DC: 5th World Order- Superman Prologue

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Dr. Alexis Luthor had grown tired of working under the heel of the Overlords, her intellect had allowed her to attain a position of relative privilege among humans but it was never enough for her. She had grown up on tales of the ancient heroes and had been told that her ancestor had been considered the greatest enemy of the man said to be the greatest of all heroes. After the last of many projects denied to her by the Overlords she became fed up and began building a secret lab in Northern Canada thinking it would be far enough out of the way to be unnoticed and planned to clone an army capable of fighting her former masters on their own terms. She had managed to steal some genetic material and a mental template from the archives and brought it here. Now she looks on at her first and currently only kryptonian soldier. Superman had been powerful in his time but she had no need for heroes she needed a soldier so she had used the DNA of the man called Zod and intended to place his mental template in him to lead her army to victory.

As the clone was being prepped for the procedure the lab was attacked. Every thing she had built was destroyed as she escaped assuming her soldier went up in flames. Hours later a hand punched out of the rubble, the clone pulled himself out. He looked around confused, like a new born baby he didn't know who or where he was. As he walked through the ruined structure he noticed a small glowing crystal that seemed to beckon to him. He picked it up and started walking north as if compelled. He walked for several days blindly following the lead of this crystal until he came upon a larger structure that looked to be made of ice but felt different. A massive door slid open as he approached. He felt nervous but entered, as he entered the main room the place lit up and and a hologram appeared in front of him. It began to speak, " My name is Kal, I am an interactive holographic instructor based on the mental template of Kal-El of Krypton and I am here to guide you." The clone stared blankly at the hologram unsure of what was going on, the hologram had a look of understanding as it realized the clone had yet to learn any languages or anything else. It was aware that he was a clone as the appearance of the Kryptonian DNA within the hundred mile radius had activated the systems of the fortress and sent the crystal to lead him here. The fortress door closed as the hologram led him to another room to start the education process.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By nickthedevil

Quite good. Very good. And so it begins :)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

@nickthedevil: I think I jumped the gun a bit on posting this but I'm glad you liked it

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By nickthedevil

Eh, i'm sure it'll be fine man. It's not like you ruined anyone elses story or the entire concept. I too occasionally jump the gun.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

@nickthedevil: I was actually being purposefully vague about the world and kept my focus on my characters so I didn't cause anyone else trouble

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By BatteredArmor

Cool

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By batkevin74

Nice

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#7  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@joshmightbe: that was cool!

don't worry about what I said before...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@joshmightbe: Great fic! You are the first one to get a 5th World Order chapter up!

I win second place with a Teen Titans/Zoom crossover. :P

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By tomdickharry1984

It's a bad Bizarro :)

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

#10  Edited By TDK_1997

Really cool start.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#12  Edited By cbishop
@4donkeyjohnson said:

@joshmightbe: I saw this coz @cbishop bumped the 5th World library. Big paragraphs of text but good

Yay! Bumping does work!

I can tell this is earlier Josh' work though, even without the date on it. I can tell you were holding back (as you indicated in a previous comment) because your writing is better than this. This is still good, but it's not...josh' good. ;)

Added to my FF Long Box - Groups. :) ...or it WILL be, whenever they fix the new focking glitches this time around. >:(

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

It's a really good read and interesting intro.