Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

For more Mayhem, click here!

------------------------------------------------

“Give the lady a prize,” Eddie crooned, leaning back against the bare wood wall of the shack he occupied, pushing his comically scrawny legs out in front of him. “You've got more brains in that little blond head of yours than I gave you credit for.”

“Why in the world did you run? I could have helped you – we could have helped you, as a team.” Kara frowned down at the man. His shirt was partially unbuttoned, showing off his sweat-slick, sparsely-haired bird chest. “I have Dr. Mid-Nite on call from his time with the old JSA, he could have put you on a program.”

“My problem isn't chemical, Miss Starr.” Eddie said resolutely, letting out a shaky breath. “It's psychological, not something I believe your doctor is fit to deal with. I could barely tolerate the time I spent on Mars with the rest of you. I... I itch, Kara.”

A long silence passed between the two of them. The difference, the contrast, could have been amusing if the scenario were not so serious – Power Girl was tall, bright, powerful. Riddler was thin, dark, and cerebral. One was at the top of her game, leader of one of Earth's mightiest teams. The other had hit rock bottom.

“...What are you going to do?”

“Deal with it, in whatever way I have to. My demons belong to me – you have your own to deal with.” Eddie let out a small, weak snicker. “How is Etrigan, anyway?”

“Grouchy as usual. He's lost a little weight.”

“That's good. I kept telling him he was starting to let himself go.” Another weak smile from the Riddler, his dark-rimmed eyes looking up at the kryptonian. They were pleading, and she could see it. Begging. 'Don't help me,' they whispered. 'Please, don't help me.'

“I hope you find what you're looking for Edward.” Kara said softly.

Riddler smirked, dragging his tongue hesitantly across dry, cracked lips. “Try expanding that window in your outfit a bit, maybe I will.”

--------------------------------------------

“This is kind of embarrassing,” Raven said with a frown. “I mean, Kara did say this was a practice mission but really... the Royal Flush Gang. They look even less impressive in person.”

This latest incarnation was, admittedly... lackluster, however. Ten, for example, looked like a cross between C-3P0 and Robocop and about that efficient.

“Honestly,” Raven's deadpanned continued. “Any one of us could probably take on the entire team.”

“I'm fairly certain that I couldn't,” Question clucked idly, folding his arms and looking up at the quintet of flying playing cards. “Do I count?”

“Given your own choice, you wouldn't be here. So no,” Etrigan growled. The hardlight spear that had recently been embedded in his head was slowly dissolving at his feet, burning a deep pit into the concrete beneath him. He'd never admit that the wound genuinely stung, burned him in a way even the fires of Hell had not truly prepared him for.

Speaking of the Red Angel, Bleez had her arms and wings both folded, her expression like that of an ornery teenager who was pretending to have no fun at all, but was, in reality, chomping at the bit with anticipation. She could barely stand the levels of rage that had been building within her – withholding it, keeping it inside of her, had been burning at her like an ulcer. Considering that her blood was literally replaced by arcane napalm, that meant something serious.

“Have they noticed us yet, I wonder?” Starfire cooed, glancing up at the sky. Cash was dripping casually from the Gang's latest haul, a small stream raining from their fleet of hovering cards. She was answered by a sudden laser blast that missed her so widely it was difficult to determine whether or not it had actually been aimed at her. “Oh my. I suppose so.”

“Is it just me, or does Jack kind of look like Ryan Reynolds fell in with the wrong crowd?” Creeper said with a smirk, perching atop the base of a small Abraham Lincoln statue near where the team was standing.

“Who?” Starfire said.

“Oh my... hm... alien, alien, demon, alien/demon; I'm the only person who's going to get these pop culture references aren't I? That's sad.”

“I got it,” Question said dryly. “And no, it's not just you. Also, if that was him with that laser, he's a simply... terrible shot.”

A few more shots were hilariously missed as the Royal Flush Gang circled above, hollering out taunts and jeers that nobody could quite make out from that distance. “Are they gonna stay up there?” Creeper asked, tilting his head. “Because I don't fly without Red Bull first. Anyone have a Red Bull?”

“I drank the last one back at the manor,” Starfire said apologetically.

“So it was yoooou.” Creeper growled. “This transgression shall not be forgotten.”

Victor muttered something and reached into the inside pocket of his trenchcoat, withdrawing a pack of cigarettes and tapping it idly against his opposite hand before pulling one out and fitting it between his formless lips. “Well, I suppose I'll stay down here then, until something actually happens.” Shielding himself from the wind, he lit the cylinder of paper and tobacco and, somehow, took a deep breath from it. “Maybe they'll accidentally hit one of us and we'll be forced into action.”

“I doubt anyone will get hit as long as they're still actually aiming. Where did they get those weapons anyway?” Raven scratched herself behind the ear boredly.

“Who knows, honestly.”

Enough!” Bleez roared suddenly, her wings stretching out and reaching their full span. “Enough waiting, enough talking, I will destroy them all!”

“Wait, friend Bleez!” Starfire cried out as the Red Lantern rushed upward towards the Gang, her body glowing with a dim scarlet aura. “...Kara said no casualties....”

“Don't. Wait. Stop.” Raven droned.

Creeper chewed the inside of his cheek in annoyance. “Well this was anticlimacti-- ooh, I don't think she heard you, princess.”

Starfire glanced down sadly at the limb that had just fallen in front of her. “No, I don't suppose she did.”

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@joygirl: Nice to see that this story is back in production. This is my favorite series of yours and I'm looking forward to reading more. I'm kinda hoping for a new bad guy to step in. So far the only notable villain this team has fought was Bizarro and that was over 5 issues ago.

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Irishlad

For lack of a better term.... I LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVED THIS!

Great to see the series back

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774:

You are absolutely right. The villain for this arc is Trigon but he is not exactly epic-battle material. I plan to introduce some new villains very soon... some pretty awesome villains.

@irishlad:

Thanks muchly. ^_^

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Pyrogram

@joygirl:

Thanks for linking me too this, It was really engaging "Yoouuuuu wrote this awesomeness" To copy a phrase from creeps :P Well doneee!

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#7  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@joygirl said:

@avenging_x_bolt:

Srsly? You always have at least some kinda Creeper gripe.

yeah, i've removed the shards of glass from my butt and mellowed out. besides, this is your interpretation. go ahead proceed and milovely

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@avenging_x_bolt:

yeah, i've removed the shards of glass from my butt and mellowed out. besides, this is your interpretation. go ahead proceed and milovely

Oh, so you DO still have some problems with it? :P

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@joygirl said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@joygirl said:

@avenging_x_bolt:

Oh, so you DO still have some problems with it? :P

yeah, apparently some of the pieces were stuck REALLY FA---oh, you mean about the Creeper thing.....nah im good.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#12 wildvine  Moderator

@joygirl

Again, I am impressed by your ability to spotlight everyone on the team. So bravo there. I loved the Ridder's line about Powergirl's outfit. Imy only gripe is length. Your stories are normally longer. I hope this is only set up to the next issue (hopefully coming soon) as always, this is my fave series you write. <3

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Joygirl

Bump

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers