DC Converso: Ocean Master #1

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

“NO!” yelled Orm as he watched his half-brother Orin ram a trident through their mother’s back. “YOU MONSTER!”

The blonde killer flashed a smile. “You want a monster? You’ll get one one.”

Orm swam across the Atlantean court room and collided with Orin. The pair wrestled, tangling around each other like a pair of moray eels. Orm grabbed Orin’s exposed neck, attempting to rip his throat out when several tentacles enveloped him. A giant squid had answered Orin’s telepathic call and was now keeping Orm from dispensing justice.

“You have committed treason Orin!” Orm spat as he struggled against the cephalopod’s muscular tendrils.

“Call me Arthur,” he replied as he sat down on the carved coral throne. “King Arthur. Has a nice ring to it, don’t you think. And no it isn’t treason, it was regicide. Take him to the Trench and tear him limb from limb.”

The giant squid shot out of the palace dragging Orm behind him.

“Don’t you agree Ocean Master?” said US Secretary of State Daniel Dickerson. Orm smiled and nodded, he’d been miles away in his day dreams.

“What did you just call me?”

“Oh…um,” Dickerson looked at woman who was giving him phonetic cues to speak Atlantean. “I was…”

“Please, speak English,” said Orm. “You have tried valiantly to speak my native tongue but we shall get more done if we speak freely and without help.”

Dickerson smiled and dismissed the translator.

“Ocean Master,” Orm mused as he gazed off to the horizon from the deck of the aircraft carrier USS Harpoon. “It’s a little grandiose and pompous, more suited to my half-brother but a not totally untrue statement. I was told President Waller would be joining us.”

“She was called away last minute; she sends her apologies to you and all the Atlantean people but will make up for it.”

Orm walked to towards the edge of the flight deck, Dickerson followed in beside. “My people have always been wary of surface dwellers Mr Dickerson. Especially since you treat our home as a dumping ground and a place to steal from.”

Dickerson had no words. “I can only ap…”

“Please don’t. You don’t actually mean it. You merely seek a treaty with Atlantis because you’ve seen what my half-brother can do and are scared that an army of aquamen will invade you.” Orm stood on the edge. “Is this true?”

“Yes,” Dickerson sighed. “What with portals opening up in Central City and aliens with cosmic jewellery declaring martial law in Coast City we are justifiably worried about an undersea nation near our borders.”

“And this ‘super’ man?”

“Oh don’t get me started on him!” Dickerson cried.

“And Cosmos Colorado?”

Dickerson looked at Orm blankly “Where?”

“No…” Orm paused as he gazed out towards the horizon. “..matter. Mr Dickerson, I feel our meeting will be cut short.”

“Is something wrong?”

Orm grabbed the Secretary’s arm and ushered him back towards the command island. “Yes!”

Only several hundred feet away from the USS Harpoon four blue whales breached the surface in a spectacular fashion as the massive sea mammals didn’t normally do that. Riding upon the back of the lead whale was…

“AQUAMAN!” yelled Dickerson. “He’s supposed to be in jail!”

“Seems he didn’t like that,” said Orm as he pushed Dickerson into the arms of his security detail. “Get to safety, I’ll deal with him.”

Orm unbuckled his trident from his back as he raced across the flight deck as the flotilla of whales hit ramming speed, powering their way towards the naval vessel.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Good first issue. I'm digging how you're using Orm and like how you seem to be making him the Superman of this universe (he seems to be determined on doing the right thing so far). Give us another issue Batkev.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@batkevin74: So Aquaman used a trident to kill his mother, and Ocean Master now carries that trident around? Or is it a different trident? There could certainly be multiples in Atlantis. Quick start. Call me out for the next one, please.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@batkevin74: Nice. And thanks for the mentioning of Coast City

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

RedHood13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RedHood13

Great issue!!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redhood13: Thanks

@waezi2: Dickerson as SoS would know of these 'events' within his country, so it makes sense to mention them

@cbishop: The secret of the trident will be revealed in good time, not sure if it is that same trident though...might be as it could be like a royal thing and he HAS to use it

@tommythehitman: Orm is a hero, possible reluctant hero, because so far there isn't that many in this universe.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: Hmm I wonder if he'll team up with a surface dweller named Black Manta to take down the terror of the five oceans Aquaman

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ImpurestCheese
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By batkevin74
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ImpurestCheese
LeRizador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Some issues with grammar but not bad. I'm interested to read the next one

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Guardiandevil83

My boy Ocean Master written by the Bat?! ...ooooh I'm reading this so hard when I clock out!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lerizador: Can you point out the grammar errors so I can fix/check them. Only way I'll get better. Thanks

LeRizador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LeRizador

@lerizador: Can you point out the grammar errors so I can fix/check them. Only way I'll get better. Thanks

most of them are just not using commas.
"I love you Jack"
"I love you, Jack."
Correct^

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts