Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By stumpy49er

A Cat Is a Cat and That Is That - part 1

Alcatraz Infirmary

"Arrest that cat!" orders Warden Amelia Kincaid to her security guards, pointing at Quantum Cat.

"What?" asks a confused Milk Girl, as Quantum Cat jumps out of her arms . "What are you talking about? Don't touch my cat."

Quantum Cat walks in the air above the guards, as they aim their stun guns at him.

"What is this about?" asks San Francisco Samurai.

Amelia points her finger up at Quantum Cat. "That creature helped Aaron Moro escape. He caused an electrical disturbance, knocked out my guards and teleported him out of Alcatraz." Amelia looks at Milk Girl. "Aaron Moro, one of the most evil bastards in the world, and your pet freed him."

"Tubby would never do that." says Milk Girl. "Aaron Moro killed my father. He would never help him."

Quantum Cat purrs as he calmly walks in the air. "It's true." he admits.

The Indomitable Few all gasp. Milk Girl is speechless.

"That f***ing cat!" swore Red Cap.

Hourglass put her arm around Milk Girl, comforting her. "Why would you do this?" she asks.

"Aaron has something I need." Quantum Cat explains. "He told me he'd give it to me if I got him out of here."

"How?" asks Miss Adventure. "You were on the surface with us the entire time we were fighting the Feared Horde."

"He can be in multiple places at once." explains Red Cap.

"Traitor! You're working for the League of Crime." accuses Bengal.

"I work for no one but myself." replies Quantum Cat.

"Leave. Leave now!" yells Milk Girl. "I don't ever want to see you again." She grabs an empty Quantum Milk bottle and throws it at Quantum Cat, who simply phases through it. Looking at the distress he's caused Milk Girl, his favorite human, he says "Sorry Stacy." then vanishes.

Quantum Manor - Headquarters of the Indomitable Few

San Francisco Samurai stands at the debriefing table. "Okay, tonight we get some needed rest." he explains, looking at Bengal. "Tomorrow, we begin searching for clues on the whereabouts of Aaron Moro, Mr. Mild and Quantum Cat. We'll find them."

"Moro's probably with Old Evil Eye now." says Bengal. "We don't even know how to bring in the cat. We should focus on dealing with the Feared Horde and the League of Crime."

"We'll deal with them soon." replies S.F. Samurai. "Right now our main focus needs to be on this man." he says, pulling up a picture on the wall monitor of an average looking man with glasses. "This is Milton Mild, a.k.a. Mister Mild. He's a serial killer who has the ability to walk through walls. He's known for targeting families. This makes him priority number one."

"We should be out there looking for him now." growls Bengal.

"Right now we need to get some rest." says S.F. Samurai. "Red Cap is researching Mr. Mild right now. We will find him."

The door bell rings.

"Pizza's here!" squeals Miss Adventure, then looks squeamishly at S.F. Samurai. "Sorry boss. I called Illuminati Pizza."

San Francisco Samurai smiles. "It's okay Morgan." he says, calling Miss Adventure by her real name. "As long as you got enough for all of us."

"Yup!" Morgan Adventure jumps up and flies to the door. "Hope you like Canadian bacon, pineapple and anchovies." Everyone groans.

Miss Adventure screams.

Everyone at the table jumps up and runs to the door. Dr. October teleports next to Morgan, grabbing his girlfriend, who hugs him. Red Cap gets to the door next, looks down at the doormat and grunts.

"Well, we found Mr. Mild." he says.

On the doormat sits Mr. Mild's bloody, decapitated head.

Quantum Cat watches from the bushes, licking Milton Mild's blood from his paws.

Quantum Manor - Later that night

Stacy Quantum, a.k.a. Milk Girl, changes into her pajama's and prepares for bed. She looks inside an empty milk jug, next to her night stand. Tubby's favorite hiding spot. Nothing there.

The 18 year old super hero had a lot going on. She is the owner of Quantum Industries, her fathers corporation, which had taken it's financial tolls after her father died. Business had gotten better after she publicly became a super hero and financier of the Indomitable Few, giving Quantum Industries a good public image. Now the man who betrayed and murdered her father was loose and her own cat was responsible.

She lays in bed, looking at a picture on her nightstand of her and Tubby. She turns her head and falls asleep.

Quantum Cat pops out of the milk jug. He slowly, cautiously walks across the bed towards Stacy. As she stirs in her sleep, he pauses, watching her closely. Then finally he snuggles up to his favorite human. She wakes up, sees her pet cat and begins to pet him. She can't help it, she's mad at him but she loves him. They fall asleep together.

Quantum Cat dreams of another time in his life.

to be continued..

If you enjoyed this issue, I'd love it if you checked out earlier issues. Here is issue #3: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/crank-the-indomitable-few-3-1722297/#7

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By stumpy49er
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@stumpy49er: It would be a cat that was a traitor on the team. They can never be trusted

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@stumpy49er: "That f***ing cat!" swore Red Cap. Ha ha ha

On the doormat sits Mr. Mild's bloody, decapitated head. Awww that's a shame, he seemed like an excellent villain. C'est la vie!

And then the bastard cat comes snuggling back...thinking that leaving a "gift" of a head on the doorstep is going to make things okay? That f***ing cat! :)

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By stumpy49er

@batkevin74: I feel like "that f***ing cat!" is almost Red Cap's catch phrase.

Yeah, Mr. Mild's fate came to an abrupt end, before he even got a chance to shine. One could always use him in the past though.

Inspired by my actual cats leaving 'gifts' at my doorstep.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Bumped