CRANK: Wicked Flame - Pyroraptor One Shot

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Want to see the event that sparked this attack? Check it Out Here..

Acropolis Compound, Athens, Greece

One of the maiden figures of the Caryatid Porch burst into flame, one so hot that it melted the stone of the sister figures as a woman with cropped black hair and crimson eyes, dressed in a red leotard and tutu stepped into the Acropolis campus. Taking a step forward, a circle of flame radiated around her feet as she stood on pointe, the various tourists applauding the dancer.

"Your applause is most welcome men and women of clay, but it is your hearts and minds I require." The dancer purred, "I am Pyroraptor, the thief of Zeus, or I was before my new lady spoke to me and told me to prove my loyalty." She added, as she held her hand out, a jet of flame lancing out and setting the Temple of Athena aflame. "Athena, your favourite daughter's hallowed ground burns Zeus! And with all your power you just sit there as her seat of power burns!"

Seconds after the temple had ignited the sound of applause had been replaced with screams as the majority of the tourists started running. A few however just stood there, fire dancing across their eyes before they took a few stiff steps towards the burning temple building.

"The lady sings to you my new friends." Pyroraptor stated as she retracted some of the flame back to her hand, before sending it shooting up into the sky, the flames jetting out in four directions to form a ring of flame around the Acropolis campus. "Your sacrifice will be glorious my friends." She stated as the first tourists reached the flames and dissolved into flame. Leaping into the air, burning wings forming from her back Pyroraptor landed onto the roof of the Parthenon, rivers of flame slithering down the columns and across the roof. "Zeus! Are you seriously going to let the lady take your people? How far the Hellenics patriarch has fallen!" She screamed, as more of the tourists looked into the flames, their will falling prey to the evil intelligence behind the spreading inferno.

"Raptor! Olympia stop this now!" A hoarse voice yelled causing Pyroraptor to look down to see a faceless figure dressed in Greek hoplite style armour, a long stave in his hands.

"Prometheus? My oldest enemy." Pyroraptor purred as she leapt down to the floor. "So why did a thief come to his mark's house of worship anyway?"

"You wouldn't understand it, not in your current state." Prometheus replied sadly. "You worked so hard to free yourself from Zeus's influence and now you are a slave to a bringer of titan-fire. That said, you threaten my most prized creations and I will not stand for it." He snarled as he swung the staff at Pyroraptor, only for his foe to spin gracefully away.

"Humanity is just clay to be moulded into a servile form!" Pyroraptor screamed, as Prometheus took another swing, only for the balletic cultist to grab the stave and use it to flip over his head before aiming a kick to her foes back with another force to crack the metal of his armour.

"Typical, you are just like your patron!" Prometheus groaned, as he thrusted the staff backwards, as Pyroraptor once again dodged the blow, this time with a simple jete, one that sent her sailing onto a massive marble owl statue standing outside the Acropolis museum.

"I am nothing like Zeus!" She screamed, her fury vaporising the statue and igniting the museum. Striding forward Prometheus threw the stave at her, the mystical clay rod striking her in the chest before collapsing into mud, seconds before reforming in her assailants hand.

"Really? Zeus kept heat, light and soul from humanity and now you have taken the later in these shells. I see little difference." Prometheus snorted as he slammed his fist into Pyroraptor's chest with enough force to impact her into the burning museum's wall. "You and I are both thieves, both have been enslaved by our patrons and both of us broke free together. You are the eagle and I am the chained man," He groaned, as he ripped open his chest and pulled out his liver. "Feed and remember who you are Olympia."

Hesitantly Pyroraptor took the liver, before flashing him a wicked smile and incinerating the organ, the feedback of its immolation causing Prometheus to double over in pain, tiny flames burning in his chest cavity.

"You know what I've always wanted to do?" She purred, as she kicked Prometheus in the chest with enough force to send him flying into the Parthenon. "Well I'll tell you, it was to make one of those clay pots but my mother wanted me to dance, to be akin to a swan." She sighed. "Well guess what? Now I can do both at the same time." She announced, as she began to pirouette, fire whirling around her as she span into the Parthenon, a massive flame twister engulfed the building in a hellish vortex.

"Enough!" Prometheus roared, as he swung his stave at Pyroraptor's legs, the blow knocking her to the floor with a sicking crunch. "I tried to reason with you but now it appears that, to save my children I must extinguish you." He sighed, as mud crept across his foe's legs and hands before hardening and becoming brittle.

"I agree." Pyroraptor hissed as she ripped herself free of her prison before delivering a kick to Prometheus, his torso crumbling into dust. "I serve the lady and do as she pleases, and upon her release all will burn. So I instruct you spend time with your clay figures..." she ordered, as she stepped into the burning walls of the Parthenon, her body vaporising even as her words echoed around the burning ruins, "...while you still can."

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese
stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@impurestcheese: Poor Prometheus. Just wants to help humanity, yet he always suffers for it. He's like the Greek Jesus.

So, is Pyroraptor the eagle who eats Prometheus's liver?

If so, I *think Hercules kills that eagle.

*Yeah, okay, I just read it on wiki. You got me.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@stumpy49er: Yes Herakles kills the eagle and Raptor is the human avatar of Zeus's servant Aquilla.

Prometheus is actually closer to Lucifer in his role of the light bringer. And yes in Greek Mythology he was the kindest deity to humanity, something he and his family suffered for

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@impurestcheese: There were a couple of cool details in this one, but mostly I wasn't feeling it. When this is the case though, you usually pay it off by the end of what you're doing, so... on to the next one-shot. :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Thanks I think I ventured too far into the actual mythology in this one shot TBH

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Yeah, that was mostly it- you mined some obscure mythological references here without giving the backstory at all. It's fun to throw stuff in to see who gets it sometimes, but if it takes away from understanding the story, best to find a way to explain it.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Point taken and acknowledged thanks ☺

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@cbishop: Read and bumped. Prometheus, is he actually the real one?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers