Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Project_Worm

Continued fromMid-Nite #1

The WORM has returned, I promise I'm going to try and put these out much more often... I was having a hard time putting this up because it didn't feel right. So y'know if you want to critique a bit softer that'd be cool. Unless of course you hate it in which case please copy and paste (You f***ing suck!!) below--- Anyways, I hope you enjoy! And like always, if you want to check out more of my stuff you can go HERE to find a ton. If you want to read all the other DCRE stuff go HERE

This Fan-Fic is rated T

======================================================================================

"Holy sh*t!" The police officer shouted from the passenger seat. "What the f**k was that?!" he turned to his partner who was staring wide eyed at the cracked windshield.

The driving officer struggled to release his vice-like grip from the steering wheel. "I don't have the slightest clue! The sh*t came out of nowhere!"

The officers quickly exited the vehicle and ran to the back of the car, but to their surprise there was nothing there. Before they had time to contemplate the bizarre situation they heard the faint whimpers of the battered woman Doctor Mid-Nite had just "rescued". They ran to her aid without hesitation completely ignoring the slightly ajar sewer cap just behind the police cruiser's rear bumper.

============

(116 hours)

Chicago, Illinoise - Southside sewers

Pieter let out a long groan before smacking his dry lips together.

"What happened, " he asked himself before attempting to stand...

Bad idea, horrible idea. His entire body ached, suddenly it all came flooding back. He was "fighting crime". He would laugh if his chest didn't hurt so much. Without a doubt he had more than a few broke ribs. That huge beast of a man really did a number on him not to mention whatever crashed into him while he chased after the second criminal. Still, that wouldn't explain how he got here... Wherever here was. Almost as if to answer his body sent him a sharp agonizing sting from his left leg... That's right, he escaped to the sewer. That was a mistake in itself, his left leg slipped on the way down and got tangled up in the ladder which caused him to fall backwards throwing him onto his head.

"I have to call--- Richard" he whispered to himself, surprised he hadn't been able to remember his best friend's name. More good news...

He squirmed over to the sewer wall in order to prop himself up to a sitting position. He brought his wrist communicator up to his mouth, his right hand was shot and there was no way he'd be able to click the buttons, so he opted to use his teeth-- his loose teeth. "Fantastic" he whispered sarcastically.

The communicator flickered but quickly went dormant. There was no signal. All the great luck he had.

============

S.T.A.R. Labs - Chicago (Sub-level: 6)

Rick tapped away at his keyboard only half paying attention, not that anyone could blame him. His best friend had been off the grid four hours now... This was terrible, and all his fault. First, he blinded his friend in his pursuit of his father's dead end "super steroid". Now his friend was dead... Lying in some ditch, unmasked. They'd surely have this on the news in the morning. No! No, Pieter couldn't be dead.

Rick shook his head vigorously "He's alive, oh yeah, Pete's alive and he's going to get a piece of my mind when he returns."

============

Chicago, Illinoise - Southside sewers

After a half hour of falling flat on his back, repeatedly, Pieter had finally gotten himself on his feet. Thankfully, there was a handrail that ran along the sewer walls. It had taken a couple hard spills before he decided to grab the slick metal with his tattered cape.

The tunnels reeked of rotten food and excrement. Tiny squeaks echoed lightly around him, rats had begun to gather, almost as if expecting him to drop dead at any second. There was hunger behind their beady eyes, but Pieter for all his pain was determined not to die, not here. He looked deep into the sewer and although the tunnel's impossible darkness made his vision better than it had been since before his accident, there was no sign of any nearby exit. Still, he had to move onward, there was no way he could climb back up the slippery ladder.

"I can do this!" He said, feigning determination.

He took one step forward and the rats retreated ever so slightly. He gasped in pain, his body almost fighting to buckle under his weight. He gritted his teeth and took another half-hearted step. Pieter struggled through his agonizing shuffle for close to an hour before he collapsed from exhaustion, there was no end in sight. The sewer rats crept closer, mocking him in preparation for their next meal. Pieter was ready to give up. He supposed he had lived a decent life, it wasn't nearly as bad as it could've been... Pieter closed his eyes and let the pain take him--- almost. He heard roaring water in the distance and his eyes bolted open. He forced himself back up on all fours, and pushed forward once again, letting out grunt after painful grunt. At last he began nearing the sewage stream. The odor was overwhelming his guts jumped as he peered into the murky sewer water. Without warning, his stomach emptied into the dark green cesspool.

BLARGH!!!

He coughed up the final chunks before turning to tear a large strip from his cape. He took numerous deep breaths tied his damp cape strip around his mouth and tightened his goggles.

"Here goes nothing, " he whispered inaudibly under his makeshift mask. Finally, he signed a cross before letting his body fall into the roaring water.

======================================================================================

ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE PROPERTY OF DC COMICS

Please comment below and tell me what you think.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Nice writing here. Glad to have you back, Project_Worm! :)

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Really cool stuff. Nice to see STAR Labs as they haven't been used much yet. I noticed a few Typos up above in some areas that irritated me. Which makes me kinda hypocritical.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Project_Worm

@tommythehitman: Glad you enjoyed it man, I might give it another pass later but to be honest, I'm not great at catching my own mistakes...

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump?

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just realized... Of 5?

:(

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

@project_worm: Great! Like where this is heading, well, into the sewer but you know what I mean

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themanintheshoe: Glad you enjoyed it, it's getting down and dirty now(pun TOTALLY intended)...