DC Mayhem: Justice Society of America #13

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

#1  Edited By Joygirl

Okay folks, it's been a while, hasn't it? Been away from Mayhem and working on some other projects, but for those who followed the old titles -- here we go! A shorter issue to get me back into the swing of things, but one I think you'll all have fun with.

For new readers thinking "What's this JSA thingy?", JSA is an older DC Mayhem title. You can find the entire DC Mayhem library, including the rest of JSA and it's satellite stories, here.

So without further ado, the very, very long-awaited Justice Society of America #13

----------------------

“I have connected four,” Vic said triumphantly, leaning back in the plush sofa of Jason Blood's study. “Clearly, I am the superior player.”

In front of him sat a Connect Four game on a coffee table, an oversized mug of Seattle's Best beside it. On the other side of the table was nobody at all. “Ah, I sore loser, I see,” Vic said smugly, allowing himself a small smile. “Very well, I grant you the honor of a rematch. Let's see if you can defeat me this time.” He then unceremoniously dumped the pieces back onto the table and divided them into two piles, setting the game back in the center.

As he reached for a black piece and slid it into place, he paused briefly. The rest of the JSA had left about an hour ago after a quick 'training session' designed to get used to the general tactics that were known to be used by Lobo, the intergalactic bounty hunter that the team were soon to cross paths with. Their mission, they had said, was diplomatic – Lobo was marked to destroy Trigon, so it was only natural that if they could get the czarnian on their side, he would be yet another asset in the fight.

An asset, unlike the Question. Who sat alone at Blood Manor, playing Connect Four with himself.

You know there's no way we can bring you with us,” Kara – Power Girl – had said. “The curse will kill you before you can be of any use. Bleez and Creeper are nearly indestructible, but you aren't. Letting you stay behind is the only responsible decision.”

She was right, of course. The chances of Vic falling and hitting his head on a rock were quite high, and his chances of being in any way helpful were equally low. If only there was something he could do from here, something that he could do that could tip the balances in the favor of the JSA. There had to be something he could do – he had all of Blood Manor at his disposal. A place that currently housed both Jason Blood, a master demonologist, and Raven, an azarathian sorceress.

Victor looked up, snapping his fingers. Magic couldn't be that hard, could it? Normal people learned it all the time, and Vic was the Question. A master detective, a highly-intelligent operative that specialized in decoding and deducing. With all of those books....

---------------------

“Come on out, Lobo. We've traced you here – we need to talk.” Power Girl stood in front of the door to a seedy motel in downtown Jump City, knocking firmly at the door. The rest of the team stood behind her expressing varying states of interest, ranging from Starfire's awkward fidgeting to Creeper's picking ruthless kicking and clawing at the soda machine, which adamantly refused to dispense a Dr. Pepper.

“Maybe he isn't home,” Etrigan growled quietly.

“He's home,” Raven mumbled, standing at the back of the group. When Lobo found out who tracked him here, chances were good he wouldn't be pleased with that person.

“Lobo.” Power Girl reiterated, pausing for a long moment and waiting for an answer before sighing. “If you come out, I'll take my top off.”

The door swung open, splintering on the opposite wall and exposing the bulky, hairless, dreadlocked figure of Lobo – the Main Man, the last son of Czarnia, the 'Bo. The man who destroyed everyone on his own planet for kicks. “Why didn't ya say so?” he said with a wide, fanged grin, chomping down firmly on a cigar and setting one hand on the door-buck.

“We need to talk to you about Trigon,” Kara said, taking one step back to escape the man's... pungent, odor. “We believe we may... need your help.”

“Sure baby, I'm listenin',” Lobo's grin widened. His eyes were, for lack of a better term, not meeting Kara's eyes. “But first I do believe you offered a certain service.”

“And you thought I was serious?” Power Girl arched a brow, twisting her lips in a disappointed expression. “Look, we tracked you here because you were mar–” The kryptonian was cut off by Lobo lifting up the mostly-destroyed door and setting it back in its frame, retreating wordlessly into his motel room.

“I– dammit Lobo, this is important!”

Silence.

Power Girl exhaled slowly, glancing back to the rest of the team. “Can one of you make sure Creeper doesn't see this?” she said.

Starfire glanced around quickly at the other members of the team. Raven's eyes were on the ground, but Etrigan and Bleez were both keenly observing the kryptonian, waiting for what would come next. “I suppose I shall,” she said tentatively. “Heeeere, Creepy Creepy, I have a snack for you.”

“Snacks?” Creeper said, loping excitedly after the tamaranean as she started leading him away from the motel. With a heavy sigh, Kara gripped the sides of her boob-window and stretched them open, her assets bouncing free.

Etrigan released a small puff of flame from his lips.

A thin trickle of plasma began to leak down Bleez's chin. “By the Blood Ocean, they're amazing,” she whispered.

Raven glanced up briefly, her eyes widening.

“Alright, Lobo, have it your way!” Kara called out. The door toppled again, and the Main Man came back into sight, putting his cigar out on his tongue.

“Y'see, now we're talkin',” the czarnian uttered a pleased growl. “Now what were ya saying about this Trigon guy?”

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

Oh lord ..... This....this is pure mayhem.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By dngn4774
@avenging_x_bolt said:

Oh lord ..... This....this is pure mayhem.

EDIT: Comicvine keeps eating this video. It was supposed to be the Vincent Price laugh. I will let your imagination fill in the blanks

Loading Video...
Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#6  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

@joygirl

The Question studying magic... No way that goes wrong.

This was pretty funny. From Vic playing connect four against himself, to your descriptions of Lobo.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22