deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

Cunning Chapter One: Business as Usual

Cunning Chapter Two: He Strikes Again

I pulled up to Vito's mansion the next day at ten in the morning. I cursed under my breath when I discovered that the media beat me there. Vito's younger brother Roberto had called in the murder earlier in the morning.

Media outlets from all across Chicago shoved past each other to get to the front of the gates for a look at the city's supposedly "Untouchable" mobster.

With a slam my car door shut and I made my way to the gates. The media was on me within seconds.

"Chicago Citizens Newspaper, can I get a quote?" A lean reporter asked me.

"Laura McCay, evening news," said a young blonde

An older gentleman shoved past them "Thomas Bard, National--"

They buzzed around me like the insects they are, eager for a bite of any information.

"--Any motive?"

"Clear cut killer?"

I had enough. My hand balled into a fist and I shouted. “SHUT UP!” Silence swept through the crowd like a wave. They stared at me blankly. I thumbed backwards. “Get outta here!” I shouted, “This is a crime scene, idiots!” Still they stared at me with motionless, unblinking eyes. “WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?” I shouted, “SCRAM!” Finally they began to buzz and file out one by one. I knew my tantrum would do my public image little good, but at the time, I couldn't care less.

“Blood sucking parasites…” I mumbled. “Almost worse than lawyers”

With a creak the gates to Vito’s mansion gently slid open. I stepped forward cautiously. The crunch of leaves sounded underneath my feet. Time seemed to slow to a crawl. Upon the horizon I noticed something almost more horrifying than the last murder.

Vito’s body had been strung up like a scarecrow…with a bullet through his head. “A brainless idiot,” I muttered. It was clear the killer had a twisted love for The Wizard of Oz.

When I moved closer to the body I noticed someone at Vito’s feet. A man about thirty, yet graying at the temples; Vito’s younger brother Roberto Lombardi was crouched in a fetal position at Vito’s feet. I knew he was a killer, but I couldn’t help but feel sorry before. Sure he and his family were untouchable by police, but he was obviously in shock from his brother’s death. I watched him take short rapid breaths like he was having trouble breathing. He was clearly in shock. I laid a comforting hand on his shoulder. “Roberto….are you okay?” I whispered.

He let out a small sniffle. “My brother….is dead.” he whispered. Then suddenly, with the fury of a madman he tore himself at me. I backed up cautiously “MY BROTHER IS DEAD!” he began to hyperventilate. “DO SOMETHING, YOU BASTARD!” he shouted, grabbing my coat. He clutched me frantically and slipped down back onto his knees. It was then that I noticed his hands, heavily stained with the blood of his kin.

“Fix this…” he mumbled, “fix this, please.”

A full grown gangster, blubbering at my feet. This was new. My gaze turned to the right to see a notepad fluttering in the breeze. It lay solemnly on the ground. I picked it up and without any surprise I found it contained a list of Vito’s crimes. The paper crackled when I crumpled it in my fist.

I placed my hand on Roberto’s shoulder, “I’ll fix this, Roberto,” I reassured him, “I’ll fix this...”

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

please read this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfhrfdu_89_76k said:

I read it.

Pretty much of the same caliber as the previous ones.

Thanks...? (That's a compliment, right?)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

by the way, chapter four will be up later this day. Typing it up as we speak. Next chapter we LEARN ALL ABOUT THE KILLER!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfhrfdu_89_76k said:

@primepower53:

Half compliment, half statement. >= )

It will be? Boy, you`re quick!

okay good.

Yeah not so. I had this typed up yesterday but my unofficial editor didn't edit until earlier today, giving me time to work on chapter four today.

I try to write a chapter a day so the characters don't grow stale.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfhrfdu_89_76k said:

@primepower53:

Good strategy.

thanks.

Chapter four will be up soon. Sent it to my unofficial editor.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

{I pulled up to Vito's mansion the next day at ten in the morning. I cursed under my breath when I discovered that the media beat me there. Vito's younger brother Roberto had called in the murder earlier in the morning. Media outlets from all across Chicago shoved past each other to get to the front of the gates for a look at the city's supposedly "Untouchable" mobster. With a slam my car door shut and I made my way to the gates. The media was on me within seconds.} This should be a paragraph, not 3 seperate sentences (it is merely pendantic on my part, it's not actually wrong in anyway but I feel there is no NEED for three seperated, it's not dramatic or poigniant merely set up...it's fine) Now he's just gotten a hold of evidence of crimes committed by Vito and he crumples it up????? I get that it's a story, and he's driven by catching this guy but seriously he could lock up the entire (whatever their last name is) Mob in a heartbeat with that list. I don't really get why he wants to fix it?

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#11  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@primepower53: cool! I look forward to reading the 4th chapter!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4donkeyjohnson said:

{I pulled up to Vito's mansion the next day at ten in the morning. I cursed under my breath when I discovered that the media beat me there. Vito's younger brother Roberto had called in the murder earlier in the morning. Media outlets from all across Chicago shoved past each other to get to the front of the gates for a look at the city's supposedly "Untouchable" mobster. With a slam my car door shut and I made my way to the gates. The media was on me within seconds.} This should be a paragraph, not 3 seperate sentences (it is merely pendantic on my part, it's not actually wrong in anyway but I feel there is no NEED for three seperated, it's not dramatic or poigniant merely set up...it's fine) Now he's just gotten a hold of evidence of crimes committed by Vito and he crumples it up????? I get that it's a story, and he's driven by catching this guy but seriously he could lock up the entire (whatever their last name is) Mob in a heartbeat with that list. I don't really get why he wants to fix it?

I think you're just overthinking it... :P

@The Poet said:

@primepower53: cool! I look forward to reading the 4th chapter!

thanks!

By the way, the 5th chapter and the Epilogue have been posted. CHECK THEM OUT!

SyIar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By SyIar

@primepower53: Great Job! The Wizard strikes again!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By batkevin74

@primepower53 said:

“My brother….is dead.” he whispered. Then suddenly, with the fury of a madman he tore himself at me. I backed up cautiously “MY BROTHER IS DEAD!” he began to hyperventilate. “DO SOMETHING, YOU BASTARD!” he shouted, grabbing my coat. He clutched me frantically and slipped down back onto his knees. It was then that I noticed his hands, heavily stained with the blood of his kin.

I was half expecting a fight! It's a bit of a slow chapter, I found

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SyIar said:

@primepower53: Great Job! The Wizard strikes again!

lol yes!

@batkevin74 said:

@primepower53 said:

“My brother….is dead.” he whispered. Then suddenly, with the fury of a madman he tore himself at me. I backed up cautiously “MY BROTHER IS DEAD!” he began to hyperventilate. “DO SOMETHING, YOU BASTARD!” he shouted, grabbing my coat. He clutched me frantically and slipped down back onto his knees. It was then that I noticed his hands, heavily stained with the blood of his kin.

I was half expecting a fight! It's a bit of a slow chapter, I found

I wanted this as a kind of break in the chapter...sort of calm before the storm...