Avatar image for renegade_lantern
Renegade Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Renegade Lantern

DISCLAIMER: All things Green Lantern, The Guardians, and any other mentions of DC characters belong to DC Comics!

Act 1: Awakening

Oa, 2 years ago

“Leonidas, you will report to sector 2814 and be a back up to Hal Jordan, your prior military training and great fighting ability will be beneficial to the protection of Earth “ says one of the Guardians to Leonidas. The brash Leonidas gladly accepts his orders and quickly leaves for Earth excited to work by the side of a well respected individual like Hal.

On the way to earth Leonidas encounters five alien vessels. “What the hell” Leonidas says. As the four smaller flyers began to fire stunning charges at the New Green Lantern while the lead larger vessel begins to place a tractor beam on him. Leonidas shoots a concussive energy blast at one of the flyers splitting it in half instantly. While the other flyers were making their evasive maneuvers Leonidas contacts the Guardians through his ring. “I’m stuck in some sort of tractor beam, I’m being pulled in by some ship requesting immediate backup” he says frantically. As the other ships pull around still shooting the stunning charges at him, Leonidas forms a brick wall construct causing one of the ships to crash directly into it. Suddenly an astral image of one of the Guardians appears to Leonidas as the two remaining smaller ships circle around and says “you will have to sustain this burden on your own Leonidas, we have more pressing matters to attend to at the moment” and with that the guardians image disappeared.

A look of shock came to the face Leonidas as he knew that he was now deserted in space alone to face these beings! One flyer came head on while the other came from behind. Stuck in the tractor beam movement was limited so as both ships fired upon him Leonidas was able to repel the ship coming head on and take it out in the process with his own blast but the odds were overwhelming and the ship that was behind him was able to connect with 2 blast severely stunning Leonidas and rendering him unconscious. He was then pulled into the ship through the beam.

Leonidas wakes up strapped to a table with his right arm on his side as he was crucified. He vaguely hears the words of two alien doctors that are working on him say “ after analyzing his left arm he is a good candidate for the procedure , we will fuse the rings power into his body and make him our slave” “Well what about his arm” says the other doctor. “That can be easily replaced, begin the fusing of the ring process now” As Leonidas looks to his left he see his left arm completely gone and passes out.

beep beep beep beep

Renegade Lantern wakes up in a cold sweat. He reaches over with his left cybernetic and turns off his alarm. “Another damn dream” he says to himself. They have been getting worse and worse RL thinks as he looks at his cybernetic arm. I’d be dead or a slave if it wasn’t for Eradicator, he gave me this arm in place of the other, I would have been a slave and the GL Corp did nothing while I was captured. A chill goes up the spine of Renegade Lantern as he gets out of bed, flashes of the day he was caught haunting his mind everyday for the past 2 years and lasts word spoken to him by the Guardians keep replaying in his mind “you will have to sustain this burden on your own Leonidas, we have more pressing matters to attend to at the moment” How can you choose me and then abandon me so easily, it’s been 2 years to the day and they’ve said nothing. I’ve fought the JLA with the Legion of Shadows they know I’m alive and still nothing no explanation no apology

The madness had consumed RL as the thought of the Guardians leaving him to suffer an unacceptable fate drills through him. For two years it's been driving RL insane and now it was time for him to face his demons. His eyes now being to glow green with anger as well as his cybernetic arm a wicked smile comes upon his face and a vengeful RL begins to speak aloud as if the Guardians were right in front of him “It’s your fault I lost my arm, It’s your fault I’m like this now, I used to be a good person. You wanted me to sustain the burden on my own Guardians now you’ll have to sustain the burden of ME and if anybody gets in my way their lives will be taken and that will be your fault too!”

Post Edited:2008-01-31 16:23:43

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Nighthunter

good work man.

oh the guardians are bad people lol

Avatar image for renegade_lantern
Renegade Lantern