TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Qurac City Centre

"Target sighted."

Roy Harper frowned as his knife slit across a young man's throat. The man gargled as blood dripped down his neck however Roy placed his hand over the man's mouth and dragged him backwards into the dark alleyway. The crowd in the Square didn't seem to notice as Roy placed the man's dead body behind several bins.

"Faraday. What's your position?"

"I'm approaching the stage now Deathstroke."

"Harper. Are you ready?"

Roy smiled as he finished pulling the man's boots up his feet. Slowly he picked up the assault rifle that the man had dropped on the ground. He stepped out of the alleyway and winced as the desert sun struck his eyes.

"I'm ready." Roy muttered.

"Excellent." Grant Wilson said as he stared through his sniper rifle's scope. He saw everything that was happening below him. He noticed Faraday walking carefully through the crowd. A man being mugged in an alleyway out of everyone's view. But most importantly he could see his target. Several members of the Onslaught had constructed a makeshift stage in the middle of the square. Many of the Qurac Citizens were crowding around it... and a strange device was in the stage's center. "Alright Faraday. You're the closest. If you see them about to pull that thing's trigger, you shoot to kill. Make sure they do-"

"Yeah. I've got it." Faraday muttered through his mic. "There's three of us. Which means we're all going to attack at once when we see them pull the trigger." Faraday paused as the crowd fell silent. The Mayor of Qurac appeared on stage and said something in his native tongue.

"Faraday how close are you?" Grant asked.

"Not close enough." Faraday said as he began pushing through the crowd. He didn't understand what the Mayor was saying. However he knew it wasn't good. "Excuse me." Faraday muttered as he shoved a couple aside. The Mayor smiled as he said something causing the crowd to laugh.

"Damn." Deathstroke muttered. "He's about to pull the trigger. Harper. Can you get a shot?"

Faraday flinched as he heard a scream throughout the crowd. He turned to see two figures falling from a rooftop. The two landed in the center of the crowd causing them to disperse.

"What the hell?!" Faraday yelled as he charged towards the two fighters. He drew his pistol only to pause when he saw who was involved in the conflict.

14 Seconds Ago...

"Not close enough."

Roy frowned as he pulled himself up onto the roof of the small building. It was a shame he'd had to leave his bow behind at the Onslaught's headquarters. However with the assault rifle he'd taken from the young soldier earlier, he might be able to take the shot. He had a clear view of the crowd. He brought the rifle up to his eye and aimed it at the Mayor's heart.

"Damn. He's about to pull the trigger!"

"You never struck me as a killer." A voice said from behind. Roy turned quickly only to see Cheshire right behind him. Before he could react she jammed her fingers into his throat catching him by surprise and causing him to stumble backwards and almost fall off the building's edge. "You're not as tough as you think you-" Roy reached forward and grabbed Cheshire's wrist dragging her forward with him. "-ARE!" She screamed as they both tumbled off the roof into the crowd below.

"Spoke to soon..." Roy muttered as he stood up. He aimed his rifle at her head only for her to charge forward and kick the rifle aside with her foot and putting off his aim. Roy tossed the weapon aside and threw a punch aimed at Cheshire's head only for her to slap his fist aside. Roy pulled his crossbow from his belt just before Cheshire kicked him in the stomach knocking him to the floor.

"Nice try sexy." Cheshire purred. "However you're just not good en-"

BLAM!

Cheshire paused in shock as a bullet ripped through her waist. She stared at the wound in shock as blood dripped onto the floor before collapsing. Roy stared in surprise.

"Roy!" Agent Faraday yelled as he ran over. His pistol still steaming. "Are you all right?"

"I'll be fine..." Roy muttered as he stood up. "We need to shut that device do-"

"FREEZE!" A voice rang out. Roy turned towards the stage to see the Mayor of Qurac holding the Device's trigger. "YOU AMERICAN DOGS MADE A MISTAKE ATTACKING ME!" The Mayor yelled. His finger shook as Roy slowly reached for his crossbow.

"Can you get a shot?" Roy whispered into his headset.

"Taking the shot now."

"NO!" Roy snapped making everyone (including the mayor) jump. "If you shoot him in a public place we could cause an international incident!"

"What makes you think I don't want to cause an international incident?!" The Mayor asked as his thumb slowly reached for the trigger.

"NO!" Roy yelled as he charged forward. In the background he heard Agent Faraday reload his gun. He knew Deathstroke was pondering simply killing all three of them and falsifying the footage. However Roy also knew he wouldn't stop them in time.

KLICK!

Roy smashed into the Mayor's chest sending them both tumbling to the ground. Roy felt ashamed of himself as his elbow smashed into the Mayor's face knocking him unconscious.

"GODDAMN IT!" Roy screamed into the air as the device whirred to life. He sat down and waited for the device to explode... cause the deaths of thousands... or maybe blow up the White House...

But nothing happened.

"Uh... Deathstroke are you picking up any Radio Frequencies?" Agent Faraday asked.

"Uh... negative." Grant Wilson's dull tones sounded through Roy's ear. "Seems like the thing was a dud."

Roy paused as he slowly stood up. "A... dud?" He muttered. He turned to see Deathstroke calmly walking towards them. His sniper rifle hung over his shoulder and his mask pulled up from over his face. A smirk was on his lips.

"Happens sometimes." Grant muttered. "They have a bogus weapons deal and the sellers make a BIG profit."

Roy seemed to be having trouble comprehending the situation. "...this whole mission was pointless?" Deathstroke nodded. "People died..."

Deathstroke sighed as he picked up Cheshire's unconscious body. "People die everyday." He pointed out.

"The device has been dismantled."

Roy sighed as he sat in his chair. His wounds had been greatly healed. His equipment had been salvaged from the Onslaught's Headquarters. However the emotional toil of the mission couldn't be healed... everything... all the deaths Roy had caused... they hadn't been for the greater good. They'd been pointless.

"I'm glad the two of you have returned to us safely." Amanda Waller said as she stood before the three CADMUS Agents. "I'm even more happy that you were able to... 'prevent' the activation of this device."

Agent Faraday didn't seem to have been affected by the ordeal.

"Ma'am. Why would the HIVE tarnish their reputation for a small amount of money?" He asked.

"We don't know." Waller admitted. Grant Wilson laughed.

"Ha! Just like CADMUS intel!"

Amanda frowned at Grant for a moment before returning to her debriefing.

"At this current moment we have half a dozen agents scouring the Globe in search of the HIVE and any related organizations." She paused. "We're currently... unsuccessful."

"Why?" Roy muttered.

"Why what Agent Harper?"

"Why is HE an Agent of CADMUS?!" Roy stood up and pointed at Deathstroke who merely glanced at Roy's finger.

"'Cause I'm the best..." Grant muttered.

"Because you couldn't get the job done!" Waller yelled. "CADMUS needs the best if we're going to win this war against the Metas! We can't let something like... morality get in the way of our duty! Back on the Invisible Plane you had a chance to shoot that woman before you collapsed!" Roy fell silent as he tried to avoid Amanda's gaze. "Why didn't you?!" Roy said nothing. "You are an Agent of CADMUS Roy Harper. I expect you to do what the mission requires."

Belle Reve Penitentiary

"So why didn't you shoot me?" Cheshire asked as she sat in her cell. Roy was sat just outside. A force field of pure energy separating them.

"...you're skilled." Roy muttered. "We could pay you. You could work for us." Cheshire laughed.

"No..." She said quietly. "That's not it..." She walked slowly towards the field and placed her hand on it right near Roy's face. "You wouldn't let THAT get in the way of your mission... in fact..." She purred. "I think it's the same reason as why you're talking to me now."

Roy backed away from her.

"I'm always looking to improve..." He said. "I wanted to see what I could learn."

"Oh... that's so sweet..." Cheshire said. "I bet you practiced that a few times in the mirror before saying that to me..."

Roy stood up from his chair. "We're done here." He said as he walked down the hallway. He could hear Cheshire's laugh as the elevator door whirred shut behind him.

"I'll be waiting right here..."

Mesleyville, Somewhere in America

"Fazzzinating iz it not?"

"It is my Queen."

"Tricking the Onzlaught into PAYING uzzz to uze our own weapon! HA! Geniuzzz!"

"It was a great plan my Queen!"

Queen Bee laughed as she hovered in the air. Slowly the residents of Mesleyville bowed before her as she hovered in the air. The weapon had been very effective.

"It wazzz... wazn't it? ...all hail the HIVE!"

"ALL HAIL THE QUEEN!" Thousands of the HIVE Drones yelled from bellow her.

No Caption Provided

THE END!

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It ended up being really cool still, at least IMO.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1