Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By stumpy49er

The Bengal vs. Hippo Maximus part 2

Oakland

The Bengal leapt at Hippo Maximus, tackling the eight foot tall, hippo-man to the ground. In his current, tiger man form, the Bengal stood a foot taller than Hippo Maximus yet was outweighed by the cyborg, hippo-mutant by 200 pounds.

The Bengal punched, kicked and slashed at the sturdy Hippo Maximus, who smiled up at him from the ground. Hippo Maximus chomped down on the Bengals arm, punched him in the gut and pulled him to the ground. He rolled on top of the Bengal and began pounding him with his steel hard fists.

The Bengal slashed Hippo Maximus in the throat, pulled out from under the stunned villain and kicked him in the gut with both legs before rolling away from him.

Hippo Maximus held his bloody throat and smiled. "Still as violent as always, aren't you, Tyrone?"

"We both know that won't kill you, James." the Bengal replied.

"So, you're not killing anymore? Sticking with 'mercy' rounds in your machine guns and concussion grenades?" Hippo Maximus asked.

"I've vowed to a friend, who I respect, not to resort to killing." the Bengal replied. "Doesn't mean I can't kick your ass and take you to Alcatraz."

Hippo Maximus laughed. "Come on, Tyrone. We both know you can't resist the temptation to kill." He took his hand away from his throat, letting his blood spill, holding his arms out wide. "Don't you just love that smell? The smell of blood. A fresh kill. Come on Tyrone. Leave the Indomitable Few. Come back to the Jungle Crew."

The Bengal looked behind Hippo Maximus at the rest of the Jungle Crew. JaguArson lay on top of a car, knocked out. The Brazilian Bat lay unconscious on top of the roof. Freddy Flamingo; who had a flamingo's beak, along with a long, skinny neck, pink feathers and wore a pink zuit suit; stood up and stumbled over to his pink tommy gun.

Looking back at Hippo Maximus, the Bengal asked. "You call that the Jungle Crew?"

Hippo Maximus laughed from the gut. "They are poor replacements. If you and Gold Shark came back.."

"I'll never work with that evil murderer again." the Bengal said.

"Okay, fine. You two always did have animosity towards each other. Besides, now that he's Old Evil Eye's lap dog, I doubt he'd join back up with us anyway." Hippo Maximus said. "You and me. We can get the other five. Crazy Horse. White Dolphin and the others. Get the old Jungle Crew back."

The Bengal looked back at the poor man's version of the Jungle Crew. Freddy Flamingo was making his getaway, while Brazilian Bat and JaguArson still lay unconscious. There was one missing.

Spinning around he saw Muerta'achi sneaking up behind him with poisoned knives. The skull mask wearing assassin lunged at the Bengal, who grabbed him by his chest and flung him at the same car JaguArson laid on.

Using the diversion, Hippo Maximus ran towards his gatling gun. As he picked it up, the Bengal flung a special bolas, designed by Red Cap, at Hippo Maximus. The bolas wrapped around Hippo Maximus' stocky neck, then each metal ball emitted a knock out gas right into his face.

Hippo Maximus struglled to stand, feeling dizzy, as he tried to aim his gatling gun at the Bengal.

"The offer still stands Tyrone."

The Bengal transformed back to a six foot tall African American man, grabbed his tiger striped grenade launcher and pointed it at Hippo Maximus.

"Yeah, but you won't."

He shot a concussion round at Hippo Maximus, hitting him in the face and knocking him out.

Later

As the Oakland P.D. Super Villain Division hauled the Jungle Crew off to Alcatraz Under Water Prison, the remaining Jungle Crew member made his escape.

Freddy Flamingo was a survivor. He had survived when the original Indomitable Few had destroyed Dr. Flamingo's warehouse and massacred most of Freddy's family. He would survive this.

He crawled into a sewer tunnel. As he walked through the maze like sewer tunnels, he began seeing familiar faces. Old friends of his. Fellow survivors.

On the walls, spray painted in pink, was a message:

Dr. Flamingo lives!

to be continued..

This story continued from Issue 10- The Bengal vs. Hippo Maximus part 1

To read the last issue- The Indomitable Few #11- Fire at The Golden Gate

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@stumpy49er: And what a dark past it is. Nice to see him get some attention

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Yeah, he was originally going to be the star, along with S.F. Samurai but he got pushed to the side as I was developing the other characters. I have to say, I do enjoy writing him though, especially since I discovered 'mercy' rounds (thanks to your Thunderbolts series) which got me past my 'he shouldn't be killing everyone if he's going to be on the team' writers block.

I do see him as a mix between Punisher and Wolverine but currently more towards Wolverine when he tried to control his rage and live more peacefully.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stumpy49er: No problem, glad Abner Jenkins and myself could be of service

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By stumpy49er
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Dr Flamingo Returns! Dr Flamingo Strikes Back! Dr Flamingo Part 2: First Blood ?