jademartian038

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Green Arrow #14-Memory Lane

Star City-

Oliver wakes up in a panic. He is quickly looking around his hospital room gasping for air. Even since he had woken with no memory he has been having odd dreams. They seem vaguely familiar but he can't put his finger on anything. He feels a warm hand grasp his. It's his mother, who he doesn't recognize since the fight with Dr. Polaris. He has only seen his mother, Francis Flashman, Diggle, and the doctors. They have been trying to get Oliver to regain his memory for a few days, but he had suffered quite a bit of head trauma.

"How are you doing, sweetheart?" Moira says with compassion. "Another bad dream?"

Oliver felt very uncomfortable in these situations, not knowing who anyone is and yet everyone is being so nice to him. He chooses not to respond and lays his head back down on his pillow. Moira takes her hand away from Oliver and leans back in her chair. She has been trying for so long to get Oliver to remember something about when he was little or his time on the island which he was very gauge about. It was now getting frustrating for her. She has a lot on her plate considering that Queen Industries couldn't run itself and Mia, who is not only her least favorite person but has probably known Oliver's secret all along. Suddenly Diggle rushes in with a worried look on his face.

"What is it, Mr Diggle?" Moira starts to rise from her chair.

"A little verbal altercation with Mr. Flashman and Mr. Harper, ma'am" Diggle says calmly.

Moira looks over at Oliver. When he doesn't return her stare, she gets up.

"I'll be right back Oliver." She says calmly. "If anyone comes in here you call for us, understand?"

Oliver just glances and Moira and gives a slight nod. Moira and Diggle exit the room, leaving an emptiness in the room. Suddenly the door starts to creek open. Oliver's attention just turns to it. Mia quickly slips in the room, quickly shutting the door behind her.

"Holy sh!t, is your mother a thorn in my side." She says with a sigh.

She turns her full attention to Oliver. Staring at his bruises, scars, broken wrist, etc. It almost looks like she is about to cry but she manages to pull it together.

"Well…you look like crap." She lets out. "How are you feeling? They treating you well? Oh and Roy says 'Hi' by the way. He's actually in the hall distr--"

"Who are you?"

Oliver's words cut Mia off, leaving her in shock.

"Wait are you being serious?" She asks. "I'm Mia. Mia Dearden. The girl from the streets. You saved me from rock bottom. Got me a job after that. You told me first about your secret."

She starts to pace back and forth, then walks toward Oliver.

"Are you sure?"

Oliver nods his head. Mia sits down in the chair next to the bed. Tears start to fall from her face. She grabs tissues from her purse and wipes them away. Oliver looks over to Mia. And then suddenly something starts to come to him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oliver is running across a roof top. He is wearing his Green Arrow uniform. His bow is in hand. Finally he stops by the ledge, loads an arrow from his quiver, and shots it towards the building across the street. He is the flying through the air from one roof to the other. He vividly remembers how good the adrenaline made him feel. He lands hard on the other roof, rolling on impact, and then regaining his balance. He then slyly walks over to the skylight of the warehouse. There he sees a short line of young girls. They are all poorly dressed, revealing lots of cleavage, and all of them seem to be exhausted. In front of them are four very large and muscular men armed with guns. Off to the side a young woman with bright red hair shaved off on the left side where there is a dragon tattoo, is returning a asian girl to the line. She then walks over and grabs a girl with blonde hair. Oliver can tell she wants to fight back by the fire in her eyes, but chooses not to if she wants to survive. She is lead to a group of gentlemen, sitting in a circle on metal chairs. The girl rotates around in a circle for the men. Then the woman starts speaking. On the island a former friend of his taught him how to read lips. She was saying a number. 20,000. The men start shouting out numbers. Oliver then notices a man walking over to the red haired woman. He is african american and has the same dragon tattoo on his head except bigger and with more detail. He whispers something into the woman's ear and she nods back to him. His attention focuses back on the blonde girl. She is struggling to stand up straight. After awhile Everyone stops talking. A tall man gets up from his chair a starts circling the girl. As soon as his hand brushes on her arm, Oliver knows it's time to strike. He quickly loads an arrow onto his bow and fires. The arrow sends glass flying to the ground startling everyone. As soon as the arrow makes impact with the ground, smoke rises, and fills the room. The armed men start to fire at the skylight. Little do they know, Oliver is already on the move. He is scaling down the side of the building and enters through an open window. The smoke makes it hard to see but Oliver is wearing in fared googles. He makes his way toward the four armed men. He easily takes one out with a swift strike from his bow. Then he fires blunt arrows at two of the other guards. He turns to see the that the last man can see him through the smoke. The man raises his gun and fires. Oliver is quick to dodge the barrage of bullet. He is quick to grab a flechette arrow from his side and tosses it at the man. He manages to hit him in his thigh. The man yelps in pain and quickly falls to the ground. Oliver loads another arrow to his bow and fires it toward the wall. There is a large boom echoing through the room. There is now a large hole in the wall.

"Run!" Oliver yells at the girls.

They don't question a thing and sprint toward the makeshift exit. Oliver turns around focusing on the large group of men. He can make out that they are now holding guns prepared for an attack and that the blonde girl is being held hostage. Oliver loads two arrows into his bow and takes his time aiming this time. He fires. One arrow has a capsule, after a few seconds it opens inflating what seems to be a boxing glove. It manages to take out two men. The other has what seems to be a taser on the end. This one is heading toward the man's neck. As it hits, the man starts convulsing, and falls to the ground. Oliver makes his way quickly toward the remaining men. He takes them out with quick strike from his bow or kicks. As soon a the smoke starts to clear from the room his looks at the girl. She is kneeling on the ground. Looking at all of the men he has managed to takeout. She then makes eye contact with him.

"Look out!"

Oliver turns to see the red haired woman aiming a gauntlet at him.

"I wouldn't move." She says with purr. "Fires poison darts."

Oliver's looks back to see that the man with the dragon tattoo is standing behind the blonde girl. His hands are resting on her shoulders. She looks more frightened.

"Well look at this, Red." He says coyly. "The myth that is the, Green Arrow. Interesting. You pull off green better than I thought you would. Now did you really think that you could take away my favorite playthings and get away with it?"

Oliver just glares at the man. Thinking of the possible ways he could take the man down. He then looks down at the girl. He sees something fragile and broken. He then grabs a flechette and throws it at the man. It hits his shoulder backing away in pain. Oliver then ducks to the ground, kicks the back of the woman's legs, and knocks he to the ground. He then lands a punch on her knocking her out. Oliver turns around to see the girl holding a gun to the man. Her breathing is heavy and she is shaking like crazy.

"Put the gun down." Oliver says calmly.

She ignores him and prepares herself to kill the man. Oliver rushes to her side and places a hand on her arms trying to make her lower her arm.

"It's going to be ok." He says calmly. "He can't hurt you anymore. You're safe. I'll keep you safe. I promise."

She turns to him with tears running down her face rapidly. Oliver is quick when he throws another flechette at the man. This one was a tranquilizer making him drop to the ground. The girl then falls into Oliver's arms weeping. He hugs her making her feel safe.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oliver snaps back into reality. He looks over realizing that that girl was Mia.

"I remember…"

Mia's head perks up just a little bit.

"I remember that night." Oliver says astonished. "The people with the dragon tattoos, the green suit, you…"

A smile appears on Mia's face for just a second. She leans over and holds Oliver's hand.

"Hey, it's a start."

There tender moment is cut short as soon as Moira comes walking in.

"Oliver, I'm so sorry about that but…" She turns to look at her son but also sees Mia in the room. "Miss Dearden, what are you doing in here?"

"Mrs Queen, I'm sorry!" Mia rises from her seat. "I just wanted to see Oliv--"

"Clearly you don't know what 'you are not allowed to visit my son' means." Moira interrupts. "Clearly your young, reckless behavior is not a good for my son. I think you need to leave, Miss Dearden. And start looking for a new job. I don't want to see you're skanky face around Queen Industries ever again. Do I make myself clear?"

Mia just stands there shocked and angered. She fists form fists and tighten quickly. She thinks about slapping Moira for a second, but quickly reconsiders.

"I care about Oliver just as much as you do, Mrs Queen." She says calmly. "I got Oliver to remember something just now. And how successful were you? Pushing all of Oliver's friends out of his life isn't going to help him. And his friends aren't those snarly a$$holes you like to have dinner parties with. Now stop acting like an ice cold b!tch and be a mother!"

"Leave!"

Moira angrily points to the door. Mia exits the room and slams the door behind her. Moira looks to her son with an apologetic look. But all he does is shake his head at her. Mia continues down the hall passing Diggle and Francis. Roy sees her walking his way and starts to walk with her.

"How did it go?" Roy asks. "I really couldn't warn you about Moira, I'm sorry. But did he seem--"

"He doesn't remember anything, Roy." Mia stops and faces Roy. "And now I can't see Oliver anymore and I'm out of a job."

Mia walks down the hall to the elevator. Roy wants to try and comfort Mia but decides against it. he just leaves her walk down the hall alone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinah is sitting at her desk searching through all news outlets on the "Oliver Queen Scandal." None of these sources are telling her about Oliver's condition. She checks her phone again to see if Mia has tried to contact her. Nothing. Suddenly she feels a presence behind her.

"How does 'Oliver Queen is a public menace' sound?" Says a snarky voice.

Dinah turns around to see Bonnie standing there, reading from a notepad.

"And then I start to got into detail about all of the damage he's caused throughout the city and all of that jazz." She has a big sh!tty grin on her face. "I mean people like this guy but lets be honest, that's why we have cops to take care of that stuff. And how tacky does that costume look?"

"Do you know how many people Oliver Queen has saved?" Dinah glares at her. "You should just stick to writing about your daughter's dumb tournaments she keeps getting gold for. You're good at that."

"Stop acting like a b!tch, Lance." Bonnie retaliates. "You've been super distant lately taking a lot of personal days. What the hell is wrong? You're mother having a drinking problem again?"

Dinah doesn't even think twice before she sucker punches Bonnie. It sends her flying back into the mail cart. The entire office is now completely silent. Marianne comes walking out of her office to see what has happened. Dinah walks over to her boss.

"I quit."

Dinah walks back to her desk grabbing her jacket, phone, and purse. She also grabs the only thing decorating her desk. A picture of her when she was very young, her mother, and her father. She walks out the door and to the elevator. Her boss is in hot pursuit of her.

"Lance, get your @ss back here!" Marianne yells.

Dinah ignores her and walks into the elevator. She manages to get the door to shut before her plump boss gets there. As the elevator declines several floors, Dinah starts to break down. She leans against the wall covering her mouth, sobbing to herself. The elevator stops and opens. A woman with a fringe walks in and looks at Dinah.

"Oh sh!t!" She says out loud. "You ok, Blondie?"

"Yeah I'm fine." Dinah mutters. "Just quit. My co-workers are real b!tches."

The woman takes tissues out of her purse and hands them to Dinah. She takes them and starts wiping her eyes. The elevator closes and starts going down again.

"Dinah, if it makes you feel better, Bonnie was a real a$$ wipe and had it coming." The woman smirks.

Dinah smiles back but then glares at the woman she just met.

"How did you know my name?" She questions. "And how did you know about, Bonnie?"

"I know a lot of stuff, Dinah." The woman says. "I know you first experienced your 'canary cries' at the age of eleven. Your parents are Larry Lance and Dinah Drake. The double alliteration is cute. After your dad and mom divorced, he moved to Central City and became a cop there. Your mother had an alcohol problem but found boxing was a better alternative. Oliver Queen, is your unofficial boyfriend but that's hard with amnesia. Oh $#%& you didn't know that, sorry!"

Dinah grabs the woman by the throat and pushes her against the wall.

"Who the #$%@ are you?" Dinah hisses.

"I'm the lady who can help you find your mother's killer."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Several roof tops away from the hospital, Thea is standing the looking through a pair of binoculars. She has a backpack full of snacks with her and a large gun case lying at her feet. She's been watching Oliver ever since he got transferred back. She's been able to read the lips of the doctors, knowing that Oliver has lost his memories. Her father's plans would probably work better if Oliver didn't have his memories, but she hasn't reported anything to him yet. She looks down at the large mass of people standing in front of the hospital. She ponders on their fascination with Oliver. With time she spent with Oliver, she found him for a good laugh and for playing around. Suddenly something catches the corner of her eye. A large group of people pushing through the crowd, armed with various guns.

"Oh no…."

TO BE CONTINUED......

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@jademartian038: Memory loss that's never good, which is the opposite to this story BTW

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Very nice stuff! My favorite part of this issue is probably the scene which reveals how Ollie met Mia. Very interesting and a nice way to explain her origin.

My only real problem is that you kinda seem to be placing characters from Arrow into the series, (Diggle, Thea, Felicity). Not a problem but it is a minor irritation I have.

jademartian038

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@impurestcheese@tommythehitman Thanks guys!

And Tommy that's understandable (With Felicity it was a not wanting to take Barbara away from anyone wanting to write Batman)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1