Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

Part Four:

I vividly remember the scurrying sound of footsteps behind me as I darted through the jungle. I had become so attuned to the things around me that a man made sound like footsteps changed my pattern and made it easier to detect.

I brushed my way past leaves, while tree branches lashed out at me, thorns scraped against my skin and drew blood from me…I was so frantic to get away I didn’t notice the edge of the hill.

I tumbled down the rock hill, bumping and bruising myself on my way to the center of the crater. Blood spattered into my eyes, and instinctively, I reached out to stop my fall…I can still remember the pain from my mistake. Bones snapped, flesh tore, and I cried out in agony as my shoulder was wrenched from it’s socket. It was the worst pain I had felt in what I imagine were years.

I landed in the center of the large crater, blood slowly draining from my body as I grew weaker. The crater held the crimson liquid like a cup holds water, and I thought this would be the end…until I heard a familiar voice before the darkness engulfed me.

“Don’t worry, Ollie…we’re not done with you yet.”

The voice was all too familiar…Hackett.

When I awoke, my skull was burning, and my headache threatened to reduce my head to ashes should I try to move. I felt cracked all over…cracked like broken glass. I tried futilely to move my arms, until eventually, a gun fell into my line of sight, and a white haired Asian woman gave me a look as she stood over me.

“Welcome, Oliver Queen,” she told me, “to the drug trades.”

“Wh-what?” I had asked, still dazed.

“My guards caught you during your fall and brought you here for safe keeping…don’t worry.” She paused, as if to be dramatic. “We need a man like you to help harvest the poppies…opium don’t grow itself.” Her words were ice, and she had a slightly cheerful tone. “I control half the world’s illegal drug corporations through here. Any employers want something, they can come to me.”

“What?” I repeated.

She let out a sigh, and put the gun down, realizing I was of no threat to her. “My guards picked you up three months ago, Oliver…you’ve been in a coma for quite a while…welcome to my slavery…me name is Chien Na Wiet…please enjoy your stay.”

She left me alone in the dark, and the name registered, “China White.”

The days once again blurred together, as I spent month after month growing opium for the outside world. I discovered that I never met inhabited life because all the natives were enslaved as well. I befriended one particular native named Uru Daj...a peculiar name at best.

One night, while we were in our huts, he awoke me in the middle of the night before the work hours. He spoke one sentence to me, “Mr. Queen, my project is finished.”

“What the hell are you talking about, Uru?” I mumbled, still half asleep.

He began digging through a sack, trying to fish something out. “There were rumors for years about a man who hunted outside the slave camps…he defied the oppressors using nothing but a bow and arrow…we called him the Green Arrow.” He finally pulled out a bow and several arrows from his sack. “You talk in your sleep, Oliver. I know who you are…and I made you this.” He offered it to me, and I took it without hesitation.

“You have your weapon, Oliver.” He told me, “you have the means to free us…use it well.”

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

bump