Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By stumpy49er

A Cat's a Cat and That's That part 3

2002- Oakland

San Francisco Samurai and Hourglass chase the Boa Brothers outside the warehouse where the Indomitable Few just assaulted Dr. Flamingo's lab. The Boa Brothers were Dr. Flamingo's deadly hitmen, so S.F. Samurai understood why Dr. Quantum sent him and Hourglass to track them down, though he couldn't help but think there was an ulterior motive.

As they came upon an abandoned alleyway, S.F. Samurai cautioned to tread carefully. Just then Hypno-Snake walked out in front of them. He wore brown rags and a hooded cloak over his green, scaly face, barely revealing his hypnotic, yellow eyes.

"Look away!" S.F. Samurai told Hourglass, as Hypno-Snake's eyes glowed.

"Sssamurai! Hourglasss!" hissed Hypno-Snake. "Sssay hello to my brother."

Jack Asp ran around the corner from behind the heroes, his poison daggers drawn. The man-snake-donkey hybrid laughed maniacally as he ran up to 100 mph towards Hourglass. She activated her time slowing power, causing him to slow to a crawl.

'Let my brother go." Hypno-Snake hissed, his words were mesmerizing. "He just wantsss to play."

"Samurai, his whispers are getting to me." said Hourglass, as her will began to erode.

San Francisco Samurai looked right into Hypno-Snake's eyes and said "I have the wisdom of the samurai god, Hachimon. Your hypnotic spells will not work against me." causing Hypno-Snake to flinch. S.F. Samurai ran over to Jack Asp and grabbed his arm. "Speed up time." He told his team mate.

As Hourglass reversed her time power, S.F. Samurai flipped Jack Asp in the air and threw him towards Hypno-Snake. The Boa Brothers collided, knocking them both out.

The two heroes waited for the super villain division police to haul the Boa Brothers off to jail, then they made their way back to the rest of the Indomitable Few.

Dr. Flamingo's Warehouse

The warehouse was on fire. Dr. Quantum, Arora Moon, Ro-Babylon and Red Cap stood outside the burnining building. Arora Moon held a cat in his arms.

"What happened?" asked a shocked Hourglass.

"Dr. Flamingo triggered a fail safe, self destruct explosion. Killed himself and most of his experiments. All except this lucky, little guy." Arora Moon lied, as he held up the cat, TS-17-3.

San Francisco Samurai stared at Arora Moon. He did not trust him.

"Those poor creatures." shuddered Hourglass, as S.F. Samurai held her.

"That's the nature of these super villains." explained Dr. Quantum, ever the stoic. "Dr. Flamingo was just one lieutenant in the League of Crimes army. We must work our way up towards Old Evil Eye and shut him down."

The Indomitable Few helped fire fighters put out the fire and sift through the rubble.

Out of earshot of the others, Red Cap said to Ro-Babylon. "You feel good about this? What we just did?"

"We are gods." answered the twelve foot tall Ro-Babylon. "These creatures were insignificant."

Red Cap couldn't believe what his team mate just said as he shook his head and walked away. He did not feel good about his team's slaughter of Dr. Flamingo's experiments.

Two Weeks Later- Quantum Labs

TS-17-3 sat in a box while Dr. Quantum and Arora Moon prepped the Quantum Being experiment.

"I'm scared." said the cat to Dr. Quantum, who ignored him.

"You'll be fine." said Arora Moon. "When this experiment is over, you'll be more than a mere cat and that's that."

"Day one of the Quantum Being experiment." Dr. Quantum began talking in his tape recorder. "Subjects name is Tub.. TS-17-3.." he hesitated. "You know, I caught Stacy talking to him the other night."

"Kids love cats." Arora said.

"She gave him a name. Tubby." Dr. Quantum said, feeling hesitant. "If something happens to him.."

Arora Moon, aka Aaron Moro, put his hand on Dr. Quantum's shoulder and looked him in the eye. Aaron's blue eyes radiated charm as he said "You don't want to back out now. We've gone too far. Besides, the experiment is safe. Nothing bad will happen."

TS-17-3 heard all this from the box. He didn't like it.

"Please, stop the experiment." he cried to Dr. Quantum, who put on earplugs and ignored him.

"Just stop it. I'm scared. Let me out of this box." the cat said to Aaron Moro, who merely smiled in the box at TS-17-3. He seemed to revel in the cat's misery.

Dr. Quantum put a glowing rock in the box with TS-17-3. Quantum rays flooded the box. The cat could feel himself dying as he screamed "Stacy!! Hellp me.."

Later

TS-17-3 phased out of the box. He felt a part of himself was still in there, dead.

"Subject TS-17-3 has emerged.." Dr. Quantum said into his tape recorder.

"Don't call me that." said the cat. "TS-17-3 is dead."

"Tubby?" Aaron Moro asked.

"Only Stacy can call me that." said the cat, giving Aaron a dirty look. He looked at Dr. Quantum. "I'll take my father's name. Call me Quantum Cat."

"How do you feel?" asked Aaron Moro.

"Powerful!" answered Quantum Cat.

to be continued..

To read issue 5 of Indomitable Few and part 2 of A Cat's a Cat and That's That: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/crank-the-indomitable-few-5-1731323/#11

Also, the first part of A Cat's a Cat and That's That: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/crank-the-indomitable-few-4-1726843/#5/

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@stumpy49er: Missing a few words, especially in the Hourglass section. Despite that it's a good outing for the IF. Moro is definitely a jerk being mean to animal's, being an ecologist that really stirs my ire.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ImpurestCheese
stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By stumpy49er

@impurestcheese: Yeah, I noticed. You even read it before I finished editing it. :)

Yeah, Moro is an evil bastard.To quote Aaron Moro's inspiration..

"Tut, I have done a thousand dreadful things

As willingly as one would kill a fly,

And nothing grieves me heartily indeed

But that I cannot do ten thousand more." ~Aaron the Moor in Shakespeare's Titus Andronicus

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@stumpy49er: Ah of course should have realised that there was method behind the madness. More of a Corialanus fan myself TBH

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Unfamiliar with Corialanus. I'll have to check it out.

p.s. 'Method behind the madness'. Not sure if intentional or not, (I'm guessing it is) but that comes from Hamlet. Nice.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ImpurestCheese
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@stumpy49er: nice chapter, you're really doing some good character building here

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Thank you.

I have plenty of notes on my characters, but I'm taking my time developing each of them with each chapter.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Bumped