Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TommytheHitman

Hero Complex: Part 2 of 5

Central City, 12:39 AM

Operating a bank in any City was a risky business, especially in America. To the average costumed psychopath a bank was like a lunch box filed with sweets, tasty goodness ripe for the taking. A steel vault door and some security guards wouldn't do much against a single person with super powers and gadgets. Case in point:

"Ladies and Gentlemen! This line is gonna sound a bit... cliche! But I'm gonna say it anyway!"

No Caption Provided

Leonard Snart pulled his cold gun out from his costume's custom holster and activated its 'fire' setting. The tip of the gun lit up with bright blue energy, accompanied by a soft electronic him as the weapon prepared to fire.

"FREEZE!" He yelled, slightly enjoying himself as people started to scream at the costumed criminal running in.

Snart fired his weapon at the large bronze statue in the middle of the room. It was of a faceless figure somewhat resembling the Lady of Justice statue in Gotham, the statue was quickly covered with unnatural freezing ice and slowly began to crack beneath the increased pressure before completely crumbling into dust and debris. As Captain Cold stepped into the bank he fired a few more quick blasts at several of the security guards knocking them to the ground before firing a shot at the security camera near the ceiling.

"SHUT UP!" Cold yelled before firing his gun up into the air to get everyone's attention (as well as to stop the irritating sound of everyone screaming). The cries stopped as Snart stepped atop one of the cashier tills surrounding the remains of the destroyed stature. "I said 'freeze'!" He snapped. "Not 'start screaming'!" He pointed his gun towards one of the bank staff behind the till. "Empty out the till." He ordered, he had no intention of shooting the kid... but he didn't know that. The staff guy seemed confused, he was young and probably relatively inexperienced at his job.

"D...don't you want the Vault?" He asked.

The Vault would take too much time. It was really only an option for a full on heist. This was just a small cash grab. Nothing major.

"I'm crazy, not suicidal." Cold grumbled as he cashier started opening the bank's equivalent to a bag of jelly beans. Snart pulled out a brown bag tied to his belt and shoved it towards the cashier, making his message relatively clear. "Money. Bag. Now." The cashier nodded quickly before shoving handfuls of green paper money into the Cold's bag, the feeling of overwhelming success flowing over Snart was glorious, he'd done this ALL alone, he didn't need the cash, he already had more money then he knew what to do with... this was about sending a message.

Captain Cold didn't need anyone.

"Alright everyone!" The doors to the bank burst open as a group of black costumed teenagers walked in. "Free-" The teenagers stopped in their tracks and stared at the Evil Santa Claus stood atop the Cashier till before them. Santa stared back. "What the f#ck?!" One of them yelled.

"What the hell is this?!" Cold yelled, he jumped down from the till and approached the group of teens that had just entered. There was 5 of them in total... and they all seemed relatively young, the oldest being in his early twenties with the youngest being about 15, most of them were male, however they did have one female stood at the front, judging from her stature she was the leader of this assortment, all the kids were dressed in black punkish clothes and they all seemed amused by the costumed geezer walking towards them. "What the hell is THIS?!" Cold repeated upon getting into spitting distance of the group.

"The hell are you supposed to be?" One of the kids snorted, he was the tallest out of all of them... and his skin was seemingly made of brown rock with yellow slits where his eyes should be. He wore jeans around his waist however judging by the pieces of fabric around the kid's torso his shirt hadn't survived the transformation. The kid's rock skin was all chipped and scratched, probably from battles fought in the past.

"I'm the guy robbing this place!" Cold yelled, confusion and anger dominating his mind. "Who the hell are YOU?!"

The girl stepped forward, her bright red mohawk hair seeming out of place compared to the blackness of her outfit, her skin was incredibly pale and she was carrying what appeared to be a wooden staff in her hands. Yep... she was clearly the leader of these anxt ridden teens. "Nega Death Rally 5." She answered before turning towards her team, "Rock, Anxt and Reaper, head to the Vault." She ordered. The muscle guy and two of the other kids all dashed away from the group before heading towards the Vault towards the back of the bank.

"I... I was robbing this place!" Cold stammered. "You can't just-" The girl ignored him while turning towards her partner, a somewhat thin, albino lad with a black lightning bolt tattooed on his forehead.

"Anyone tries to move, kill 'em." She instructed. The bolt guy nodded, his tattoo seemingly shimmering with energy.

"What about HIM?" He asked, referring to Snart, the kid's voice crackled like a radio from the 1940s, his eyes were a dull grey as he stared at the Captain, his face utterly emotionless... like one of the actors from Twilight.

"I'm not letting you kill anyone." Cold growled, his fingers tensing around his Cold gun. The girl seemed mildly irritated by the Captain's sheer presence, she looked right at him, her bright red hair flickering with hot embers on the end.

"I'll deal with him." She answered while pointing her staff's front to the ground while pointing the other end directly behind her. Cold snapped his gun right up and aimed it at the teenaged brat that had somehow ruined his heist in less then 2 minutes.

"Good luck with-" He started to say.

PWOP!

Leonard felt his body get destroyed and rebuilt in a split second, pain flashed through his mind until he finally rematerialized elsewhere.

"-that." Captain Cold looked at his surroundings. Wherever he was... it wasn't Central City. The surrounding area was dark, dysmal and had graffiti sprayed across the surrounding buildings of the dark alley Cold had spawned in. Somehow despite it being the middle of the day the sky was pitch black. Possibly due to pollution. Leonard pulled back his hood and popped out his cell phone.

"Hi, Lisa." He said after dialling his sister, his Cold gun hanging by his side. He knew where he was already.

"I'm in Gotham."

It hadn't been a very productive day.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RedHood13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Great chapter!!! The Gotham part made me laugh. Still anxious to see what this universe's Batman is. In theory, this city would be filled with heroes, with all the super-villains running around the place.

I really liked the moment where it seemed like he was becoming more of a hero when he was pitted against that Nega Death Rally 5. Are those OC's? And if so have you ever-written them before?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Great chapter!!! The Gotham part made me laugh. Still anxious to see what this universe's Batman is. In theory, this city would be filled with heroes, with all the super-villains running around the place.

Eh, he probably killed most of them.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@tommythehitman: Very good.

My only complaint is the brackets for (as well as to stop the irritating sound of everyone screaming). ?? A comma would've sufficed

Also is Nega Death Rally 5 a homage to Negasonic Teenage Warhead over in Marvel?

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redhood13 and @waezi2

Why does everyone assume I kill off all my characters? Yep they are all Originalish Characters.

@batkevin74

They're inspired by all the anxt ridden teenagers in the world. So probably.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: No, I meant Batman. Batman probably killed guys like Egghead and Ten-Eyed Man

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers