DC Re-Created: Green Arrow #3

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TommytheHitman

An Extract from: The Journal of Constantine Drakon. Diary Entry December 12th 2011

As I look around at my surroundings... I see the mark of failure. A makeshift cast wrapped around a wound on my leg reveals how much a disaster this mission has been. Last night I attempted to make my move on the fool Queen. As we stood on the boat's top deck looking out to sea I started to make my move. A knife concealed in my tie would make do. Stab him in the back and push him into the ocean would have been the perfect murder. Nobody would have noticed until morning. Of course it was a failure. Just as I was about to stab him the idiot turned around. A bottle of alcohol in his hands and a dazed look on his face. The poor fool was drunk and unpredictable. My knife stabbed him in the chest and he stared in surprise at the wound. In rage the bottle cracked across my cheek knocking me over the edge. Clearly Queen was faster then I had expected. As I crashed into the ocean I felt dazed. The powerful waves crashed into the side of the ship and sent me tumbling beneath the sea. Luckily Queen was knocked over by the wave and soon followed me into the ocean.

Star City, Now...

"Drop the knife!" The Red Archer yelled as Drakon stared at him with a hint of curiosity. Drakon clicked his two fingers snapping the red arrow he'd been holding in half. He smiled as he looked at the wounded Green Arrow lying by his feet.

"You seem to have spawned a nest of them!" He chuckled. Green Arrow turned on his side towards the Red Archer.

"Kid..." He groaned. "...Whoever you are... run!" The Archer did nothing as he kept his bow aimed at Drakon's head.

"I've called the police." Mia Dearden said through Ollie's ear. "Should be there any minute."

Green Arrow groaned as he slowly stood up. Drakon cast an eye over him.

"Two on One?" He chuckled. "Seems unfair." He pulled a dagger from his belt. "Make your move."

Green Arrow yelled as he charged at Drakon. His fist aimed towards Drakon's cheek. Expertly Drakon ducked it and landed a fist into Green Arrow's stomach.

FWIP!

Drakon caught the Red Archer's arrow perfectly in his hand as Green Arrow backed towards the wall.

"Pathetic!" Drakon yelled. "You have no form! Your style is like a 6th Grade Archery Student!" The Red Archer smiled to himself.

"Might wanna check the arrow tip dumbass." Drakon cast an eye over it in surprise.

FWASH!

The Arrow Tip exploded in a blast of light. Drakon yelled in surprise as he covered his eyes.

"GAH! YOU LITTLE BA$TARD!" He placed a hand on the wall as he tried to steady himself. "I'LL KILL YOU FOR THAT!"

CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK!

Green Arrow looked up in surprise to see a dozen or so Police Officers aiming guns towards them.

"The two of you! Put your hands over your heads and stand against the walls!"

"Two of us?" Green Arrow noticed that Drakon had disappeared. The Red Archer stood like a rabbit looking into headlights. "Kid..." Green Arrow groaned as he stood up on his own weight. "RUN!" As if on cue the Red Archer dropped a smoke bomb arrow to the ground causing a field of smoke to envelop them.

"OPEN FIRE!"

Green Arrow pressed himself to the wall as a bullet whizzed by his head. A dozen more followed by. He quickly pulled a grapple arrow from his quiver and fired it onto the nearest rooftop above. He felt pain his chest as he felt himself rise up into the air.

"Mia?!" Green Arrow groaned as he clambered on top of the roof. Dragging himself on top of it. "I'm gonna need pickup..." He muttered. "I'm not getting back like this..."

"Can't. Your mom's here to visit. If I leave her here she'll start poking around. Don't want her looking inside your room do we?"

"Right..." Ollie muttered. "I'll get there somehow..."

He looked up as a shadow appeared over him. The Red Archer held his hand towards him offering him help.

"I could give you a ride." He said. "Wherever you need to go."

The Arsenals Base of Operations...

"YOU FAILED?!" Brick yelled angrily as his chair smashed beneath his weight. Constantine Drakon stared at him coldly. His eyes still ached from the flash of light earlier.

"Watch your tone with me, Mr Brickwell." Drakon said. "Or else I'll find out JUST how durable that rocky skin of yours really is." Brick stared down at the man. His height dwarfed his. However he sat down on the table.

"I'm paying you to kill Green Arrow. I expect results."

"And you shall get them. My first attack was merely a warning. I would have killed him if not for that... Red Arrow that appeared. He caught me unaware. I won't be surprised again."

Oliver Queen's Penthouse...

"Okay. Just stay HERE!"

Oliver Queen stepped out of his bedroom and smiled as he was greeted by the smiling face of his mother.

"Oliver!" She yelled as she gave him a massive hug. "It's good to see you again!"

Ollie smiled. His mother was one of the few people that called him Oliver. With the exception of people trying to be formal and Drakon she was the only one.

"Hi mum." Ollie muttered as he watched Mia make insulting images behind his mother's back. "It's great seeing you again."

He took a deep breath as his mother released him.

"How did you get into the bedroom Oliver?" His mother asked. "Mia said you weren't in." Ollie glanced at Mia angrily. She gave an apologetic look.

"I was testing the security systems Ma. I wanted to see how easy it was to sneak into the building." Mia stepped in.

"And of course since he's here that means he got in!" She turned towards the door. "So I'll go call Q-Corp now!" She walked out of the room and Miss Queen gave an annoyed look.

"I do wish they'd stop calling it that..." She muttered as she sat down. "Your father gave it the name Queen Industries and that is what is should be called! Really Oliver you do encourage it!"

"There's nothing wrong with a little harmless nicknaming."

She gave another annoyed look. "Anyway... that's not what I'm here to talk to you about. How did your meeting with Stagg go this morning?"

Ollie smiled. "They won't be buying the company if that's what you mean."

"Good... but what did you say to them? How did they respond? It's important we keep relations between the two of us co operative!"

15 Minutes Later...

Roy Harper glanced around nervously. The cave was kept neatly cleaned with clear targets scattered everywhere. Each one with dozens of arrows shot into it. He heard a door up above whoosh open and looked up to see Oliver Queen walking down towards him.

"Nice place you got here!" Roy said. "What's it called?"

Ollie frowned. "I don't call it anything. Now... who are you and what do you want?"

Roy ignored him as he looked around. "Maybe you should call it the Arrow Cave..."

"ARROW CAVE?!" Oliver yelled angrily. "Why...." The door whooshed open again as Mia walked down the stairs. She stared at Roy in surprise for a second.

"What the hell is HE doing here?!" She yelled in surprise. "He's not part of the team!" Ollie frowned at her in frustration.

"He is now! Or... for the moment at least! He helped save me from Drakon!"

"We don't know who he is!" Mia yelled.

Roy pulled his hood down and took his small domino mask off his nose.

"My name's Roy Harper. I'm an Undercover Government Agent for CADMUS in order to keep an eye on Superhuman Activity in Star City... plus I'm the Lieutenant in Danny Brickwell's gang."

Oliver Queen frowned. "Who?"

"Danny Brickwell is the leader of the Arsenals." Mia said. "See?! I told you, that you shouldn't have brought him here!"

"Why would he have told us all this if he was a spy?" Ollie asked. "Why are you dressed in a red version of my costume?"

Roy shrugged. "It's... complicated. Besides... Brick has information on the entirety of Star City's criminals. Both super powered and otherwise. Over the last couple of months I've been secretly downloading information to them for months."

"So now you're ready to take them down?" Mia asked. "You've got all the info?"

"No." Roy said with a look of anger across his face. "I know what Brick's planning to do and it's big. Which is why I've come to you for help."

Ollie frowned. "Why? What's he planning to do?"

Roy sighed. "He's planning to release every single prisoner in Star City."

"Ah Oliver." Drakon muttered as he watched them talk through the window. "Such a fool." He turned to the Arsenal gang members as they stood behind him "Are all of you ready for your mission?" He asked. The men nodded. Drakon chuckled to himself. They didn't realize he was sending them to die. "Go." He said as he pointed towards the penthouse. "Kill them all."

To be continued...

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@tommythehitman: Ooh interesting. How about Big Game will we see him? And will you ever get round to reading anything of mine. Actually that goes for everyone just because you have a flashy new group doesn't mean you forget about the old guard

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: How do you know these people I've never heard of when you don't even read DC Comics?!

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Will read.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@tommythehitman I'm sure that this is another great issuue, however, the internet to my house is out so I woon't be able to read this until tomorrow. I really hate my phone. >_<

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@tommythehitman: He turned to the Arsenal gang members stood behind him

Slightly incorrect use of stood. Try "He turned to the Arsenal gang members as they stood behind him"

And the old let's double cross the hero by being a good guy...but I suspect it's all a triple cross! :)

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Pretty good. I'm can't wait to see Drakons attack

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Good stuff!

Ollie frowned. "I don't call it anything. Now... who are you and what do you want?"

Roy ignored him as he looked around. "Maybe you should call it the Arrow Cave..."

"ARROW CAVE?!" Oliver yelled angrily. "Why...."

That was my favorite part, I like how this is moving forward will be nice to see how it progresses!

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

@tommythehitman: I am not sure what you mean? I personally like the idea of CADMUS but won't be using them if that's what you mean.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#14  Edited By TheManInTheShoe

@tommythehitman: Interesting continuation. There's one thing I noticed (and I'm extremely nit-picky here) but sometimes it feels like the dialogue is a bit forced, like it's not how people speak. It's just a feeling I get.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Great job! And damn, Ollie really hates the name Arrow Cave.

KingMagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Good job!

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@tommythehitman: Really loved the ending. You built up the suspense quite well.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#18  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

Good story.

Doomstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Bump.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nice that you've established Drakon as an old enemy of Ollie's, should be interesting to see how the Red Arrow plays out. Also Red Arrow seems to have more gadgets and tech than the original :P

In your writing, try use descriptions a bit more, it helps immerse yourself into the story.