DC Re-Created Event: Underworld Unleashed #5

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By waezi2

Written by me, edited by MaccyD. And a speciel thanks to TommytheHitman for helping out with the epilogue.

In the Batcave...

"Alfred!"

"Sir?" Alfred was working on the car, when he heard Bruce's voice on the computer.

"Alfred, I'm going to need the new armour. I'm coming as fast as I can, so have it ready for me!"

"But it's not been tested properly. Sir, with all due respect..."

"NOW ALFRED! It's an emergency!"

"As it always is." Alfred muttered, as he cleaned his hands of oil and then dialed the code Kingdom Come on the computer.

Meanwhile...

"I need to pee!"

"Impulse..." Arsenal said, grinding his teeth. "I asked you FOUR TIMES before we took off if you had to go!"

"But that was then! This is now!"

Cyborg groaned. "Told you not to drink that coke..."

"Well, sorry mom!"

"Shut up! I'm flying, and you’re ruining my concentration!"

"You know, Arsenal..." Bunker said. "This is actually your fault."

"... MY FAULT!?"

"Yeah, if you had a toilet on this thing, then..."

"IT'S A HELICOPTER!!!"

"Hey, I'm not the one who's rich, but I would have one with a toilet built in."

"Stop it!" Solstice was usually the cheerful and patient one. Not today. "Stop it, or I will fly the rest of the way to Gotham!"

"And I will CRASH this thing!" Arsenal yelled. "I'm not bluffing! One more word, and I will fly right into that big black bowl of... of..."

Everyone in the helicopter stopped nagging at each other. They looked at the gigantic bowl-like thing down on the ground.

"Stone, you’re the one with a GPS in your brain. Is that...?"

"Gotham City? Yeah..."

Meanwhile...

"Alfred, I'll be at the cave four minutes from now. Do you have the armor ready?... Alfred?" Batman got no reply on his communicator as he rode on his motorcycle to the secret tunnel to the bat-cave, covered by a waterfall. "Alfred? ALFRED, CAN YOU HEAR ME?!!!"

He finally arrived at the waterfall, and rode into the cave... only to see that it had being ravaged. Machines were burning, the computer's screen was broken, and the bats who lived in the cave flew around, confused and in panic.

"... Alfred?" Batman was sincerely worried. "Alfred, WHERE ARE YOU?!"

"We had to fire him, Bruce. He apparently didn't do a very good job of taking care of you while we were gone."

"But it's okay. We are here now, and we won’t leave ever again."

Batman knew the two voices. He had heard them every single night since he was a little boy. From the nightmare that reminded him of his mission in life and would haunt him till the day he died.

"... M-mom? D-d-dad?"

For the first time in years, Bruce Wayne stuttered as he saw the rotten corpses of his parents in front of him.

In Gotham...

"Hello, mortals. Most of you are going to die today... Actually, scratch that! ALL of you will die today!"

They had fought the reanimated corpses of the dead of this city, only to now face the lord of chaos himself. The Shadowpact had sworn to face the evil lord of hell, but seeing him, they froze. Even the Enchantress, the cockiest of them stopped smiling. Only one did not think twice before leaping at Neron.

"Smile while you can, King Of Dread!

At the end of this day, you shall be dead!"

SMACK!

Neron had struck Etrigan with the back of his enormous hand, as he flew into the Statue Of Justice. Neron shrunk down to human-size, and teleported after the yellow-skinned demon. Etrigan attempted to roast him by unleashing the hellfire from his body, but to no use, as Neron grabbed him by his throat, preventing the flames from being unleashed form his mouth. Neron smiled.

"Hello, son."

At the graveyard...

He was once Boston Brand, a circus performer. Then he became Deadman, an avatar of the lord of order; Rama Kushna. Now, he was Corpse Feeder, corrupted by Neron to be his avatar, The Spirit Of The Living Dead. And he had run out of dead to raise. Gotham Cemetery was now completely digged up by the dead themselves.

"Boston Brand!"

Spectre, the Spirit Of Vengeance entered through the gate of the cemetery.

"Perfect timing!" Corpse Feeder said, as he changed form. He now had seven arms, each with a dagger. "I was bored."

Corpse Feeder jumped at the Spectre and started to stab him with all seven knifes at once. He went on and on as the white spirit in the green cloak was torn apart. White and green pieces flew everywhere, until there were nothing left for Corpse Feeder to ravage.

"Knives. How human."

The Spectre reanimated himself. He did not look impressed.

"Everyone's a critic!" Corpse Feeder said, as he changed form into a demonic-looking bat.

Downtown Gotham...

"I don't need your help, Cold." Katana said, as she slashed a zombie in half.

"Oh, really?" Cold fired his gun, freezing two undead solid. "How many dead guys did you get so far?"

"It's not a contest."

"Yeah, well, I'm at least two ahead of you!"

"Shut up and shoot, Cold! We have to find Neron so I can finish this!"

"He's the guy with a green cape, right? I think I can see him duking it out with another demon guy at the end of that street."

Meanwhile...

"I must admit... it surprises me that you side with the humans, my boy."

"The humans fate, may it be life or dead

Does not matter to me, I wish your head!"

"Really, Etrigan? I thought you outgrew the rhymes 500 years ago."

A stream of hellfire was fired at the Lord Of Chaos, who by the wave of his hand guarded himself with a magically made shield. But the flames were only meant as a diversion, as Etrigan got closer to Neron, and finally landed a punch.

"Not bad." Neron said, as he returned the favor, sending Etrigan flying into a building, that immediately collapsed on impact. Bricks flew through the air. One of them flew by Katana's head, and knocked her out.

"Katana! Hey, wake up!" Cold slapped Katana in the face, trying to wake her up, with no effect. "Well, that's just PERFECT!"

Back at the Cemetery...

The Spectre reanimated himself after yet again being torn to pieces by Corpse Feeder. Then, he was let on fire, as green flames ate him up. He reanimated himself yet again, without any sign of pain. Then Corpse Feeder took the form of a gigantic blender with Spectre inside it, but it was for naught, since the Spectre just reanimated again, still not looking impressed at all.

"You think this is a fight you can win? How do you plan to fight me, when all you can do is annoy me?" Spectre took Corpse Feeder by the neck, and made him shrink down to the size of a mouse. "A fight between spirits is not decided by physics or techniques, little ghost. It's about willpower. I am Aztar, the fallen angel, the Spirit Of Vengeance, the Lord’s divine punishment for sinners. But you... You still think like a man."

Boston Brand whimpered, as the Spectre dropped him inside his mouth, swallowing him.

In the Batcave...

Batman swung through the air by the use of his grappling gun. He only evaded the bike by inches. It was his mother who had thrown it.

"Please, Bruce." she said. "It doesn't have to be this difficult. You just have to die, like you were meant to."

"Don’t talk to your mother like that, young man." the Thomas Wayne zombie said, as he ripped a pipe from the wall, and started to swing it after Batman as if it were a bat. "Now get down here and face your parents like a big boy. I taught you manners, didn't I?"

"My FATHER taught me manners. Not you." He had finally found what he was looking for: a flamethrower.

"Oh, please!" His 'father' said. "If you actually had the nerves for that, you would have used the hand-grenades in your belt"

Batman aimed at the dead bodies of his parents. His hands were shaking. "Please... Don't... Don't make me do this..."

"Come now, Bruce..." His 'mother' said. "Put your toys away. We are going out tonight. We have tickets for Zorro."

He fired the flamethrower and missed the mark by a wide margin. His 'father' grabbed him by the throat and threw away the flamethrower. Batman knew that he couldn't make himself do it. He just couldn't kill his parents. Seeing them die again would be too much for him.

Luckily, he didn't have to.

A armored arm grabbed the dead Thomas Wayne's head and ripped it off. When the Martha zombie tried to attacked the man in black armor, she was burned to a crisp. It was over. Batman looked at his savior, with a mix of relief and gratitude, but also a slight bit of blame. He knew he shouldn't, but he had just watched his parents been exterminated.

No Caption Provided

"I'm truly sorry, sir." Alfred said.

"It's okay. I'm fine." Batman lied.

"Batman!"

Jonah Hex's voice could be heard. The Mirror Of Transportation popped out of thin air, and Hex looked through it.

"Hex?"

"Tell the sword-dame that the spell is working. Ya got five minutes to seal that son of a gun inside the... Hey! HEY!!!" Hex's face disappeared from the mirror, and gunshots could be heard. "Get ya hands off him, ya overgrown, ugly..."

The sound of broken glass could be heard, and the portal vanished.

Meanwhile...

"God DAMMIT, wake the hell up!" Captain Cold had tried everything in order to wake Katana up, but she was out cold. And the yellow demon who fought Neron did squat besides getting his ass handed to him. Neron played with him.

"I suppose I should tell you that this hurt me more than it hurts you, but that would be a lie." Neron said, taunting Etrigan who lay on the ground. But then, Neron stopped smiling. He started to scream out of pain. Etrigan saw an opportunity, and jumped on him.

"Katana!" Batman's voice could be heard from a pocket on Katana's pants. Cold took out what looked like a bat-shaped walkie talkie. "The spell is working! You have less than 4 minutes!"

"Bats," Cold said. "Katana is out cold! What do I do?"

"Cold?... Cold, grab the blade!"

"What? I don't know how to use a..."

"DON'T ARGUE! JUST DO IT!"

"HUMAN!" Etrigan had Neron in a full-nelson. "I will hold him down! Finish it!!!"

Cold grabbed the blade, and ran charging at the now weakened Lord Of Chaos.

"Leonard Snart!" Neron said, more angry than worried over the situation. "I can give you riches you cannot imagine! I can.."

"Bite me, Voldemort!!!"

The blade went through Neron's chest. He screamed, not due to pain, but out of rage. And then, he was sucked into the sword. It was possibly the most bizarre thing Cold had ever seen. It was as seeing paste being pushed out of a tube, but only reversed. And then, he was gone. The black force-field around Gotham faded away, and the reanimated corpses fell to the ground, lifeless as they ought to be. Only now, Cold had noticed the smell of dead flesh.

"Well done, little man." Etrigan said, as he leapt up in the sky, and disappeared.

"Ow..." Katana was awake, getting back on her legs. "What just happened?..."

"I'll tell you what just happened." Cold said with a smirk on his face as he handed Katana her sword.. "I just saved the whole damn world!"

"... No, really, what just happened?"

EPILOGUE...

In the Underworld...

"Dammit!"

Thirteen looked at the Mirror Of Transportation. Or what was left of it. It was shattered to pieces. "I don't suppose you got some glue on you?"

"Nope." Hex said, as he reloaded his gun. "Looks like we have to get out the hard way..."

"Any advice for a first timer in Hell?" Thirteen said, picking up the biggest rock he could find.

"Sure." Hex said. "The first 100 years are the worst."

Gotham, an hour later...

"What a mess..." Katana said, looking at the streets filled up with dead bodies. The police, firefighters, ambulance drivers, everyone was busy at trying to pick up the pieces after the catastrophic event.

"Where is Captain Cold?" Batman asked her.

"Don't know. He ran, saying that he had family business to attend to."

"He is a wanted man." Batman said. "... But I suppose he deserves a head start..."

Then, none of them said anything for a while, even though they both knew what was coming.

"Tatsu..." Batman said. "We need to talk. About your sword..."

"I know what you are going to say." She interrupted him. "You can't have it."

"Tatsu. Your sword is currently holding the spirit of the Devil Incarnate." Batman said. He wasn't shouting. However his voice was growing deep as if he were annoyed. "It needs to be kept in…"

"If you want it, you have to take it by force!" She simply said, and walked away. She was tired, and might have made another decision, if she had a cooler head than she had now. She might also have had a strange feeling that someone was laughing at her.

In a trailer park, outside Keystone City...

It's odd, really. Someone who consumes nothing but cigarettes and cheeseburgers all his life can live to be eighty-three, and someone who takes care of himself can die at forty-one. John Snart belonged to the first category. He had been a drunk for the most of his life, but was still alive and kicking. He was all alone, but that suited him. Just him and his bottles.

So he was surprised when someone knocked on his door.

"What do you want?" he asked, as he opened the door. "If you’re trying to sell something, I ain't buying!"

"I'm looking for Lisa Snart." the stranger said.

"Why, you a cop or something?"

"... Something."

"Private eye?" John smiled. "How much are you gonna give me for telling you all I know about that broad?"

KRNNG!!!

"Jesus!!!" John looked down at his body. He was covered in ice from the chest and down.

"Don't EVER call her that again, old man!" The stranger held a weird-looking gun in his hand. He looked angry. There was something familiar about the man, John thought. And then he recognized him by his nose. The one John had broken years ago.

"... Leonard?"

"Now, you listen to me, you drunk idiot!" the gun was held directly at John's forehead. "I'm kind of in a dilemma here. You see, I hate you, and nothing would make me more happy than killing you right now."

John gulped.

"But on the other hand, I DO really hate you, so I could just leave you now, and let you die slowly. BUT..." Captain Cold putted his gun back in it's holster. "I need your help, dammit to hell. I will leave you alone to drink away the rest of your pitiful little life, but only if you tell me where I can find Lisa."

Inside a cell at Belle Reve Penitentiary, two days after the event of UU...

"You have five minutes, Reverend Chamden." the guard said, as he left him alone with the prisoner.

"Hey Rev, what's new?"

"Hello, Ira..." Eric looked at the young man he had known since he was but a baby. "You wanted to see me?"

"Yeah, I just wanted to talk to you, before I left this joint!" Ira said merrily.

"I'm afraid you’re not going anywhere, Ira." Eric was a man of god, but just being in the same room as this horrible boy tested his faith. "But, what is it you want to tell me?"

"I just wanted to tell you that you were right. God does exist!"

"Is that so?" Eric rolled his eyes. He was really not in the mood to listen to a murderer like him telling him about how he had just discovered God.

But he didn't expect what Ira was about to say. About to do.

"Yeah, if there were no God, how could Satan exist? So, good news is; you will most likely end up in heaven."

"... Excuse me?"

"Bad news; I have to blow you up. You see, I injected you with nano-bombs before I burned down Midway High..."

"Ira, if you think this is funny..."

"So, when you blow up, I can get out of my cell, and my flying motorbike will come and pick me up."

"Ira, you can’t actually expect me to believe you can do that?"

"Haven't you heard, Reverend? I'm IQ, b%tch!" Ira said with a huge smile on his face. "I can do everything!"

"GUARD!!!"

"Three... Two.. One..."

In the Titans HQ, four days after the event of UU...

"How did you get in here?!"

Vic Stone, AKA Cyborg, had his blaster pointed at Batman. He had somehow gotten inside the underground base.

"Is that really necessary?" the Dark Knight asked, pointing at Cyborg's blaster.

"... Guess not..." Cyborg turned the blaster off, morphing it back to a mechanical hand. "I mean, you're one of the good guys... But you DID break in. What do you want?"

Batman handed him a couple of blueprints. "I need your help to build this. I call it Brother Eye."

Belle Reve Penitentiary, one week after the event of UU...

"Congratulations, Mr. Wolfe." Amanda Conner said, as she shook hands with the new warden of Belle Reve Penitentiary. "I hope you're ready to do everything you can in order to keep these monsters where they belong."

"Oh, but I am, ma'am." Gregory Wolfe said. "I would make a deal with the devil, if I had to."

No Caption Provided

Ivy City hospital, two weeks after the event of UU...

Oliver Queen awakened with a start, the bright light shining into his eyes from the ceiling temporarily caused him to mistake his condition for being dead... that was until he noticed the people sat around him.

"Oh good..." Moira Queen said with a small smile appearing on her old face. "You're awake." The man sat next to her was someone that Oliver didn't recognize and from the look on his face he seemed to be uncomfortable. "I was wondering when you were going to wake up." She commented.

Oliver shifted himself slightly on the bed he was lying upon. His body ached... "Mum?" He muttered. "Where the hell a-"

"Mister Queen." The man said calmly. "My name's Flashman. Francis Flashman." He paused for a moment waiting for Oliver to reply. "...I'm the head of Queen Industries' PR Department." He said. "...and right now... you've given us a golden opportunity that we can't afford to miss."

"...what is he talking about?" Oliver asked slowly turning to Moira. "How did I get here?" A twitch of concern etched itself upon Moira's face.

"You got into a fight with that Doctor Polaris son..." Moira said in a gentle voice. "He revealed your identity to everyone..."

"My... my identity?" Oliver repeated.

"Don't you remember?" Flashman asked. Oliver lay back on his bed and rested his bruised head upon the soft cotton pillow behind him.

"...I don't remember anything..." He said.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

@waezi2: The last issue was the strongest one. A lot of good developments in this story. Batman recruiting Cyborg to build Brother Eye, Green Arrow with amnesia? I'd love to see someone pick up where that left off. Great job!

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Yes definitely. What are you going to do with Cap, do the antihero thing?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnny_blaze: Of a sort. It's going to be a roadtrip story, taking a look at the world of the DCRC universe. I can promise the Elongated Man and Wildcat(and son) will make an appearance.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Loved it. Many of these stories have series potential

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Make sure you visit Midway :-P

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By waezi2
MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@waezi2: Yeah, tag me for the series, I want to see what shenanigans that scoundrel Captain Cold gets up to. You wrote him well in this, so I have good faith.

This was a strong ending with some interesting cliffhangers, including the new Green Arrow one that I didn't see until now.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: Alright, but I wont write it before January, since I have to do research about the cities of DC, as well as, you know, Christmas and stuff. I also have to finish my Jekyll And Hyde series. And thanks.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@waezi2: I have no idea what is going on with DCRC at all. But it was writen good

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bronze_surfer: Neither does the DCRC writers, our community is a bit messy. But we do the best we can.

And thanks.

iconrocket123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The perfect way to end a beautiful crossover...wow... mean..WOW! I'm beyond impressed..DC should hire you..that talent...

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By waezi2
waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers