Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1 batkevin74  Online

Part 1:http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/crank-gunship-1-1715186/#3

Part 2:http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/crank-gunship-2-1715546/#8

Part 3:http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/crank-gunship-3-1715975/#6

Part 4: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/crank-gunship-4-1716855/#5

No Caption Provided

Gunship hovered over Los Angeles, baffled by the widespread rioting that had swept the city in the wake of the acquittal of the police officers who’d beaten Rodney King. The riot was now into its second day and wasn’t slowing.

“What can you see Gunship?”

Gunship adjusted the headset. “Hundreds of angry people. It’s…unbelievable. I almost wish I had a camera.”

“There’s reports of gunfire coming from Koreatown which is about seven blocks north of where you are now. Police have essentially left the area.”

“Roger that Blue Bobcat, on route.”

Gunship hovered over Los Angeles High School as he recalled the events from twenty years ago…twenty! That was hard to fathom. Some other things were also hard to fathom. There was a new President; an unlikely winner after Obama was killed by religious nut back in 2011. Battlechain’s “defection” from the Panopticons. Blue Bobcat was dead, well the original one anyways, at the hands of…

“..ig warm Los Angeles High to Gunship!”

Gunship raised his hand, waving to the crowd as he landed in the middle of the field.

“Why are you still here?!” exclaimed Blue Bobcat as he nearly bumped into Captain Scorpian. “Seriously you’re good and all that, but we voted.”

“Gunship said I could stay,” Captain Scorpian replied holding up a green code key.

“Well he was the only one!” Bobcat scoffed plucking the key from his fingers. “You’re the good version of…”

“In my world you’re a monster!” snapped Scorpian as he stepped right up into Bobcat’s face. “You’re doing your best to outshine your daddy’s legacy that nothing is too low, too depraved for you.”

“Look here photocop..”

Scorpian shoved Bobcat backwards. “I wonder how much crosses over.”

“Get out of my face before I rip yours off!” snarled Bobcat.

“Everything okay here?” asked Stunning Girl cautiously.

“I was just leaving,” said Captain Scorpian. “Please pass onto Gunship my thanks for his hospitality.”

Peregrine Saker was a model prisoner. He wasn’t any trouble. He painted. He taught a class in creative writing. And he was possibly the most dangerous man in the world. He was Doctor Falcon. Back in 1997 he’d actually taken on the Panopticons by himself, and won. For about a week he was actually in charge of the world. But Gunship put a stop to that and since then they've danced a deadly dance.

“Breakfast time Mr Saker,” said the guard who rapped on door.

The little man from Bombay via London emerged from behind the curtain, the only privacy in his clear plexi-glass cell. “Why thank you,” he bowed politely.

“No apple juice today,” the guard said placing the food on the slot. “Is orange okay?”

“That will be fine.”

The guard nodded and poured. “Ah geez!”

Doctor Falcon walked forward, slipped in the puddle and fell flat onto his back with an awful crunch.

“Are you okay Mr Saker?” asked the guard as he pushed his panic button. “Lie still.”

“It looks delicious,” said Doctor Falcon, seemingly oblivious.

“How long?” snapped Gunship as he stood outside Doctor Falcon’s cell.

“At least a week,” Shadowave said. “Possibly a month.”

“A MONTH!”

“From what the shadows can tell me, yes a month,” Shadowave replied. “But we’ll find out more from the cameras and when we get our hands on the robot Doctor Falcon built.”

“Where’s the warden?” demanded Gunship.

“You need to calm down,” Shadowave said quietly. “Acting like an idiot isn’t helping anyone. I’m well aware of your history with him. If you really want to help, then go looking for him.”

Gunship stared at the chairperson of the Panopticons before shooting up and out through the solid concrete roof. “THIS PLACE LEAKS LIKE A SIEVE!”

Shadowave looked up through the hole in disbelief.

To be continued same time, if not sooner, next week.....see you there!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: It should be 'a religious nut'. More villains, more Gunship backstory and more Captain Scorpion bashing, poor Captain :-(

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 batkevin74  Online

@impurestcheese: Well the guy I'm basing the Obama killer on is a real guy who in 2008 though Barack was the antichrist. He got locked up in the real world for a year. In Crank he also got locked up but followed through in 2011 whilst the president was on the reelection campaign.

And yeah more expansion of Gunship's history, he's been around since 1988.

As for Captain Scorpian, I think he gave better than he got actually :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@batkevin74: I can only imagine that there would be a snapping point for Captain Scorpian, when it comes to the Pans' attitudes towards him- for exactly what you showed: to him, they are the photocopies of badguys. For all the stress they feel about him, he's got it times every member of the Pan'.

From the start, Gunship has been feeling like the tale of a superman turning bad. It'll be interesting to watch in your hands, as you've tackled this idea before, in a one-shot or two, and of course in Corrupted. Not knocking that at all. It has been my observation over the years that writers will circle an idea again and again until they feel they've gotten it right. I think Mark Waid does it all the time.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 batkevin74  Online

@cbishop: actually I'm trying to avoid the whole "good guy loses plot kills everyone" with Gunship but I see what you mean; has all the elements brewing

And it's kinda freaky for Scorpian since if everything opposite in his dimension and now he's in goodville it takes some adjusting...plus he might have some excellent insight

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@batkevin74: Yep. You'll pull it out yet. You're good like that. :)

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Again. Good stuff.

Gunship kind of dealing with the Riots was good stuff... and like I said with Issue 1 I like how this group of heroes already seem to have a history, having already made enemies and stuff. Probably one of my favourites from you, Kev.

Please @ me for the next issue. :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 batkevin74  Online

@tommythehitman: Glad you're liking it. Trying to formulate how, if even possible, to get Doctor Mute and Gunship together

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@batkevin74: It's probably not possib- hey! How come main superhero teams always lack a purely magic character?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 batkevin74  Online

@tommythehitman: Because magical characters are aloof, think they know better and have powers that don't always have a visible effect like a laser or throwing a truck. "I cast a spell"

"Nothing happened!"

The Panopticons did have Unicorn-Man on their team who used faerie magic but...maybe Doctor Mute gets approached to join...maybe....or maybe he was previously asked to join but due to other factors declined...who knows

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 batkevin74  Online

Bumped