Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Crime Inc #1 - Walking on Water

The Crooked Stage Theatre, Just Off Broadway, New York

The unhappy audience booed and hissed as the man wearing black jeans and shirt carrying a mandolin walked on stage before sitting down on a three legged stool. “Senor and Senoritas I must apologise for the interruption but there is a story I must tell you.”

“Get off the stage you hack.” A voice from the audience yelled.

“This may not be the show you chose to see.” The man on stage announced as the curtains were pulled back to reveal a blank background and no actors on stage. “But I guarantee you that you won’t forget what you have seen here. And while the players have been struck down by a sudden case of flu there will be characters enough to amuse and entertain you.” He added before strumming a tune, the music flowing through the theatre. “It all starts in the offices of a psychiatrist and a court ordered therapy session.”

TheOfficesofAnastasiaMatthews

The smartly dressed psychiatrist looked around the seven men and women sitting around the room before rubbing her hand through her long blonde hair. These clients were here only because they had been forced to by the city’s most infamous judge, often nicknamed the Iron Gable because of his harsh attitude to even the most minor of crimes. That said the men and women sitting before her had some serious felonies between them.

“Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen I am Dr Matthews and as such will be the person responsible for making sure that you complete these court ordered group therapy sessions.” Dr Matthews announced as she sat down on the only empty chair. “So let’s go round the circle and tell the group a little about ourselves.” She suggested as she pulled out a pen and notepad. Other then that there was no response from the criminals arranged around her, the majority looking as if they were weighing up the benefits between leaving early or riding out the therapy. “Listen I know that you don’t want to do this but honestly, if you don’t talk to me the only thing that will happen is that the system will throw you into a cell to ride out the rest of your sentences.”

“If it helps I'll go first.” A dark skinned man dressed in slacks and a red t-shirt stated as he fiddled with the gold earrings in his ears. “Uh my name is Jerome Rivers and I’m a super criminal.”

“Hi Jerome.” Dr Matthews stated, her voice echoing around the room as the rest of the villains remained silent. “Now why don't you tell us about yourself, it can be anything but preferably something related to your life of super crime.”

“Well my whole thing was using the ‘heavy water’ solution to support objects on the surface of a water body. It’s why I called myself the Wave-Walker and used it in combination a mini propulsion jet mounted in my boots to commit high speed robberies on the water. I never hurt anyone that badly, I was in it for the money not for anything else.” Jerome stated as he nervously fiddled with his fingers, an obvious sign that despite volunteering to go first he was anything but comfortable with sharing his feelings.

“How about sharing a time when you didn't want to be the Wave-Walker Jerome.” Dr Matthews suggested before flashing him a reassuring smile.

“Well there was the last time when I fought the Lady of the Lake.” Jerome suggested.

New York City Harbour, A few Months Earlier

The man dressed in a blue lycra wetsuit accented with white wave patterns cackled as he skated along the surface of the water, a black bag stuffed with loot he had stolen from the disabled cruise ship behind him.

“I've finally done it, I finally have pulled off the score of the century.” The Wave-Walker stated as he headed towards shore, a thick blue liquid spreading across the surface of the water. He had almost made it to land when the ‘heavy water’ solution began to disperse and a woman dressed in ancient scale mail with a dragon emblazoned across the chest, the mark painted same colour as the platinum blonde braid of hair slung across her shoulder.

“Foul brigand.” The woman stated in an upper class British accent as she unsheathed a long sword that gleamed sea green in the sunlight. “Such riches are not for you, return them or face the wrath of the Lady of the Lake and her blade Valley Cleaver.”

“Get out of my way!” Wave-Walker growled as he threw a grenade at the Lady, the projectile exploding into a shower of blue gel that momentarily covered the Lady before her armour began to glow, the gel burning off in a cloud of cyan smoke.

“You had your chance to surrender common thief.” The Lady of the Lake stated in a powerful voice that caused the sea to boil and foam, the sudden change throwing Wave-Walker around like a leaf in the breeze. With a scream in ancient Celtic the Lady of the Lake swung Valley Cleaver into the ocean, a wave of stone being thrown up and sending Wave-Walker tumbling into the water, the bag of loot sinking to the bottom as the harbour patrol boats began to close in on him.

The Offices of Anastasia Matthews

“And as I floated on the water after being beaten so easily I thought about all I had done.” Jerome told the others. “About the stuff I should have done. I mean I could have patented my ‘Heavy Water’ Solution and made millions instead of using it to rob people.”

“Hindsight is a brilliant gift Jerome, but sadly we never realise its worth until it is too late.” Dr Matthews announced as she smiled before looking around the room. “Great job Jerome that was a brilliant step forward. Now is there anyone else who wants to share something about themselves.”

Over the next hour more stories came to the surface, with the various super criminals sharing tales of woe and Dr Matthews scribbling down notes of everything they said. Taking a deep breath Dr Matthews got to her feet as the clock on the back wall chimed eleven times.

“That was a brilliant step forward for everyone I am so very proud of you.” Dr Matthews told the villains. “Next session will be in the late afternoon at the old Cyclo-Tech Warehouse. We will be creating something quite beautiful to aid in your recovery. I would suggest that you bring a change of clothes and I will see you next week.”

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 1092

#2  Edited By cbishop

@impurestcheese: See? Now where's the callouts for this? Cool story. "Valley Cleaver" though? Is that what "Excalibur" means? Do call me out for the next one. Added to my FF Long Box - Authors. :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: I shall, this was kind of an experiment to see who would drift in and read it. In a roundabout way Excalibur translates to cutter of mountains, forests and steel. That said Valley Cleaver is probably another sword, perhaps the twin of its more famous sister.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Cool, so VC is an original creation, not from the mythology?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Yep it's all OC. Thanks for the comment. Do you have any idea on who I should call out for issue 2

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Usual suspects, I'd imagine. Although waezi2, 4donkeyjohnson and the_deathstroker seem to like checking out OC stuff. :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ImpurestCheese
waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@impurestcheese: Haven't read much fan-fic besides DCRC. Seems like I ought to. Nice job.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@waezi2: Thanks, there is a lot of great stuff out there. The stuff by batkevin and tommythehitman is particularly good

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@impurestcheese: Hehe nice. ^_^

If you have time ( and feel like you want to) can you please check out my new OC series

Sure. Where can I find it?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dboyrules2011: Hilarious. Thanks for the comment though. Working on Goldbug One-Shot at the moment, will be ready for release by Friday

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Straight-Fire

@impurestcheese:

Hilarious. Thanks for the comment though.

My pleasure. =)

Working on Goldbug One-Shot at the moment, will be ready for release by Friday

Awesome sauce! Can't wait. ^_^

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wim_Garnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I love the opening set-up that it is being told by an unwelcome minstrel. Brilliant. The group therapy as a scaffold for interlocking episodes is also very cool. Looking forward to more of this.

Do you mean Iron Gavel rather than Iron Gable? (Or does the judge look like Clark Gable, but without the sense of humor?) :>

You are so astonishingly prolific! Do you ever sleep?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wim_garnet: I meant Gavle, auto correct has been messing with my writing. And yes I do sleep, this story (modenisations aside) is a piece that's five years old.