CRANK: Dr. October's Halloween Special #3

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By stumpy49er

Dr. October's Casa de Octubre'- The Palace of Pumpkins- Seriously, it's just a barn.

Dr. October opened the door for his guests; San Francisco Samurai, dressed as a cowboy; Hourglass, dressed as a sexy tiger; Milk Girl, dressed as Valley Girl Vampire Killer and Red Cap, dressed as himself. He's a goblin.

"Nice Dr. Why costume." said Stacey Quantum, aka Milk Girl.

"Um.. thanks." replied Dr. October. He hadn't worn a costume.

"Awesome! Love the costumes." said Dr. October's girlfriend, Miss Adventure, as she popped out of their bedroom, wearing small cut up jean shorts, punk rocker boots and a white tank top that read Tank Chick. She flew over to Hourglass and Milk Girl, hugging them both. "Stacey, you look just like Valley Girl Vampire Killer. Oh my god, Isabelle. You are so hot in that tiger outfit."

Red Cap stared at Miss Adventure with his mouth open, much to Dr. October's chagrin. "So.. Frank. Ulruka." Dr. October addressed S.F. Samurai and Red Cap respectively. "Pizza and snacks are over here on the table. Morgan baked some cookies. We've got cocktails."

"I brought my goblin liquor." Red Cap said, plopping a jar of green liquid on the table.

"Where's Tyrone?" asked Miss Adventure, referring to their team mate the Bengal.

"He's still out searching for clues on Aaron Moro." answered S.F. Samurai.

"That man never takes a break." said Isabelle Cham, aka Hourglass.

As the six super heroes began socializing; eating snacks, drinking, watching horror movies and playing party games; a seventh super being watched them from the rafters. Quantum Cat knew his team mates were mad at him for aiding in Aaron Moro's escape from prison but he still wanted to be around them. He didn't care to join their party but he enjoyed watching them. Particularly his favorite human, Stacey Quantum.

Red Cap couldn't help it. He kept staring at Miss Adventure. Her cute, short, rainbow dyed hair. Her tattoos on her arms and legs. Morgan Adventure was one of the few women who was always nice to him. He couldn't help having a crush on her.

He saw Dr. October give him a stern look. "Crap. He saw me checking her out again." he thought as he shook his head and walked away. "Need to distract myself."

Red Cap noticed a comic book behind the orange couch. He picked it up. "Tales of Dread." he said, reading the cover.

"Hello," said the comic book's skeleton mascot, Death's Tongue. "Ulruka the Red Cap."

"You know me?" asked Ulruka.

"I know everyone." replied Death's Tongue. "Everyone has a tale and telling tales is what I know."

"Are you reading a comic book by yourself in the corner?" Morgan Adventure asked Ulruka. "You're so much like October. Come join everyone. Bring your comic."

Red Cap joined the group, carrying Tales of Dread. Dr. October saw the comic, his eyes widened. "Wait. Not that comic."

"Oh, hush up, doc." said Death's Tongue from the comic's cover. "They're super heroes. I'm sure they've seen stranger things than a talking comic book."

The Indomitable Few all gathered around the comic book to watch Death's Tongue speak. Even Quantum Cat floated down from the rafters for a better view.

"Well, that's much better. I always like a bigger audience." Death's Tongue said as he flipped through the pages of the comic. "Let's see. Let me find a tale you can all appreciate. Hmm. The Indomitable Few. You sound like a Western." He looked at Frank Tanaka, dressed as a cowboy. "Yeah, you definately like Westerns. Here's a tale set in the old west. Starring some one you are all familiar with, though you've never met him. Some of you might even like to kill him. I call this tale.."

The Birth of Old Evil Eye

1848- California

Captain Malachi Veile and his wife Emelda lived on a ranch in Central California. He had fought for the United States against Mexico. When Mexico had conceded California to the U.S., Malachi had taken Emelda, a Mexican citizen, as his wife.

He was a brutal, greedy man. He worshipped strange gods and demons. Emelda, a religious catholic, was terrified of him. When she became pregnant by him, she had considered aborting but she knew her religion was against it.

October thirty first, at midnight upon a solar eclipse, Emelda gave birth to her son. Malachi held his baby high. "Doyle Veile." he named his son.

Malachi handed his baby to Emelda. As she looked upon her baby for the first time, she screamed. "El Diablo!" then passed out.

Malachi looked at his son. Doyle Veile had wrinkled skin, piranha's teeth, clawed hands and his right eye was a yellow vultures eye, while his left eye was a large, blackened hole.

Every day since, Emelda grew more and more terrified of her child. Not a day went by when he didn't bite her, claw her or simply stare at her with that evil eye while whispering curses at her in a language she couldn't understand.

The early days when she tried breast feeding baby Doyle were extremely painful. They never owned cats or dogs for long. They never worried about mice or rats either. Baby Doyle ate them all.

After four years of this, Emelda had decided enough was enough. One morning while Malachi was off in the hills, panning for gold, and baby Doyle was at the pond, diving for toads to capture and torture, Emelda made her escape. She packed lightly. Just a few cothes. The only possession she cared about was the rosary beads and cross her mother had given her.

She got on her horse and took off down the road. She never wanted to look back. Never wanted to be here again. To see her cruel husband or their monster child again.

She stole a quick glance at the pond as she passed by it. She thought she saw baby Doyle, standing at the pond; a big, bloody toad in his mouth. Staring at her with that evil, yellow eye.

She kept going. Never stop. Never look back.

At night she kept imagining baby Doyle jumping out of the darkness at her.

Keep going. Never stop. Never look back.

She kept thinking of her last image of baby Doyle. Staring at her. A big, bloody toad in his mouth. Except, the more she pictured it, the more the toad looked like a man's hand. Malachi's hand.

Never stop. Never look back.

"Well, that was a terrible mother, abandoning her only child like that." said Death's Tongue. "To think, that sweet, little baby Doyle grew up to be the villainous Old Evil Eye you're all so obsessed with defeating."

"My family has fought that old demon for six generations." said San Francisco Samurai. "Each generation, a warrior is chosen to take the mantle of San Francisco Samurai and fight evil. We know Doyle Veile, Old Evil Eye, very well. We will defeat him."

With that, the party had grown serious. S.F. Samurai said good night and left. Hourglass, Miss Adventure and Milk Girl had fallen asleep watching horror movies. Quantum Cat fell asleep in the rafters watching them.

Red Cap helped Dr. October clean up around the barn.

"Thanks." Dr. October said.

"Thank you, October." Red Cap said, looking at Miss Adventure.

"For what?" Dr. October asked.

"Being a good man to her." Red Cap replied. "I remember when she used to date bad boys. Men who abused her."

"Yeah, she told me about Erik Schlagen." replied October. "Can't believe she dated that muscle bound super villain. I'd like to get my hands on him."

Death's Tongue laughed from the comic, as October picked it up. "Schlagen the Slayer has gone toe to toe with Gunship himself. I don't think you want to get anywhere near Schl.."

Dr. October sealed Tales of Dread in a plastic sleeve, muting Death's Tongue, then he dropped the comic back in it's box.

Dr. October and Red Cap sat at the table, drinking Red Cap's goblin liquor.

Red Cap raised his glass. "Happy Halloween!"

Dr. October raised his glass.

Happy Halloween!

The End. For now.

Dr. October's Halloween Special will return next year.

The Indomitable Few will continue, weekly.

To read the last issue of Dr. October's Halloween Special: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/crank-dr-octobers-halloween-special-2-1734080/#8

Also, the issue of The Indomitable Few in which Quantum Cat betrays the team: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/crank-the-indomitable-few-4-1726843/#5/

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Needs some editing, not sure what a coboy is.

Still a nice end to a trio of Samhain Tales, Kudos to you...but that poor toad. they always get such a bad press....

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By stumpy49er

@impurestcheese: I knew it would. I was up til quite late typing this out.

Thanks. It was fun writing these. I've always loved the horror anthologies.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14