.

"<Which one is that one?>" One of the terrorists asked in their native tongue. One of the terrorists nudged Ollie along as he stepped towards the destroyed ambulance.

"<One of the ones with powers?>" Another said.

"Wish I had some freaking super powers..." Ollie thought to himself as the group of terrorists surrounded him.

"I'd cover my ears if I were you." A female voice said. Half a second later a terrible sound filled the air.

SKKKKREEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ollie jumped to the ground as all the terrorists yelled in pain. Blood dripped from their ears as they collapsed onto the ground.

"For a superhero you really do need to be saved a lot."

Ollie peeked his eye open to see the woman from before staring down at him.

"Well to be fair it's been a pretty crappy day for me..." Green Arrow muttered as Black Canary helped him up from the ground.

No Caption Provided

Star City, Copplepot Warehouse #05

FWIP! FWIP! FWIP!

Three shots fired. Three bodies collapsed on the floor. Each one with an arrow through the skull. Roy Harper frowned as he stepped down from the table he'd landed on.

"Good work Agent Harper." The voice of Amanda Waller said through Roy's head set. "Gangland violence in Star has decreased almost 15% since you first arrived."

"The pleasure is all mine ma'am." Roy muttered as he scanned around the area. "Searching for the weapon now."

"Roy?" The voice of Mia Dearden said suddenly. "Who are you talking to?"

Roy paused for a second in surprise. "Sorry Mia just in the middle of a game of Starwarriors. Using my headset for the game chat."

Roy started to scan around quickly as he noticed a panel on the side of the wall. He walked over and glanced at it for a second.

"What are you doing?" Mia asked. Roy opened his mouth to answer only to hear the noise of a scuffling behind him.

"Please!" One of the Falcone's gang yelled as he raised his hands in the air. "I surre-"

FWIP!

"Busy unclogging my toilet..." Roy muttered as he turned back towards the panel. He pressed it with his glove and stepped back in surprise.

"Well get to Q-Corp straight away. Ollie's got some news for us."

"Yes Ma'am..." Roy muttered as he stared at the tiny glowing body lying before him.

No Caption Provided

Meanwhile...

A swarm of projectiles darted through the streets of Star City, marking the start of the chase. On one side of the bulletstorm was Grant Wilson, better known as Deathstroke the Terminator, mounted atop his newly procured motorcycle. Further away where his targets, a group of Vlatavian terrorists led by the infamous Count Vertigo.

After several shots Grant had finally managed to take out one of the truck's rear tires. When he moved in close behind the vehicle he noticed that a cone of golden waves had begun to drown out his senses.

"Keeeepppp Yooouurrreeee Distaaannnnccceee!!!!!!!" Peabody warned, but his voice was already rendered into incomprehensible low-pitched echoes.

As the images that surrounded the cone collaged themselves into one muddy rainbow, Deathstroke honed in on the orange sparks from the blown out tire to track his prey.

"<He's still on us!>" One of the militants muttered.

CHK!--CHK!

Another terrorist in the back loaded a fresh magazine into his sub machine gun and aimed for the assassin.

Wilson saw small specs of color jetting through the cone so he instinctively blocked them with his blade...

PING!PING!PING!PING!PING!PING!PING!

...and swerved away from the cone.

"<Impossible!>" The driver cried in astonishment, whilst the Count smiled with intrigue.

As the illusion broke Grant immediately recognized that they were back in Oldtown and zigzagged through the cars in the opposite lane.

"Let's see how he handles this," Vertigo muttered. He extended an arm past the driver and placed another hand on his temple. The gold cone formed again, this time targeting the drivers in the opposite lane. As he remotely steered two cars into each other the collision grew into a much larger crash.

The debris of the crash forced Deathstroke out of the street as the truck turned corners.

"Sh*t!" Wilson sighed, "I can still catch them."

"GRANT! You have to abort!" Alex shouted through Deathstroke's ears. "The danger zone's too hot! Who knows what kind of attention we've already attracted?!"

Grant Wilson frowned beneath his mask. His hands tightened around the motorcycle as he zoomed around the street.

"Already attracted enough Peabody!" Grant yelled over the hum of the cycle. "Robin Hood and the pinup model have already been dealt with. How much worse could it get?"

Peabody sighed. "I've got a lock on the heart. Looks to be on the move again, a block or two away from where you are now."

"Time for a shortcut,"Grant chuckled. He pivoted onto the street and glide through the ground floor of a parking garage. He could make out the black truck in the distance. "Payday here I co-"

BLAM!

Grant grunted in pain as he was knocked off the bike and thrown back into a the car park. His bike lay smashed to pieces on the ground. Slowly Grant looked up as a large figure reloaded his shotgun.

Wilson clutch his chest, wheezing on the floor. "Peabody...?" Grant groaned. "Could use a little info here..." He muttered as he looked at the shambling corpse towering over him. "I think things just got worse."

"Murderer. Father Time is most annoyed with you."

No Caption Provided

"What is this costumed freak day?" Grant asked as he slowly stood up off the ground. "First the archer... then you... and there's me... who's next? Green Lantern?"

Frankenstein's Monster frowned. His sword glistened in the sunlight and the different portions of skin looked almost sickening. One shoulder was larger then the other. One half of his head was Caucasian, the other half Asian. If Grant hadn't seen worse he would have thrown up.

"Might wanna be careful here Grant. This guy's an agent of SHADE. If I were you I'd suggest staying back an-"

Grant ignored Peabody as he pulled his katana out of its sheath. He jumped towards Frankenstein only to be effortlessly swatted away with the brunt of his giant sword.

Grant rolled to the floor and backed away. "Your file claims you have access to over 90% of your brain."

"Yeah..." Grant wheezed as he pulled his pistols out of their holsters. "What about it?"

"I was under the impression you would offer more of a challenge." Frankenstein said as he walked slowly towards Grant. "I must admit I'm very disappointed."

"Well to be fair I've had a rather crappy day..." Grant moaned as he reconnected his right arm back into place. He pulled a grenade off of his waist and lobbed it into Frankenstein's chest.

BOOM!

As the dust cleared Frankenstein stepped out. None the worse for wear.

"EXTREMELY disappointed." Frankenstein corrected. He gritted his teeth angrily and charged into Deathstroke's line of fire, smacking the pistols from his hands. With a strong uppercut he propelled Wilson to the top floor of the garage. The monster leaped upward and walked over the assassin. Grant springflipped in front of the Agent and struck his opponent several times, each hit seeming to to less damage than the last.

With the final strike Frankenstein smiled as he caught Deathstroke by the arm. After a brief struggle to get free of the hold, Frank snapped the Terminator's arm like a twig and embraced him in a bear hug.

"Ready whenever you are Alex!" Grant gasped. He was now literally holding his breath for assistance.

"Okay. Uploading the girl's frequency to your mask now. Might wanna cover your ears."

"Do you know the story of Frankenstein mortal? I have dozens of brains making up my own! I have hundreds of years of experience! What do you have?!"

Grant grinned beneath his mask. "Oh, me? I just have fun." He replied, quickly headbutting his immortal foe as he braced himself for the noise.

SSSKKKRRRREEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grant's mask shook as the modified sound of Black Canary's screech echoed out through the filters. Frankenstein opened his mouth in pain as the super sonic sound filled his ears.

"If this doesn't work, nothing will." Peabody said.

Sure enough a few seconds later the screech stopped and Frankenstein stood looking dazed. As the agent came to he noticed a long empty case. When his crosshairs raised, he noticed Deathstroke holding a weapon he had never seen before (*Deathstroke #3). In that moment the red laser painted on Frank's chest had locked.

FWEUW!!!

The blast pulverized the immortal's body as the foundation of the garage gradually gave in. Deathstroke slid down the rubble to where the charred living corpse knelt. "Hey..." Grant muttered as Frankenstein still stood looking dazed. "Buddy are you dead?"

FWOP!

Frankenstein collapsed on the ground, face first. "Guess that was more of a rhetorical question" Grant chuckled to himself, as he turned to walk away. "Now then... back to business."

"What do you wanna do about SHADE?" Peabody asked as Grant smashed in a car window.

"We'll deal with them later... just keep a lock on that f$cking heart!" He yelled as he heard the car's engine roar to life.

"Green Arrow." Roy Harper nodded as Ollie and Black Canary zoomed up to the rooftop. Ollie nodded back.

"Red Arrow." He replied. They both stared at her as she stepped up to the roof.

"Who's she?" Roy asked with a puzzled look.

"Black Canary." She said with a smile. She held a hand out towards Roy.

"Uh... didn't you die?" Roy asked. "It was on the news this morning." Ollie nodded.

"You were killed during the riots last week right?"

Black Canary frowned as she turned her head. "That wasn't me..." She muttered. "It was my mother... she died trying to save people... and that assassin who tried to steal the heart killed her!"

Ollie frowned. "You're sure?" He asked. "Do you know anything about him?"

Black Canary nodded. "His name's Slade Wilson. He's a mercenary that specializes in assassinations. I'm a reporter for the Star City Citizen and-"

"That's who you are!" Roy yelled with a smile. "Dinah Lance right? I read your stuff all the time!" Dinah and Ollie both stared at him. "What? Oh come on you're not even wearing a mask!" He yelled.

Dinah sighed. "Yes... that's me. Anyway I've been researching this man. Y'know for a story. I was planning to get him arrested... maybe win the Pulitzer prize... beat Vicki Vale for once... then the next week my mother winds up dead. Her head decapitated! Coincidence?"

Ollie frowned. "Still that's not enough to prove that it WAS Deathstroke. Are you sure it wasn't just one of the escaped prisoners?"

Black Canary glared into Oliver's eyes. "No escaped prisoner could kill my mother." She answered. "It had to be someone special... and... I need your help in catching him."

Oliver was quiet as he thought over the situation. He placed a finger on his Comm unit.

"Speedy I need-"

"Who's Speedy?" Mia asked. "My code sign's Canary!"

"I need you to run a search for Count Werner Vertigo or any of his associates. Got it?"

Oliver Queen's Penthouse

"Look. Calm down Ollie." Mia said through her headset as she typed in on the computer keyboard. "I'm searching the databanks now."

"Databanks?" Mia heard Ollie respond. "Databanks for what?"

Mia sighed. "I'm trying to find something about the Vlatvian employees that links them all together. That way we can..." Mia stopped as she spotted something on her screen. She clicked the link and brought up an email. "Wow..." She said as her eyes flickered over it.

"What?"

"What was the name of that Prime Minister guy? The one who you saw earlier..."

"Alexi? What about him?"

"I just found an email from him to Vertigo..." Mia said calmly as she checked and double checked the message. "He told him where the convoy was heading and where to intercept..."

Ollie was silent from his end of the mic.

"So he's helping the Terrorists?" Ollie said slowly. "...send it to the SCPD. Let them know what's going on... they'll handle him."

Mia nodded. "Done. I'm sorry Ol-"

KRZZHH!!

Mia jumped back in surprise as the computer screen crackled. After a few seconds the image disappeared and was replaced with a familiar face.

"Hello." Count Werner Vertigo said calmly from Mia's screen. "For those of you who don't know me... you will soon enough. My name is Vertigo. I am a Count of Vlatvia and as of 25 minutes ago I have come across a very special object." The Count held a special container up to the screen. "THIS. Is the heart that was going to be used for Queen Perdita. Now... it's obvious what will happen if she doesn't get it in time... however I'm a forgiving man so I offer you all a simple choice. Announce ME as the King of Vlatvia by Midnight. Or you'll never see your precious heart." The Count smiled. "You have 5 Hours to decide."

Mia was silent as the image fizzled out.

"What was that about?" Ollie asked through the headset.

"I've found the hotel where Vertigo and his men are booked." Mia said. "32 Diggle Plaza. Right near the Vlatvian Embassy."

"Right. We're on our way."

FWIP!

The Vlatvian bodyguard groaned in pain as the boxing glove arrow smashed into his cheek. Green Arrow smiled as he leaped over the parked cab, Roy and Dinah both behind him.

"You have a boxing glove arrow?" Dinah asked as Ollie picked the arrow up off the ground. He smiled as Roy kicked the door to the building open.

"Hey." Ollie chuckled as they ran through the door. "You've gotta do what you've gotta do."

"FREEZE!" A guard yelled as he ran into the hallway. A gun trained for Ollie's chest.

THWACK!

The guard collapsed to the floor as Dinah jump kicked him in the face and carried on running.

"I could've handled him." Ollie muttered as they stopped. Roy glanced around with his bow drawn.

"Which way do we go?" He asked. There were several hallways, each looked the same. Ollie and Dinah both frowned at each other.

"Where would Vertigo keep the heart?" Green Arrow asked. Dinah stared at him with a look of frustration.

"How the hell would I know?!" She asked. Roy frowned.

"I thought she knew where this thing was!" Ollie shook his head. "Then why the hell is she here?!" Roy yelled angrily.

"Because she wishes to die at the hands of royalty." A cold voice said. The team turned to see Count Vertigo walking calmly towards them. An implant covering his forehead and several bodyguards walking by his side. "Why else would you come here?" He smiled arrogantly.

No Caption Provided

"Give up the heart Vertigo." Ollie said with a frown. "There's no way you can take down all of us." Vertigo chuckled as his forehead implant started to light up.

VVVVVVZVZVZVZVZVZVZVZVZVZVZVVZVZVZVVZVZVZVZVZVZVZVZVZ!!!!!!!!!

Ollie, Roy and Dinah screamed as yellow waves of energy struck them. Vertigo said something, however no words came out. Green Arrow gritted his teeth as he reached for his crossbow attached to his leg.

TIK!

A far miss. The bolt whizzed past Vertigo's ear before slamming into the wall. Vertigo smiled as he realized what had just happened. For some reason the pain stopped ebbing in his ears.

"Impressive." Vertigo said. His bodyguard's were focusing their attention on the disorientated Roy and Dinah. Both were still in pain. "Not many people are able to withstand my attacks so well."

"So what?" Ollie said as he tried to block the pain out. "Now you're going to ask me to a fair fight?"

"No." Vertigo said with a smile. "I just thought I should compliment you."

VVVVVVZZZZZZ!

Ollie yelled as the pain started again. He saw Vertigo start to laugh as he watched the pain he'd created unfold before him.

BLAM!

Count Vertigo yelled in surprise as a bullet whizzed through his cape. The pain stopped once again.

"HOLD IT RIGHT THERE SH!THEAD!" An angry voice yelled as Vertigo looked around for the shooter. "Or the next one goes through your head!"

Green Arrow saw Dinah grit her teeth as the familiar figure of Deathstroke stepped out of the shadows. A rifle in his hands.

"Ah. You're the fool who was chasing us earlier." Vertigo said with a frown. "What do you want?"

"The heart." Deathstroke said sternly. "I've got a paycheck due on it and I want it. NOW!"

"Then perhaps we could come to a simple agreement?" Vertigo asked calmly. Deathstroke shook his head angrily.

"Buddy. After the crap I've gone through to get this thing, I am sure as hell not letting you get half the bargain!" He cocked his rifle. Vertigo smiled as his bodyguards prepped their weapons.

"So be it..." He said coldly.

To be concluded in the next issue of Deathstroke!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Wow and they say my stuff is long. Censor the first word and it's golden.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TommytheHitman
dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Why is Count Vertigo so underused in the comics? Can't wait for the next issue.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Why is Count Vertigo so underused in the comics? Can't wait for the next issue.

I've been asking myself the same question. I personally think he and Ollie should both get more of a spotlight. He really does have enough elements to be a top tier villain if the writing staff actually took a chance on him.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Awesome work. You guys did a pretty great crossover here.