TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Hero Complex: Part 1 of 5

"Aw, crap..."

It was official. Central City was worse then Gotham.

Granted, on the surface Central clearly seemed much cleaner, sunnier and more... happy then the City of Gotham, what with the endless horde of psychopaths and assassins running around the place... but there was just something about Central that seemed to attract the odd, the weird and the downright crazy.

"It's space army Tuesday AGAIN?!"

Case in point. The large orange portal opening in the middle of the street had become pretty routine to the police force tasked with protecting their City. It tended to open every couple of weeks... always on a Tuesday at 12:09 on the dot. Right in the middle of the afternoon. A couple of invaders would arrive and start shooting everything that moved before disappearing back whereever they came from. People were debating whether they were actually Aliens or if they were from another Dimension. However if Detective Singh of Central City had to choose... he would have gone with both of the above. It didn't matter where they were from, it just mattered that they kept retreating before the Police ever gained the chance to find out what the hell they were doing.

"Has anything emerged from the portal yet?" Singh asked, walking towards the nearest police officer behind the safety of the police barracade established out of Police Cars and SWAT Vans. There were a couple dozen SWAT Officers on the scene, all were casually chatting while dressed in kevlar body armour and wielding assault rifles. CCPD took this sort of thing very seriously.

"Not yet, sir." The officer replied, seemingly nervous. "Portal's been quiet so far." The officer's badge read 'Jones'. he seemed new and inexperienced. Probably his first time dealing with such a problem.

"Right..." Singh checked his watch before wiping sweat from his forehead, it was a warm, sunny day... with the heat generated by the orange portal only making it worse. "Don't worry, kid." He patted the officer on the shoulder. "You get used to this stuff after awhile."

BOOM!!!

Seemingly out of nowhere the portal shot out a gigantic burst of bright yellow energy directly into the middle of the street before it sending several abandoned cars flipping through the air and crashing into the side of one of the buildings surrounding the area. Singh and his fellow officers all ducked behind their makeshift cover as a bolt of orange lightning blasted out from the black edges of the portal, dashing along the black concrete before crashing into one of the police SWAT vans sending the relatively large vehicle tumbling towards a group of SWAT officers that still hadn't dashed to cover. Luckily the officers managed to jump to the side out of the path of the metal death machine.

"Oh crap!" Singh yelled as a blast of lightning zipped over his head. A group of insectoid aliens resembling cockroaches emerged from the orange hole, most simply using their natural body armour for protection as their opponents opened fire on them, they were carrying energy blades upon their wrists resembling tonjas with bits of lightning crackling along the edges of their blades. Their leader was much thinner and taller then any of his teammates, he was wielding what seemed to be a wooden staff with a golden skull at the end and was dressed in tattered golden robes that rose up from his lower waist to the top of his skull, the hood mostly covering the top of his face with only his teeth being visible from beneath. The leader raised one of its clawed hands back towards the portal, summoning forward a bit of lightning before blasting it towards the police officers.

"Get down!"

Singh gasped as he was tackled to the ground, the lightning zapping where he'd been standing. The man that had tackled him to the ground was crouched to the ground, having pulled Officer Jones down with him, he was using the car for cover as lightning zapped all around him. He was dressed in a jacket similar to what people exploring the arctic would wear... and wielded a bulky, grey pistol that required both his hands to fire it. Singh knew who this guy was. They'd met several years earlier.

"Captain Cold?!" Singh yelled in surprise. The Captain bolted up from behind cover and fired his weapon at the Cockroach creatures, striking one of the creatures at the front of the group with the gun's blue ray, freezing the beast solid. Cold ducked back down as the creatures focused their fire upon him.

No Caption Provided

"The one and only." He grumbled while pulling out his phone and speed dialing a number. He put the phone to his ear. "You guys ready yet?!" He yelled once the phone had finished ringing.

"Sure are."

"Who are you talking to?!" Singh yelled before opening fire with his pistol, striking one of the creatures' in the chest knocking it to the ground.

"Look up." Cold said. Singh looked up to the sky... and saw quite the sight. Four figures were hovering above the battle, each dressed in a colourful costume.

"Holy crap..." Singh said, his jaw dropping as the figures dropped to the ground. Cold stood up and joined the group.

"Who the hell are you guys?!" Officer Jones asked.

"Well... whoever we are we're totally not the Rogues!" One of the younger members of the team yelled.

"We're..." Cold glanced at his teammates. "...still coming up with a name."

A few days earlier...

"So... what do you think?"

Leonard Snart looked at himself in the mirror before flexing his arm. He'd gained weight... quite a bit actually. Surprisingly that was what happened if you spent the last several years lounging about the house doing nothing other then lying around watching TV and drinking.

"I don't know..." Lisa Snart said, she was seated on Leonard's settee, watching as her brother tried out his classic outfit. "Seems a bit... dated." She smiled at the look on Len's face, he seemed utterly offended by what she'd just said.

"This costume is a classic!" He yelled, pulling his hood down and readjusting the blue visor covering his eyes. "You kids these days can't tell the difference between 'dated' and 'classic'." He glanced once again into the mirror. "...maybe I should try posing with the gun."

No Caption Provided

"Do you even have the gun anymore?" Lisa asked.

Cold scowled before opening up a small shoebox he'd left on the table. He pulled out his iconic freeze gun and smirked slightly before looking again at his reflection.

"There... much better."

"Not really." Lisa butted in. "You look like Evil Santa Claus."

"Oh thanks!" Leonard yelled, his eyebrows twitching as he lost his temper. "I'll remember that next time you ask for a loan!"

"I don't have to ask for anything." Lisa smirked. "You've given me everything I've ever needed." Cold smiled before hugging his sister.

"I just wanna help you, Lisa." He muttered.

"Then why the hell are you doing this?!"

"Because I'm bored!" Cold moaned, pulling his hood back and sitting down. "I'm rich! Can buy ANYTHING on the planet... and I'm starting to realize that I miss being a wanted criminal."

"So you're going to rob a bank?"

Cold grinned.

"Damn right."

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@tommythehitman: "It's space army Tuesday AGAIN?!" and "You look like Evil Santa Claus." Brilliant! :)

Really good, well paced and now I have to wait for the next issue. Good work.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RedHood13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nice job. It'll be interesting to see how the Rogues become....the Heroes?

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1