CRANK: Gunship #17

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

(the very late, next chapter)

Paul Saviano walked into the visiting cell at the Emil Sandberg Memorial SuperMax Prison and slapped a stack of paperwork on the desk jolting Max Hayes, aka Gundog, from his nap.

“You’re not my lawyer?” Max stated rubbing his eyes. “And what is all this?”

“Mr Hayes, my name is Paul Saviano,” said Charlie as he took a seat. “I represent the Panoptiocons. Those are injunctions and copyright infring…”

“What?”

“Copyright infringement. You’ve been served an injunction to cease and desist using the name Gundog,” Paul said as he took a pen from his five thousand dollar suit jacket. “If you insist on using your now illegal…”

“You’re saying my name is illegal?”

“Just like you robbing that bank,” Paul flashed a smile. “But that’s just my opinion; I’m not the lawyer on that case. My job is to protect the Panopticon brand. Gundog is too similar to Gunship. Now have a read of the notices, initial where the yellow tabs are…”

“I’m not signing anything!” Max yelled as he stood up.

Paul nodded “Very smart, don’t sign anything until you get legal representation.”

“Where’s my lawyer?”

“I honestly don’t know,” Paul shrugged. “I represent the Panopticons and the Panopticon brand. When your consul gets here, get them to read it over because your days of calling yourself Gundog are over.”

“Los Guerreros Caballeros!” shrieked one of the gunmen who was standing in the tray of the pickup as his cohorts attempted to ransack the Laguna Verde Nuclear Power Plant. Bearing down on him was Gran Tiburon the enhanced sharkman being carried by; Relempago Woman the energy throwing daughter of a telenovella star; and accompanied by The Dominar Monk.

“Dejar de dónde están!” roared Gran Tiburon as he landed with a thud in front of the utility, his shark enhanced physique rippling with power. From the safety of distance and the internet, the man known as Doctor Falcon watched all from his laptop.

“Big Shark, Lightning Woman and The Lord Monk,” the good doctor mused as he sipped his tea in the kitchen. “How you haven’t just slit their throats Wolfrazer…oh it wasn’t a question.”

The pock faced drug lord looked at his guest, the man who claimed he could build a replicator for him, and smiled through gritted teeth.

“I don’t see their speedster,” Falcon said tapping the screen. “Red…”

“Rojo Rapido.” Wolfrazer growled.

Falcon scratched his eyebrow absentmindedly “Rojo, meaning red…I suppose it works better in Spanish because Red Quick is quite a ludicrous name in English. Anyways, he isn’t here meaning phase two will go into effect before we strike at Zacatecas. Are you going like that?”

Wolfrazer looked at the purple velour tracksuit he was wearing. “Going?”

“My dear amigo,” Falcon smiled as he got up from the bench and shut the laptop. “We are NOT going to leave the vital part of the plan in the hands of grubby illiterate cavemen! This requires leadership, like Alexander of old. We lead from the front, by example. Go put on something nice.”

Wolfrazer glared at possibly the most dangerous man on the planet, contemplating killing him but unsure if he actually could. Slowly he turned on the imported Tuscan tiles and traipsed to his bedroom.

“Good dog,” muttered Falcon.

“…and a helicopter!” yelled the costumed man from inside the Delaware Community Bank. The Dover police department had cordoned off the area to contain the man who’d taken a dozen customers and staff hostage.

“That all sounds reasonable,” replied the negotiator through his megaphone. “But as a sign of good faith and so we can get the ball rolling, we need you to release some hostages.”

Suddenly there was a rush of air as a green blur shot out of the sky and through the doors of the bank. There was a ruckus and hostages began running out. The Dover PD moved in when a large man in green and black walked out dragging another costumed man behind him.

“Sorry to intrude officers, I thought you might like a hand.” He said dropping the man on the steps.

“Who are you?”

He paused, like he was chewing the name through his brain. “Um…”

“The Jade Scorpion!” yelled an officer pointing to the stylised claw motif on his chest, green cowl and pointy gauntlets. The man formerly known as Captain Scorpian nodded.

“That…will do nicely.”

The police and crowd began applauding the debut of a new hero.

CairoV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Needs less "[Name][Verb]" and vice versa:

"Max stated" "said Charlie" "Paul flashed" "Max yelled" "Paul shrugged" "roared Gran Tiburon" "Wolfrazer growled" "muttered Falcon" "yelled the costumed man" "replied the negotiator" "He said" "yelled an officer"

But awesome that you've made 17 of these bad boys man!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 1091

@batkevin74: I know that DC has a rep for suing over every use of "Super-[name]" out there, but I'm not sure a "Gunship/ Gundog" lawsuit would play. Are their powers similar? I think that's what usually does it for DC.

Anyway, I dragged through the beginning a little bit, trying to wrap my brain around the Spanish names and statements, but that was the point, so overall I enjoyed it. :)

Are you going back to weekly postings?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 1091

@cairov said:

Needs less "[Name][Verb]" and vice versa:

"Max stated" "said Charlie" "Paul flashed" "Max yelled" "Paul shrugged" "roared Gran Tiburon" "Wolfrazer growled" "muttered Falcon" "yelled the costumed man" "replied the negotiator" "He said" "yelled an officer"

Batkevin' can generally always use small edits that he never gets back to <looks at Batkevin' pointedly>, but what exactly would you suggest in place of those?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Going to try, need to get my crank back!

DC went after Bacardi rum which has a bat as its logo and also a Spanish soccer club. Also it may be frivolous but if you don't have the money to fight the machine, the machine wins. Mainly it's a legal bully tactic that DC, Disney, hell just about all the big corps do it. Also it serves as excellent motivation for bad guys...

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: Hmm nice to see CRANK back, particularly Captain er I mean Jade Scorpion

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: have you got links to the chapters I know I've missed; pyrocopter I think

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: I can find them, may take a while though since it's my first day back at work today

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: just tell me the names and I'll find them. Must get a library for Crank I feel

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: cIt was Pyroraptor, Flash-Over, Heatstroke and the latest issue of Salamander which links to the three afformentioned issues

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers