stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By stumpy49er

A Cat is a Cat and That's That part 2

Ten years ago, in an abandoned warehouse in Oakland.

A brown tabby cat sits in a cage watching t.v. His name is TS-17-3. He's been experimented on for weeks by the flamboyant, pink lab suit wearing, evil scientist known as Dr. Flamingo. Sitting in his cage, he feels hopeless. The television is his only solace from this painful life. Since the experiments began, he had begun to understand what they are saying on t.v.

The cats least favorite commercial comes on. Moonlight cigarettes, 'the healthiest cigarette on the planet'. Their spokesman came on, a handsome, blue eyed, black skinned, super hero known as Arora Moon. He wore a teal blue hood and cape which draped over his sandy brown costume and he carried a scimitar. "Smoke Moonlight cigarettes. They're the healthiest cigarettes on the planet." announces Arora Moon. "Trust me. My super power is good advice." He finishes with a smile.

Five years later, Moonlight cigarettes were found to be twenty five percent more cancerous than all the other cigarette brands and were banned from most countries, though they thrived among dictator nations and the super villain community.

A Coda Loca commercial began playing, when an explosion took out the wall, dropping the t.v. set to the ground. Dr. Flamingo ran to the cages yelling "The Indomitables are here. That damn Dr. Quantum found me out."

Dr. Flamingo hit the button marked 'Release All' and every cage door swung open. His experiments ran out of their cages as Dr. Flamingo grabbed his pink tommy gun and ran towards the commotion. TS-17-3 cautiously walked out of his cage. He saw the dangerous experiments running wild, including Dr. Flamingo's cunning henchmen, the Boa Brothers.

The Indomitable Few stormed the building. Dr. Quantum led the charge, flying in his jet pack and shooting Flamingoids with his Quantum ray gun, causing them to disintegrate. The mutant flamingo men shot back with rifles, their bullets deflecting off his force field.

San Francisco Samurai followed, slashing the Flamingoids weapons with his katana and knocking them out. After him came the twelve foot tall Ro-Babylon, shooting the mutants with his blue, destructo eye rays. Next came Red Cap, slinging capper bombs at the Flamingoids. Then the young, beautiful Hourglass, using her time powers to slow down bullets aimed at her team mates. Finally, Dr. Quantum's closest ally and second in command, Arora Moon. He used his purple hilted Chaos Scimitar to slash at any remaining Flamingoids, driving them insane and causing them to shoot their remaining team mates.

S.F. Samurai began to object to his team mates use of force. Arora Moon turned to him and said "It's them or us, Samurai. Dr. Flamingo made these mutants into nasty killers. Trust me, they're better off dead."

"That is not true." replied S.F. Samurai. "All life is sacred."

"He's right." said Hourglass. "You can't just kill them."

"Samurai. Hourglass. I need you two to track down the Boa Brothers. They're getting away." ordered Dr. Quantum, sending his two youngest team mates off on a wild chase.

Dr. Flamingo entered the fray, followed by many of his experiments. Beasts and man-beasts, many of them simply fled the building, such as the Boa Brothers, though a few stayed to fight and die.

"Surrender Flamingo." ordered Dr. Quantum. "We're shutting you down, along with the rest of the League of Crime."

"You think you can beat Old Evil Eye?" replied Dr. Flamingo. "He is the devil himself."

Dr. Flamingo started shooting at Dr. Quantum with his tommy gun, the bullets bouncing harmlessly off Quantum's forcefield. Then Flamingo shot up a flare, blinding Dr. Quantum and the rest of the Indomitable Few. Using this opportunity, Flamingo makes his escape.

He runs through a dark, narrow corridor towards the escape door. A cat jumps in front of him, tripping him. Dr. Flamingo looks at the cat, TS-17-3. "Stupid cat." he says.

"Smoke Moonlight cigarettes." TS-17-3 says. "Trust me. My super power is.."

The cat runs off as he hears a noise. Dr. Flamingo looks behind him and see's a dozen of his experiments walking towards him.

"What are you doing here? Go fight the Indomitables." he says to the experiments, as he notices that they all have strange, purple slashes on them. Then he see's Arora Moon walking behind them with his Chaos Scimitar drawn.

"They don't take orders from you anymore." Arora Moon says."Now, they listen to my advice."

"I know you." said Dr. Flamingo. "I know who you are."

Arora Moon smiles. "Of course you do. Everyone knows me. Smoke Moonlight cigarettes. They're the healthiest.."

"No." Dr. Flamingo interrupted. "Your name's Aaron Moro. You work for Old Evil Eye."

Arora Moon, aka Aaron Moro, replies. "Yes, well, the old devil is not happy with you. Time to die." He raises his Chaos Scimitar over his head and slashes it down, to the ground. The mutant experiments jump on Dr. Flamingo and tear him apart.

TS-17-3 watches all this from the darkness, then sneaks away.

Later

Dr. Quantum, Arora Moon, Ro-Babylon and Red Cap destroy all remaining experiments in the building. Which is why Dr. Quantum had sent San Francisco Samurai and Hourglass away, knowing the two youngest members of the team would object to the brutal slaughter of these mutants. Using his quantum scanner, Dr. Quantum is able to spot all remaining life forms in the building. Only one left. He corners the last experiment, TS-17-3, pointing his quantum ray gun at the cat.

"Please don't hurt me." said the scared cat.

Dr. Quantum hesitates, then says "He gave you the ability to talk. Probably improved your intelligence too. Well, I'm sorry, I just can't risk letting his experiments live."

"Hang on a second." said Arora Moon, as he walked over to Dr. Quantum and whispered in his ear. "You know, that cat would be a perfect subject for your Quantum Being experiment. That way you can communicate with it after your done."

Dr. Quantum thought for a moment, then holstered his ray gun. "Good advice, as always, Aaron." he said to his best friend, then looking at TS-17-3 he added. "Looks like you're coming with me. You can thank Arora Moon for that. He just saved your life."

Quantum Manor- Later that night.

Eight year old Stacy Quantum jumps out of bed, runs downstairs and sneaks into her fathers lab. Her dad, Dr. Quantum, is passed out at his desk, as he is most nights. Stacy sneaks around checking out all his cool experiments.

She see's at a table a bottle labeled 'Quantum Milk'. She grabs the bottle and starts to uncap it.

"You shouldn't do that." says a voice from behind her. She puts the bottle down, turns around and see's a brown, tabby cat sitting in a cage.

"You just talked to me." she said, as she ran over to the cage and unlocked it. Opening the cage door she said "My name's Stacy.What's your's?"

"I'm called TS-17-3." replied the cat.

"That's not a name." Stacy said as she picked him up. "I'll give you a name, tubby cat. You're... Tubby! That's your name."

Stacy hugged Tubby. After all the experiments, pain and isolation he endured, for the first time in his life he felt loved.

to be continued..

If you enjoyed this issue, I encourage you to check out the last issue, #4 here: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/crank-the-indomitable-few-4-1726843/#5

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By stumpy49er

@batkevin74@impurestcheese@tommythehitman@cbishop@wildvine

A look into the Indomitable Few's past, as well as some of our other characters.

A new villain appears.Then dies.

Hope you enjoy.

p.s. Turn-o-the Century cigarettes inspired by an old fan fic of mine: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/now-a-message-from-our-sponsor-turner-d-century-ci-757684/?page=1#js-message-8

p.s.s. aand I just edited it from Turn-o-The Century cigarettes to Moonlight cigarettes. Seemed to fit better. Not that Turn-o-The Century cigarettes don't exist in this world, I just liked the idea of Arora Moon promoting Moonlight cigarettes.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@stumpy49er: I have a rule, never trust talking animals, if they can talk they can scheme against you

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@stumpy49er: I have a rule, never trust talking animals, if they can talk they can scheme against you

What makes you think they have to talk to scheme? ;)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@cbishop: I don't but the talking ones are far more crafty in my experience

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By batkevin74

@stumpy49er: My super power is good advise." Should be advice. Advise is to oversee, advice is guidance or a recommendation

Their the healthiest.." They are the healthiest or they're the healthiest. This pictograph may help for future reference.

No Caption Provided

Flamingoids. Love the name, wish there was more about them.

brutal slaughter of these mutants. So the Indomitable Few flat out killed all the henchmen...that's criminal in all senses of the word! Sure they are just henchmen but to arbitrarily kill them AS A GROUP...seems the Panopticons might be coming for the Few if word ever got out

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@cbishop: I don't but the talking ones are far more crafty in my experience

Wait... you have experience with this? You may want to speak to your doctor about how your meds mix. :}

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By stumpy49er

@batkevin74: Thamks for the catches.

As for the slaughter of the mutants, S.F. Samurai and Hourglass did not participate nor were they aware that it happened. They absolutely would have stopped it from happening, which is why Dr. Quantum sent them away. Dr. Quantum, as I've mentioned, is dead. Ro- Babylon and Arora Moon/Aaron Moro are both now super villains.

The Indomitable Few are a whole new team now. Except Red Cap, he's the one current team mate who did participate in the slaughter. The rest of the current team have no idea this took place. Except Quantum Cat aka Tubby aka TS-17-3, who barely avoided getting killed himself and is now a wanted criminal.

This has all been mentioned in either previous issues and/or this issue. Though, I do understand it is a lot to follow.

If it does get out about the slaughter, I'm sure the current Indomitable Few will not be too pleased with their teams past nor with Red Cap.

p.s. I edited it to better clarify Samurai and Hourglass' stance on killing.

Just mark it up as bad communication/writing on my part.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@cbishop: I mean with animals in general, many are quite crafty

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stumpy49er: The past always has a way of coming back to haunt

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Indeed.

If word does come out and the Panopticons want to come for Red Cap, possibly S.F. Samurai and Hourglass as well, just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, it could set up for a possible Panopticon v. Indomitable Few showdown.

If word ever got out that is. ;)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped