Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

Part Two:

I had lost track of time. Before the incident, days would run together like fog, a distant memory of event, never knowing when they actually took place. It had seemed like days since I was on the island, but I would later find out it was a much longer time. Eventually, all else became meaningless. I lived to survive. I hunted, I ate, I slept, end of story. During that time which had become so forgotten to me, I learned to master the art of using a bow and arrow…I was good…better than most. I would fashion arrows out of out of scraps from jungle wood and bits of sharp objects I’d find.

It was a long time before I saw another human face…I had almost completely forgotten how to talk…but it all changed the day I broke my first rule: Never venture too far into the jungle. On that day I saw two men with guns patrolling the perimeter. I darted away like a rabbit, but the heard the rustling of leaves as I ran.

“Over there!” One shouted, firing bursts into the thick dense jungle. After a few rounds, he turned to his comrade, “you see that?!” He asked him.

“Didn’t see nothing.”

For the first time in my life I had heard something not made of God’s green Earth…something man made…the stink of gunpowder. I shot an arrow at one of them, it whizzed through the air with such beauty. It stuck straight through a man’s arm. In shock, he accidentally pulled his trigger as he moved his arm back, shooting his partner. I had seized the advantage and threw a powerful blow! Two more and he was sporting a concussion and fell to the ground unconscious.

In confusion, I ran back the beach, and dropped to the ground. I remember the soft warm sand in my bare legs…it was a comfort…it was home.

I heard the sound of leaves moving behind me, and quickly snapped my head back, with reflexes I had earned during my time on the island, I aimed my bow as I spun around to find

“A woman?!”

“Please don’t hurt me!” She cried between sobs.

I lowered my bow, slowly, “I-I don’t understand…what happened…who are you?”

“My name is Rachel Smith,” she had told me, “I was brought here two years ago when people trick me into coming here. They told me I could make money, then next thing I knew…I’m a slave.”

“Sweet Jesus…” I whispered.

“Please don’t send me back to Chien Na Wiet!” She cried. “PLEASE don’t!” She backed away in shock, crying like a madman. “THEY SAY WE’RE HERE SINCE NOBODY WILL MISS US!”

I remember thinking that that made sense. Nobody would miss drunken millionaire, Oliver Queen. I knew this shouldn’t be happening. Innocent people shouldn’t be enslaved. I didn’t even know why, I just knew…

“…How can I help?”

“By dropping the bow and putting your hands in the air!” Came an all too familiar voice from behind me.

“Please don’t kill me!” Rachel cried. “I have a baby and a husband!”

“Shut up, cow.” The voice said.

I saw him, it was him! It was—

“Hackett?!”

“I’m afraid so,” he said. “But I can’t just let you two go free and ruin years of planning…no…I’ll finish the job I botched years ago…”

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

COMMENTS, ANYONE?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#3  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Teh sweetness

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By BatteredArmor

Awesomeness

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#5  Edited By RazzaTazz
@BlackArmor said:
Awesomeness
Agreed, your writing fits the character really well, don't be too concerned about a lack of comments, it is sadly  way of life in fan fic
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#6  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

could be shaping up to be one of your best IMO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Avenging X Bolt: It is, isn't it? @BlackArmor: I KNOW! @Razzatazz: I KNOW! It sucks, but I guess that's just the way it is. Gotta ignore the no comments and not take it as an insult and think nobody likes it (which is hard for me. @spiderbat87: *abandons all plans for independent fan fics.* THANK YOU SO SO SO SO MUCH!