Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Monarch_Chronicle

Suggested for 12 & up

Disclaimer: This characters belong to Warner Bros. and DC Comics

DC Mayhem Presents Adventure Comics:

Anger. Anger can consume, engulf and destroy. Some would say that anger is simply a channeling method. A road to understanding and acceptance if you will. Ya I know, and some people think there is a man who dresses as a Bat and roams around metropolis at night. I say the only thing these 'some' people have in common is a bad sense of direction. Anger an't something I use because I don't understand. I use it BECAUSE I understand, It IS the road and revenge is the point B. Joker is point B.

Jason sat alone, in a dark night lit alley way he sat alone. Even though he broke out of the Asylum he was still stuck. The gentle rain spilled over him as he gave into the exhaustion. He was not sure if he was dead, though that was not new, he had been dead before. He shrugged off the itching cold and tried to sit up. He lost his strength and sank back to his weakness, back to exhaustion. He looked up towards the opening of the alley and saw a TV in the top corner of a musky bar across the wet lamp lit street.

"We join you live in Gotham square, where the New Years ball is about it start its drop!"

Jason stirred, perking his damp head.

"We at channel GCN would like to remind and celebrate with everyone as we ask the question what you look forward to in the coming year! Give us a shout at twitter @GothamCityNews1. Annnnd Yes! Our viewers have responded to our online poll saying they look forward to the First Joker free year in recent memory thanks to..."

Though the news caster continued, Silence seemed to fall like a curtain on Jason...anger was building. Drawing from every corner of his being. He focused then lost control like a spasm of emotion.

"Dead!? DEAD?!" He roared into the still rainy breathing heavily into the night. He lost his chance. Someone admirable j***@$$ had done in the clown.

His vengeance, his right, his need to kill the Joker suddenly gone. So the clown had bit the dust? The Crown Prick of Crazy finally meet someone who was wise enough to snap his neck rather then give him the old asylum vacation?

"So, ushering In a new year let’s start the count down!" said the attractive news caster with a smile.

Jason saw his cut and torn reflection in the window of the bar and knew something was wrong in the grand scheme of life's cruel play. No, this was Jokers style, fake death. Go for the laugh. He always liked that cheap crap.

"10"

He turned, looking as his vision became distorted and foggy.

"9"

Was he going to pass out? No this was weirder, much weirder.

"8"

His surrounds became distilled, less sharp as they swam out of focus.

"7"

"Alright I'm dying"

"6"

He heard a cold laugh echo, and tried to locate the noise but couldn't,

"5"

It felt as though he were drowning.

"4"

The voice came again, noticeable but not identifiable.

"3"

"Come now Jason, the board is not set, the scale not yet tipped"

"2"

"Who...?" Jason making to get up found strength where he had, moments earlier, had not"

"1"

"Me?" The figure considered Jason then said "For you Jason, I will bring the chaos you crave" he nodded, and the world righted itself. Unbelieving, Todd looked up to see the celebration as Gotham danced to the new year.

"Happy New Years"

Happy New Years mom. Jason looked out into the darkness, his emptiness conquering him once more has he made his new year’s resolution that somewhere out there it was the clowns last party. His last laugh.

————

"Surely NOT! My King?" Garth, Tempest of the seas, side to Aquaman, was struck with disbelief by his mentors decision.

"I see no reason to crucify these men Garth. Cast them outside our shores and leave be" came the strong voice of Arthur Curry, King of Atlantis, in the Throne room. He spoke of three men, all who had been found guilty hunting our Majestic brethren from the northern waters. This act not only defied our laws but their own as well.

Garth was affronted, surely these 3 men that cowered, the scum, had done enough great wrong to draw punishment. "But my King, surely yo--"began the Young Atlantan.

"Do not purse this" Arthur's tone was mild but it carried a hint of consequences with it's finality. "As King, I must think about Atlantis Long-term state my stead." He paused and considered the men now pleading in a non distinctive ways.

Garth, normally mild, grit his teeth in disapproval. He would not let it go unpunished. Surely Arthur had simply miss understood what they had done. He would remind his King.

"They kidnapped and gutted our shallow shored finwhales!" He had meant to speak calmly, from a place of reason. But the words shook with anger. Murmurs echoed throughout the chambers as eyes of the gathered Atlantans turned to their King.

"I am sorry you feel that this is not justice Garth. But understand this. Justice is not revenge. Would you like us to start hunting their number? No. We will not escalate the situation; we are at a fragile relation as it is. Enough, your King has spoken" Aquaman insisted for Garth looked like he might say more to his opinion.

"As is willed, My King"

"Good, now chuck these..." He tossed the men a look that said nothing but hatred was felt by the Ruler of the 7 seas "cowards out of our waters"

Garth seized the chains restraining the criminals and turned his back towards the court and his king. He knew what he wanted to do...what he was going to do would haunt him but the thought that they would get away with this was absurd. A scare was necessary, that's all. Just a fair warning.

————

"Give it to me straight doc. Sorry, did they have doctors on mars?"

The martian across from Courtney Whitmore smiled. As he considered the young hero who sat in front of him, clearly dreading what he was about to tell her and instead tried to change the grim subject. The jolly green giant decided to indulge her for a little.

"We more had community healers. They, like the culture around them, believed the first step to any recover was understanding." He sighed in tragic memory.

"I'm sorry Mr. Jones I'm just nervous..."

"It's alright, and call me John. They thought that any illness could be solved through the mind before worrying about the body" he studied her closely before turning to her file.

"Courtney"

"Yes John?" She looked up from her knees, a knowing disappointed look in her face.

"I cannot approve you continuing to be Stargirl." He chose not to start a mental link and explain it that way, a tip credited to Kara. But truth be told, given the nature of the reason, he might not have been able to effectively communicate to Courtney through a link even if he wanted to.

"The cosmic staff, as you know, connects the user to a cosmic quantum field of existence. Then acts as a conductor, emitting such energy. As a Martian, I have seen little that matches the beauty of the nexus that is being woven through you mind...but I am concerned it will become unsupportable long-term." He paused to allow Courtney to catch up to her emotions.

"B-but John! That does not mean I have to quit entirely! Surely there might be a...a, I...don't know a solution? I mean I thought those council sessions were to try and..." her words failed as her voiced broke. Tears started to rush down her face as she reddened. She felt empty and sick. She felt as though she lost the world. She would not fly, she wound not be able to create her hearts whims out of that wonderful pale blue light. As if to answer he pain the staff clutched in her right hand began to shake and glow.

Suddenly a voice projected itself from the staff as though to speak. "I her your wows girl, they are needed for my harmony"

What? What did that mean? Courtney instinctively looked you at John Jones but he was not there. Nether, as she came to release was the desk, chairs or even office that she had occupied moments earlier.

She was elsewhere, not remotely anywhere that looked like Keystone city. As she took in her new surroundings a figure floated towards her. Arms folded behind its back (it for it looked neither truly male nor female) he glided slowly towards our young hero who looked stunned but no scared. Simply thinking this was a villains cheap trick she drew herself,

"Look, I don't know who you are, but as of today I'm no longer Stargirl, so you might want to try another heroine to capture and dangle like a carrot" she turned to go, gripping her staff tightly as she scanned for a exit but before she moved two paces the voice came again.

"No longer Stargirl?! My dear sure green may say so, but how about getting a second opinion from white and black?"

No Caption Provided

————

Avatar image for monarch_chronicle
Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Give me a few, I'll dig into it once I come down from my coffee high and get settled. :D

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Not bad. It has a few punctuation and grammar errors that break up the immersion but the characterization is good, and you seem to have a good grasp on the characters you're using, and a good idea of where you want the story to go. Thumbs up.

Avatar image for monarch_chronicle
Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

DUM DUM DUM!!!!!

i like it. i'll add you to my DC Mayhem::JL pm so you can be updated with all of the goings ons